Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: What A Difference A Letter Makes -
      
   

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    West Burke Vermont
    Posts
    2,767

    Arrow What A Difference A Letter Makes -

    Spelling accuracy has nowhere near the clout it had in days of yore. But those who still value correct spelling might enjoy seeing what a change in a letter or two can do to some tried and true concepts.

    Intaxication: Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.

    Bozone: The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating

    Giraffiti: Vandalism spray-painted very, very high.

    Sarchasm: The gulf between the person who makes a cynical remark and the person who doesn't get it.

    Inoculatte: To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.

    Karmageddon: When everybody is sending off all these really bad vibes and the Earth explodes.

    Decafalon: The grueling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you.

    Beelzebug: Satan in the form of a mosquito that gets into your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.

    Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.

    Caterpallor: The color you turn after finding half a worm in the fruit you're eating.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Alberton - South Africa
    Posts
    4,007

    Default Re: What A Difference A Letter Makes -

    Quote Originally Posted by kassi59
    Spelling accuracy has nowhere near the clout it had in days of yore. But those who still value correct spelling might enjoy seeing what a change in a letter or two can do to some tried and true concepts.

    Intaxication: Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.

    Bozone: The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating

    Giraffiti: Vandalism spray-painted very, very high.

    Sarchasm: The gulf between the person who makes a cynical remark and the person who doesn't get it.

    Inoculatte: To take coffee intravenously when you are running late.

    Karmageddon: When everybody is sending off all these really bad vibes and the Earth explodes.

    Decafalon: The grueling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you.

    Beelzebug: Satan in the form of a mosquito that gets into your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.

    Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.

    Caterpallor: The color you turn after finding half a worm in the fruit you're eating.

    Hi Kassi59(Kate)
    Let me introduce myself, I 'm Lina the wife of the leader(Manuel).
    I haven't met you here yet,but the leader use to tell me about you on the forum(goods things ofcause) and its feels good to finally meet you here.
    I don't know if you have been following the leader's threads, but at this moment he is not around, He is on a mission very high up in space.
    I'm just filling in for him until he gets back on the 31st March. (My Cosmonaut Husband)
    I will let him know you popped in here again.

    By the way you post is funny but meanings are so true.
    Do pop in again soon as I'm sure Manny will like to chat to you again once he gets back.
    To catch on what the leader as been up to and doing log on to is threads below, and you will know exactly what....

    Lieutenant Colonel Astraltraveller
    Brigadier General Astral Traveller

    Manny(THE ALIEN LEADER)
    Click Here to See the Vodaliens Album & Join the Club!! Sendyour personal photo to be alienated to the Vodalien Group


    www.astralengineering.net
    www.masqueradecreations.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    2,037

    Default Re: What A Difference A Letter Makes -

    Very Good Kassi!! Thanks for popping in! We've missed you around here! Did you move? Computer been down? Just plain busy? Whatsya been up to?
    Cindy Smentowski

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    West Burke Vermont
    Posts
    2,767

    Default Re: What A Difference A Letter Makes -

    Quote Originally Posted by Astraltraveller
    Hi Kassi59(Kate)
    Let me introduce myself, I 'm Lina the wife of the leader(Manuel).
    I haven't met you here yet,but the leader use to tell me about you on the forum(goods things ofcause) and its feels good to finally meet you here.
    I don't know if you have been following the leader's threads, but at this moment he is not around, He is on a mission very high up in space.
    I'm just filling in for him until he gets back on the 31st March. (My Cosmonaut Husband)
    I will let him know you popped in here again.

    By the way you post is funny but meanings are so true.
    Do pop in again soon as I'm sure Manny will like to chat to you again once he gets back.
    To catch on what the leader as been up to and doing log on to is threads below, and you will know exactly what....

    Lieutenant Colonel Astraltraveller
    Brigadier General Astral Traveller
    Ah Good to meet you Lina! Ive not had the time to read any posts, but did want to at least pop in to tell a funny

    Thats manny always with his head in the clouds!...hehe...give him a heartfelt hello for me!

    yes, Me lady, Ive been very busy...not moved nor lost my puter..although I wish someone would break in a steal it so I can get a new one, still working on that!...hehe.....but thank you for asking.
    Ive looked at your site and you have really put a polish on it..looks great!

    Again Lina, good to see a new side of the traveller! and I wish him well in his mission.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Alberton - South Africa
    Posts
    4,007

    Default Re: What A Difference A Letter Makes -

    Quote Originally Posted by kassi59
    Ah Good to meet you Lina! Ive not had the time to read any posts, but did want to at least pop in to tell a funny

    Thats manny always with his head in the clouds!...hehe...give him a heartfelt hello for me!

    yes, Me lady, Ive been very busy...not moved nor lost my puter..although I wish someone would break in a steal it so I can get a new one, still working on that!...hehe.....but thank you for asking.
    Ive looked at your site and you have really put a polish on it..looks great!

    Again Lina, good to see a new side of the traveller! and I wish him well in his mission.

    You're welcome Kate,
    Manny always with his head in the clouds, you are right but right now he has it very high above the clouds....
    I shall say hello to him from you when I speak with again tomorrow.
    Hope to chat tp you again soon.

    Manny(THE ALIEN LEADER)
    Click Here to See the Vodaliens Album & Join the Club!! Sendyour personal photo to be alienated to the Vodalien Group


    www.astralengineering.net
    www.masqueradecreations.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,011

    Default Re: What A Difference A Letter Makes -

    Well, that just made my day! Very, very funny, although I resemble some of those remarks...

    Nice to meet you Kassi. Thanks for the good laugh...I too have a thing for spelling and grammar. My Irish mother drummed it into my head at a very early age. My head still hurts sometimes...hee hee

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •