Thread: Making the Form Fields Required

Question Making the Form Fields Required

My website is www.discounthealthnetwork.com

Can someone please tell me how to make each field on my forms required fields? I can't quite seem to figure it out.

My form is located at www.discounthealthnetwork.com/interview.html

Thanks for your help

Default Re: Making the Form Fields Required

Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

yhopson-
    Well- the form needs a lot of work as there are errors in it. For example:
    In the Home Address section- the boxes; Line 1, Line 2, City, State/Province and Zip are all named "T1" (which is the default name given an input box) and therefore will only produce one result.

What you are asking - make sure some one puts information into a given input box, requires a custom php script and the addition of error messages given to instruct the user that they need to place input into the field.

It would be far eaiser to take Naval's advice and follow his link to install the ABVFP that he describes.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Smile Re: Making the Form Fields Required

Ok. Thank you.
    I will follow Navaldesign's advice and see how it goes.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Navaldesign where is the exact download link?
    When I click on the link that you provided it takes me to a long forum thread but I can't find the actuall download link for ABVFP.

Please advise
    Thanks

Thank you. I will download it now!

Ok so I downloaded the ABVFP and installed it correctly. I went to create a form and use an existing one and then I got lost. Is there a tutorial I can watch when it comes to creating a form? I would like to use the 3 forms that I already created in Blue Voda. The forms are located at the following pages

www.discounthealthnetwork.com/add_url.html
    www.discounthealthnetwork.com/interview.html
    www.discounthealthnetwork.com/group_quote.html

All I really want to do is make it so that the forms will not work if you don't enter the required information. Right now all someone has to do is click on submit and an email will be generated.

I am so lost on trying to recreate these forms in ABFVP and I am not sure what to do next.
    Please help
    Thanks

Create your form, following the MS word tutorial that Naval included in the ABVFP package and you should be fine. For the most part, required fields require an R next to the appropriate letter of the field. I can't look at the file right now to give up much help, but trust me, if you follow Naval's tutorial to the T, you shouldn't have any problems. I created this form doing exactly what you are talking about...check it out. www.mypersonaloffice.biz/contactform.html

Quote Originally Posted by yhopson
    Ok so I downloaded the ABVFP and installed it correctly. I went to create a form and use an existing one and then I got lost. Is there a tutorial I can watch when it comes to creating a form? I would like to use the 3 forms that I already created in Blue Voda. The forms are located at the following pages

www.discounthealthnetwork.com/add_url.html
    www.discounthealthnetwork.com/interview.html
    www.discounthealthnetwork.com/group_quote.html

All I really want to do is make it so that the forms will not work if you don't enter the required information. Right now all someone has to do is click on submit and an email will be generated.

I am so lost on trying to recreate these forms in ABFVP and I am not sure what to do next.
    Please help
    Thanks
    You don't need to recreate the forms. You simply need to change the field names. If, f.e. you had the "Name" field named like that, and you want to make it required, you need to rename the field to "Name-R". The "-R" will be automatically striped from the emails, so no worry about this. I also always suggest that the fields are also limited in length, and i also suggest that you limit the possbility to have the @ sign, by making it "Name-RA" . A stands (look at the tutorial) for a 30 chrs ling field, and also NO @ symbol allowed. This is to prevent your form being used for spam.
    Navaldesign
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Psignomen, General? AliensAnonymous might be seeking your assistance here....

For some reason I still can't seem to figure it all out and I keep getting hundreds of form submittals that are all blank because I can't seem to figure out how to make the information required in order to submit it to me. Where is the exact tutorial that I need to watch to make this work? Thanks for your help.

If you have installed ABVFP it is enough to add a -R at the end of the field name. However, BV9 has added validation to he form features, so you can now do it from within BV
    Navaldesign

Thank you.
    I will try it again in BV.

The first field in my form is name, which is a required field. It is a white field and is not yellow as all the required fields are. How do I correct this. Also. I get an error message when a phone number is put in saying no dashes allowed. Need help with that too.
    Thanks in advance,
    Larry

Did YOU make them yellow, or they appear yellow by themselves ?

if you made them purposely yellow, and the Name field is white, then there is really an issue.
    If they only appear yellow by themselves, whithout you having set them to be yellow, then there is no issue. Those that appear yellow, are simply turned yellow not because you have set them to be required, but because you have probably installed Google Toolbar with the Autofill tool. This tool recognizes the fields and turns them yellow to show the user which fields can be automatically filled in.

Please clarify exactly which is the case.
    Navaldesign

Thread Information