Thread: Wanted: Pro at SoHo to help a newb w/ problem

Default Wanted: Pro at SoHo to help a newb w/ problem

>.< If anyone knows how to fix this.... I beg of you help me!

In the help center of SoHo, the diagnostic permission settings are set at Writeable: no / Status:Failed I'm not sure if I need to fix this through the Blue Voda CPanel or through the SoHo CPanel. And I have no idea what to do to fix it.

It was recommended that I set the "display option" to "Y". I did that but it doesn't seem to have solved my problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you ^_^

Default Re: Wanted: Pro at SoHo to help a newb w/ problem

Sounds like you need Chmod a file to 777 which should then make it writable. Does it have anything else in the error message which could help you narrow down which file??
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

It says permissions: 755 if that means anything. No idea how to fix this.

need to go into your cpanel, click file manager then find the file that is not chmod 777, click on change permissions at the top right and change it to 777. Usually on install it would tell you which files to chmod. If it did not and you do not know which file to change the permissions on, i would suggest trying at the soho forum as they are the developers and they should know what to do.
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Thanks Mook,
    I tried that but the diagnostics said that the permissions needed to be at 755. So I got no clue what to do. I'll try SoHo some more.

sammy... what else does it say? should give you a whole screen of who owns it etc. If its set to NOBODY, you cant change it because you dont own it. I think you have to put in a support ticket and have them fix that setting, or reconfigure the soho, The only other place I can think of that you set it to 777 is in the webmaster icon, update software tab? before you click on the update off to the side, you can tell it to set that one to 777 so it can update.. etc. See if thats the issue, then try reapplying the latest update and see if that solves your issue.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Quote Originally Posted by Sammys Treasurebox
    Thanks Mook,
    I tried that but the diagnostics said that the permissions needed to be at 755. So I got no clue what to do. I'll try SoHo some more.
    Different servers need different permissions. 755 on some servers is writeable and on some it is 777. You could try changing the permissions as suggested and if it does not work then you could change them back. It really is not set in stone once the permissions have been changed.

You can change that file all day long. Its an install issue and its not giving the correct OWNERSHIP durning the install. You need to put in a support ticket and have them fix it.

Ive already seen/worked on about 15 stores and its the same in every instance.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Thread Information