Thread: BlueVoda V9.0.3 Issue Tracker

Default BlueVoda V9.0.3 Issue Tracker

This is issue tracking thread for BlueVoda version 9.0.3...

If you come accross any issues or bugs please report them on this thread and we will fix them immediately.....

Thank you for helping to make BV9 the best website builder in the world

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Default Re: BlueVoda V9.0.3 Issue Tracker

My navigation bar style changed with I updated to 9.0.3. My navgiation bar was white with red left arrow. My background is red and the bar no longer shows, just b/w text. What do I have to do to fix this problem?
    Andrea

Have a similar problem. My menu bar has put on weight. It was size 12 in text & it seems to be about a 14 or 16. Can you put a diet in the next update please?

NOTE: Should I leave this for now? As I donít want to change the menu & then have to change it back again.

Slowly getting there. lol

The new Blue Voda has caused a problem with the background of the page that I am working on. If I click anywhere on the page other than on a text box or image, the background turns black. My page is white. A double click turns the page back to white. I can't work like this and guess that I'll have to take old Blue Voda from my laptop and reinstall on my desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by patnelson321
    The new Blue Voda has caused a problem with the background of the page that I am working on. If I click anywhere on the page other than on a text box or image, the background turns black. My page is white. A double click turns the page back to white. I can't work like this and guess that I'll have to take old Blue Voda from my laptop and reinstall on my desktop.
    Publish the page and provide a link so we can take a look.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

This is not a bug in the menubar. We've changed the behaviour of the menubar, because previous versions (prior to version 9) had serious displays problems on some browsers and specific computer configurations.

Previous versions of the menubar used fonts in points, the new version uses pixel sized fonts for improved compatiblitity with the latest web standards and to make sure it looks the same on all computers.
    Please update the style of the menubar to the desired value and it should be ok.
    Forum Moderator
    BlueVoda Spe******t

Previously with BV8, when I clicked on a bvp file from Windows Explorer, the page will open in BlueVoda (of course BV is opened at the same time). And I can just repeat with other pages, they will appear in BV with respective tabs above the horizontal ruler.

Now, I get a new blank BV window instead. So if I open 3 files, I get 3 blank BV windows. But, it's OK if I open the files from BV. Is this a bug?
    (: Read Only The Good Stuff And Your Day Will Be Blessed :)

Yangman:

Open Windows Explorer. Browse your BV folder, and select ANY .bvp file. Right click, properties, and in the "Open with" field, click on Change. From the list of programs that will appear, select BlueVoda. This should fix your problem for all .bvp pages.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Thanks naval. Solved!
    (: Read Only The Good Stuff And Your Day Will Be Blessed :)

Pablo - could you be more specific. I don't understand. Update the style?

Thanks

Albanez77 Guest

My current install of Blue Voda is 7.6. I downloaded the installer for the latest version from the version release post in the forums, but neither of the installers work. The setup.exe tries to launch then fails and is aborted leaving a window which states: error in compressed file - bad CRC. Then says: cannot extract support files. I tried the zip version as well, but winzip tells me that the archive is invalid. I find it really hard to believe that others haven't experienced this. I tried talking to Hank, a support person, but he keeps directing me to this ccleaner program, which doesn't change anything, and he keeps telling me to mess with my registry, then download and install again. I think something else is the problem. Could this be happening because I skipped the update to version 8? Why can't the installer unpack its own resource library?! Help please!

Yes. I also don't understand "update the style of the menubar to the desired value".
    Lori
    www.lkarts.com
    Acting Teacher, Actor, Singer

"Remember, if you're getting kicked from behind, you must be out in front!"

Yes. I also don't understand "update the style of the menubar to the desired value".
    You can change the style of the menubar through the properties window.
    (Menu->Edit->Properties) Just select the correct size for the menubar and republish the page.
    Forum Moderator
    BlueVoda Spe******t

Quote Originally Posted by Albanez77
    My current install of Blue Voda is 7.6. I downloaded the installer for the latest version from the version release post in the forums, but neither of the installers work. The setup.exe tries to launch then fails and is aborted leaving a window which states: error in compressed file - bad CRC. Then says: cannot extract support files. I tried the zip version as well, but winzip tells me that the archive is invalid. I find it really hard to believe that others haven't experienced this. I tried talking to Hank, a support person, but he keeps directing me to this ccleaner program, which doesn't change anything, and he keeps telling me to mess with my registry, then download and install again. I think something else is the problem. Could this be happening because I skipped the update to version 8? Why can't the installer unpack its own resource library?! Help please!
    Please follow these steps:

1. Uninstall BV.
    2. Go in your IE, Tools, Option, and delete temporary files
    3. Download again.
    Navaldesign
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

I guess I am not explaining myself very well. This has do with style of image, not size.

I have changed menu bar/navigation bar image to plain yellow and republished. If anyone can figure this out for me, I would like to go back to my original style menu/navigation bars.
    Thank You

Question Re: BlueVoda V9.0.3 Issue Tracker

I do not know if this is an issue but I can't get it figured out. I was excited about the logo maker and have been trying to create a logo. It looks fine but when I preview it in the browers it does not look ok. I created a purple ellipse logo but when I view it in the browser there is a light blue box around the logo. I cannot find anywhere how to change this to transparent or do I have to do something else?

Clarinetjoy

Hi,

Just trying out the tables.

I will like to select all the rows and columns and change the fonts and colours at one go...but it seems cannot work. Pls advise. Thank you.
    Cheers,
    Eric PSF

PapaEric.com
    A Father's Parenting Diary & More...

Quote Originally Posted by jamnltd
    I guess I am not explaining myself very well. This has do with style of image, not size.

I have changed menu bar/navigation bar image to plain yellow and republished. If anyone can figure this out for me, I would like to go back to my original style menu/navigation bars.
    Thank You
    Actually i did encounter the same problem:

As you can see in the attached image, i have used a white button, with a red arrow (as jamnltd says he was). Well, in the original BV page, the white behaves as transparent, whilst in preview, it turns to a light fuchsia.
    I beleive that this the problem jamnltd is reffering to.

Navaldesign

Hello,
    I have downloaded v. 9.0.3 but still cannot drag files into my public_html in Blue FTP.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Another issue (under Windows Vista, still need to check with XP)

Importing Existing Html Pages: I always get an error message, and then the page background turns to a pale fuchsia (the same as in the menubar related post, #

Please have a look at the attached images:

Navaldesign

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonTerry
    Hello,
    I have downloaded v. 9.0.3 but still cannot drag files into my public_html in Blue FTP.
    Terry, FTP seems to work fine, i have used it about ten times. What exactly is the issue ? If you cannot drag, please:

1. Uninstall completely BV
    2. Delete your IE temporary files
    3. Download and install again BV 9.03
    Navaldesign

Menu bar problem
    I think you are referring to the navigationbar?
    The look of the navigationbutton is defined by their source image.
    You can find those images in the folder:
    C:\Program Files\BlueVoda Website Builder\navbar
    Previous versions of BV didn't look at the transparancy information in these images, while the new version does.
    Questions:
    1) Which image did you select as your navagitionbar button?
    2) How can we reproduce your problem?

HTML Import problem
    Make sure your firewall isn't blocking internet access.
    I"ve tried it on multiple Vista computers and it seems to work fine, once I've unblocked the firewall.
    Forum Moderator
    BlueVoda Spe******t

I think you are referring to the navigationbar?
    The look of the navigationbutton is defined by their source image.
    You can find those images in the folder:
    C:\Program Files\BlueVoda Website Builder\navbar
    Previous versions of BV didn't look at the transparancy information in these images, while the new version does.
    Correct. As those transparency details were ignored in previous versions, many members that have built their bars in the past, and were thinking that they were simple gifs, now load their existing pages in bv9.03 and find out that the appearance is changed, simply because those were in fact transparent gifs.
    Only solution: change the bar buttons to another type.

HTML Import problem
    Make sure your firewall isn't blocking internet access.
    I"ve tried it on multiple Vista computers and it seems to work fine, once I've unblocked the firewall
    Issue solved.
    The problem was NOT with the firewall. In BV 8 importing a page from existing html was working even if you did not check the "Local" or "Remote(On the net)" radio button. In the new version, importing a web page REQUIRES checking the "Remote" radio button.

Of course, adding BlueVoda in the list of exeptions of the firewall, will help anyone having problems with it.
    Navaldesign

1) The real problem in this case is the transparency value of the specific button. If you open the button image in PaintShopPro (or any other image editor) you will notice that the transparancy color is set to white. This should be 'none' If you make this change in PaintShopPro it will work as expected.
    One more technical detail: the 'pink' color you see in the published image button is the transparency color of the text that is rendered on top of the navigation button. But because the button has no background color it will render incorrectly.
    If someone can give a list of all problemetic navigationbar images I will try to correct them in the next update of BlueVoda. But note that can easily do it yourself with any image editor whihc supports .gif images.

2) You are correct. BlueVoda now checks if the imported page really exist before it tries to download and import it.
    Forum Moderator
    BlueVoda Spe******t

1) The real problem in this case is the transparency value of the specific button. If you open the button image in PaintShopPro (or any other image editor) you will notice that the transparancy color is set to white. This should be 'none' If you make this change in PaintShopPro it will work as expected.
    One more technical detail: the 'pink' color you see in the published image button is the transparency color of the text that is rendered on top of the navigation button. But because the button has no background color it will render incorrectly.
    If someone can give a list of all problemetic navigationbar images I will try to correct them in the next update of BlueVoda. But note that can easily do it yourself with any image editor whihc supports .gif images.
    In most cases you can do something very simple: open the button image, from the navbar image library, with Windows Paint and then simply click Save. Paint does NOT preserve the transparency details, so you will have your button as you were seeing it with BV8. However, please note that this is a solution applicable only in case of rectangular buttons. Rounded ones NEED to have the transparency details (for the rounded corners)

2) You are correct. BlueVoda now checks if the imported page really exist before it tries to download and import it.
    One more click is well worth the time, in order to avoid all those ghost browser windows.
    Navaldesign

Please Helllllllllllllllllp,
    Ive installed bluevoda about 15 times now and still nothing. Its installed on to the pc but it wont open. I click on the bluevoda icon but nothing happens ive uninstalled then reinstalled it But still nothing im dying to try this software has it has got fantastic reviews.
    So can someone please HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP.
    Thanks Trev

Please unistall again. Then, delete Temp files from your Browser (in IE, Tools, Otions, Delete files) and download / install again.
    Navaldesign

Thanks for quick responce trying it now

tryed that Navaldesign but still nothing.

NavalDesign- Thank you for understand and the visual of my problem. I now understand why the buttons look as they do. Now I know you don't think I am craxy. I will try your suggestions re: saving them to Windows Paint or Paint Shop Pro. If and when this transpancy problem is addressed I will go back to my white/red navagation/menu bars.

Everyone - thank you for your patience and help.

Cool Re: BlueVoda V9.0.3 Issue Tracker

Hi I have tried to get BV 9.02 and 9.03 working but to no avail.

I am running Vista Ultimate at home and Windows XP in work, neither OS seems to work with your upgraded software.

This is a display of the rusult of my attempt to upgrade

In the meantime would it be possible to post a link to the pre upgraded version so i can at least manage my site.

peter d
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	voda problem.JPG 
Views:	1375 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	625  

Smile Re: BlueVoda V9.0.3 Issue Tracker

Pablo - Thanks for your help. I guess I was not using the correct terminology to get my point accross. The visual of my problem was exactly what I was trying to explain. Untill you fix the problem I will just use yellow bars.

Thanks again

Peter d,
    I do not think this issues is difrectly related to the new version.
    It looks like you have moved your images to another location.
    Make sure the images of your webpage still exists.
    Forum Moderator
    BlueVoda Spe******t

Can anyone help me with this??
    I do not know if this is an issue but I can't get it figured out. I was excited about the logo maker and have been trying to create a logo. It looks fine but when I preview it in the browers it does not look ok. I created a purple ellipse logo but when I view it in the browser there is a light blue box around the logo. I cannot find anywhere how to change this to transparent or do I have to do something else?

Clarinetjoy

Hi,

I noticed that upto version 9.1 of BV I could open multiple files at once but now I cannot. Let me explain: I open BV as usual and select existing fiel and open a page. I then go to my documents and select several BV files at once and press enter and they automatically open in BV. Now when I do that it does not work. I tried what Naval had suggested earlier but it only open one file and i cannot open multiple files at once. This takes an inordinate amount of time if you are working with ten files at once. Could someone please tell me if ther is another way?
    Beezz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

clarinetjoy,
    Which browser do you use?
    Are your local security settings correct or do you see a secuirty error?
    Forum Moderator
    BlueVoda Spe******t

It is Explorer. There is no error it just has a blue box around the logo.

I added a copy of what it looks like in the browser.
    Attached Files Attached Files

But... there is a security warning message on your screen!
    Please read the yellow warning (To help protect your security...) and follow instructions, this will probably get rid of the blue box;)
    Forum Moderator
    BlueVoda Spe******t

Thank you that was it. I get that error so often that I don't even notice it any more

George,
    Thanks, your directions solved the issue with Blue FTP.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Terry, i have copy / pasted 4 entire pages of text (just as a check) and i have had no problem. Can you please make sure that the code that you are trying to copy doesn't have some breaking tag ? Try doing this with some other, even longer, piece of code.
    Navaldesign

Well I downloaded V9.0.3. Went to my pages. No photos. Each image box states: Image Not Found.
    What's up with that?
    Mike

Try re-defining your images.
    Navaldesign

I'm sorry, Navel. What do you mean re-define my images?
    Mike

Ok, if these are pages that are already published, do not worry, the pages are already on the server, so even if they do not appear in the BV page, they will show when you publish the updated page.

If these are NOT published pages, double click on the image, as if you were putting it there for the first time, then select ANOTHER (no matter which) image, then repeat the operation putting the correct image. See if this works.
    Navaldesign

Thanks, Naval.
    They were already published pages. But, I will still have to go back and but in my photos for future page editing. (I like to see what I'm doing) And this will be a BIG PAIN IN THE BUTT....
    Thanks
    Mike Ross
    www.SA-OrganGrinder.com
    "The Happiest Music On Earth"

Might be a small glitch with the light box & this will be rare happening.

If I load, let say 6 images called b1 to b6 from one folder into light box.
    If I now go to another folder & load 1 or 2 more images, thatís fine!
    But if there is a totally different image in this 2nd folder that happens to be called b3, it will replace original image that I got from the 1st folder. This only shows in the preview & seems to be ok when published. But it might put some one thinking they have the wrong images to upload.
    I know it will be rare, but it will happen.

Hi Terry,

yes, you are correct, only about 28900 chrs were copied from a total of 94000. This is an extremely long code. I don't know what is the limit, Pablo will let us know i suppose. Did you have that code pasted in a html box with the old BV ?

I have also tried to paste it in the Inside Body, but no use.

I beleive that you can save the file as php, upload it, and have it implemented in the way described in the "Single Menu page with BV and php". Or, through an Iframe.
    Navaldesign

After installing VB 9.0.3 it has been impossible to publish any page I get error 550

Help!

George,
    No, this was a first try. It is an Microsoft Excel doc. At the time I tried pasting the html I was having problems with BV FTP. I was able to drag to FTP after following your directions.
    However, BV FTP is still acting strange. Some docs will drag and others wont.
    Thanks for your help.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Terry, NavalDesign

If you would like to insert large pieces of Javascript you should consider putting it in a seperate javascript file.
    BlueVoda uses the standaard Windows input control which has a limit of 32K, but this might also depend on on which version of Windows you use and the amount of memory in your computer.

Note that BlueVoda is not an HTML editor, but an HTML generator.
    Forum Moderator
    BlueVoda Spe******t

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo
    Terry, NavalDesign

If you would like to insert large pieces of Javascript you should consider putting it in a seperate javascript file.
    BlueVoda uses the standaard Windows input control which has a limit of 32K, but this might also depend on on which version of Windows you use and the amount of memory in your computer.

Note that BlueVoda is not an HTML editor, but an HTML generator.
    Hi Pablo,

in this case it is not a javascript, but a Microsoft Excell generated html file However, i also suggested to import it in the page as external file, using an include command.
    Navaldesign

Since downloading new version, I've noticed that ALL my navigation buttons have a black strikethrough! How do I get rid of them? I've tried deleting and redoing but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Couple of reports on some of the fonts are not showing up in the banner maker.
    These are some of them.

@Arial Unicode MS

Accord Heavy SF

Alaska Extrabold

Andy

Balloonist & sf

Quote Originally Posted by trev1471
    Please Helllllllllllllllllp,
    Ive installed bluevoda about 15 times now and still nothing. Its installed on to the pc but it wont open. I click on the bluevoda icon but nothing happens ive uninstalled then reinstalled it But still nothing im dying to try this software has it has got fantastic reviews.
    So can someone please HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP.
    Thanks Trev
    Ive got the same problem. Ive uninstalled it, used the ccleaner, deleted temp files, restarted computer and reinstalled. But nothing. Keep getting an error message saying "BlueVoda has encountered a problem and needs to close...."

Any ideas guys?
    Thanks!
    Teri

What a great service is Blue Voda !
    And the updated 9 version is fantastic. As this is my first creation of web page I'm really enjoying the challenge.
    Also I would really like to know how many visits I receive - any chance of including a hit counter in the new improved version of Blue Voda ?

Many thanks & keep up the great work.
    Nick.
    http://www.russianscouts.com

This is probably small compared to other people's issues, but since I upgraded, my photo gallery pictures with title that were made in the previous bv now come up in minute (tiny) font size. I have to manually double-click on every single pic and change the size in the Photo Gallery Properties dialog box. Is there any way around this?

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo
    Peter d,
    I do not think this issues is difrectly related to the new version.
    It looks like you have moved your images to another location.
    Make sure the images of your webpage still exists.
    Pablo, I have checked that my photo's are in the correct place and that my entire folder structure is also where it shouold be. BV 9.2 and 9.3 will not display correctly as it did with BV 9.0

any further ideas. I notice several other posts from members regarding similar issues.

peter d

So none of your images display correctly?
    The images are in the right location, but they are not loaded?

If you insert a new image, does it work then?
    All my images seems to load fine, please give us as much details as possible how we can reproduce your problem.
    Forum Moderator
    BlueVoda Spe******t

Pablo, I am having some success in reconstituting my images. I have to re establish the location of every missing item - time consuming but effective. thanks for a quick and helpfull response

peter d

Can you tell what the difference is between the image path before you've changed it and after?
    I assume the location isn't the same otherwise there would be no difference and the image would load ok, right?

IN other words:
    What is the value in the filename before you've changed it manually?
    What is the value in the filename after you've changed it manually
    Forum Moderator
    BlueVoda Spe******t

I'll try again, see if someone answers me

After installing VB 9.0.3 it has been impossible to publish any page I get error 550

Help!

Cecilia,

You've probably selected the wrong IP address and/or entered the wrong username/password?
    Forum Moderator
    BlueVoda Spe******t

Hi,

Have downloaded BlueVoda V9.0.3 but when I try to install I get the error message " Error in Compressed file - Bad CRC"

I have uninstalled and installed as both a zipped and normal file but always the same result.

Please can you advise what's going on as I havn't seen the problem elsewhere on the forum.

I have also checked my computer for viruses, buds etc but completely clear.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Have downloaded Internet download manager (IDM) and downloaded again using it, and problem solved. If anyone is experiencing same problem please try the same.

Rob

1) All issues on this thread about BV 9.0.3 have now been resolved.
    2) Please click the below to download version 9.1

http://support.vodahost.com/index.ph...wnloaditemid=1

3) Please report all issues related to version 9.1 on the below thread...

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/new...e-tracker.html

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Click the below to download BlueVoda Version 9.1

http://support.vodahost.com/index.ph...wnloaditemid=1

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Thread Information