Thread: I Ranked 2,069,129 with Alexa

Default I Ranked 2,069,129 with Alexa

I recently checked with Alexa.com and my website http://www.capitaltrace.com ranked at 2,069,129 which I guess is not bad considering the amount of websites out there. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve that? Open to ideas

Default Re: I Ranked 2,069,129 with Alexa

Hi,

I have had the same questions ... my Alexa ranking used to be very high, as in 5.5 million or something crazy, but I have steadily brought it down to 273 000 or so ... I dont think Alexa is as important as Google Page Rank but while your PR is 0 (as mine was for months), seeing your Alexa go down (ie get better) serves as incentive if nothing else ... lol.

I think Alexa depends on how many ppl have the Alexa toolbar installed and how many of them click on your site ... something like that ... the only way to move forward I think is plain old SEO ... get articles out there, ask for links, keep on every day with the drudge and eventually it gets better ... my PR is now 3 which is a vast improvement over 0, LOL :-

Anyway, hope this helps,

chao

Will
    PS I went to your site and it looks fine, the blue area is cutting off some copy from the brown area (or the other way round, lol) - take a look at that :-
    A manual to help small-business owners . http://www.entrepreneurshipz.com

I wouldnt get enthused about alexa until you got in the top 100,000. As was mentioned already, Alexa reflects results based on their tool bar, and searches done at AMAZON.

I have one site 768, 000, my top selling site is just under 2 mil, and my site i rarely do a thing with is at 1.5. So.. I dont get enthused for alexa.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Bethers is offline Major General & Forum Moderator

Truthfully, I pay absolutely no attention to Alexa. That ranking comes only from people with that toolbar, as Will stated. Until you start building a website you don't even know who/what Alexa is - and the people who shop from you do not have it.

So, I just went and checked 2 of my stores. The one that has the "best" Alexa ranking at the moment - is the one getting the least amount of sales. The one with the higher ranking is paying all my bills.

Be careful of asking too much from this ranking. In some industries it will mean more than in others, but for most of us, it isn't important to even know what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by planet777
    Hi,

I have had the same questions ... my Alexa ranking used to be very high, as in 5.5 million or something crazy, but I have steadily brought it down to 273 000 or so ... I dont think Alexa is as important as Google Page Rank but while your PR is 0 (as mine was for months), seeing your Alexa go down (ie get better) serves as incentive if nothing else ... lol.

I think Alexa depends on how many ppl have the Alexa toolbar installed and how many of them click on your site ... something like that ... the only way to move forward I think is plain old SEO ... get articles out there, ask for links, keep on every day with the drudge and eventually it gets better ... my PR is now 3 which is a vast improvement over 0, LOL :-

Anyway, hope this helps,

chao

Will
    PS I went to your site and it looks fine, the blue area is cutting off some copy from the brown area (or the other way round, lol) - take a look at that :-
    Thanks for your input...I do have a question though. Since I use Firefox browser, I really do not see where you're talking about the blue area overlapping the brown. Everything looks fine on my computer. Can you elaborate? I'll look for it on another computer. Thanks

Hey Cap,

You're welcome :-

I also use Firefox ... under the headline "What we do"
    DIVERSITY IS OUR INNOVATION
    the line which ends "..work for you" is cut off a bit ... don't know if anyone else sees the same thing? Maybe my browser is jinxed ... LOL.

Anyway, chao 4 now

Will

Oops, I tried to cut and paste from your site, which explains the strange look of the above post ... LOL.

I agree total waste of time, my ranking has got worse over the last two months and I have nearly double the hits in this time...so take no notice.
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Thumbs up Re: I Ranked 2,069,129 with Alexa

Quote Originally Posted by captrac View Post
    I recently checked with Alexa.com and my website http://www.capitaltrace.com ranked at 2,069,129 which I guess is not bad considering the amount of websites out there. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve that? Open to ideas
    Hi,

Just to say that your website is really professional and well designed, good on you!

Good luck,
    -Jacksparrow_6

If you are still about your product page does not work from the home page.
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Red face Re: I Ranked 2,069,129 with Alexa

Hi Everyone,

Well I have a question then. If we are not to worry about Alexa ranking, then when we are looking for people to link with, what rating should we go by to be able to select who will be a good choice to link with? And how do we go about checking that rank for each site?

Thanks for your help!!

Ronda

Hi Everyone,

Well I have a question then. If we are not to worry about Alexa ranking, then when we are looking for people to link with, what rating should we go by to be able to select who will be a good choice to link with? And how do we go about checking that rank for each site?

Thanks for your help!!

Ronda
    I would not worry about the Alexa ranking because it is not accurate in many cases. You should link with relevant sites with good content and that are well presented. If you want to check there P.R you can use tools like http://www.prchecker.info/check_page_rank.php
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Thread Information