Thread: Using own pages from BV in oscommerce

Question Using own pages from BV in oscommerce

Hi All,

Im fairly new to this business and need some help.

My domain name is calibercables.co.uk but i have not published anything as yet as im still in the creating stages.

I have created a few pages in BV and am happy with the design. I would like to use Paypal as my shopping cart but they do not calculate shipping by weight - i NEED to calculate shipping by weight !

I have looked at oscommerce and found that i can calculate my shipping using the 'by weight' option, but i dont really want to abandon the work i have done so far and have to use an oscommerce template.

Can i use oscommerce as my shopping cart but still keep my own page designs ? Or will i have to use their custom layouts ?

I hope someone can help me. Many thanks for any response in advance !

Babyflannel

Default Re: Using own pages from BV in oscommerce

Hi,

I think for shopping cart needs, better use Soho which is also free from Vodahost. However, it should work online.
    Chitra B. Gurung
    EVERGREEN Tours,
    Kathmandu, Nepal
    www.egtours.com

You can't use bluevoda to create a template/layout for oscommerce or any other script for that matter. BlueVoda is used to create static pages (or dynamic with a lot of effort).

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

I pretty much had the same question and have been trying to apply my BV designs to Soholaunch, with no luck at all. I finally got frustrated with that and downloaded a template off of Soho AddOns, and it STILL doesn't show up in my selection. Is there any way around those few templates in Soholaunch?
    Thanks,
    Laurie

Well Laurie,

you are asking about soholaunch in Oscommerce. Theres lots of ways to do soho templates and edit and configure them. Try looking in the soho thread itself or on the soho forum, and the MANUAL also tells you how to UPLOAD a template to soho.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Thread Information