Thread: will google find me?

Question will google find me?

What would be necessary in order for by web page to be found by google?

You need to submit your site. If you are a VodaHost customer. we will submit
    your site to the top 40 search engines in lcuding Google, Yahoo & MSN. This
    is a free service that is part of your web hosting package.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Default Re: will google find me?

wait a sec,you mean that everyone that has a hosting account can use vodahits for free? i thought vodahits has a price(and i think i saw "pricing" or something in the site) What is going on?
    Is it free for vodahost customers and not free for everyone else?

I thought the same thing. When you go to the Vodahits pge, it has a cost listed, so I thought we had to pay for it. =P

How do we get to the "free submit" page?

Julie S.

VodaHits is not free, but we do offer a one time free submission to all VodaHost customers.
    Please open a support ticket to request this service.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Thumbs up Re: will google find me?

Quote Originally Posted by parris
    What would be necessary in order for by web page to be found by google?

From what I know there is no need to submit to google. Plan on waiting a while for your site to show up on google. Only submit once to yahoo and msn just to give the engines a push. For smaller engines its okay to submit once every 30 days if you like, I never do. The first engine that will index you site will be msn. It is a good idea to have the Blue Voda team submit your site for you, but I would exclude google. Google does everything different. pet121

IT'S HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO SUBMIT ONE A WEEK!!!!TO ANY SEARCH ENGINE.How do you think the search engine will find out about any changes/updates you made?
    but of cource,if you don't update your site you don't need to

Thumbs up Do Not Practice This!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xdigimaster
    IT'S HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO SUBMIT ONE A WEEK!!!!TO ANY SEARCH ENGINE.How do you think the search engine will find out about any changes/updates you made?
    but of cource,if you don't update your site you don't need to

Please for your own good do not use this advice. Goolge will find your pages automatically by their google bots. When A new page is published the google bot in travelling the web will pick up on this and scan your content accordingly.

If you are submitting you site to google once a week or everytime you make a change, google may ban you all together. They call it spamming the engine.

I suggest as in my previous posts do not submitt to google. Yahoo submitt once Msn once ect... The smaller engines its okay once a month.

Everytime I make changes Google Yahoo and MSN comeback to visit my site automatically.

I beg and plead do not use this method once a week submission. I quarantee it will kill you site!!!!

Bottom line leave google alone. Expect a wait time of six months for any movement from google. pet121

The same for you.A difference in opinion then.That's how i like it.It's too boring when everyone just agrees.

The same for you.A difference in opinion then.That's how i like it.It's too boring when everyone just agrees.
    Yasoo my friend,

This is not just difference of opinion but the facts. If you practice this method you commit website suicide. pet121

You don't seem to get it, do you? I never said that you should submit your site to search engines lots of time.What i meant with what i said was that you should resubmit your site when you change document title and/or keywords and/or links........
    I think it's abvious that resubmitting the site without any difference it's useless.I meant you should submit it when you change it!!!!!!!!!!

i said "once in a week" because a website should be updated.!

When you make changes to your site the same applies. Do not resubmit the bots pick up on changes. Many people of this forum would back me on this. If you don't believe me visit the google submit page and begin to learn what is appropiate. pet121

1.Q: My site was listed on a search engine last week, but now it's gone. What happened?

A: Periodically, some search engines will purge outdated URL information, and occasionally an active site will inadvertently be removed. We recommend that you check weekly to verify your site is still in a search engine's database and to resubmit your site if it suddenly disappears from the search engine listing or starts to drop in the ratings.

Do not submit your site too frequently (more than once a day), because some search engines will consider this to be "spamming" and may delete your site from their listings. You also do not want to re-submit to a search engine if you already are ranked highly. Leave success alone.

2.Question:
    How often do I need to submit my website to the Search Engines?
    Answer:
    There is no need to submit your website to the Search Engines more than one time. Once you are in their database of web pages, resubmitting your web page to the Search Engines again will not help rank your website higher.

The only time you need to resubmit your web page to the Search Engines is when you have edited your web page and changed your Title, Description, or general text you have on your web page.

Resubmitting is the only way to guarantee the Search Engines will notice the changes you made to your website the next time that their Search Engine Spider checks your web page for updates or changes it needs to take note of.

The best way to find out if you are listed in the Search Engines is to ask the Search Engines to search for ...... www.YourDomain.com ...... If they show your website in their list of results that means you are listed in their database and there is no need to resubmit your web page unless you have made changes to it and you want them to take note of those changes.

If the Search Engines do not suggest your website in their results, by asking them to search specifically for your own website Domain Name, that means you are not currently listed in their database and you need to resubmit your web page

I have more if you want.and note that spamming is for more than once in a day or 2 days not per weeks.
    (i can give you the links on where i found these info if you want)

There is no truth to what you are saying. Learn a little more and do things your way and in the end your site will be black listed. Through alot of hard work my site carries a pank rank of 4. I am also number one for many keywords I have used. My serps are through the roof! its all by taking the time to learn about how search engines operate. What you practice will for sure kill you site. No hard feelings intented but its the truth. I am trying to save you from disaster. pet121

www.webpagepublicity.com/ search-engine-optimization-faq.html
    www.netmechanic.com/enginestarter/faq.htm

Even the programme IBP(internet business provider) and web position 3 which i have both recommend it.!!!!!!
    :D

www.webpagepublicity.com/ search-engine-optimization-faq.html
    www.netmechanic.com/enginestarter/faq.htm

Even the programme IBP(internet business provider) and web position 3 which i have both recommend it.!!!!!!
    :D
    Yes I to have all the fancy programs. IBP 8.1 Webceo 5.6 seo elite and many others. When you make changes to your site any changes, title content whatever you do not resubmitt you page. The bots come back and notice the changes and index you site accordingly. I do not rely on speculation which most forums offer. I rely on learnning right from the source. Google says do not submitt there is no need to. I suggest visiting the website optimization section of this forum. pet121

Do NOT submit your site to Google more than once....They consider
    that spamming and you might get banned.

Also IBP 8.1, Webceo ect... are a bunch of junk that do nothing but
    submit your website to a bunch of worthless search engines that will fill
    your mailbox full of spam...

(More Spam than you could ever imagine..Its incredible. You will find over
    10,000 diffrent ways to increase your penis size, re-finance your house
    and get $10,000,000 from the cousin of the ex-dictator of Nigeria.)

So go ahead...Submit your site to JoeBlowMonkeySearch.com , It
    definately will be a learning experience.

Selling junk software to beginners on the internet is a multi-million dollar
    business. Donít get fooled. There are NO short cuts.

Remember 95% of all web traffic comes from 10 search engines. So donít
    waste your time and money on junk.

The fastest way to get into Google?????? Add your websites link to your
    signature on this forum. This forum gets spidered weekly, and if your link
    is on it. It will also get spidered.

The more posts you have with links, The more spidering will happen. This
    goes for all forums, not just this one.

Trust meÖ..I know EXACTLY what Im talking about.
    Last edited by VodaHost; 11-26-2005 at 09:58 PM.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Hi all,

Great thread, I'm with the once only side. If you watch your stats you will see the bot coming so why re submit. Google are now taking a while to register new sites in any case, some of mine have taken in excess of 12 weeks just for the home page to show, Google seem to be going through a lot of changes at present to, I think they are getting ready for a big algorithym change but who knows for sure. One thing I have found very helpfull in submiting a new website is to upload an xml sitemap. Now I know Google say that they don't take this into consideration when indexing, but I think they do.

One things for sure if what nearly all the SEO forums are saying is true, they are getting a lot tighter on banning websites now and excluding them for any number of reasons.

Paul

yeah,you may be right after all.But,i remember someone telling that if your stats are falling after a while,you should resubmit.Anyway,cya later guys

Quote Originally Posted by VodaHost
    Do NOT submit your site to Google more than once....They consider
    that spamming and you might get banned.

Also IBP 8.1, Webceo ect... are a bunch of junk that do nothing but
    submit your website to a bunch of worthless search engines that will fill
    your mailbox full of spam...

(More Spam than you could ever imagine..Its incredible. You will find over
    10,000 diffrent ways to increase your penis size, re-finance your house
    and get $10,000,000 from the cousin of the ex-dictator of Nigeria.)

So go ahead...Submit your site to JoeBlowMonkeySearch.com , It
    definately will be a learning experience.

Selling junk software to beginners on the internet is a multi-million dollar
    business. Donít get fooled. There are NO short cuts.

Remember 95% of all web traffic comes from 10 search engines. So donít
    waste your time and money on junk.

The fastest way to get into Google?????? Add your websites link to your
    signature on this forum. This forum gets spidered weekly, and if your link
    is on it. It will also get spidered.

The more posts you have with links, The more spidering will happen. This
    goes for all forums, not just this one.

Trust meÖ..I know EXACTLY what Im talking about.

I agree with ***** in several respects. Seo programs are junk for submitting IBP web ceo ect.. this is true. But I do not use seo programs to submit I use them for several things, Checking back links, serp (search engine page rankings), link popularity, Optimizing my site such as, keyword density, page title revelancy, html validation ect... The programs I mentioned are very useful for optimizing your site.

***** is right on the money dropping a link on this forum helps for create a inbound link/ back links. By doing so you increase you link popularity, basically another site pointing to yours which is a good thing.I have dropped a link once on this forum because my site is not near complete. This forum is crawled by bots and your link will get picked up

So for the programs I mentioned were not purchased for submission but for other reasons. The one thing that is very useful is finding out what page, postion, rank ect... your webite is for the major search engines. I scan daily the program will tell me if I am moving up, down or if a page has been removed.

For submission I stand behind what I previously said. Leave google out and submit once to the other engines. And like ***** Said expect lots of spam from the smaller engines.

So I leave it up to you to decide if seo programs are junk? consider what I use them for. For example I ran a scan today web ceo told me I on msn page 1. postion 1. for the one of my keyswords. Google was showing little depression for some keywords I have use but my ranking is good. Page 2. for a keyword out of 9 million pages. Now is this useful?

So if you plan on submitting to search engines and are even a little unsure, let Blue Voda do it for you. But be sure you have a site that is optimzed. pet121

Quote Originally Posted by paulb
    Hi all,

Great thread, I'm with the once only side. If you watch your stats you will see the bot coming so why re submit. Google are now taking a while to register new sites in any case, some of mine have taken in excess of 12 weeks just for the home page to show, Google seem to be going through a lot of changes at present to, I think they are getting ready for a big algorithym change but who knows for sure. One thing I have found very helpfull in submiting a new website is to upload an xml sitemap. Now I know Google say that they don't take this into consideration when indexing, but I think they do.

One things for sure if what nearly all the SEO forums are saying is true, they are getting a lot tighter on banning websites now and excluding them for any number of reasons.

Paul
    XML sitemap in my opinion google does use, no question. I do not know the exact date but google stated about six months ago sandboxing websites before indexing them. The sandbox I like to think of a quaranteen. Google will hold you site from indexing up to six months. I was just lucky to miss this change in google. Now there is google jagger a new thing to read up on.

Quote Originally Posted by pet121
    XML sitemap in my opinion google does use, no question. I do not know the exact date but google stated about six months ago sandboxing websites before indexing them. The sandbox I like to think of a quaranteen. Google will hold you site from indexing up to six months. I was just lucky to miss this change in google. Now there is google jagger a new thing to read up on.
    Also have you noticed strange cache dates. Lots of people are reporting cache pages appearing from six to 12 months ago yet their websites are up to date etc, then there's the "supplemental results" a new side database to stop the main one clogging up perhaps, who knows.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paulb
    Also have you noticed strange cache dates. Lots of people are reporting cache pages appearing from six to 12 months ago yet their websites are up to date etc, then there's the "supplemental results" a new side database to stop the main one clogging up perhaps, who knows.

Paul
    Yes I have noticed the same thing happenning. Old pages being cache it almost everybody is behind. For me after making changes it normally takes a month for the se to cache the current page. I can't explain this one?

Really good information..thanks

http://www.beebrothers.org

Success is not a doorway. It is a staircase.

Bethers is offline Major General & Forum Moderator

The supplemental database can hurt you - as it usually means that Google sees that page as similar or duplicate content to other pages - and isn't using that page as an entry page as often. This will happen immediately if you have the same meta titles and descriptions on multiple pages.

You also will see your cached page from long ago if the se's have been back many times and never seen changes - on the supplemental pages - they will not read these pages as often - however, resubmitting isn't necessary - what is necessary is having good, relevant content on these page with links to these specific pages from other websites. Links shouldn't all be to your home page.

That said, if you do your websites correctly you NEVER need to submit to any se's - as they prefer to find you naturally. And you do NOT need to submit your site because you make changes - the se's will find them all on their own - and, as has been mentioned - can decide you are being a pest with the submissions. And if all you do is play with your title - they are going to come back less often.

Do not try to fool the se's - they will discover it - and it could be why you no longer are seeing yourself there.

BOJAN Guest

Hi great informations, thanks to all.
    Bojan

Re: will google find me?
    literally, no.

I did try to look up my name. What I got was articles related to me, but not exactly information pertaining directly to me.

Altavista used to index a site that i created, but not google. Now, both doesn't.

ronincenter - if you post your site in a thread about this - we might be able to see why not - and lots is important here - how long have you WILL find you if you do the work necessary.

Red face Re: will google find me?

hello people im new hear just signed up 2 2day will some body help me out in wot to do plz x x x

this is excellent advice. i will be adding my name to the list on Vodahits
    Thanks,

Richard

www.FIT2000USA.com

Shouldn't your sitemap indicate how often a SE returns????
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

You mean shouldn't your meta tags do that? Actually, you can put that in, but they won't return according to it - They'll return according to whether you are doing things that make them feel they SHOULD return - like new content, # of visitors you get, etc. You can tell them to return every week, and they might for a couple weeks but if they see no change, they'll change it to monthly or even longer. I don't bother with that meta.

I know it's a little outdated but i should say this information just tought me a LOT about search engines. Thank you all for this thread.

Doreen
    www.naturesrendezvous.com

Glad you got some help here!

good stuff thanks. looks like a lot of patienceis required.

Google still allows people to submit sites - they, and the other se's, simply don't find you faster because of it. But for a new site to submit once, it won't hurt - just don't repeat - and follow the other good se advice about getting links to your site, etc to help them.

Red face Re: will google find me?

I had major PC problems and had a technician here trying to resolve everything. While on it he commented that I had all my Mega Tags wrong in Blue Voda and that no spaces between words are allowe - like:
    Personal Assistance, Childrens Books, ...
    But does it make sense to write everything together?! I would never search for something like this:
    PersonalAssistance,Children'sBooks,Whateverelse
    I'd like to get it right, since my page really IS way back in google, but how do I do it?
    Thanks a lot (it's only been a year since I started LOL)!
    Claudia
    www.gruy.biz

Did the Tech resolve all of the problems?
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

You dont have to put spaces in the meta keyword tags, just a comma break. However you dont want 50 keywords either. Just 3 or 4 good keyword phrases will be more beneficial.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

wow
    really this has been a really helpful read
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VodaHost View Post
    VodaHits is not free, but we do offer a one time free submission to all VodaHost customers.
    Please open a support ticket to request this service.
    Thats new to me! Should add this info on the homepage as a extra perk.

a good teacher is also a good student...beee well

Success is not a doorway. It is a staircase.

Interesting information! A bit confusing because certain answers cater to different styles of SEO management and the respective timeliness of submissions, as well as the reasons for the "do this" and "do not do that". I am still trying to make sense of it all.

I am on BV11 and I verify my links and they all show up okay. I then webcrwl my site using the sitemap generator and the BV Sitemap Generator only picks up on the text links from my page. Apparently the page links in my dropdown menu are not being read.

I will make a repeat menu at the bottom of each page (menu bar) and see if the sitemap generator crawls all my main pages showing on my dropdown menu on the top of my page.

There are too many questions (IMHO) not clearly asked and difficult to find using a search query due to non-relative thread titles like "Help me!" and "I need to know something", not enough clear answers answers from the ones who offer help (almost like a need to know feed that give a portion of an answer but not the comprehensive anser), and no clear categories to collect all relevant questions and answers into respective groups. Additionally, many of the problems that well-read BV users ask are not being comprehensively addressed in tutorials (i.e. sitemaps, html code, FTP, HTML codes to use when building to make things better such as the 1.5 line-spacing code, the no-cache code, etc.) Why aren't these things all collected together but rather scattered throughout the thousands of posts and one must make an exact search word or phrase to get near that useful information, and then sift through hundreds of ignorant posts that are made because a person did not use the tutorials or read-me files. Instead they jump the gun and start threads to ask how to insert a background, or how to download a file into their hard drive. Yeesh!

And regarding the vague and ambiguous responses; I almost get the feeling that we are not to be too informed or else we become the competition of the very people helping us, and so we are spared from the clear answers and only given overly reserved answers. I understand this, and say this respectfully, but I also feel that it is necessary for me to be honest with my feelings that I have since I have been viewing and contributing from the start. I do not post much because I am a "do-it-yourself-er" and therefore feel that when I do choose to ask for help, that my questions perhaps carry a bit more consideration because of the due diligence I have given to all the available resources, and the degree of difficulty extracting those resources because of the reasons listed above.

Anyways, sorry, but I had to get that out! I have been at this for 8 months and frequently get a knot in my gut when I read the over frequent posts that clutter up this forum, and could be avoided if the user simply did some READING/Vid Watching and then experiment a bit instead of posting the most simplest of Q&A queries and clearly demonstrating to the world that they did not do their homework and are asking "where is the chair?" that thay are sitting on.

I understand the factors that prevent the admins and volunteers from getting to every post, yet I feel that a comprehensive library could be used to refer the OP the more general problems and this would clear up more time for focus on the more tedious and intricate processes of getting the best out of BV.

With kindest regards,
    John

John,

Sometimes vague answers are because the details take hours to explain, other times .. we are busy, and try to get the needed info out and go... Sometimes theres just no way to put it in terms that a newbie understands so they must do the background work first.

Organizing a library would also take hundreds of hours nobody here has. But its a good idea.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Hello Karen, and thank you for your thoughtful reply.

Yes, I concur that to explain step-by-step would take too long, and covering all of the variable angles to any one solution (let alone multiple solutions) would be near impossible.

Yet to not come across as hijacking this thread, I did in fact use a menu bar and list all of my main pages in it and then added it to all of my pages at the bottom.

Then, when I again used the BV sitemap crawler, I was content to see all of my pages pop up (that I had placed that menu bar on). SO, I then made my sitemap and saved the text in notepad as UTF8 and FTP'd it into my public_html folder.

I then signed up with Google Webmaster Tools and added (submitted?) my site + /sitemap.xml and and now stand at ready to see my site in three weeks to 6 months, or whenever the Google bots come a-callin.

I also signed on to Google Adsense and put a robot text into same FTP folder as well as delete from Google some old pages that are showing up but as 404 errors (I had changed my page naming system and these seemed to have been crawled and were showing up as ghost pages). Google says it is okay to delete these ghost pages only if they are showing as 404's. We'll see.

Anyways, this is a first for me and getting to this point is something I never thought I would be doing, so it is definitely an achievement.

I will submit my website after this post for the masses to review and critique. I certainly hope that my methods are per Google specifications.

Thank you Karen for your time and I sincerely do value your input as well as all the others who are too many to list, yet thought of kindly.

John

Great read thanks!!!!

Default Re: will google find me? Well it has not found me.

I have purchased Voda Hits, I have even used the analysis tool to evaluate my searchabililty. But as of yet, even if you type in my website name

thereverendlisa.com

nothing, although google pulls up every craigslist ad that I have. And to date that is the only way people are finding me.

I have tried to clean up my meta tags, but .... Suggestions are welcom.

Reverend Lisa

If I may be so bold as to submit here with my limited qualification, reverendlisa, I suspect you and I are in the same situation; we have submitted and now we await the Google bots. The word that I am getting - from my perspective - is that Google does what Google wants to and only when Google gets around to doing it. This means even if one does everything "by the book" and submits to Google. What this all boils down to is simply waiting...

And wait, and wait until the bots come a-calling and then you will get ranked and listed by Google and all their subsidiaries (i.e. yahoo, etc.) who all use Google as their source.

Just a reminder; I trust you have submitted a site map (www.yourwebsite.com/sitemap.xml) and FTP'd that notepad doc into your public_folder domain(?) as well as a robot.txt.

This all has me in a twist as I made some errors and still have some items that need fixing before my bots knock on my website door and enter. Vasilli and the others were real helpful in pointing out some major mistakes.

Try these links to go through a checklist for compatability before you get Googled:
    http://google.about.com/od/searcheng...mproverank.htm
    http://www.google.com/support/webmas...y?answer=35769

As I understand things, One need only submit primary pages of importance and have the robot.txt doc instruct Google to only crawl those pages of importance. This seems necessary since those pages will link directly to the less important pages that are not necessary for a search engine. I also seem to be getting lead to believe that it is vitally important to name even your images that you import as being relative to the page they are on, as well as being relative to the adjacent, body text. So, naming your imported images (bob's_cat.jpg instead of 10258.jpg) and right below that providing the proper alternate text as "bobs cat playing with a ball of yarn" and understanding that you DO NOT put keywords or lengthy blah blah text that will confuse the bots.

At the end of the day, using the BV builder is not as simple as clicking and adding items. There is no such thing as an instant website if you expect to pass the Google test and be SEO'd to the front page. Each and every item that you add must have an inter connective relevance to the items surrounding it on the page. Everything must have the correct property and HTML info to give it a solid purpose for being on the page and in that page location.

Incidentally, this skews the claim that WYSIWYG is all that! What you see is only what YOU see, but it all changes when you publish!

I suspect that WYSIWYG is misleading and does not alert the web site designer to the fact that Google Cannot See What You See If You Do Not Submit Per Google Rules (GCSWYSIYDNSPGR).

I did not know this matter-of-factly and only suspected it; my bad! Now I know. Yes, that means that the days of quickly adding a photo or image and clicking the publish button are gone, and we now must select, add, name, provide alternate text, and have in the text something about the image name or alternate text phrase or clause. Think of your web page (Both visible and invisible - meta, html, etc.) as a beautifully woven spider web; built per Google plan and specifications.

Anyways, thanks for letting me digress. This is all I know and if I am in err, I will stand down as I am corrected by the more well-versed and well-qualified experts about this forum.

Good luck, my friend.

John

Thank you John, you have in fact described some of the things I have not done. I guess I will have to do some reworking again. Thank you for taking the time to reply. Rev. Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by John K. View Post
    If I may be so bold as to submit here with my limited qualification, reverendlisa, I suspect you and I are in the same situation; we have submitted and now we await the Google bots. The word that I am getting - from my perspective - is that Google does what Google wants to and only when Google gets around to doing it. This means even if one does everything "by the book" and submits to Google. What this all boils down to is simply waiting...

And wait, and wait until the bots come a-calling and then you will get ranked and listed by Google and all their subsidiaries (i.e. yahoo, etc.) who all use Google as their source.

Just a reminder; I trust you have submitted a site map (www.yourwebsite.com/sitemap.xml) and FTP'd that notepad doc into your public_folder domain(?) as well as a robot.txt.

This all has me in a twist as I made some errors and still have some items that need fixing before my bots knock on my website door and enter. Vasilli and the others were real helpful in pointing out some major mistakes.

Try these links to go through a checklist for compatability before you get Googled:
    http://google.about.com/od/searcheng...mproverank.htm
    http://www.google.com/support/webmas...y?answer=35769

As I understand things, One need only submit primary pages of importance and have the robot.txt doc instruct Google to only crawl those pages of importance. This seems necessary since those pages will link directly to the less important pages that are not necessary for a search engine. I also seem to be getting lead to believe that it is vitally important to name even your images that you import as being relative to the page they are on, as well as being relative to the adjacent, body text. So, naming your imported images (bob's_cat.jpg instead of 10258.jpg) and right below that providing the proper alternate text as "bobs cat playing with a ball of yarn" and understanding that you DO NOT put keywords or lengthy blah blah text that will confuse the bots.

At the end of the day, using the BV builder is not as simple as clicking and adding items. There is no such thing as an instant website if you expect to pass the Google test and be SEO'd to the front page. Each and every item that you add must have an inter connective relevance to the items surrounding it on the page. Everything must have the correct property and HTML info to give it a solid purpose for being on the page and in that page location.

Incidentally, this skews the claim that WYSIWYG is all that! What you see is only what YOU see, but it all changes when you publish!

I suspect that WYSIWYG is misleading and does not alert the web site designer to the fact that Google Cannot See What You See If You Do Not Submit Per Google Rules (GCSWYSIYDNSPGR).

I did not know this matter-of-factly and only suspected it; my bad! Now I know. Yes, that means that the days of quickly adding a photo or image and clicking the publish button are gone, and we now must select, add, name, provide alternate text, and have in the text something about the image name or alternate text phrase or clause. Think of your web page (Both visible and invisible - meta, html, etc.) as a beautifully woven spider web; built per Google plan and specifications.

Anyways, thanks for letting me digress. This is all I know and if I am in err, I will stand down as I am corrected by the more well-versed and well-qualified experts about this forum.

Good luck, my friend.

John
    Actually, John, it seems you have digsted the logic quite well indeed, and are able to use your own terminology and conversational manner in which to convey quite effectively the imperatives and compelling reasons to comply with the standards regarding Construct and Relevance, and how truly important they are when creating values to sort the worthy from the unworthy websites on the WWW ..... well done! Seems my lengthy and verbose posts might actually be of value from time to time ... [REF: POST] ...

I must point out, however, that the WYSIWYG refers to the manner in which objects and elements behave in the "workspace" of Blue Voda, in a Windows-oriented view, as opposed to what might be seen in Dreamweaver (a HTML environment), where although you see 'objects' they are not the exact size or exact placement as will be published as it is in Blue Voda: the code is what actually creates the published version, even though it is pulling from pre-defined resources (i.e. images with sizes preset). Blue Voda shows the most exact version to the published version possible, hence "WYSIWYG."
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

I second that! Thank you so much, Vasilli, for the clarification. Believe it or not, I am getting this down, although I am more of an applied learner than an academic one (i.e. use it or lose it). Thank you!
    John

Thread Information