Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: New Website For Review And Comments
      
   

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Port Elizabeth, South Africa
    Posts
    653

    Default New Website For Review And Comments

    I am busy with a new website for a backpackers situated in a forest... www.dijembebackpackers.com and would appreciate your comments.

    Cheers,

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,341

    Default Re: New Website For Review And Comments

    absolutely love it ... at first glance ... lol ... love the way it 'jumps off' the screen ...the style .... feel and attention to detail ...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kings Lynn Norfolk UK
    Posts
    8,702

    Default Re: New Website For Review And Comments

    Hi, I can only say that I would recommend your designs. Another great look.
    Got a slight touch of the Jurassic park feel about it, but still great. On the none artistic side of things. There is a large lump of text that looks odd in fire fox…….
    Dijembe Backpackers Lodge is your gateway to Storms River and the Garden Route.

    Not sure if it was wanted? But some of the background image’s have a home page link.


    Good luck.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Port Elizabeth, South Africa
    Posts
    653

    Default Re: New Website For Review And Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Collectors-info View Post
    Hi, I can only say that I would recommend your designs. Another great look.
    Got a slight touch of the Jurassic park feel about it, but still great. On the none artistic side of things. There is a large lump of text that looks odd in fire fox…….
    Dijembe Backpackers Lodge is your gateway to Storms River and the Garden Route.

    Not sure if it was wanted? But some of the background image’s have a home page link.


    Good luck.
    Hi Chris,

    Thanks for the firefox heads up, as you noticed on capebackpackers I hadn't loaded firefox onto new pc, well I'm busy with it right now...LOL

    I was playing with the logo as a home page link on purpose, did you find it confusing in any way??

    Cheers,

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Mossel Bay South Africa
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: New Website For Review And Comments

    Hey Bru ,

    Lekker site, you sold me, and I think since you are just up the road my wife and I will book and spend a couple days.
    Randy

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Coral Springs, Florida
    Posts
    2,792

    Default Re: New Website For Review And Comments

    Your work is wonderful as always, just a great job.
    Sharon Chajin

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    79

    Default Re: New Website For Review And Comments

    Each site you create gets more exciting! Fantastic! How did you create the tacked on pages on the tree? The weathered look and the curle on top right. Can't wait for your next site.

    http://www.tysoneducationalsystems.com/

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,733

    Default Re: New Website For Review And Comments

    Hi Andrew. Baie mooi my maat. I expected nothing less than perfect for your new site. Great work as always. Relative of yours there on the accommodation page?lol
    Bless you
    Tom


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    near San Francisco, California
    Posts
    5,813

    Default Re: New Website For Review And Comments

    Nicely done, Andrew - what a beautiful site. As always, love your graphics..
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

    Ring the bells that still can ring

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Port Elizabeth, South Africa
    Posts
    653

    Default Re: New Website For Review And Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by rmonk View Post
    Hey Bru ,

    Lekker site, you sold me, and I think since you are just up the road my wife and I will book and spend a couple days.
    Randy Monk (is that right??? LOL)

    Thanks for the comments, the first beer's on me and a BIG welcome to VH you're going to love it. Had a look at your site, you've got a magic place.

    and to my other SA mate TOM,

    Thanks and go the Bokke!!!!!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,502

    Default Re: New Website For Review And Comments

    Love it!
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

    www.cornwall4rent.com

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Port Elizabeth, South Africa
    Posts
    653

    Default Re: New Website For Review And Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Love it!
    Hi Jeremy,
    Glad you enjoyed it, how's your new look coming along?

    Cheers,

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,502

    Default Re: New Website For Review And Comments

    Great, thanks .. still got some content to put and some things to adjust.
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

    www.cornwall4rent.com

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    50

    Default Re: New Website For Review And Comments

    I've only just launched my first ever site so am nervy about giving an opinion but here goes:

    Your site is absolutely brilliant! I can only get dial-up where I am but it loaded perfectly acceptably - you must have optimised images etc to perfection.

    I particularly like the way you have designed the pages in a homogeneous fashion so that they don't have that tabular / columnar look and yet everything for navigation and information is exactly where users expect to find them.

    I now know what I must aim for! One thing though I get a blank bar 3in long x 1/2in high just under your logo at top left - maybe dial-up problem?

    John
    www.clanfootball.com "connecting fans around the world"

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Port Elizabeth, South Africa
    Posts
    653

    Default Re: New Website For Review And Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by dons1 View Post
    I've only just launched my first ever site so am nervy about giving an opinion but here goes:

    Your site is absolutely brilliant! I can only get dial-up where I am but it loaded perfectly acceptably - you must have optimised images etc to perfection.

    I particularly like the way you have designed the pages in a homogeneous fashion so that they don't have that tabular / columnar look and yet everything for navigation and information is exactly where users expect to find them.

    I now know what I must aim for! One thing though I get a blank bar 3in long x 1/2in high just under your logo at top left - maybe dial-up problem?

    John
    www.clanfootball.com "connecting fans around the world"
    Hi John,

    Thanks for the feedback, I enjoy putting high graphic sites together so i have to optimise them as much as posible without compromising the visual quality.

    I'm out of town and on the laptop and cellphone (not much faster than dial-up) and I don't see the blank bar, please let me know what page is on (or push ctrl F5 and let me know if it remains)

    Cheers,

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    50

    Default Re: New Website For Review And Comments

    Andrew,

    I ran it again and it loaded without the bar - so must have been my dial-up.

    John
    www.clanfootball.com "connecting fans around the world"

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Port Elizabeth, South Africa
    Posts
    653

    Default Re: New Website For Review And Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by dons1 View Post
    Andrew,

    I ran it again and it loaded without the bar - so must have been my dial-up.

    John
    www.clanfootball.com "connecting fans around the world"
    Just what I was hoping to hear...Shooo LOL

    Cheers,

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    3,026

    Default Re: New Website For Review And Comments

    I LIKE IT! I LIKE IT! i LIKE IT.

    Beautifully done.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

    HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Port Elizabeth, South Africa
    Posts
    653

    Default Re: New Website For Review And Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by zuriatman View Post
    I LIKE IT! I LIKE IT! i LIKE IT.

    Beautifully done.
    Thanks! Thanks! Thanks LOL

    Cheers,

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1

    Talking Re: New Website For Review And Comments

    Wow! I do love it! I can't wait to do stuff like yours :)

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Port Elizabeth, South Africa
    Posts
    653

    Default Re: New Website For Review And Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by LadySerena View Post
    Wow! I do love it! I can't wait to do stuff like yours :)
    Hi LadySerena,
    With bluevada and the on going help of this VH forum anything is possible... I put my very first site together in March 2007 and the addiction has me looking forward to the building of new sites.

    Cheers,

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •