Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Vista and BV WebPage builder
      
   

  1. #1

    Lightbulb Vista and BV WebPage builder

    First let me apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but I just got a new laptop that has Vista OS and want to transfer my BVbuilder to it. I didn't notice where I could choose a platform and only saw WinXP. Any suggestions?

    Thanks in advance.
    Where's Your Life Going? You might find some help here: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners3.html
    Who is Pristinelife? http://ourjourneytolife.com/aboutme.html



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Warwickshire, UK
    Posts
    4,539

    Default Re: Vista and BV WebPage builder

    Don't transfer it, just go online on your laptop and download it again. Then if you want you can transfer your files over. However, be warned that you can only sensibly make a site on one pc at a time, don't keep transferring it back and forth from laptop to pc or you will get problems.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,502

    Default Re: Vista and BV WebPage builder

    Hello,

    If you have Vista you should be able to create a PUBLIC DRIVE which allows your laptop to get the files from your Vista computer.

    If you have it setup that way your main files would be set up on the Vista computer and when you go on XP you can just open the drive and get them, the good thing is that they would be in the same location so when you publish or look at your editable page there will be no errors on the images or files.

    You can also just log in your FTP and transfer them to your Vista computer. But first re-download the program.
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

    www.cornwall4rent.com

  4. #4

    Question Re: Vista and BV WebPage builder

    Quote Originally Posted by Marincky View Post
    Don't transfer it, just go online on your laptop and download it again. .
    I didn't notice a Vista version. Will the XP version work on the Vista laptop?
    Where's Your Life Going? You might find some help here: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners3.html
    Who is Pristinelife? http://ourjourneytolife.com/aboutme.html



  5. #5

    Default Re: Vista and BV WebPage builder

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Hello,

    If you have Vista you should be able to create a PUBLIC DRIVE which allows your laptop to get the files from your Vista computer.

    If you have it setup that way your main files would be set up on the Vista computer and when you go on XP you can just open the drive and get them, the good thing is that they would be in the same location so when you publish or look at your editable page there will be no errors on the images or files.

    You can also just log in your FTP and transfer them to your Vista computer. But first re-download the program.
    Gosh, I've got so much to learn, I've never had a laptop, consequently I'm not familiar with wireless features. It took me 5 days to get online because I thought the wireless router I had would work but I ended up having to buy another. Then there's Vista, its so different from XP and so is the software that came with the Acer laptop. Its exciting learning new things at my age (soon2B60 yrs old) LOL. Thanks Jeremy for all your help, where can I find BV's Vista verson to download to laptop?
    Where's Your Life Going? You might find some help here: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners3.html
    Who is Pristinelife? http://ourjourneytolife.com/aboutme.html



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,502

    Default Re: Vista and BV WebPage builder

    Yes. All XP programs should work on Vista unless noted otherwise.

    VodaHost should make users more aware.
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

    www.cornwall4rent.com

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,502

    Default Re: Vista and BV WebPage builder

    Quote Originally Posted by pristinelife View Post
    Gosh, I've got so much to learn, I've never had a laptop, consequently I'm not familiar with wireless features. It took me 5 days to get online because I thought the wireless router I had would work but I ended up having to buy another. Then there's Vista, its so different from XP and so is the software that came with the Acer laptop. Its exciting learning new things at my age (soon2B60 yrs old) LOL. Thanks Jeremy for all your help, where can I find BV's Vista verson to download to laptop?
    To be 60 and this advanced in technology, I salute you! [IMG]file:///C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

    www.cornwall4rent.com

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sedona. Arizona
    Posts
    2,177

    Cool Re: Vista and BV WebPage builder

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    To be 60 and this advanced in technology, I salute you!
    Hey, hey, hey, Jeremy! 60's the new 40, lol. Anyways, an older dog can learn new tricks.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,116

    Default Re: Vista and BV WebPage builder

    Technically programs that will run on XP should run on Vista, but some programs that should won't run on all computers running Vista. Some people don't have any problems running their old programs, other do.

    But Vista is designed to be backwards compatible with software that predates it.

    Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    12,080

    Default Re: Vista and BV WebPage builder

    I can confirm that there is software that runs on XP and cannot run on Vista. Rhino is a good example of this category as it will create problems (though it does run). Hardlock protected software may also have problems unless you get a updated driver for the lock.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •