Thread: % or px choice in publishing

Default % or px choice in publishing

Just wondered weather it would be possible to have the option to publish bv pages in % or px. i know it is possible to to add items using the frames tool that will publish in %, but to have the option in the page properties like the php or html option would help with those concerned about different screen resolution.

Default Re: % or px choice in publishing

Edit to the above should have been Tables not frames. sorry

Bethers is offline Major General & Forum Moderator

This has been discussed previously and cannot be done in BV.

the word cannot is such a over rated word, and you can do it in bv just more work. just thought it would be better if there was i check box in the page properties to make it quicker.

The way BV is designed is to be a set size - to do what you want would mean completely redesigning the program - as it would no longer be based on the same thing.

Sure it could be done, but it would be a new program. BV is not designed to do that.

Unfortunately BV places everything in divs. So, the elements will have as max the div width.

This is what makes BV wysiwyg . You can NOT have wysiwyg caracteristics and, in the same time, % width definition.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Thanks for the proper terminology Naval. :)

Oh well thats tells me then. hay who knows one day, after all they said man could not fly or go to the moon, got to admit would be nice , i suppose that having a drawing tool so i can free hand and scribble, or be able to publish in htm or asp, is a big no no then

Hi Aliens,

no, that is not a no no no. Simply, as i said, you can't have both caracteristics. If you want the wysiwyg feature, you can't set the width in % (otherwise it will not be wysiwyg anymore, the result will be different for each visitor, depending on his monitor width resolution and the side bars eventually open) .

In fact, Soholaunch, that has tables in %, is not wysiwyg. It automatically resizes everything from a minimum (defined by the header width) to a maximum (screen width = 100%)
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Which is also why I said that it would be a different program if it did it - as BV couldn't be the program it is and have that capability also.

Thread Information