Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Sitemap Problem
      
   

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    148

    Default Sitemap Problem

    the free sitemap isn't processing any of my pages what have i done wrong?

    all my links work perfectly and I a have alot of pages that are not found - is there a manual way thats easy to do to make sure all my pages are listed/found by engines

    i'd appreciate any help as i don't want the past 6 months go to waste by not being found

    cheers in advance
    deano

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Wilmington, Delaware USA
    Posts
    12,277

    Default Re: Sitemap Problem

    Your links are semi perfect.

    1) mouse over your links
    2) look at your link in the bottom left hand corner of your screen.
    3) there are symbols like #

    Do you see what I mean?

    VodaHost

    Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

    ------------------------

    Top 3 Best Sellers

    Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

    Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

    Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    148

    Default Re: Sitemap Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by VodaHost
    Your links are semi perfect.

    1) mouse over your links
    2) look at your link in the bottom left hand corner of your screen.
    3) there are symbols like #

    Do you see what I mean?
    yes i've noticed that before what is causing that and how can i rectify it

    ( i've used the menu bar function which i presumed is what it is design for?)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Wilmington, Delaware USA
    Posts
    12,277

    Default Re: Sitemap Problem

    I assume you caused it ;) The fastest way to fix it is to delete the
    link and do it over again.

    Also make sure that you are using the latest version of BlueVoda.

    http://support.vodahost.com/index.ph...wnloaditemid=1

    VodaHost

    Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

    ------------------------

    Top 3 Best Sellers

    Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

    Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

    Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    148

    Default Re: Sitemap Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by VodaHost
    I assume you caused it ;) The fastest way to fix it is to delete the
    link and do it over again.

    Also make sure that you are using the latest version of BlueVoda.

    http://support.vodahost.com/index.ph...wnloaditemid=1
    I may have caused it but i don't know how i'm not that clever!
    the links with# at the end were from the rotating banner images, i've put in a text link to the next main page and the sitemap generator has processed 3 pages but hasn't detected any pages of the navigation menu
    which has many pages is this normal or should they be detected

    does there need to be any other settings with the link

    link type is http
    url is page link i.e. http://www.electricalwholesaler.org.uk/compact.html
    target is empty

    thankyou for your input so far

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    148

    Default Re: Sitemap Problem

    the site map generator is not picking up any pages in any navigation menus on any pages

    why is this?

    if i put a text link it picks these pages no problem

    is it because i've copied and pasted the navigation from page to page?

    I also had to reduce the number of sub pages on the navigation menu before it would publish which makes me think there might be some other problem with my program - is there a limit to how many sub sections you can have?

    you help would be appreciated as there is something not right and i've done nothing wrong as far as i can see

    my version is 7.6 is this the latest version? i used the link you provided and downloaded which should automatically update is that right?

    cheers
    deano

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    148

    Default Re: Sitemap Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by dean023
    the site map generator is not picking up any pages in any navigation menus on any pages

    why is this?

    if i put a text link it picks these pages no problem

    is it because i've copied and pasted the navigation from page to page?

    I also had to reduce the number of sub pages on the navigation menu before it would publish which makes me think there might be some other problem with my program - is there a limit to how many sub sections you can have?

    you help would be appreciated as there is something not right and i've done nothing wrong as far as i can see

    my version is 7.6 is this the latest version? i used the link you provided and downloaded which should automatically update is that right?

    cheers
    deano
    it doesn't pick up from go menu's either - really need to sort this problem
    your assistance would be highly appreciated.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Wilmington, Delaware USA
    Posts
    12,277

    Default Re: Sitemap Problem

    Ok...the one of the problems is your shopping cart. It is generating
    ASP pages..

    http://www.romancart.com/cart.asp?storeid=16795&itemname=GET_GA155GK&price=2.25&qua ntity=1

    These are active server pages. This means that they are generated on the
    fly...you can not sitemap asp pages because they do not exist until they
    are created by the user.

    ASP pages could ce causing ROR to fail..but I am not sure, What I do now is
    that search engines do not index asp pages.

    VodaHost

    Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

    ------------------------

    Top 3 Best Sellers

    Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

    Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

    Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    148

    Default Re: Sitemap Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by VodaHost
    Ok...the one of the problems is your shopping cart. It is generating
    ASP pages..

    http://www.romancart.com/cart.asp?storeid=16795&itemname=GET_GA155GK&price=2.25&qua ntity=1

    These are active server pages. This means that they are generated on the
    fly...you can not sitemap asp pages because they do not exist until they
    are created by the user.

    ASP pages could ce causing ROR to fail..but I am not sure, What I do now is
    that search engines do not index asp pages.

    ok thanks for that ... so is there a manual way of creating a site map and list all my pages as oppose to the automatic way using the generator?

    many thanks

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    148

    Default Re: Sitemap Problem

    I for got to mention also that the shopping cart links don't appear until after the index page/pages that contain the navigation menu.
    and therefore should be detected

    could you answer the previous question about the limit of links within the navigation menu as i think this has something to do with it. ( I had to reduce the amount of links to enable the navigation menu to publish - all the page published except the navigation menu) and this is what is not being detected

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Wilmington, Delaware USA
    Posts
    12,277

    Default Re: Sitemap Problem

    yes, you can manually create a page called sitemap.html and add
    a hyperlinks to all your pages. Also add a brief description of every
    page.

    VodaHost

    Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

    ------------------------

    Top 3 Best Sellers

    Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

    Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

    Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    148

    Default Re: Sitemap Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by VodaHost
    yes, you can manually create a page called sitemap.html and add
    a hyperlinks to all your pages. Also add a brief description of every
    page.
    is there anything i need to do with the description so its pcked up or just type it below each link?

    thanks for your help....you still haven't answered about the limit of links in the navigation menu posted earlier

    Deano

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Wilmington, Delaware USA
    Posts
    12,277

    Default Re: Sitemap Problem

    1) No.
    2) No limit.

    VodaHost

    Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

    ------------------------

    Top 3 Best Sellers

    Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

    Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

    Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    148

    Default Re: Sitemap Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by VodaHost
    1) No.
    2) No limit.
    2) it that case there is a problem. I had to reduce the amount of links before it would publish - everything appeared on the page except the navigation menu, when i reduced it published fine.

    I think this is also the problem why the sitemap is not picking up any links as none of these are asp pages, and the # appearing on the image banners

    something sounds as though its not quite right. what do you think?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Wilmington, Delaware USA
    Posts
    12,277

    Default Re: Sitemap Problem

    I think it is a combination of # and asp pages.

    VodaHost

    Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

    ------------------------

    Top 3 Best Sellers

    Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

    Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

    Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)



  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    148

    Default Re: Sitemap Problem

    i'll just do a sitemap page. thanks for your help

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Wilmington, Delaware USA
    Posts
    12,277

    Default Re: Sitemap Problem

    my pleasure.

    VodaHost

    Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

    ------------------------

    Top 3 Best Sellers

    Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

    Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

    Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •