Thread: Meta Tags - Too many or not enough?

Red face Meta Tags - Too many or not enough?

A while back we asked people for comments on our new website. We have changed things a bit since then and would like to know if our Meta Tags are relevant to our website and if we should put more in. We had Pet121 advise us at the time we had too many meta tags so we took a lot of them out. How is someone able to view our meta tags? Our website is www.highlanderinv.com

Default Re: Meta Tags - Too many or not enough?

I'm not sure how many is too many but you do have loads and loads. I had loads and loads but after reading, somewhere in the forum, that this can work against you I took loads out. I now have 17. I'm hoping that's not too many! I counted over 37 in yours. I also noticed that some of yours had spaces after the comma and others didn't - I'm unsure whether this will make a difference.

You can see them by right-clicking on a page background and choose view page source. It's all html but you can make out which are your metatags - yours make your page really wide. LoL.

Ps. (Have just checked a couple of popular sites and they range between 20 to 40 metatag keywords, if that helps)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Default Re: Meta Tags - Too many or not enough?

Here are the results of your web page:

Meta tags analysis.
    Title: Title relevancy to page content is terrible.
    The Title relevancy to page content is 0%.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description: Description meta tag contains no errors.
    This tag contains 119 characters.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Description relevancy to page content is good.
    The Description relevancy to page content is 73%.

Keywords: This tag contains too many keywords.
    This tag contains 35 keywords. This is too many for what we would consider a 'robot friendly' web page. The maximum number of keywords we recommend for this tag is 20.
    The keywords tag contain stop words.
    The keyword(s) 'your' are stop words and ignored by the most search engines.
    Keyword relevancy to page content is fair.
    The keywords relevancy to page content is 66%.

The results are generated by a computer and are not my comments.

Thread Information