Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Faied to publish
      
   

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    71

    Default Faied to publish

    I tried to publish (which I have done before) but now get an error message indicating that the password is not correct. I haven't changed it.
    Also, the publish request is asking for a Server IP. It gives a list but none of them work. Any suggestions?
    I'm using version 9.1.0

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mallorca, Spain
    Posts
    6,294

    Default Re: Faied to publish

    check your welcome email from vodahost, that should have the correct server number to use.....you need

    server number
    username
    password

    and ALL 3 must be correct to publish a page.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    71

    Default Re: Faied to publish

    Quote Originally Posted by davidundalicia View Post
    check your welcome email from vodahost, that should have the correct server number to use.....you need

    server number
    username
    password

    and ALL 3 must be correct to publish a page.
    Thanks for this tip. But, I have long since lost that Email.
    Further, the Server IP comes as a list and I don't know which one is correct.
    Not only that, but it does not allow me to enter one that is not on the list.
    Quite unfriendly.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,577

    Default Re: Faied to publish

    If you have lost your log in info submit a support ticket and explain that to them and they can send you the info again.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mallorca, Spain
    Posts
    6,294

    Default Re: Faied to publish

    download bluevoda again and the server list will be updated for you.

    and dont forget that support ticket.....they can be quite helpful you know.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    71

    Question Re: Faied to publish

    Quote Originally Posted by davidundalicia View Post
    download bluevoda again and the server list will be updated for you.

    and dont forget that support ticket.....they can be quite helpful you know.
    Thanks for your info and advice, but maybe my question got lossed in translation.
    First, making me download the SW to get an updated list is quite unfriendly.
    Second, so I get an updated list. Which one should I use?
    Third: I did download the SW (10.1) on my Windows 98 system. Now, I'm totally dead in the water as it doesn't work at all.
    Yes, a support ticket is probably the way to go, but give me a break!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mallorca, Spain
    Posts
    6,294

    Default Re: Faied to publish

    Quote Originally Posted by parris View Post
    Thanks for this tip. But, I have long since lost that Email.
    Further, the Server IP comes as a list and I don't know which one is correct.
    Not only that, but it does not allow me to enter one that is not on the list.
    Quite unfriendly.


    Thanks for your info and advice, but maybe my question got lossed in translation.
    First, making me download the SW to get an updated list is quite unfriendly.
    Second, so I get an updated list. Which one should I use?
    Third: I did download the SW (10.1) on my Windows 98 system. Now, I'm totally dead in the water as it doesn't work at all.
    Yes, a support ticket is probably the way to go, but give me a break!
    Your questions did not get lost..........I answered them one step at a time.

    If you could not remember your IP number then I suggested that you ask for another copy..............

    That would have then answered what IP No u should use.

    If it was not on your current list, then you needed to download the latest copy and vodahost hase already answered your question re 98......

    Whats with this "give me a break".........we are only trying to help you to help yourself.

    have fun

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    71

    Default Re: Faied to publish

    The " Whats with this "give me a break".........we are only trying to help you to help yourself."

    was not meant for you personally. Sorry if that was not clear. The point is that I'm sort of dead in the water with respect to changing my web page. It is very frustrating trying to get things resolved.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,577

    Default Re: Faied to publish

    The plain and simple answer is you are using an outdated operating system (I know you are tired of hearing that). Like all things now days there is always some new an improved version. Microsoft has had several different operating systems since 98 came out. Too keep up with the changes (and to work with the new systems) BV had to change as well. So the new versions may not be compatible with an old OS (which seems is your problem). You could upgrade to XP if you know someone that has a copy and your problems should be solved. For the record Microsoft has come out with a new OS again "Vista" so soon all of us on XP will be in the same boat as you. Just a fact of life, change happens and you have to keep up or be left out.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mallorca, Spain
    Posts
    6,294

    Default Re: Faied to publish

    Quote Originally Posted by parris View Post
    The " Whats with this "give me a break".........we are only trying to help you to help yourself."

    was not meant for you personally. Sorry if that was not clear. The point is that I'm sort of dead in the water with respect to changing my web page. It is very frustrating trying to get things resolved.
    Frustration I can understand........so lets try to get you up and running again with what you have.

    If you have now got a copy of your welcome email from vodahost, you will now know your server number etc..............

    If V10 is not working for you and V9 was OK then email me and I can send you a copy of V9.

    Thats the best I can do.

    See the contact page on my website for my email address.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    71

    Default Re: Faied to publish

    Quote Originally Posted by davidundalicia View Post
    Frustration I can understand........so lets try to get you up and running again with what you have.

    If you have now got a copy of your welcome email from vodahost, you will now know your server number etc..............

    If V10 is not working for you and V9 was OK then email me and I can send you a copy of V9.

    Thats the best I can do.

    See the contact page on my website for my email address.
    Thanks for your help. Well, guess I sort of got an answer to my questions. BV no longer supports Windows 98. It sure would have saved me some time if they would have mentioned that. The friendly way would be to make the announcement in an Email.
    So, I will move to a Windows XP machine. As you know, moving to a new machine isn't so easy. In addition, I have moved on to the Mac and Linux.
    Thanks again for your help.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mallorca, Spain
    Posts
    6,294

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •