Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Whats Your Rank Comments - Good fun

Talking Re: What's your rank?

I just wanted to say HI and introduce myself to everyone. I'm an artist and finally have a website up and running where I can show my artwork, that is sooooo exciting. I think it's great that we can move up in rank.

Bye
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    imartistic

www.artbydonelle.com

Default Re: What's your rank?

imartistic and kapital-

Welcome to the board. Both of you have done a fine job on your sites. We all started out at the bottom of the ranks at one time. The excitement of learning and helping others will keep you busy, fulfilled and climbing in rank.

Take care and see ya around the board.

Cheers-
    Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Wink Re: What's your rank?

The way I am going will be General in no time but that only proves I am slower at this game than most and posting more questions .

Hi all.

Just joined, looks good

Jim

Hi all,

Just an intro, I think it is great to have a ranking system.

Randy

Hey Kapital

Amazing how time flies when you are sitting at the desk and learning something new. I also spent several days getting it goin but love it.

General

would you be so kind as to take a look at mysite as well. It is a first effort and I would appreciate your views. I did post in the proper forum as well.

This is a good and fun ranking system. However, I would like to point out that in the US military there are 3 privates. Private E-1 (no stripe, also known as a Chevron, I think), Private E-2 (1 stripe) and then Private First class (PFC). I'm not trying to be difficult but thought I'd share. :o)

www.thewindowphoto.com
    When in doubt, Whip it out

Cool Re: What's your rank?

Hello everyone, Im just introducing myself since I am a new member, I have been looking at the forums and have found alot of intresting conversations.

Thumbs up Re: What's your rank?

Ptog:

Just to inform you of a couple of things.

Yes there are 3 types of Privates in the military version of the ranking process.

The first Private is without a stripe as you said, but that is not called a Chevron.... The Chevron begins when you receive your Pvt-2 Stripe.....

Isn't it better to know that you start out here at VodaHost as a Pvt-2 then to have no stripe at all?

At least 2 of the privates are being represented here.....

But I also being from the military many years ago. Not always a good thing to have a rank just by having time in rank. Here at VodaHost you are recognized by doing something, even if it is just posting many times to reach the next rank. But I have also found that posting multiple times to gain rank does require experience as well.....

The military you speak of often times just passed out rank just because they needed someone to fill a blank position. Here you do have to work a little at having fun.....

Ram_Industries
    Small Business Network
    http://Martech-Inc.biz/Ram.html
    Ram_Industries
    Robert A. Montgomery
    Ram-Industries@comcast.net
    http://Martech-Inc.biz

Quote Originally Posted by Ptog View Post
    This is a good and fun ranking system. However, I would like to point out that in the US military there are 3 privates. Private E-1 (no stripe, also known as a Chevron, I think), Private E-2 (1 stripe) and then Private First class (PFC). I'm not trying to be difficult but thought I'd share. :o)

www.thewindowphoto.com

This is not the US military... This is the Republic of VodaLand.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Greetings everyone.

I am new to BV and the site and am looking forward to getting to know all of you and getting my first (of I hope many) websites up and running very soon.

P.S. - Am also a proud recruit of the Republic of Vodaland army :)

still want to be in the airforce..........any jet pilots out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Ram_Industries View Post
    Ptog:

Just to inform you of a couple of things.

Yes there are 3 types of Privates in the military version of the ranking process.

The first Private is without a stripe as you said, but that is not called a Chevron.... The Chevron begins when you receive your Pvt-2 Stripe.....

Isn't it better to know that you start out here at VodaHost as a Pvt-2 then to have no stripe at all?

At least 2 of the privates are being represented here.....

But I also being from the military many years ago. Not always a good thing to have a rank just by having time in rank. Here at VodaHost you are recognized by doing something, even if it is just posting many times to reach the next rank. But I have also found that posting multiple times to gain rank does require experience as well.....

The military you speak of often times just passed out rank just because they needed someone to fill a blank position. Here you do have to work a little at having fun.....

Ram_Industries
    Small Business Network
    http://Martech-Inc.biz/Ram.html
    Ah! I actually was refering to the stripe as a chevron and that the first private didn't have one. Improper wording on my part. Thanks for pointing it out.
    I guess it all sounded a little stiff. I will learn to be smooth eventually. "Be patient with me, for I am unknowing of the ways of the Vodamites or Vodaminians". Which is proper? :o)

Quote Originally Posted by Ptog View Post
    Be patient with me for I am unknowing in the ways of the Vodamites or Vodaminians. Which is proper? :o)
    VodaPeers, VodaFriends, or if accepted into the elect organization, VodAliens.....

Patient? Naw........we're not running a clinic here, bruddah! (No one gets away with playing "Doctor"!)
    Hurry up, or we'll leave you behind to fend off the resident AliensAnonymous who generally eats stragglers!

LOL

PS: If you "whip it out" when I am around, be prepared to have it chopped off!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Quote Originally Posted by Vasili View Post
    PS: If you "whip it out" when I am around, be prepared to have it chopped off!
    Yeah well, don't worry about that.

That actuall refers to saluting if you are not sure if you are approaching an officer or not.

LOL....I could go on and on having fun with that one!

Welcome to the frackus!

1st 75th myself.....

How can I tell what my rank is?

Thumbs up Re: What's your rank?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasili View Post
    LOL....I could go on and on having fun with that one!

Welcome to the frackus!

1st 75th myself.....
    Vasili:
    1/75th eh!!!!
    Darn it to bad I joined so late I might have been in the 1st.......
    But all in all Second too None, Best by Test!!! High Angle He*l, and Death From Above!!! Follow Me !! Will always ring into my head when I know its time to get the job done......

To all those people who have ever been in the real military I must say Thank you, and welcome home........We couldn't do it without you!!!

2/75th Rangers Lead the Way!!
    Ram_Industries
    Robert A. Montgomery
    Ram-Industries@comcast.net
    http://Martech-Inc.biz

I feel like a Newbie...... I don't have a clue what I doing here

WebWorker Guest

Novel idea, this ranking scheme....but doesn't it result in false sense of prestige?
    Personally, I would prefer to remain "un-elevated" unless I made a significant contribution or something like all the other forums......they simply list your posts, and whether or not you "contributed" to the product or the community in a real way.

It's more of a fun thing for us. Voda Host says thanks to those who "contribute" alot by giving the bonus's after reaching certain mile stones. Most of those with many posts have contributed a ton. It also gives some bit of confidence to those just joining in that those with many posts usually know a great deal with respect to this product and web building in general.

If you stick around- you'll see that most here are not full of themselves nor their rank status. We have a good time and often poke fun at each other. What drives us is simply helping out- rank or not.

Cheers-

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

WebWorker Guest

Thanks for the comments, Andy, and for taking the time to explain the perspective. It does a lot to demonstrate exactly what you mention by being as personable as your have been with me!

Any time and welcome to the forum!!

Cheers-

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by WebWorker View Post
    Novel idea, this ranking scheme....but doesn't it result in false sense of prestige?
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Smile Just for fun!

Now that I am badly addicted to BlueVoda, and am going to spend my weekend weaving dreams instead of DreamWeavering, let me just add an aphorism for all those wannabe dream Weavers out there.
    Those who want by the yard, but try by the inch should be kicked by the foot!
    I guess that's my brainwave for the day.
    Wait till I get a Major General rank. I'll be all meek and mild by then!

Cool Re: What's your rank?

This idea is really so hilarious, it reminds me of those bad ole days in the OTC, when there was a current joke going around that a stint in the barmy made men outa the inmates and the girls protested that they were quite happy as they were, thank you.
    And then there was this group of Rhesus monkeys who saw the candidates, saw the motto and decided to join because they wanted to get onto the next stage of evolution.

As far as I know, I am below rank. I would say......... basic training.

Before you no it you will be up there in rank so hang on. One thing there no K.P. here or guard duty. If you want to you can salute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

I thought the whole rank thing was goofy at first, now it's fun to see the picture change. I think steps along the chain of evolution would have been cool too.
    All the best
    Catherine
    www.catherinebuchanan.com

steps of evolution would have been a trifle hard put to follow because I can't see anyone saying hello I am an australopitecus, are you a neanderthal or pithecanthropus, ah you're good, getting to be a homo and then a big donnybrook because the thoroughly confused hearer must have thought that he was being called gay!At least with ranks we know what we are!

I thought you could already get a free domain name with out a rank. How is that?

I'm almost at 60 posts!

Ok, now I am! LOL

So how long has BlueVoda been around?

Private, I think. This is the first time to attent to the chat.
    Everybody have a good day.

Thank you VodaHost !!!!
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Fitting, Terry... I truly appreciate this posting as a thing of poetic beauty. You're something special if you don't mind my saying so.

And to all the newbies who may be reading:

The ranking system is brilliant fun. And it is also more. When you first get started and introduce yourself and ask a question or two you will find all of a sudden that you're not a buck private anymore. Pretty soon you're a sargeant and not long afterwards a ranking officer. After a hard day's work the ocassional promotion helps makes it all seem worthwhile somehow.

The real goal, of course, is success on the web, but the respect of your peers and the very real friendships that are formed here, the gifts of being helped and helping in return are not to be minimalized.

Rank is seldom achieved that is not deserved. Whatever the advanced emblem next to a member's name, you can pretty safely assume that he or she has earned it in by putting their time into this community that offers so much to all of us. Some folks are technical geniuses that bow to help us other mere mortals as kindergarten teachers might. Others may have above average skills in business, design, legalities, internet trends or search engine expertise or simply possess the longevity on the web to have 'been there and done that'. Some might not truly have much that is exceptional to offer apart from encouragement and civility but they too are important.

Respect your superior officers, they didn't get there by accident. Make your way. Carve your own path, emulating those you learn to respect.

What's your rank? Whatever it is, this day or tomorrow, it's something you should be proud of.
    Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Smile Re: What's your rank?

Quote Originally Posted by anantanil View Post
    is there any one who want to be my friend?
    Welcome Anantanil, the folks here are the best, and always ready to give advice and help. I hope you enjoy your stay and visit often
    Where's Your Life Going? You might find some help here: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners3.html
    Who is Pristinelife? http://ourjourneytolife.com/aboutme.html

You'll make LOTS of friends here, anantanil :) Welcome and good luck.....
    Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

I am a simple private. If the rank could be lower at the moment, it would be recruit. That's me. For now, at least.
    I am looking forward to learning how to build my newly acquired web site for French Bulldog stuff.

Really Iam very happy to subscribe in this wonderful community .My only problem is that Iam somehow confused since itis my first time to do such thing . I hope that I will find good-hearted persons to help me thankyou.

Life is a really nice gift from God and we should invest it appropriately for it is limited and not eternal.We can make it eternal only if we make good and special deeds. All my love for every body .

Quote Originally Posted by judiciary View Post
    what is the problem? I said I want creat my web site you took me to another place, infact Iam seriously discouraged of sign. Is there any you will render? its then do right now before I live line.
    what do u mean by that

Hi all.. I'm new in voodahost and want to learn! How do I gain rank? plz anwser me on bugvih********?

My name is bugvi

For all those rankin' friends out there, who are reading these posts instead of working diligently on their Websites, here are a few more funny aphorisms, which I am collecting slowly for my websi(gh)te.
    A fool and his money... are a girl's best friend.
    Where there is a Will there is a Way. What else are lawyers for?
    Eat ,drink and be merry because tomorrow we Diet.
    Sign on fridge - God help those, who helps themselves.
    Every relative who says I told you so, is too old to set you a bad example.
    Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by VodaHost View Post
    a blind date with anubis
    Hello to all.
    a very good day from the sunny Italy.

I am already a Lt.Col in the italian Army..... Do I get something? LOL

Have a lovely day

Luigi

Luigi, you do not get anything here except a chance to laugh and a comradeship which you do not get much in the army, because you don't want to get too familiar with your subordinates and your superiors are much too much bossy. On the other hand, here I can go straight and talk at a ranking brigadier general and possibly be snooty, which would earn me a real right royal wigging in the real barmy, I mean Army.<G>
    ciao

I'm ex RN but I don't suppose I'll mind being given a 'Junior Service' rank!

I Love What It Has To Offer :D

I am just stopping by to say hello to everyone........I AM BACK!
    Cheeseeeist!
    Cyber

Hi Guys,

What a very long step for me to reach the top rank. I don't care but I will be on my way and will make you all surprise with my next step promotion....LOL..

Hi I recently joined this military system, also i joined website hosting fron voda host, its really a nice experience and I am progressing with new things.

I really love that

Ok to all the new recruits its time for inspection line up your websites and lets look them over to see if you pass inspection. Just kidding have fun at it good luck to all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Quote Originally Posted by Girlonthehill View Post
    I'd rather hang with Jack! Lol.
    You can hang with me anytime Amanda...............lol

What are you doing nowadays.....havnt seen you around??

Sir,
    I have heard a rumour that there is to be a get together in the mess tonight. I have also been informed that Officers above the rank of Major General will be buying the first round for all junior ranks (Commissioned and non-commissioned) attending. Is this rumour correct?

Your round then David - cheap one too, only you an' me here at the moment. A very large V & C please - Slimline, no ice, no lemon. Ta.

Done..........mine's a sweet martini, shaken but not stirred....and believe me, I said that before the first film came out............

I thought it was a Dry Martini? Olive?

I would, but we've been alone too long and you know what people will say...... oh, go on then, just a quick one. He he.
    Patsy

Hey that free domain name at Brigader General, is that for life?

No, Sara. For one year.
    Ken

Red face Re: What's your rank?

Hi everyone!!!! I am thrilled! Are U as thrilled as I am? I reeeeeeeeally hope so! Have a good one.

Hi baimbowe... You're almost in the right place but actually not quite.... try clicking here and start a new thread. Introduce yourself there and meet the community.

Best of luck!
    Ken

Talking Military Rank Comments

Military Rank Comments

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Default Re: Whats Your Rank Comments - Good fun

Good to be here.

I'm first sergeant, does it mean im senior nco?

The problem is if you post your word as a private and returned to it years hence, statement still there but you already have a star beside your avatar. The automatic updates of ranks in every member's post is cool but does show a bit inconsistent, what do you think?

Question Re: Whats Your Rank Comments - Good fun

Hey how come I don't have any rank?!?!?!

My rank is : Il Draconissimo !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information