Thread: Brandnew Website

I live in the beautyful Rocky Mountains in Montana

Smile Brandnew Website

Hi everybody,
    What do you think of my brandnew website. I did with the help of my friend.
    So check it out at Handcrafted Beaded Jewels and let me know what you think. Also I would apprciate it if you point out typos, that you might see
    Thanks so much
    Lexi

Default Re: Brandnew Website

Hi Lexi,

Love the new site! Very, very nice.

This page doesn't exist from menu bar...

What's the chance that you could switch the google ads to the right side?
    They were too much of a distraction from your products for ME...I am in the habit of zoning out those when they are on the right side...on the left side, they are in my face...

I am REALLY impressed with the uniformity of the background in your products pictures...nice job.

Hope you are enjoying your new site...looks wonderful...Good Luck
    Karen Williams
    Your Belief is Your Reality

very well done loads good color scheme is good your contact page came up with does not exist .Other thanthat well done only when thru a few pages nice job,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

great site, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by karenwms63 View Post
    Hi Lexi,

Love the new site! Very, very nice.

This page doesn't exist from menu bar...

What's the chance that you could switch the google ads to the right side?
    They were too much of a distraction from your products for ME...I am in the habit of zoning out those when they are on the right side...on the left side, they are in my face...

I am REALLY impressed with the uniformity of the background in your products pictures...nice job.

Hope you are enjoying your new site...looks wonderful...Good Luck
    Working on broken link right now
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Very nice and clean site.
    Have been to all your pages and they are all loading fast despite the amount of pictures you have. Well done!

Cheers,

Hi Lexi,
    The site looks very nice, love the colors! I do agree with Karen W, the Google ads distract from your lovely site, otherwise great job. Good luck!
    Karen K

Very nice you and your "freind" did a wonder job, but he always does. You should be in the green in no time. Do you make your products? They look very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by D'son View Post
    Very nice you and your "freind" did a wonder job, but he always does. You should be in the green in no time. Do you make your products? They look very nice.
    Yes i design and make all the beaded jewelry.
    Lexi

Quote Originally Posted by Beaded Jewels View Post
    Yes i design and make all the beaded jewelry.
    Lexi
    Very nice I'll pass the word for your site to some of my lady freinds who are big into that kind of thing.

Smile Re: Brandnew Website

Quote Originally Posted by D'son View Post
    Very nice I'll pass the word for your site to some of my lady freinds who are big into that kind of thing.
    Thank you
    Lexi

With Marnicky on the job, how could you go wrong! Looks great.

Did notice one link that I stubmbled upon..........the B-291-2 Necklace on the Extravagant page. When you click on the picture to open a large view, it opens in a web page. When you "X" out it closes the web site.
    Just an FYI.

Good luck with the site and sales!!
    Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy128 View Post
    With Marnicky on the job, how could you go wrong! Looks great.

Did notice one link that I stubmbled upon..........the B-291-2 Necklace on the Extravagant page. When you click on the picture to open a large view, it opens in a web page. When you "X" out it closes the web site.
    Just an FYI.

Good luck with the site and sales!!
    Andy
    Thanks for spotting that Andy.

Lexi... open up the extravagant page and on the image B-291-2 change the link to 'open in a pop up window'.

oh and what's with the stat counter on the home page???? Not required Lexi, you have a perfect stats program in your control panel and it's quite a well know fact that stat page counters do not give a true reflection of hits, nor do they look very professional
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Marincky View Post
    Thanks for spotting that Andy.

Lexi... open up the extravagant page and on the image B-291-2 change the link to 'open in a pop up window'.

oh and what's with the stat counter on the home page???? Not required Lexi, you have a perfect stats program in your control panel and it's quite a well know fact that stat page counters do not give a true reflection of hits, nor do they look very professional
    Yes, thanks Andy,
    I will fix this right away
    and Thanks Ramsey I will take the stat counter out
    Lexi

Really nice color scheme and even though the navigation is shifted to the left to make room for a Google search bar, it didn't bother me or distract my eyes from the main focus of the page. Aside from a few of the other things that were brought up, I'd say really nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by motoxxx View Post
    Really nice color scheme and even though the navigation is shifted to the left to make room for a Google search bar, it didn't bother me or distract my eyes from the main focus of the page. Aside from a few of the other things that were brought up, I'd say really nice job!
    Thank you

very nice site like the colors, i agree on the google adds on the left side distract, lol... i have it the same way ill change that lol.......

Hi, site looks fine & well laid out.
    Couple of things to look out for is page loading for the less fortunate with dial up & slow broadband. http://www.beadedjewels.biz/extravagant.html is at nearly 1400kb & could easily been brought down to 3-400ish by optimized the images. The images will also look less distorted on the thumbnails. This is the same on most pages
    Although the header is nice to have at 26kb, it’s the 1st thing you see & has been over reduced & pixilated. Bringing down the other images sizes & increasing this may look better. EXSAMPLE. AT 39KB
    Quite a few of the pages have different coloured backgrounds to the text & wasn’t sure if this was intentional. IE: http://www.beadedjewels.biz/closeouts.html
    If you are making the jewelry yourself, I assume you are taking the pictures yourself. It would be worth investing in a light box/tent with a good light, it will get rid of the grey backgrounds to the images. I think Lady Eye has a post somewhere on a home made one from a cardboard box.

Good luck with the site.

Quote Originally Posted by raganok View Post
    very nice site like the colors, i agree on the google adds on the left side distract, lol... i have it the same way ill change that lol.......
    Left side = Better pay out than right side!

Thread Information