Thread: sitemap.xml

Question sitemap.xml

I loaded a sitemap www.arlinefishingcharter.co.nz/sitemap.xml and have been editing it through file manager in the control panel everytime I add a new page.

My concern is this message that is at the top of the screen when I check what I have loaded: This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

Does this affect the way the search engines interrogate this file or will they recognise the info here and carry on regardless?

Default Re: sitemap.xml

Thanks David,

I did use the Sitemap generator in BV originally but it didn't find all my pages so I used File Manager to add the others. I've just gone back and had a closer look at the Sitemap generator and seen how to add more url's.

So I've done it, published it and can see no change. Can someone have a look please at www.arlinefishingcharter.co.nz/sitemap.xml If all the priorities are set for 0.8 then I haven't succeeded, If they are a mixture with most set at 0.5 then I'm just having cache problems again.

Thanks

Hi Muzza, All but two were at 0.5........I am not at all technical but looked through the code. I think the first two were at 1.0 then 0.8 then the rest at 0.5..................
    Hope this helps (I only looked at your post because it is my next learning curve and I didn't have to learn Kiwi cause it was in computer speak)
    Sandra

Muzza got it wrong.... first 1.0 then 0.5 then 0.8 them 0.5 then 0.7 then 0.5 then 0.9 The rest 0.5............ I don't understand any of this......But hope it tells you what you need
    Sandra

Thanks. I must have been having cache problems again. Had to log off and run CCleaner before I could see the changes.

The numbers are priorities. I think google looks at your sitemap and then looks at the pages with the highest priorities first. What that difference that makes I don't really know (as long as google checks them all in the long run)

Question Re: sitemap.xml

Hello everyone! Would someone tell me where I can find Sitemap generator in Blue Voda?
    Thanks.
    Imulse.
    http://www.vgwoodwork.com

I know the answer to that one now. Open BlueVoda, select "tools" in the top menu and you'll see "Sitemap". Select that and then select "Start Crawler".

Then you just need to manually add any pages the crawler didn't find. When you are happy press "publish sitemap".

Easy when you know how. Took me weeks to find this though and it was right in front of me all the time.

Good luck

Each time you add a page you'll need to remember to update the sitemap too

Thread Information