Thread: Tip Request

Default Tip Request

Another nice Tip, is to Ask for A Tip.

Here you can post telling others what you're looking for.

Please Note: This is a thread for Requests Only, it is not a Question - Answer - Clarification and so on thread. If you start posting such push-pulls, the posts will get deleted. After someone has answered your request, your excanging of ideas or further hepl can go on on the appropriate help Forums.

The idea of a Request Index belongs to Bird http://www.fromtheheartofangels.com
    Last edited by Sarah; 02-02-2006 at 11:39 PM.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Question Re: Tip Request

Request for the best tips on meta tags, and how to apply them for search engines to get high ranks.

Default Re: Tip Request

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has an easier way to line up page numbers. I.e. 'next/back 1 2 3 4 etc. where the viewer will click to go to a specific page or the next or previous page etc. (I'm sure there'll be a name for this!)
    I'm finding it hard to line them up on the page. If I dont get it right first attempt it's really hard to grab a specific number as they are placed together and very small. I usually have to just grab any of them then move the rest which is very time consuming (not to mention a pain in the proverbial!)
    Any tips gratefully received (If anyone can actually understand what I'm trying to say that is......) :o)

Use the 'space equally' tool in BV. Click the layout tab (at top of screen), choose 'space evenly' and Bob's your Uncle. You have to lassoe all the items to be spaced (click drag).

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Amanda....you're an angel :o)
    Thank you.
    Just need to now find out how to space them within a certain area rather than them taking up the full page lol.
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by crazidiamondxx
    Amanda....you're an angel :o)
    Thank you.
    Just need to now find out how to space them within a certain area rather than them taking up the full page lol.
    Karen
    Create a table with one row, and as many columns as needed. Then insert the numbers in the table cells. Use the same alignment for all your cells (f.e. left, or center). Once you have done this, place the whole table in the excact position where the numbers have to appear, and size the table to get the width that you need.

Please, even if i did not respect it by answering you, read

Forum Rules - Read before you post or you will get deleted!!!

The answers MUST be a new thread in the same forum, so members in the future can find a tip standing by itself.
    Navaldesign
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Default Html link to drop down menu please

I do hope someone has the answer out there for this. I do not want to use frames, but I do want to write a drop down menu once, and then display that on every page of my site by linking through to the html code.

I think there may be a simple answer - but I'm not clever enough to find it!

Thanks for any help!

Sorry Trish, the only way to do it is through I frames. If it was to be a banner or something, it could be done using a html box (as you do for your affiliate banners) but for a dropdown or a menubar, iframes are the only way to go.
    Navaldesign

I am certain I had seen Amanda write instructions for posting music (mp3) in a thread on this forum, but I have searched and have come up empty.

If someone could post how this is done and also how you can insert a wmv into the thread on this forum as well. If this is possible.

Thanks

P.S. .... This is a great idea!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Hi, I have a great program for inserting mp3s (music) into a web page.
    here are the instructions:
    Sounds--Music--and more
    Custom recorded message
    If you would like to record a personal message to be played on your site- you can use the voice recorder in Windows -Accessories. It will be saved as a wav file which you can then upload to the server via the FTP Manager. You can then reference it with a hyper-link like so;
    For example- Click
    Here-to hear a short wav file I produced using the Sound Recorder.
    This is would work for a song also.

I prefer to use this method - Copy the script below and then open an HTML box and paste it inside. Close the box and re-size to about 1 inch long by 1/2 in tall. This will produce a small player console that the visitor can turn on/off (see below). Position it on the web-page where you want it. Then put text above or below it to instruct your visitor what it is and what they are supposed to do with it.

<embed src="
    yourmusic.mid"
    width="145" height="40" autostart="false" loop="FALSE">
    </embed>

**Note: To make the music play automatically the parameter is Autostart="TRUE" You can put "FALSE" instead of "TRUE" so the person visiting your page will have to click on the play button for it to start.

Again- this will also work for songs or any type music file.
    Music on web-page with visitor shut off button:
    Embed music on the web-page that loads and starts when the page is brought up and supply a small shut off button for the visitor. Copy the script below and paste in HTML box. Re-size to 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch and then place on page where you want.

<embed src="
    yourmusic.mid"
    width=70 height=25 autostart=true repeat=true loop=true> </embed>

You would obviously replace the
    "yourmusic.mid" with what ever music or wav file you wish.

**For this tutorial- the the auto start feature has been shut off
    **MORE OFTEN THAN NOT (IN MY OPINION) MUSIC THAT STARTS AUTOMATICALLY ON A PAGE IS ANNOYING. I ALWAYS APPRECIATE IT WHEN THEY PROVIDE A WAY TO TURN IT OFF.
    ***Note: Mp3's are not allowed to be posted on the VH server unless you are the Artist.

Bethers is offline Major General & Forum Moderator

Actually, there IS a way through CSS to do a nav bar on multiple pages - however, I am not skilled enough to do it yet.

Does anyone have a tip for grabbing all your images and text on a page and resizing them together? I want to change all my page properties on my site to 1024 from 800 wide. I can change the background and image properties but the images and text don't change size. Is there a quick way of doing this other than one by one? Thanks!

Can Somebody give me a tip on how to implement message forwarding on my site. Mess between the members?
    gracias
    mumu

Anyone worked on a FaceBook application with bluevoda? I was wondering re we able to host apps for facebook.

idea.. is to use the info on the php calendar for my business to create an facebook app that will pull the weekly schedule. I have seen other calendar applications, but was wondering on how to pull it from my own calendar.

But, really, I would like to know if there is a way to do facebook applications and if anyone has done one.. could use the help

Wink Re: Tip Request

HI. I need help creating a template page code to insert into blogspot.com so when i publish the blog on my site, that when i publish a new article it adds a new page on my site, help, anyone, forsab3******.com
    regards,
    Amadeus

Question Re: Tip Request

How do I add a search this website tool onto my website? Anyone know?
    Thanks
    Ruth
    www.mowcopchurch.com

Smile Re: Tip Request

Take a look at this for the search script:
    http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/...e_search.shtml

.....or check this out
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Thanks have now got a search tool, thanks to the help on this forum! Very Happy bunny!!
    Ruth

hello ahimsa, thanks for the search tip. How do you get the rank of sannyasin, did osho give it to you?

Wink Re: Tip Request

Quote Originally Posted by mumu View Post
    hello ahimsa, thanks for the search tip. How do you get the rank of sannyasin, did osho give it to you?
    he-he.......it's been a long, hard road.........
    and i aint there yet LOL
    with metta,
    david
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Thread Information