Thread: Bluevoda Members Club up for review

Default Re: Bluevoda Members Club up for review

Great job david. I loved them themes a 11 year old, sleepy, and the christmas one. All around great job. You earn a smiley cookie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joe
    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Question Re: Bluevoda Members Club up for review

Sentiments are cool, but establishing a "Club" revolving the use of Blue Voda (which is a thing) is somewhat misleading and potentially divisive, don't you think? I mean, we spend so much time reminding peers that thay are hosted by VH and use BV, right?
    Not one to pooh-pooh things, but there has been so much debate on these kinds of things already. Kinda sets up the possibility for some to be "left out" and others to see it as another clique thing, like the BV Banner Exchange/Showcase idea....someone has to make a decision on what to include, and if to include. That's why we have the Website Review in the forums, and all kinds of resources available.
    *Would it have been better to name it something like "Blue Voda Central" or "The Blue Voda Lab" or something stressing the use of BV rather than belonging to it??

And, in case anyone brings it up for comparison, that's one of the reasons I have delayed fully releasing VodaTips: it is simply going to be a personal spin on things, and defer back to VodaTalk for most "solutions" and focus instead on Advanced Concepts and things like that. It will not compete, and be a place to find the different avenues that will make a difference for those looking beyond the ordinary.

Like I said ..... genuine sentiments, and good ones. The site design will undoubtedly evolve to be a fine example of BV use, yes?
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Nice idea David. Keep up with this, whoever wants to become part of this is free to do so.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Quote Originally Posted by jkadin View Post
    Great job david. I loved them themes a 11 year old, sleepy, and the christmas one. All around great job. You earn a smiley cookie.
    Thanks for the cookie Jkadin and for your comments. I intend to provide for the younger members as well as complete beginners.

Hi David

I noticed a subscription cost - or is it free?

Regards

Darren

19,95 needs a period instead of comma if this is USD. I like the concept of this site. I wish you much success!
    Karen Williams
    Your Belief is Your Reality

Vasili
    I have created websites based on Bluevoda before:
    http://bluevodawebsites.com/ which I lost when I had to do a complete reset.
    http://bluevodaforms.com/ which was also lost as above.
    http://bluevodashowcase.com/ which is now back on the road again.
    All these websites were created out of a perceived need for something for the newer members of Vodahost using the bluevoda website builder and I see nothing divisive in trying to help others.

Yes, this time a small annual fee is being collected which will enable me to provide more software and php scripts which will be available for downloading for free by the members of The Blue Voda Members Club

This club will take NOTHING away from Vodaland as a lot of condensed info will be referred back to our family meeting point.

I dont know about other members, but to me Bluevoda and vodahost are synonymous................

And yes, I do hope that this site evolve to be a fine example of BV use.

Quote Originally Posted by navaldesign View Post
    Nice idea David. Keep up with this, whoever wants to become part of this is free to do so.
    Thank you George, thats high praise indeed coming from you. Appreciate you popping in.

Quote Originally Posted by DCOFFICESERVICES View Post
    Hi David

I noticed a subscription cost - or is it free?

Regards

Darren
    Hi Darren

The subscription will be just $19.95 per year which will be plowed back in to provide more useful software and php scrips for free for the members.

http://bluevodamembersclub.com/

Smile Re: Bluevoda Members Club up for review

Like I said, great sentiments and sincere intention! I am sure it will do good.

Quote Originally Posted by karenwms63 View Post
    19,95 needs a period instead of comma if this is USD. I like the concept of this site. I wish you much success!
    Hi Karen
    Thanks for the heads up.............so used to Paypals way of writing that way.
    Have now changed to a full stop.

Grab yourself a cookie for that info......................lol

Wsblue

Thanks for your feedback from the demo form..............you didnt leave your email address, so to answer you.

You can join now here. I am adding new free items and advice every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasili View Post
    Like I said, great sentiments and sincere intention! I am sure it will do good.
    Thank you Eric......................only time will tell....................lol

Made a few changes over the weekend..................any comments on layout, colours, etc.

Nice idea David .. I have the same, and welcome you to join as well ..
    although, I'm not as smart as you, lol .. mine is free ..
    But I have a ton of things to contribute as well, all in time my friend.
    I welcome your input and anyone elses, as well, on my forum ...
    http://www.bluevodachat.com

thanks ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Hi David,

I really like the changes to colours and the addition of the character. A couple of things, well several really:
    1. Those who do not wish to subscribe link was cute but took a long time to load
    2. I was sucked in at 'contact us' form. I tried to test it (like you always do) but found that it wasn't actually a real form as it stated underneath.
    3. Typo on 'Login now' and 'remember me' underneath is too close on download/scripts page
    4. Change password was cut off by boxes in back ground, same page as above
    5. I didn't like the fact I couldn't find a 'Home' link when I went inside to take me back out.
    6. Photos of Lady eye and other web professionals are fine in context of forum but probably need to be more polished for the external world. Sorry, just my humble opinion.

At my level, I think it needs to be clearer for beginner audience. Tutorial on FTP to entice novices to sign up was too advanced for me.

Just a few thoughts, fortunately I couldn't find any mustard colour in this one.
    If you have time could you please offer me some feedback on whether my bullet points and paypal buttons apear to be aligned in your browser?
    Kind regards
    Alex

www.mywayweightloss.com

Quote Originally Posted by nosweatfinance View Post
    6. Photos of Lady eye and other web professionals are fine in context of forum but probably need to be more polished for the external world. Sorry, just my humble opinion.

OKAY, can you shine me up like a new penny, LOL ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Quote Originally Posted by davidundalicia View Post
    Wsblue

Thanks for your feedback from the demo form..............you didnt leave your email address, so to answer you.

You can join now here. I am adding new free items and advice every day.
    I did leave my email in the demo form. Probably your form failed to generate the email. You might want to check why it failed.

Wasn't going to say anything but as you have the ghoul to have a paid subscription then maybe I will. Well to be honest the hole thing looks like you have been doing websites for 5mins and are just trying to cash in on the bluevoda name and the ranking that it pulls. The layout on some pages over laps the text and thing just seem to be all over the place, that annoying sliding menu script is totally naff in this case as you should know that they move depending on the width off the screen that the viewer has got, so on a 800x600 it covers a lot and on the flash pages ( which by the way don't work here lots of errors) you can't even see the menu as again you should now flash is always on top.
    Navigation is a nightmare got lost three time,
    Forms page don't get it. Apart from the 5 errors showing on the loading of the page, a bit of creativity would not have gone a miss.
    Showcase room looks ok apart from there's no links on the banners.
    Beginners room you have two different links on different pages one goes to a mouse over effect slow but ok, the the other goes to a page that has youtube, I personally hate sites that do this, ok it's fine if your showing a music vid or something, but for demonstrating products or showing items like your own videos on your own site/sites, just beats me why people would want youtube stuck all over their pages.
    Last thing for know why you use gmail and not the sites email.

Ouch.. thats gonna leave a mark.

But in honesty, he doesnt claim to be a designer, just a scripter, but you are right.. navigation needs to be simple and easy. Lots of folks make Utubes these days for site promotion as well. Its available for clicking on utube itself and does drive traffic to sites, sometimes LOTS of it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Also.. I dont think its necessarily a bad thing to charge for membership.. he could charge by the script... and sometimes people can and DO hound you for your time. Free forums are nice too..

Although as a result of forums.. you should see my email at times..LOL

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Hi David,

I really like the changes to colours and the addition of the character. A couple of things, well several really:
    1. Those who do not wish to subscribe link was cute but took a long time to load
    2. I was sucked in at 'contact us' form. I tried to test it (like you always do) but found that it wasn't actually a real form as it stated underneath.

I have checked and redone the form, so it should now be working.......thanks

3. Typo on 'Login now' and 'remember me' underneath is too close on download/scripts page
    4. Change password was cut off by boxes in back ground, same page as above

Corrected your items 3 & 4 above..........can you tell me which browser you use ? I use Opera, so things may look a little different.

5. I didn't like the fact I couldn't find a 'Home' link when I went inside to take me back out.

Will correct this shortly.............

I take your point, but this is not for the external world. This club is for Bluevoda users and I think that they have seen the same photos many times before.

If there are any better photos, I will willingly change them.

At my level, I think it needs to be clearer for beginner audience. Tutorial on FTP to entice novices to sign up was too advanced for me.

Working on this one...............point taken.

Just a few thoughts, fortunately I couldn't find any mustard colour in this one.
    If you have time could you please offer me some feedback on whether my bullet points and paypal buttons apear to be aligned in your browser?
    I will take a look and get back to you.

Thank you for your time and the useful comments

Quote Originally Posted by LadyEye View Post
    Nice idea David .. I have the same, and welcome you to join as well ..
    although, I'm not as smart as you, lol .. mine is free ..
    But I have a ton of things to contribute as well, all in time my friend.
    I welcome your input and anyone elses, as well, on my forum ...
    http://www.bluevodachat.com

thanks ..
    Hi Holly
    Joined your forum yesterday and will be popping in from time to time.

Thanks for your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by WSBlue View Post
    I did leave my email in the demo form. Probably your form failed to generate the email. You might want to check why it failed.
    Hi wsblue
    I have so many forms around that I tend to copy and paste now and again, serves me right...........Have now correct that form on the subscribe page.

Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alien Dude View Post
    Wasn't going to say anything but as you have the ghoul to have a paid subscription then maybe I will.

If you had taken the time and trouble to READ all of my replies to previous posts you would have seen that the small annual subscription will be used to supply MORE FREE downloads for the paying members.

Well to be honest the hole (spelt whole) thing looks like you have been doing websites for 5mins and are just trying to cash in on the bluevoda name and the ranking that it pulls.

That one made me laugh, I have been around these forums far longer than you mate and besides, read my bio...........Who needs money when you live on a Yacht in sunny Palma de Mallorca !!

The layout on some pages over laps the text and thing just seem to be all over the place,

Now thats more useful to know.......could you expand on that a little please.

that annoying sliding menu script is totally naff in this case as you should know that they move depending on the width off the screen that the viewer has got, so on a 800x600 it covers a lot and on the flash pages ( which by the way don't work here lots of errors) you can't even see the menu as again you should now flash is always on top.

You may well have a valid point there, and as I am still trying different things out, I have taken that on board.

Working on it..............thanks

Forms page don't get it. Apart from the 5 errors showing on the loading of the page,

I maybe able to correct those 5 errors if you let me know what they were.

a bit of creativity would not have gone a miss.

Every banner on the SHOWCASE site has a little house (home page!) linked back to the displayed site.

Beginners room you have two different links on different pages one goes to a mouse over effect slow but ok,

The above was original and was changed to accomodate a previous reply in this thread.

the the other goes to a page that has youtube, I personally hate sites that do this, ok it's fine if your showing a music vid or something, but for demonstrating products or showing items like your own videos on your own site/sites, just beats me why people would want youtube stuck all over their pages.

You are entitled to your opinion and as the utube video is aimed at the complete beginner, then I thought it worthwhile to try it out.
    I will let the viewers decide.

The last one is none of your business

Thanks for taking the time and for your comments

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Mac View Post
    Also.. I dont think its necessarily a bad thing to charge for membership.. he could charge by the script... and sometimes people can and DO hound you for your time. Free forums are nice too..

Although as a result of forums.. you should see my email at times..LOL

Karen
    Hi Karen
    Thanks for popping in.

You are quite right, scripts and more important, installation, takes up a great deal of time.

I also intend to BUY IN small useful scripts that members will have the right to use without all those messy adverts.

Thanks again Karen for your comments and point of view.

For some reason you seem to have taken the comments a bit to much to heart, as a seasoned forum member of the vodahost forum i do not pull punches and say it as it is. thats why i do not post in the Customer Website Reviews as it mainly has newbies getting their feet wet. which is good and the last thing they want is me tell them how it really is.
    but i did think you as a seasoned member would be able to take it on the chin. if i offended you in anyway then i apologize this is about the site and not you personally.
    that being said i have replied to your reply hope this more explains on some points.

Originally Posted by Alien Dude
    Wasn't going to say anything but as you have the ghoul to have a paid subscription then maybe I will.

If you had taken the time and trouble to READ all of my replies to previous posts you would have seen that the small annual subscription will be used to supply MORE FREE downloads for the paying members. Good point

Well to be honest the hole (spelt whole)sorry about that I work hard at my dislexia.
    thing looks like you have been doing websites for 5mins and are just trying to cash in on the bluevoda name and the ranking that it pulls.

That one made me laugh, I have been around these forums far longer than you mate and besides, read my bio..... AH I AN'T YOUR MATE AND CHECK YOUR FACTS.

The layout on some pages over laps the text and thing just seem to be all over the place,

Now thats more useful to know.......could you expand on that a little please. Scripts.php the words Change your Password and Forgot Password have a boarder going though it. and a little bit on the index page looks like the links Enter Here and Complete Beginners have split wording on to lines. Might be the intension.

that annoying sliding menu script is totally naff in this case as you should know that they move depending on the width off the screen that the viewer has got, so on a 800x600 it covers a lot and on the flash pages ( which by the way don't work here lots of errors) you can't even see the menu as again you should now flash is always on top.

You may well have a valid point there, and as I am still trying different things out, I have taken that on board. Cool

Working on it..............thanks Cool

Forms page don't get it. Apart from the 5 errors showing on the loading of the page,

I maybe able to correct those 5 errors if you let me know what they were.
    Errors showing on lines 170, 265, 426, 581, 641 all pointing to javascript error in the validation script. Result the validation popup don't work and email is sent.

a bit of creativity would not have gone a miss.

Every banner on the SHOWCASE site has a little house (home page!) linked back to the displayed site. Thanks for pointing that out would never have found it.

Beginners room you have two different links on different pages one goes to a mouse over effect slow but ok,
    the the other goes to a page that has youtube, I personally hate sites that do this, ok it's fine if your showing a music vid or something, but for demonstrating products or showing items like your own videos on your own site/sites, just beats me why people would want youtube stuck all over their pages.
    You are entitled to your opinion and as the utube video is aimed at the complete beginner, then I thought it worthwhile to try it out.
    I will let the viewers decide.
    I have nothing against the use of youtube in it's self on their site directing people to your or anyone elses site. But why have a youtube screen on your site sending them back again “got them their keep them their” if you made the tutorial then you have the software to do video screen capture and depend on which you use, use that to get it on your page.

The last one is none of your businessonly asked

Wink Re: Bluevoda Members Club up for review

Our Favorite Alien "officially" joined VodaTalk a couple months before you and I did, David .... (he was allowed to change his Online Name recently due to certain circumstances), and his expertise is very well-known, as is his readiness to assist others.

Hi David,

It's certainly hotting up on this link.

I am using Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 for my browser. Laptop loaded with Vista.

The d on password is still slightly caught in white background lines. I will send you a screenshot.
    Kind regards
    Alex

www.mywayweightloss.com

Hi Alien Dude

For some reason you seem to have taken the comments a bit to much to heart, as a seasoned forum member of the vodahost forum i do not pull punches and say it as it is. thats why i do not post in the *Customer Website Reviews* as it mainly has newbies getting their feet wet. which is good and the last thing they want is me tell them how it really is.
    In my first post in this thread, I asked for any and all comments and I thought that I answered you in a grateful manner.

but i did think you as a seasoned member would be able to take it on the chin. if i offended you in anyway then i apologize this is about the site and not you personally.
    "are just trying to cash in on the bluevoda name and the ranking that it pulls."
    (this was the only part of your whole post that I thought was unreasonable)

and I apologise for correcting your spelling, I didn't know about your dislexia.

*AH I AN'T YOUR MATE AND CHECK YOUR FACTS*.*
    I checked your date of joining and as I have been away for a year, I didnt know about the change of name........so once again, I apologise.

All three forms on The Scripts.php have the heading running through the box boarder and that is a deliberate trick.

I will check the wording on the index page with my other browsers as it appears ok with Opera, and that annoying sliding menu has now been replaced with a textual menu.

Thanks for your observations, you have helped to make this site more presentable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasili View Post
    Our Favorite Alien "officially" joined VodaTalk a couple months before you and I did, David .... (he was allowed to change his Online Name recently due to certain circumstances), and his expertise is very well-known, as is his readiness to assist others.
    Thank you for the info Vasili, I have duly apologised for my error.

On another matter: I have included this page: If it is not to your liking you might send me an updated BV page.
    I will also remove it if you so wish.

Hi David,

It's certainly hotting up on this link.

I am using Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 for my browser. Laptop loaded with Vista.

The d on password is still slightly caught in white background lines. I will send you a screenshot.
    Thanks Alex.

p.s. Your bullet points and your paypal buttons look OK in opera.

Quote Originally Posted by navaldesign View Post
    Hi George, I have included this page:.
    Please let me know if thats OK.

http://bluevodamembersclub.com/

Have now improved the navigation and appearance.............comments please

Have now improved the navigation and appearance.............comments please
    Marincky spelt with a C in it
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Well it was 3am in the morning.....................lol...........has now been updated, thanks for the heads up Ramsey.

Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Can your page go as it is or do you wish to change anything ?
    Me? Yes fine TY

I have now added these 2 pages for complete beginners.

Have I missed any essential points ?¿ All comments will be appreciated.

Step by Step on How to publish your first Bluevoda Web Page

Step by Step on how Upload a file/s to your Bluevoda Vodahost website when you Publish.

I have now added these 2 pages for complete beginners.

Have I missed any essential points ?¿ All comments will be appreciated.

Step by Step on How to publish your first Bluevoda Web Page

Step by Step on how Upload a file/s to your Bluevoda Vodahost website when you Publish.
    Your step by step link is wrong, should be this

Not a way I would upload a file to the server, I can see room for errors here with newbies. The easiest way is to go tools > ftp > login then just drag the file over from the left to the right.

Thanks for looking Ramsey.......I have amended the links as follows

Beginners Step by Step on How to publish your first Bluevoda Web Page

Step by Step for beginners on how to Upload a file/s to your Bluevoda Vodahost website when you Publish.

Using your Bluevoda File Transfer Program (FTP) Step by step tutorial

Your comment on the ftp program is germane to why I changed for a simpler introductory method as opposed to the last link above.

A complete beginner informed me that it seemed complicated with all those files on both sides. I suppose that we are accustomed to using the BV FTP.

Thanks for the heads up re that link.

Unfortunately, there are going to be those to whom ALL processes will be confusing, it's merely my own opinion, but I think the way I suggested is simpler because the other way I can see people creating temporary pages to upload files that will end up as redundant pages on their server and could get picked up by the SE's. I know some prefer to go into CP and do it, each to our own I guess.

P.S.. I don't actually use ANY of the above LOL... I upload with FTP Wanderer... even easier.

Ramsey

You are of course correct about the confusion issue, thats why I have the 2 different methods.

Members have been asking for a complete beginners guide/tutorials, so lets see if these will work in the long run.

You ready to retire yet, or are you still waiting for that google item ?¿

Ramsey

You are of course correct about the confusion issue, thats why I have the 2 different methods.

Members have been asking for a complete beginners guide/tutorials, so lets see if these will work in the long run.

You ready to retire yet, or are you still waiting for that google item ?¿
    Google are not the fastest to complete tasks obviously as still not come back to me yet, they did promise they would... oh well, the fact that they called me was I suppose a compliment all on it's own whether they do it or not LOL. Each day getting closer and closer to that retirement yes, to be honest I have cut my work down a lot (or trying to, work keeps flooding in!!) but I am working on that!

Yep me too, catch ya tomorrow

David,

Thumbs up from me regarding the simple tutorials on publishing and uploading. Previously I had only ever published one page at a time as per BV tutorial which I thought was laborious and time consuming. Now I understand there is a much easier way as per your tutorial. Who knows I may even try the FTP one day.

FYI: my process for changing or updating pages is to create a clone of the existing page, make the changes, then simply save as original page name and upload. If a page that has been uploaded becomes redundant then I understand that I have to go into Cpanel and delete it.
    Kind regards
    Alex

www.mywayweightloss.com

Pages designed with the BV web builder must be published and not FTP'd.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

And, unfortunately, only one page can be published at a time, as BV only supports pages and not entire projects (sites)
    Navaldesign
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

This simple tutorial below shows a complete beginner on how to PUBLISH a single page at a time.

Beginners Step by Step on How to publish your first Bluevoda Web Page

and this one clearly shows how to .UPLOAD a FILE when you PUBLISH

Step by Step for beginners on how to Upload a file/s to your Bluevoda Vodahost website when you Publish.

and finally, for those beginners a little more adventurous, a step by step view of the BV FTP program.

Using your Bluevoda File Transfer Program (FTP) Step by step tutorial
    Note to all beginners:

PUBLISH A PAGE.....means any web page created in BV (bluevoda)

UPLOAD A FILE.....means transfering a file from your computer to your web site. (.doc .swf .zip etc)

Hey i just joined This Web site Blue Voda members Review for 10 Bucks

There is something that is wrong with the download. Davinundalicia, please contact me so we can solve this.

Thank you.

I am sure that this is a technical issue, please be patient until David (who is offline right now) sees this and solves the issue.
    Navaldesign

Hi gary
    I have just emailed you and offered you a refund as this is still under construction.

I will also email you the login scripts that you mentioned.

To any other members who may read this, please DO NOT join yet as I still have a lot of work to do on scripts and free downloads.

Thanks for your patience.

p.s. At least I now know that the paypal system is working OK and I will now remove the JOIN NOW button..........................lol

Hey Thanks You are a standup guy davidundalicia
    You responded quickly and I ill be back when things get worked out

Thanks
    Gary Cashin
    www.garycashin.com

Thread Information