Thread: frontpage form wizard

Default frontpage form wizard

I've been rtying to build a form in frontpage, but when I go to form properties, I keep getting the message that "This form cannot be configured to send results via email"

Whats the solution to this?

Thanks!
    Multitaskinman

Default Re: frontpage form wizard

On further investigation, it looks like I have to install Frontpage Extensions in CPanel. Is there no other way to publish a form from Frontpage?

The follow up question is;

If I re-make half the website in and publish it from Frontpage and keep the rest in BV will I run into any problems?

Thanks

multitaskinman

If you are using BV why use FP at all ?¿

You can create a form in minutes if you use the BV form wizard......

FrontPage is no longer supported by Microsoft whatsoever, and configuring FP plug-in's to your account server is something you should have requested upon account setup as it requires a Windows-based server, not the Linux servers defaulted for most VodaHost clients. Proceeding to add them now will prevent you from using any other foundations within your account --- as asked above, why not simply continue to use Blue Voda?

If you are looking for another foundation, however, why don't you look into getting the Free version of CoffeeCup (JAVA) or something that won't strain your brain trying to get the hang of using?
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

I'm not sure what Vasili means by plug-ins. Front Page extensions are by DEFAULT supported by all VodaHost accounts and are usually enabled (they don't require a Windows based server). They can be used with any other software included in your account.

However, the message you receive shsows that you have set the FP form to send the info by email, and not through a mailer (php script). Solution: use ABVFP or, as David and Vasili suggested, use BV's form wizard.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

So can I clarify, do I have to upload the form from Frontpage through Frontpage extensions or can I just upload it through FTP?

Thanks

Frontpage can publish directly to the server or export the pages you build with it in html format. In this second case you can upload them using FTP.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Thread Information