Thread: ABVFP uploads

Default ABVFP uploads

Hi,
    I am trying to make a multiple page form to include an upload feature. I thought I did things right when I installed ABVFP, but when I test out the form that I made with form wizard, all the information comes to my email from the four pages of my forms, but the upload does not appear. The site is www.pocketbillboardsite.com. I guess I missed something. I have been checking but can't seem to find it. If anyone has a suggestion it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Barry

Default Re: ABVFP uploads

The method described in the tutorial will work also for uploaded files, but ONLY if the Upload file field is in the LAST page.

Also it is possible that big files (more than 2 or 8 MB, depending on the server) will not be uploaded due to server restrictions.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Hi,
    Thanks for the info. The upload is on my last page, and it is 152kb. Is there any way to tell if I installed ABVFP correctly or what I might be doing wrong?
    Thanks

If you recieve the rest of the info, ABVFP is correctly installed. Make sure that you have set the file size limit in ABVFP to be enough.

A link to the form please ?
    Navaldesign
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Hello Naval Design. I downloaded ABVFP and installed it. I am trying to make some test but is not working. I filled out the example form (ID nr 1) and http 404 no found error is shown with this URL: http://rd77.com/ABVFP/dbts_abvfp.php
    The site where is loaded is http://rd77.com/ABVFP/contactform.html
    I would to send all data to my email and also to the database.

The main file is there, but you are probably missing some other file (the error or the thank you page).

Unfortunately i can't say more without entering your account.
    Navaldesign

Thanks for looking. I'll check about the error and thank you pages.

Hi Again,
    Uploads still not coming to my email. My four form pages are www.pocketbillboardsite.com/formpage1.php, www.pocketbillboardsite.com/formpage2.php, www.pocketbillboardsite.com/formpage3.php, www.pocketbillboardsite.com/formpage4.html
    I created a thank you page and error page and published both. I still must be doing something wrong. Any ideas?
    Thanks, Barry

Your upload field is un-named! It will never get to you!

Name it properly (in example: Customer_image ) Save, publish, Refresh before testing.
    Navaldesign

Thanks, I'll do that.

I think I named it properly Customer_Images, but now I am not even getting anything sent to my email. What else have I messed up? What information do you need to check this? I will provide whatever you need.
    Thanks,
    Barry

I will need your site login details. Please use my contact form, however i will be out for the next 14 - 16 Hrs.
    Navaldesign

I visited your form. The action is set to go to the "thank_you_ page.php ". ?? Why ? the action should be set to go to ABVFP.

Setup the formpage4 according to he ABVFP instructions, and then test again. If you still have issues, let me know.
    Navaldesign

Hi Naval,

Is there any validation extension i should be adding to the file upload fields in my ABVFP form, or will "file upload 1" and "file upload 2" be ok?

Thanks, Simon

Thread Information