Thread: Where to find the 'guestbpookdb.php' file in order to get the guestbook to work

Exclamation Where to find the 'guestbpookdb.php' file in order to get the guestbook to work

Thank you again! But quick question where is the
    'guestbpookdb.php' file located so that I can upload it to the FTP Manager?

Please be so kind to help! Thank you so so very much!:o)
    Danielle

MERRY CHRISTMAS!:o)

Default Re: Where to find the 'guestbpookdb.php' file in order to get the guestbook to work

Hi elle,

It is the little book on the lower left toolbar of BlueVoda.

You need to set it up first.

It is in Properties. it is the alternative to .html
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Default Re: Where to find the 'guestbpookdb.php' file in order to get the guestbook to work

You don't upload the guest book, you add it to a page as you would any other element. Save the page (I saved mine as guest book) and publish. Then link the same as any other page, also note that the page will have the html extention.

Thank you so so very much for your reply! I already have installed the guestbook onto my page from the little book on the right hand corner but wanted to know when it says install FTP, already done that, then drag over the 'guestbpookdb.php' file to the right side where is that file? Am I supposed rename my guestbook page from gustbook.bvp to guestbookdb.php? Thank you so so so so very much in advance for answering my question! I truly appreciate it!

Have a wonderful night!

Merry Christmas!

Danielle

Hi Danielle, you wont believe how many times this has been asked with many giving up, & unless my old eyesight is going? it is not in the instructions to do the part below.

Place your guest book on the page as per instructions & publish. (This parts done)
    Now open notepad & create just a plain blank page & save it as a text file & name it guestbookdb.php & save.
    Now upload this empty notepad doc to your server via FTP & change the permissions to 755 as tutorial.
    What happens is when a message is left, it is stored in this document.

Good luck.

Hello Chris!

Thank you so so so very much! You are such an ANGEL! I have been trying to figure this out for a little while. So thank you so much! But quick question how does it work, I went to my page and tried to post a message but it still said no posts and it had admin login - but I don't have a login or do I for the guestbook - where do I find it or create it? Thank you again for all of your help now and in advance!

Merry Christmas!

Danielle

Hi, if you haven't changed it from when you were setting it up? Click on the admin link & type password. (You should change this at some time & republish the page).
    Have you got the pages url so we can have a look. Also remember this GB wont work unless published to your server.

Thank you! This is the website url:

http://www.danealiasdesigns.com/guestbook.html

Also, when I uploaded the guestbookdb.php, I uploaded to the public-files html, is that correct?

Thank you so much!

Danielle

Thats correct, I tested it for you and it is working. Good Job

Thank you so very much Ed! I appreciate that! But quick question where to I get the Admin Login - if having to create it how do I create it? Thank you so very much!

Regards,
    Danielle

Hi, your GB is in an iframe. Scroll down the iframe & the link will appear "Admin Login" click on this text.

There is no need to create and upload the guestbookdb.php file.
    Just publish the GB, and post an initial wellcoming post, the script will autocreate the file.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Thank you so so very mcuh to the both of you! I truly appreciate it! I see the Admin Login on my webpage's gusetbook but when I click on it it says "Guestbook Login - Login ...." but why is that there and what type of login do I put in there or does it even matter?

Danielle

The admin area allows you to manage posts )edit - delete)
    Since only you have to have access, it is password protected.
    The password is the one you set whilst in BV. Open your GB page in BV, double click the GB, clck on the Advanced Tab. You will see there a field named "Password" . Type in there whatever you want your password to be.
    Navaldesign
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Wink Re: Where to find the 'guestbpookdb.php' file in order to get the guestbook to work

Quote Originally Posted by navaldesign View Post
    Just publish the GB, and post an initial welcoming post, the script will auto create the file.
    Hi George, when was that slipped in. Will have to get the help compiler to update the installation info.

Hi Chris,

actually, it has always been like this, but it is an undocumented aspect.
    Navaldesign

Question Re: how to make initial post to guestbook

Quote Originally Posted by navaldesign View Post
    Just publish the GB, and post an initial wellcoming post, the script will autocreate the file.

I'm missing something here. I made a GB page and published it- named guestbook.html. Also created a guestbookdb.php file and downloaded it ( as per instructions elsewhere in the forum). I keep getting an error notice which is supposed to go away with the first post? I don't get how to make that post.

As i said already, there is no need to create and upload (not download) it on the server.
    When you publish the guestbook page, an error message should appear (due to the fact that the guestbookdb.php file is missing. Just make a post in the guestbook, welcoming your visitors, and the guestbookdb.php file will be created. From that point on, no error will appear.
    Navaldesign

Thumbs up Re: Where to find the 'guestbpookdb.php' file in order to get the guestbook to work

thanks for the QUICK response!!!
    the reason I was so confused was that the very first time I published the GB came up and I tested it but did not know I needed to retype the code number- so of course it didn't work. Then I just kept getting the error instead of the GB every time I tried again. this last time I changed the "code confirmation" to read "retype the number in the blank box" ( so my guests would know what I didn't) and when I published the GB came up and I posted a welcome message and all is groovy!
    It's all so obvious when it works...
    HAPPY NEW YEAR

HELP!
    I add a guestbook, save & publish as instructed.
    When I try to view it as an html doc, , I get all the code. IE:
    ar); $var = preg_replace('(\[i\](.+?)\[\/i\])is', '$1', $var); $var = preg_replace('(\[u\](.+?)\[\/u\])is', '$1', $var); return trim($var); } if (isset($_POST['password'])) { $password = .....
    Please Advise.
    Thank You

Wat do you mean "When I try to view it as an html doc" ?

The guestbook consists of two parts, a html page and a php file that is the main gestbook.

Please provide a link so we can see.
    Navaldesign

Is there a way to edit the guestbook fields? Like I want to get rid of 'website' field... Thanks!

I have read this forum over and over and I cannot make my guestbook work. I think I have done everything I am suppose to do but I have a message that reads:

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for ./guestbookdb.php in /home/dogehtpi/public_html/guestbook.php on line 235
    No posts found.

Admin login

www.familyfunrving.com/guestbook.html

Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve

Don't worry, make a welcome post and the error will disappear.

This displays simply because there is not yet a posts file.

EDIT: I did it for you, all is ok now. If you wish, make another one of your own and selete mine.
    Navaldesign

So when you say "to make a welcome post" do you mean to go the the guest book and type something in the "message box"? If so I have tried that and it didn't change a thing.

Thanks,

Steve

I deleted it just to see how you did it and now I am right back where I started. Where did you post the "Welcome post"

Thanks,

Steve

Just post in the page with the error, after posting it will disappear.
    Navaldesign

It absolutely won't work if I do it myself. I read on a forum someone else had the same problem. Please do it one more time and I will leave it alone.

Thanks so much,

Steve

Your guest book has no problem anymore!

Anyway, i posted again.
    Navaldesign

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,

Steve

Thread Information