Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor 2

Default Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor 2

I would like to process multiple file uploads at a time. The version of BV that I have does not allow me to do this (I have version 11 according to "About Blue Voda"). I found this post about ABVFP and followed the link to download it but the page I was taken to didn't have an active link to the download. Am I missing something or is access to the download been reloacted? How do I get ABVFP?

I went to the that link and the download button is inactive. I can access the "Technical Spec...," "contact us," and "validate HTLM" in addition to the navigation buttons, but nothing leads to the download.

Use the Contact feature to request the download, as suggested > http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/contact.php
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

I am able to download it with the link that I put previously, I am using Mozilla if that makes a difference.

How do I make the upload file 'required'? Just like editboxes with an extension of 'R'.
    Also, is there a way to remove the uploaded file (before hitting the submit button) if the person made a mistake of uploading a wrong file?

Quote Originally Posted by jorujuja View Post
    1. How do I make the upload file 'required'? Just like editboxes with an extension of 'R'.
    2. Also, is there a way to remove the uploaded file (before hitting the submit button) if the person made a mistake of uploading a wrong file?
    1. You can't. 2. It is a simple 'replace' option of the User: they stop, browse for and add another before submitting. Or the long way is to RESET the form completely.

Actually there is a way to make uploaded files required, but involves code changes either in the ABVFP code, or adding a validation Javascript to your form.

Both require coding experience or hiring someone to do it for you.

If the user has alreafy selected a file, he can just click again on the "Browse" button, to select (replace with) another. Or, he can delete the upload field content to leave it empty
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

I see, thanks a lot.

Hi Naval,
    Can you please check this site www.jrtmagica.com/applyReg.html, it keeps on going to the error page after submitting. Thank you.

The problem is that you have installed ABVFP on one domain, whilst the form is on another domain.

You can:

1. Install ABVFP separately on this new domain (recommended solution)
    or
    2. Download on your computer the files dbts_abvfp.php, captcha.php, verdanna.ttf (or whatever other font file you have used) and dbts_errorpage.php and copy them in the same folder where the form page is. At that point you will also need to change the form action to be simply "dbts_abvfp.php"
    Navaldesign
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Ok thanks, will try the 1st option.

Well it worked for a day, then after that it keeps on displaying this message:
    The verification code you have entered is not correct! Please go back and try again.

Even as I've tried to entered different codes.

Hi Naval, please check it again. I already uploaded the required files but it keeps on giving me the above message. Thanks.

In the HTML box that creates the captcha image, you are still making reference to the previous ABVFP installation, in http://www.hredigital.com/ABVFP/captcha.php

Edit this so the file points to the new installation.

You should however, have installed ABVFP in a subfolder of the addon domain folder and not directly in the addon domains folder. It will not create any problems, but will cause some confusion between your own pages and the ABVFP pages.

If, as I mentioned, you made the new installation in the addon domain main folder, the captcha should point to http://www.jrtmagica.com/captcha.php
    Navaldesign

Question Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor 2

Hi

I have created a form using ABVFP but I cannot see my page when I type in the URL: www.nutrition-tips4you.com
    It is showing as index.php in the file manager, is that correct?

I am getting this message:
    Index of /

Apache/2.2.16 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.nutrition-tips4you.com Port 80
    Regards
    David Meikle

Hi
    I tried to download ABVFP into my cpanel having created a database.

I typed in http://www.nutrition-tips4you.com/AB...ts_install.php into my browser, as per the installation instructions, but I am getting this message.

The requested URL /ABVFP/dbts_install.php was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Help
    Regards
    David Meikle

Connect to your site with FTP and check if the folder is actually named ABVFP or if, by chance, you have mistyped something.

The link is case sensitive, so if you have created the folder as "aBVFP" or anything similar, you should be using that.

Make also sure that the folder permissions are set to 755 and the files inside it have permissions 644
    Navaldesign

Thanks so much.
    I had the folder named as nutrition-tips4you.com instead of www.nutrition-tips4you.com
    Now it works.

You have NOT uploaded the index page that was included in the ABVFP zip, into the ABVFP folder on your site. This will leave exposed the contents of the folder. Quite bad for security.....
    Navaldesign

Thanks. I have just uploaded index.html to the ABVFP folder.
    Now I cannot get passed the initial installation page. I am getting this error

Could not connect to the database. Please check Database details !
    I am using the Database name and Database user that I used to create the Database.

I fixed it. I think it was password for ABVFP that caused the problem

Hi

Configured everything but cannot publish the page now. I am getting this error message when I type www.nutrition-tips4you.com into my browser.
    I can't find "line 11"
    Warning: require(dbts_ABVFP_config.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dccrwlt/public_html/www.nutrition-tips4you.com/dbts_ABVFP_admin1.php on line 11

Warning: require(dbts_ABVFP_config.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dccrwlt/public_html/www.nutrition-tips4you.com/dbts_ABVFP_admin1.php on line 11

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'dbts_ABVFP_config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/dccrwlt/public_html/www.nutrition-tips4you.com/dbts_ABVFP_admin1.php on line 11

I think that you got somewhat confused.

ABVFP and all the scripts that belong to it, should be uploaded in their own folder, you have uploaded the index page in your main root folder ???
    Navaldesign

I am seriously confused. What do I have to do to correct the error?

The "index" page included in the zip must be uploaded in the "ABVFP" folder.

In the main site publish your own index page.
    Navaldesign

Hi Navaldesign,
    When I click on 'submit' with no fields filled in, it takes me through to the Thank you page. These are the values submitted:
    Values submitted from web site form:
    Formid : 2
    Name-RA :
    Last Name-RA :
    Email-Re :
    Mobile-A :
    Country-A : United States

Could you please take a look
    www.nutrition-tips4you.com
    Thanks
    David Meikle

You are using the built in form processor, not ABVFP, so validation through the fieldname extension is not possible.

You can use the BlueVoda built in validation (which however is Javascript, so will work with most "normal" visitors but not with a probable hacker)
    Navaldesign

Hi
    I don't understand. I have downloaded ABVFP and used the contact form, thank you page and error page. I have just removed the fields I did not want to use.
    How do i make it work?
    Regards
    David Meikle

The form action has been changed probably because you checked the "Use built in Form Processor" checkbox in the Form Properties dialog box. Whan you check that, the original form settings are automatically changed to be as required by the built in form processor.

You need to read the manual to see how to setup correctly the form "method", "action" and "encoding type" as well as the "Formid" hidden field and its value.
    Navaldesign

OK, I'm obviously no good at this. I have been trying for about 10 days to get this set up right. I hate to give up but I'm beat. Can you set it all up for me please and what is the cost?
    Thank you
    David Meikle

Hi

Sorry, I got a little frustrated. I have unchecked the "Use built in Form Processor" box and entered the relevant info from the tutorial into 'action, method and encoding type'. The hidden field is Formid 2.
    Now I cannot get the thank you page or error page to work.
    I'm getting this error; Oops! This page appears broken. DNS Error - Server cannot be found.
    Help!!
    David Meikle

How did you type the "thankyou" and "error" page URLs in the ABVFP control panel ?

Type the FULL link: http://www.yourdomain.com/pagename.html
    Navaldesign

Hi
    I think I typed them in as per the tutorial.
    ie: http://www.nutrition-tips4you.com/thankyou_page.html
    I need to check, but ABVFP control panel is rejecting my password and does not recognize my Email address. I need to re-set the info. How can I do this?
    Regards
    David Meikle

Hi
    I just clicked on the above link to the thankyou page and entered the link to the error page and they both published.

Hi I am just downloading the ABVFP control panel and entering all the info reqd.
    Should I create automatically the database table or should I create my own?
    Which is the best option?
    Regards
    David Meikle

You have to create the Database in your CPanel.

Tables, instead, will be automatically created by the script.
    Navaldesign

Hi

Yeah, done that, the administrator's area give the option of creating a database table automatically or not.

Hi Navaldesign

I have finally got everything working except the thank you and error pages.
    When I click on submit, either having filled in the fields or not, I am getting a blank page and the browser reads "http://www.nutrition-tips4you.com/dbts_abvfp.php"

In the action page in form properties, I have entered: http://www.nutrition-tips4you.com/ABVFP/dbts_abvfp.php. Is this correct?

In the ABVFP admin area I have entered: http://www.nutrition-tips4you.com/thankyou_page.html
    http://www.nutrition-tips4you.com/errorpage.php

Can you please advise.
    Thank you
    David Meikle

There is no reason why the script will not redirect correctly unless you have somehow mistaken the URLs. Do you receive the mails from the form ?
    Navaldesign

Hi
    Incredible!! I just checked my form again and it all works. Yesterday it didn't.
    Now I need to set up the autoresponder to send the free Ebook and other emails.
    Regards
    David Meikle

Hi
    I cannot get the link to the free ebook, which is a pdf file, to work from the thank you page. I have uploaded into ABVFP and the contact page.
    I appears to load on a black screen, then after a few seconds the screen turns white but remains blank. "Done" appears in the bottom left of the screen.
    Any ideas?
    David Meikle

No, sorry, this is not related to ABVFP, it depends on how you have created the link to the PDF and if it correct or not.
    Navaldesign

Does ABVFP work bi-directional; I know a Form can populate a database but Can a Table retrieve information from the Database using ABVFP?

No, ABVFP processes the form and stores data in the DB, it can't retrieve data from the DB and populate a page. You will need custom coding for this.
    Navaldesign

Hi
    my english is not good sorry about that.
    I have a question:
    can I Build a web2.0 like this LINK REMOVED with BlueVoda Website Builder?

You can use BV for the visuals, but you will need code and scripting knowledge to create a web2.0 type site.
    Navaldesign

There was no problem getting the form processor to work as per your instructions. Really good solution for Dreamweaver. However, I tried to get it to work with the labels and fields within a table for maintaining alignment and could not get it to work. If someone has gotten ABVFP to work in this manner, let me know and I will keep trying.

ABVFP only works AFTER the form is submitted. And only if the form "Method" and "Encoding Type" are correct.

Probably it is your form failing.
    Navaldesign

Hi
    This is not my thread, I am not jmadeira.
    I have not posted anything for a least 3 weeks.

Regards
    David Meikle

Hi ,

I created a form and clicked on Custom error message for each field of the form. Everything is working fine on the form except the sender email address of the form. When i send the form , i recieve the form as sent from the website. Not from the mail address that is entered in the form.

I recieve the forms to the e-mail : info@raynotax.com

But the sender address is also info@raynotax.com at my inbox recieved mails.

I hope i could explain the issue clearly.

Thanks for reply

If you are using ABVFP, the email field of the form MUST be named "Email-Re" or the mail will result as sent from your own email address.
    Navaldesign

Hi Naval,

Thank you for your fast reply ..

No.I created this form on BlueVoda , but posted this here because i couldn't find better form topic .

What do i have to do to solve this issue ?

If you are using BV's built in form processor, make sure the email field is named "email" all lowercase characters.
    Navaldesign

Hi Naval,

Thank you ! .I changed the field as "email" and the problem is solved.

Have a great day!

Musteba, ABVP cannot retrieve info, but if you use already written php script with Bluevoda, u will be able to retrieve info from your database.
    Firstly: you need to understand hw to select fields in from mysql database.
    Secondly: search free sql scripts to refrieve information from the database.

Quote Originally Posted by navaldesign View Post
    In the HTML box that creates the captcha image, you are still making reference to the previous ABVFP installation, in http://www.hredigital.com/ABVFP/captcha.php

Edit this so the file points to the new installation.

You should however, have installed ABVFP in a subfolder of the addon domain folder and not directly in the addon domains folder. It will not create any problems, but will cause some confusion between your own pages and the ABVFP pages.

If, as I mentioned, you made the new installation in the addon domain main folder, the captcha should point to http://www.jrtmagica.com/captcha.php
    Hi Naval,
    Please have a look at this file again. I already did what you said above and everything went well til today. It keeps on giving back error again. Thanks in advance.

Please I need help.

I'm sorry but there is nothing that I can see. Did you create the error page as per instructions ? BEcause the error page shows up but there is no error message in it
    Navaldesign

That's why I'm also wondering what could be wrong. Anyway, yes I'll redo the error page, probably that's where the problem is.

I did the error page as per ABVFP 2.0 BV sample pages. I even copied exactly the error window from the sample page. And it still giving back 'blank' error message.

Do you think I should start all over again and redo the whole form?

I don't think it can be a form issue (though I can't be sure)
    Since the error page shows, there IS an error, but the error page doesn't report it, so there must be something wrong with how the script is setup. I would need to enter your hosting account to see what is wrong.
    Navaldesign

How do I PM you the account?

Please use my contactform to send me your details. Include URLs of form and error / thankyou page
    Navaldesign

Ok sent you the details

Hi George, I created this form (http://www.housesitmexico.com/sheraton/stress.html) where I want to add up the numbers that are set in the fields, and after having the result submiting the form.

I have placed the following script in the HTML after tag of the form. Nedless to say it does not work, could you guide me as to where am I to place the script so it works

<SCRIPT language = JavaScript>

function calculate() {
    A = document.stress.value1.value
    B = document.stress.value2.value
    C = (A + B)
    document.stress.answer.value = C
    }

</SCRIPT>

Thanks

Supposing that the editboxes IDs are Editbox1, Editbox2 and Editbox3 :

Associate to Editbox1 (value) an event: onKeyup -> Javascript -> calculate()
    Same for Editbox2

Put this in Between Head:

<script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    function calculate()
    {
    var val1 = document.getElementById("Editbox1").value;
    var val2 = document.getElementById("Editbox2").value;
    document.getElementById("Editbox3").value = eval(val1 + "+" + val2);
    }
    //-->
    </script>
    Navaldesign

Thank you very much!!!

Hi
    i download and installed the ABVFP form script.

1. How to set the confirmation page that is sent to the user to rtl?

2.how to set the upload file section?

3.That might sound stupid but:
    Why do I need to use the error page function if I use the option when editing the form: validate / custom error message in the field

Thank You
    James Acobas

1. I'm afraid there is no planning for this
    2. What do you mean ? ABVFP will store on the server any uploaded file, just define the uploads folder.
    3. Because ABVFP performs PHP validation, as spammers and spambots have Javascript disabled so the BV validation will not work.
    Navaldesign

thank you sir for your reply.

1.which file responsible to send the confirmation email to user.(from your experience you think i can customize it to work with rtl)?
    2.i understand from the tutorial that user can upload files when submiting the form'if so how to set it in the form?
    3. i dont now if its bad or good but the the BV validation working
    http://you10.net/intro-elearn-privet-lesson-1.php
    just click on the red button.
    James Acobas

I tried sending this before but it got deleted - no explanation.
    Here goes...
    I cannot enter the Administration Area to log on. When I enter www.parentprakopins.com/ABVFP/ in my browser and click to enter I get my www.parentprakopins.index.html page not the Admin log on page.
    This is a new problem because until recently everything was OK. BTW - the forms on the website are still working just fine its logging into the Admin Area that's the problem.
    I did submit a Support Ticket on this a few days ago and have since requested some response. No solution received yet.

@jamslive:

1. The only file that actuall process the form is dbts_abvfp.php . All the code is there, the other files are only used for the administration.
    2. Just add, in your form, one or more Upload fields. ABVFP will process them automatically.
    3. It is good to have both balidations, the BV Javascript one for real time validation, the ABVFP one for hackers / spammers.

Please note that although ABVFP is freely available, we can't provide support for non VH hosted sites.
    Navaldesign

Quote Originally Posted by Paulk2 View Post
    I tried sending this before but it got deleted - no explanation.
    Here goes...
    I cannot enter the Administration Area to log on. When I enter www.parentprakopins.com/ABVFP/ in my browser and click to enter I get my www.parentprakopins.index.html page not the Admin log on page.
    This is a new problem because until recently everything was OK. BTW - the forms on the website are still working just fine its logging into the Admin Area that's the problem.
    I did submit a Support Ticket on this a few days ago and have since requested some response. No solution received yet.
    Regarding not being able to log in the administration area: probably you have accidentally published your site "index" page in the ABVFP folder.
    Navaldesign

Morning, I have set my forms to send the data to an email address which works very well however I would like to be able to send the data to two separate email addresses. Is this possible and how would it be achieved?

Many Thanks

just type the two email addresses separated by a comma.
    Navaldesign

Hello Naval,

Recently I encountered a problem with ABVFP 2.1 which I have been using for 3 years or more without any issue. The problem is whenever I fill in the contact form completely and click submit, I am redirected to this page http://www.prayerdeliverance-ministr...dbts_abvfp.php

I have a screen capture of the page here http://goo.gl/4KwBW

Thank you for your help in advance.

T
    Not matter what happens this day, may you know that God loves you so much.

What's the form URL ?

Usually this error occurs when two fileds of the form have the same name.
    Navaldesign

The problem, as reported by ABVFP is:

Error = Identifier name 'in_brief_why_did_you_felt_the_need_to_participate _in_occult_art_selected' is too long. Please contact support at ........

In other words you have used field names that are too long and are not acceptable by MySQL
    Navaldesign

Thanks Naval, I will make necessary amendments to the field names.

Thanks Naval, I will make necessary amendments to the field names.

Just done it and the form is working.

Thanks once again for your help.

Off on a tangent again.......

Any ideas how you would go about adding a section to a Bluevoda form that has the ability to capture a signature?

This would help with a project that I'm working on when one of my forms is loaded on a smartphone.

Cheers

Neil

Not sure what you mean "capture a signature".
    And, what has this to do with ABVFP ? you should be posting in the forms forum, as New Thread.
    Navaldesign

Post Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor 2

I installed Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor 2 via vodahost cpannel. but it shows following errors "Illegal Form Submission"no other information is provided.
    the URL for contact form is http://www.prabhatgroups.com/ABVFP/contactform.html
    Pl visit this url and take away my problem.

I also like to use this at www.dastaktimes.org ,can i do that?

You get this error message when he Form URL and the one provided in the ABVFP control panel are different, in example one is http://www.domain.com and he other is http://domain.com without the www or something similar.
    Navaldesign

You can use phpMyAdmin, available through your c-Panel (database section)
    Navaldesign

I am trying to log into my ABVFP and get this message: Database Selection Error. Please check parameters in the file config.php
    And when I try to fill up a form in my site it throws this message: I cannot process the form. The form has not been correctly setup. !

What could have happened?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mumu View Post
    I am trying to log into my ABVFP and get this message: Database Selection Error. Please check parameters in the file config.php And when I try to fill up a form in my site it throws this message: I cannot process the form. The form has not been correctly setup. ! What could have happened? Thanks
    Every one of your posts are made regarding obscure questions, and without the information required by Forum Rules: your Domain name, or the URL to your site hosted by Vodahost. This type of Forum Abuse needs to stop.

For instance, one can only assume that based on your most recent posts, you have installed Umbraco CMS on your hosting account, and if that is in fact so, it is no wonder your ABVFP is not functioning.

If you have any further valid questions or need additional assistance, please submit them to Customer Support directly from now on.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information