Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor 2

Default Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor 2

Hi everybody,

Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor is with us since September 2006. It has been, in the meantime, downloaded and installed by nearly 3000 users. It has evolved, improved, and soon a new version with more features will be released.

However, since July 2008 BlueVoda has a built in Form Wizard and Form Processor. The later was writen by DB Technosystems (me, hehe!) and is a subset of the ABVFP full script. The built in Form Processor will suit MOST cases, with a good security level and excellent features (multiple uploads, multiple selection listboxes, a basic error reporting system). Please refer to the How to create a form using the Form Wizard , How to create a form from scratch , and How to edit a form tutorials to see how you can create a form and how you can process it using the Built in Form Processor.

ABVFP has all the features of BlueVoda's built in Form Processor, plus the below...

Autoresponder
    database storing
    php validation other than basic level one
    enhanced security checks

This is where ABVFP is unique in its kind.

You can still build your Form using the Form Wizard, and SIMPLY CHANGE THE FORM ACTION so it can be processed by ABVFP. Detailed instructions are included in the ABVFP zip.

Please Download it from this location .

Here are the main features of ABVFP v2.1:
    • Required fields checking.
    • Validation of the fields (email, numeric field, field length, allowing or not for http:// , www. and @ symbol to be included)
    • Multifile upload, with max size specified by the user.
    • Attachments: you will receive the uploaded files directly on your desktop with the email that you will receive.
    • Multiple owner email addresses: the script will now send multiple emails, to the specified owner email addresses. The first one, will be used as the "reply to" address for the autoresponder message.
    • Option to have your email address included or not in the autoresponder message. If not, a " no_reply@yourdomain.com " address will appear.
    • Multiple choice field processing.
    • Customizable mail subject.
    • Customizable multiline email header and footer. Autoresponder with customizable header, footer, subject and "From:" field. Built in security measures against automatic bot submission and / or mass spam submission using your script.
    • Single "action" file for all your forms. It will process ALL your forms.
    • User friendly interface that will allow you to setup the processing script by just typing in your site info. No hand coding required.
    • Username and password feature for the script administration page: no one else but you will ever be able to login.
    • FULL error reporting page: it will notify the visitor of all the errors encountered in filling in the form.
    • Thankyou page to let the visitor know that his submission has been successfull and allow him to go on surfing your site.
    • User defined URLs for the Errorpage and the thankyou page
    • User defined folder for the uploaded files (inside the same folder where ABVFP is installed)
    • You can now save your project in the database. If you need to change the settings for a form, you can do it just editing what needs to be edited. You don't need to type everything from scratch.
    • Database storing of the form submitted info: the script will AUTO CREATE the necessary database table, and store the info in it.
    • Installation wizard, that makes software installation as simple as possible. Create a database and a database user, upload the files, provide your details, and the script will be automatically installed.
    • Popup Help windows to guide you through the installation and the setting up of the forms.
    • Support for multiple forms per page. The old version could only process one form per page.
    • Support also for non VH users: since the script is a collection of html and php files, you can simply upload it on your server and it will work.
    • Captcha validation (Yes! that small number and character image that you have to read and type before you can proceed!)
    Please note that ABVFPv2.1 will process ANY form that uses the POST method, not only the ones built with Blue Voda. It will process forms built in Frontpage, Dreamweaver. or any other site builder or html editor, as well as hand coded html and php forms. Furthermore, if you have more than one domains in your account, ABVFP will process ALL your forms, in ALL your domains, and will redirect correctly the visitor back to a thankyou page, that can be separately customized for EVERY form/domain. Error pages can also be independently customized for each form/domain. Just include the correct path to the pages, and ABVFP will take care of the rest.

ABVFPv2.1 consists in a collection of html and php files that you simply upload on a dedicated folder on your site. As such, it will run on ANY site that is conform to the minimum requirements which are PHP (4.0 or higher) and MySQL (4.1.21 or higher) support.

Extras: Downloadable Word file with the tutorial, for offline work. Full instructions on how to upload the software on your site, how to install and use it, how to customize or create your own Thankyou page and Error page.

Download the new ABVFP now and have fun!

Please note that this is a new thread, but it is not different from the original Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor thread. That thread grew too much, so a new thread was started just to make things easier for those that want help or clarifications.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Default Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor 2

Good stuff!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Just the job, and your right, the original thread had grown far to big...........

Default Captcha

I am having difficulty getting the captcha image box to appear on my forms when i publish the following pages:

http://www.sprintflyer.com/order.php
    http://www.sprintflyer.com/contact.php
    http://www.sprintflyer.com/jobs.php

All that appears in it's place is the alternative text.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks

http://www.sprintflyer.com/order.php/ABVFP/captcha.php is whatyou have typed as captcha location, which is obviously wrong. Type the correct path to the captcha script.

I could not evan find the path to ABVFP.

Also the form action is wrong
    Navaldesign
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Ok, thanks for pointing this out, i think i've made the corrections, re-published, but captcha image still not appearing

http://www.sprintflyer.com/order.php
    http://www.sprintflyer.com/contact.php
    http://www.sprintflyer.com/jobs.php

could it be a browser issue?

Rez, did you install ABVFP ? if yes, where ?
    There is no ABVFP folder in your site, so neither the captcha will ever appear, nor the form will send the info anywhere.
    Navaldesign

I installed ABVFP for my main domain - http://www.swiftsaleproperty.com
    Maybe i was wrong to assume it would also work for my addon domain - http://www.sprintflyer.com ?

Do i need to download and install ABVFP a second time for my addon domain?

Does this also mean that the Formid's i've created in the ABVFP control panel also need to migrate to a new ABVFP control panel?

Sorry for the confusion, Thanks for your help.

Also, will ABVFP allow a form to process multiple file uploads on one submission?

ABVFP can work for all your domains, but under specific conditions:

1. Create a folder named ABVFP in your addon domain.
    2. Download, from the main site, the file dbts_ABVFP_config.php in your computer.
    3. Upload this file into the Addon domain ABVFP folder.
    4. Upload in the same folder also the files captcha.php, verdana.ttf and dbts_abvfp.php. You can find these files in the ABVFP zip

At this point you can go on exactly as you have done. There is no need for a second installation. And the Control Panel of the main domain installation will handle also the addon domain forms with the same Formid's.

Yes, ABVFP will perform multiple uploads.
    Navaldesign

Thanks Naval, I did it slightly differently from how you said - I went into cP file manager and copied the files across from public_html/ABVFP to public_html/sprintflyer.com/ABVFP - it appears to have worked, hope this is ok.

Only thing is, i could not find the file named verdana.ttf, can you tell me where it is?

Some time ago the captcha.php and the font file (that initially was Jokerman.TTF) were changed in order to use an easier fornt, verdana.ttf.

If you want to use the one you already have then upload Jokerman.TTF

If you want to change to verdana, you need to download ABVFP again. Replace captcha.php with the new one, and upload verdana.ttf into both ABVFP folders.
    Navaldesign

Great, thanks Naval, captcha now appearing.

However there are some new problems:

1)On submitting the form here I get this error:

Warning: include(dbts_ABVFP_errorpage.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mypassword/public_html/sprintflyer.com/ABVFP/dbts_abvfp.php on line 37

Warning: include(dbts_ABVFP_errorpage.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mypassword/public_html/sprintflyer.com/ABVFP/dbts_abvfp.php on line 37

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'dbts_ABVFP_errorpage.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mypassword/public_html/sprintflyer.com/ABVFP/dbts_abvfp.php on line 37

2) The form here works, but i do not receive the email containing the entered information.

3) The form here also works through to the thankyou page, but i do not receive the email

Email i have sent from other addresses has shown up in the account the form should be sending info to, so it must be something else.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rez View Post
    1)On submitting the form here I get this error:

You are right, you need to also upload the file dbts_ABVFP_errorpage.php
    This file is not needed if the form setup is correct, it is only required in order to display errors in the form setup process. When you upload it, it will report your error.

As for the rest, if the script takes you to the thank you page, it is not an issue of ABVFP but something else like: mistyped email address, email blocked by your ISP or by your own email client, or something like that. Search also in your spam folder.

If everything fails, use an email address within your own domain name, and look at your webmail to see if it reaches there. If it does, the proble lies, as said, with your ISP blocking the mail for some reason.
    Navaldesign

Great, all forms now working through to thankyou page.

I'm having a little trouble working out what the email problem is though..

The email account the submitted data should go to is working ok, and is within my addon domain - sprintflyer.com.

In my ABVFP cP, the configured email address is correct and spelt correctly, and the formid is correct.

When i send email from my Yahoo email address to the sprintflyer.com email address that the form data should go to, it shows up straight away.

One thing i noticed was that in the ABVFP cP > Your Form URL: field, i have entered - http://www.sprintflyer.com/order.php ..... php extension because the page has a form on it... but in the tutorial, the URL in this field has an html extension... could this be the reason?

Thanks

Additionally, i should mention that i have set up all email accounts for both my domains - swiftsaleproperty.com and sprintflyer.com - in Google Apps, as described in this thread, meaning all my email for these domains is ponting at Googles servers, could this be the reason i receive no email on form submission?

Yes, that COULD be the reason.

Google has severe spam filters, and might be blocking the mails.
    PHP or HTML is not important with ABVFP
    Navaldesign

is there a way to edit the email that the users will receive? I want to insert an image in to the actual email that is sent. Is there a specific html file that i can edit to insert this?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by krio View Post
    is there a way to edit the email that the users will receive? I want to insert an image in to the actual email that is sent. Is there a specific html file that i can edit to insert this?

Thank you
    ABVFP sends text emails, so here is no way 8without editing the script) to send an image, as this requires HTML email.
    Navaldesign

I am having the same issue with the captcha images that REZ posted. I have looked over the forums for any answers, and checked my code multiple times.

The link to my form is www.familyfunbank.com/newsletter_signup.php. Anyone have an idea as to what I am doing wrong here. I can't see the captcha images on my form or the contact form template from ABVFP.

I have noticed I get an error symbol at the bottom of the page, it is the only page I get it on.

Yours seems to be another issue: seems like the file verdana.ttf (the font file necessary to create the captcha image) is corrupted or with wrong permissions. Check it .
    Navaldesign

Naval,

You were right (as always), I had uploaded and overwritten the file a couple of times before which didn't work. This time I deleted the verdana file, then uploaded it again. Thanks, that was driving me crazy!

By the way, thanks for your contributions to this forum, you always have the answer.

I cannot process the form. The form has not been correctly setup. !

This is what I got after testing the form I created. I checked the form & went to the admin page, I think everything's fine & filled out. I may have missed something, please help.

Probably you have mistaken the "Formid" hidden field name or value. A link to the form please ?
    Navaldesign

Formid - 2

btw, I didn't check the "use built-in form processor..." in my form properties, is that ok?

here's the link:
    http://www.ovalotraveltours.com/contact.html

Of course it is correct NOT to check the "Use built in form processor" if you want to use ABVFP.

Your form seems correct, are you sure that you have it set up as Form Nr 2 in the ABVFP control panel ?

If not, change the Formid value in the form, to whatever the correct value is.
    Navaldesign

Yes its Nr 2.

I clicked "No" for this "Do you want the info to be stored in a Database Table ?"

And "Yes" for this "Create automatically Database Table ?" since there's no other choice because "No" radio button is not in the admin page.

Is that ok?

Another question, does the form has to be .php? That's what someone suggested from another thread.

Yes, that's ok.

No, the form doesn't need to be php if you use ABVFP.

The only reason ABVFP will give this error message is if it can't retrieve the form settings from the database. Again, this can only happen if there is a problem with the settings for that Formid.

I would need to access your account to see what might be wrong.
    If you wish, send me your details through my contact form.
    Navaldesign

Hi, I just tested it now and it's working! Wow I have no idea what happened. Thank you very much.

Question Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor 2

Hi,

I'm pretty new in bluevoda and are complately lost regarding form creation. I have managed to create a simple contact form in BV but now I want to create a form for uploading files and have difficulties with it. I have dwnloaded and installed Advance BlueVoda Form Processor and created a form there.

The form was succesfully created but I don't understad how to insert it on my page. In the message I get on the last step who inform me that the form was correctly memorized says:

"please remember that you need to set the form action to be "dbts_abvfp.php", and the value of the hidden field set to be the same as the Form ID number that appears here"

And I don't know where or how to do it. I hope you can help me.

Thank you,
    Gloria

ABVFP doesn't create forms, it processes them

Create the form in BV and set the action as per instructions included in the zip you downloaded.
    Navaldesign

Thank you for answering. Now I understand what I'm doing and it's work!

Thanks a lot!

Dear Reader,
    Have a question! Used form wizard in bv, but the error page does not seem to work. I like to set it so that files bigger than 3 MB can not be uploaded. I have succespage and errorpage everything is done but if i take a 5MB file is still goes to succespage! How can i change this problem?
    Best regards.

Are you processing the form with ABVFP ? If yes, please post a link to the form.
    Navaldesign

Quote Originally Posted by navaldesign View Post
    Are you processing the form with ABVFP ? If yes, please post a link to the form.
    I used the wizard form in bv!

I used bluevoda form wizard!

This is what you mean? Thanks for trying to help

http://www.acquisit.nl/inschrijven.html

and

http://www.acquisit.nl/contactformulier.html

many thanks in advance

Well is there still somebody?

Since you have posted in the ABVFP thread, i was induced to believe that you have used <ABVFP.

Anway, i don't know HOW you are processing the forms! I mean, your pages are html, whilst the built in form processor requires the forms to be published as php.

At this point i can't even understand HOW you are receiving mails and files from your form!! It seems impossible to me.

And, i can't even understand what is . that hidden field "hidden" name="filesize" value="1" . It should be 1024 to allow 1 MB (1024 KB = 1 MB)
    Navaldesign

Hi there! Thank you so much for providing this script for everyone! You've done a great job with explaining exactly how to configure and install as well as how to use it. So thanks a bunch for that!

I only have one question. I built a form on my site using BV (you can see it here at www.start-fresh-credit.com/credit-repair-services.php#consultationrequest) before installing your script, and my form fields will NOT tab from field to field in order. Also, (after testing it) when submitted to me by email, the fields were not in order. Why is this?

I haven't changed it yet, after installing your script. In fact, I'm still configuring the form I've already created in BV to use your script. So I don't know if that'll make a difference or not. But I was just hoping that you could shed some light on this for me. Your help is greatly appreciated, thank you!
    Yusheeka Davis - Credit Report and Score Expert Providing Free Credit Report Audits
    http://www.start-fresh-credit.com

The order you receive the field values is the same that you created the fields.

This is valid not only with ABVFP but with any form processor.

To edit the order: Right click the field you want first, and select Bring to Front. Repeat with the second field, down to the end. Do the same also for your submit and reset buttons
    Save, Publish, Refresh your browser before testing.
    Navaldesign

Okay, will do, thank you! Another question ...

I've installed ABVFP and was trying to use it with the current form I had already built with BV. However, it seems as though my form isn't passing the validation or something. I must be doing something wrong because after entering data into all the fields, the form keeps taking me to my error page, a custom error page I made. Can you please help me with this - anyone? I really need to get these forms working properly as I've had people completing the feedback form but I can't even see their answers. Whaaaa!

Your help, again, is greatly appreciated!
    Yusheeka Davis - Credit Report and Score Expert Providing Free Credit Report Audits

Any answers to this questions? Pleeeease! I've temporarily reformatted the forms to use BV's built in processor but I really want to use the ABVFP processor because the CPanel autoresponder isn't working correctly and I dont know how to fix it ...

Anwers PLEASE - Anyone! Thanks a bunch!

To be able to help you, you must provide more info. WHAT error message you have been recieving from ABVFP ?
    Navaldesign

There was no error received from ABVFP. Whenever I completed the form, it just kept sending me to my custom error page which doesn't give a specific reason for the error. But I made absolute sure that every filled was accurately completed. Any ideas?

However, I'm now using the BV built in processor and the CPanel Autoresponder. The CPanel autoresponder sends both the notification email AND the AR message to the same admin email address. Why is this and how can I fix it?

i would just like to know if i can add a comment box to my site using bluevoda forms where visitors can leave their comments which can be viewed on the page. If not can someone assist me in this regard

Quote Originally Posted by dmix View Post
    i would just like to know if i can add a comment box to my site using bluevoda forms where visitors can leave their comments which can be viewed on the page. If not can someone assist me in this regard
    You can use the BV built in guestbox, simpifying it to suit your needs.

This is your first post so this is understandable, but in the future please start a new thread regarding your issue instead of posting in a titally irrelevant thread.

I will move this to a thread of its own in a few minutes.
    Navaldesign

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRA View Post
    There was no error received from ABVFP. Whenever I completed the form, it just kept sending me to my custom error page which doesn't give a specific reason for the error. But I made absolute sure that every filled was accurately completed. Any ideas?
    I'm having the same problem here:
    http://www.ovalotraveltours.com/contactPhil.html

Please help!

Did you add, in the error page, Start of Page, the necessary code ?
    Open the BV errorpage that comes with the zip, and check the code in Start of Page.
    Navaldesign

I have just had Navel download ABVFP to one of my sites and format the contact pages. It works perfectly and has stopped my spam dead.
    It would have taken me days to figure it all out and frustrated my efforts to move on with the upgrade of my site.
    Based on past experience I know that I have saved myself a lot of time, and time is money!
    I fully recommend having him do the work for you and then duplicating his work for your other sites. This is a cheap solution and worth every penny.
    Thanks Navel for all your hard work!
    MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
    Mobile Hair & Beauty Treatments, Costa del Sol, Spain
    www.princess-bride.co.uk
    Bridal hair and make-up service, Costa del Sol, Spain

Ok I think I found something here in BV error page:

<?php
    session_start();
    $error = $_SESSION[error];
    ?>

and this is the code in my error page:

<?php
    session_start();
    $error = $_SESSION[‘error’];
    ?>

there are quotes (' ') in error, could this be the culprit?

Not really , quotes were important for older versions of php.

Did you give your error page text area the initial value:

<? echo $error;?>

????
    Navaldesign

BTW, I'm using 2 contact forms and this one works after clicking 'submit':
    http://www.ovalotraveltours.com/contact.html

but this one gives me the error page after submitting:
    http://www.ovalotraveltours.com/contactPhil.html

and there's only one error page in the site. could this be also an issue?

No, it can't be an issue, only one error page is required.

This could be an issue that has not been though of when designing the software logic, BUT i can't know what that might be. I would need to enter your account to debug it
    Navaldesign

Quote Originally Posted by navaldesign View Post
    Not really , quotes were important for older versions of php.

Did you give your error page text area the initial value:

<? echo $error;?>
    This what I got:

<?php echo $error; ?>

How do I PM the details?

You can use the contact form on my site.
    Navaldesign

Sent it.

Received, i will have a look during the day
    Navaldesign

Hi Naval,
    I have put a new ABVFP contact page on this site. www.lorissecrets.co.uk/contact_me.php The page is working, but on submission I keep getting an, "Illegal form submission" message. I have looked at everything and can&#180;t see what is wrong. Can you have a look at it when you have time, Thanks,
    MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
    www.princess-bride.co.uk

The only reason why ABVFP would give this error is that you have a difference between the actual page URL and what you have typed in ABVFP, OR wrong Formid (the hidden field)

It might simply be a missing www or missing http://
    Navaldesign

I will check it out.
    Thanks Naval.
    MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
    www.princess-bride.co.uk

Hello Naval,

Sorry to bother you, my error page is not working every time i click submit (no filling blanks) i get this message intead of showing my error page:

Error = The field Name is missing ! The field Service_Requested is missing ! The field Phone is missing ! The field Email is missing !
    Errorpage = http://www.soscleaningsolutions.com/error_page.php

I cannot find what I am doing wrong, I checked www and http:// they are ok, I checked URL with ABVFP they are the same, I checked Formid it is ok.
    Can you please take a look when you have time.

Thanks so much.

Steve
    www.soscleaningsolutions.com

Hi Naval,
    Guess what? you were right as always! I forgot to change the contact page to php in ABVFP.
    Thanks again.
    Regards,
    MARK6110

www.lorissecrets.co.uk
    www.princess-bride.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stv View Post
    my error page is not working every time i click submit (no filling blanks) i get this message intead of showing my error page:

Error = The field Name is missing ! The field Service_Requested is missing ! The field Phone is missing ! The field Email is missing !
    Errorpage = http://www.soscleaningsolutions.com/error_page.php
    Sorry, this seems to be my mistake. The last one i uploaded gives the error directly on the screen instead of sending to the error page.

Please download again and replace the file dbts_abvfp.php . This is the buggy one.
    Navaldesign

Hi Naval design,

Thanks for your help, i have a new problem, when I click submit (no filling blanks) it shows my error page and this is the messege i get:

There has been an unknown error during Form Table creation. Invalid Query = CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `_Form_Nr_2` (`Record_Nr` INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY, `name` VARCHAR(30), `service_requested` VARCHAR(60), `phone` VARCHAR(30), `comments` VARCHAR(500), `postal_code` VARCHAR(30), `email` , `city` VARCHAR(30), `address` VARCHAR(60), `Submission_Date` VARCHAR (20),`timestamp` VARCHAR (30),`IP_Address` VARCHAR (15) ) ENGINE = myisam ;: Please contact support at ????@dbtechnosystems.com.

Now I have a second form call job application should I save it as php as well?

Thanks again

Steve

Hm.... Is that your contact form ? I just went through it and i have had no issues...

Usually the above error occurs when more than one fields of your form have the same name.
    Navaldesign

I am planning on downloading ABVFP but just had a quick question that I didn't see on the list of features.

Is it possible to have a preview page come up before someone submits information and photos with ABVFP or do I need to use FormMaker Pro?

I know that the Blue Voda form wizard doesn't do it, unless that's what the event tab is for but I know nothing about that as there are no tutorials that I have found about using the event tabs.

Thanks for any info.

Hi naval,

Thanks for your help, I checked all the fields and all of them have different names, this is the thing when i first go to my contact page and click submit ( no filling blanks) it shows me this:
    The field Email is missing !
    The field Name is missing !
    The field Service_Requested is missing !
    The field Phone is missing !

Now if i click back and click submit again (no filling blanks) it shows me this:
    There has been an unknown error during Form Table creation. Invalid Query = CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `_Form_Nr_2` (`Record_Nr` INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY, `comments` VARCHAR(500), `email` , `name` VARCHAR(30), `address` VARCHAR(60), `postal_code` VARCHAR(30), `service_requested` VARCHAR(60), `city` VARCHAR(30), `phone` VARCHAR(30), `Submission_Date` VARCHAR (20),`timestamp` VARCHAR (30),`IP_Address` VARCHAR (15) ) ENGINE = myisam ;: Please contact support at info@?????????.com.

Any ideas why is this happening?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

I can see what the problem is, though i don't understand WHY it happens.

If you wish, pls use my contact form to send me your login details so i can fix it.

You might have encountered a bug in the code which i would like to find and fix.
    Navaldesign

Hi stv,

It is ok now, i have fixed it. Thank you for discovering a (logical) bug in the code.
    Navaldesign

Hi Naval,

Thanks for your help, it works good.

Thanks again

Steve

Cool Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor 2

Is it possible to do some calculations within a form for instance -shopping for items and doing the calculation automatically within the form

Regards
    a

ABVFP is a form processor, so it does no calculations. You will need to create your own script, either using Javascript or Ajax (these two without refreshing the page) or with php after the form is submitted (page refreshing) to display the results.
    Navaldesign

Hi Naval it's me again. I created a new form from an existing one. I'm getting this 404 error after submitting. Did I miss something?

BTW, I checked the formid5 and it's the same as I have in the ABVFP admin page.

404 means that ABVFP can't find either the thankyou page or the error page.

If it was the Formid to be mistaken, you would recieve a "Illegal Form Submission" or a "The form has not been correctlt setup" message.

Check the URLs you have typed in the thank you page and error page fields.
    Navaldesign

Actually they're in the right place. This is the error I got:

Not Found
    The requested URL /dbts_abvfp.php was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Without a link to your form it is very hard that i can see anything. From the error message which you posted now i understand that probably you have set wrong the form "action".

Open the working form page in BV and copy the action from there.
    Navaldesign

The action is dbts_abvfp.php

and I'm still getting the error message

A link to the form please ?
    Navaldesign

Red face Re: Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor 2

Quote Originally Posted by Anton Joubert View Post
    Is it possible to do some calculations within a form for instance -shopping for items and doing the calculation automatically within the form

Regards
    a
    I have installed ABVFP at www.emeter.uk.com/ABVFP/ What seems to be the problem - it only shows the index of all the files in the folder. Please help!

Already sent Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Anton Joubert View Post
    I have installed ABVFP at www.emeter.uk.com/ABVFP/ What seems to be the problem - it only shows the index of all the files in the folder. Please help!
    In the zip you have downloaded, there is an "index" page, which you obviously didn't upload.

Upload it in the ABVFP folder so that the script can work properly.

However you have missed other files too, like dbts_ABVFP_admin2.php, dbts_ABVFP_loggin, and probably others (I didn't check further)

Make sure all files are uploaded or the script won't work.
    Navaldesign

Hi Naval, yup it's a domain issue. Now it's working, thanks a lot!

Hi Naval,

I'm using Dreamweaver CS4 to build my websites. I have a question if you don't mind.

1. In Dreamweaver now, there is a built in AJAX library which contains form validation. Using AJAX to validate form and combining your form processor wouldn't hurt right?

2. If Dreamweaver provides me with AJAX validation (I use it because it shows errors on the spot and uses a great JavaScript effects to do that which I like). So in this case, if I skip the validation steps in your processor, would everything works just fine?

Thanks in Advance
    The Producer

1.No oblem at all.
    2. Ajax validation is based on a Javascript so it can be overiden. So i suggest that you use both the Ajax validation of DW AND the php validation system of ABVFP
    Navaldesign

Hi Naval,

1. Thanks for the response, you mean overiden by hacked/spammed?
    2. And to use the PHP validation, I will have to create the error page right?
    3. But the AJAX of DW doesn't allow the form to submit unless all Fields are valid, and the control of contents written in the field and value is as controlled as your processor - unless if question "1" occurs to be positive.

What you think?

Thanks again
    The Producer

1. If a whatever user (hacker or not) has Javascript disabled in his computer, the Ajax validation (which is based on Javascript for the HTTPRequest) will fail.

So, a spammer will be able to send you tons of spam. That's why i suggested using BOTH validation systems.

2- To use the php validation as built in in ABVFP, you need to create the error page AND correctly name the fields according to the ABVFP validation system (see ABVFP Manual)

3. As said: with Javascript disbled, this validation is disabled. Please note that MANY people (not only spammers and hackers, but normal users as well) have Javascript disabled.
    Navaldesign

YES,

I can't believe I didn't think of that, thank you so much, you're absolutely right.

-----

Now, just knowledge question:

I know Captcha stops the Auto fillers etc from submitting the forms automatically.

the main thing that prevents hackers and spammers from playing up with the forms, is it the Validation?

Thanks again
    The Producer

No, validation is the process of examining each field to see if the content complies with what it is expected to be. An email field content is checked to see if it has a valid email address format, a numeric field is checked to see if the content is a number and so on.

So in example, if you disallow links (http://www......) ina comments area, the spammer can't post there a series of links (as they usually do)

The captcha instead is a method to distinguish humans from machines (bots) that can fill in your form automatically and send you spam.

A secure form requires combination of many features. Captcha, Javascript (or Ajax) validation, PHP validation, etc.
    Navaldesign

It makes total sense, like always :)

Now a question about the processor if you don't mind

Should I build my form in my website first and then do the necessary things in the processor, then upload my website to the server or what's the steps to take?

Thanks again.
    The Producer

1. Create your form, as you like it. The only requirement if you want to use ABVFP is to name the fields according to the ABVFP field name extension system, in order to take advantage of ABVFP's validation. You should also add the necessary hidden field, if you already know what the form ID will be. See manual for instructions.
    2. Go in your ABVFP control panel and setup the form. IF, by anycase, the FormID that ABVFP displays is different from the one you added in the form as hidden field, after you are done here, edit the form hidden field and publish again.
    Navaldesign

Hi
    I did try to recreate "errorpage" for 'Advanced Blue Voda Form Processor' so it looks like my site pages. Page did show but no specific errors display inside the box, I would like to use file in zip of ABVFP.v2 but
    I am using bv-11 not bv-10.2 and I can't open errorpage.bvp from zip file. (I could only use publisched erropage saved in html and imported in VodaHost program) I don't know how to ceate that box forr errors it must have some script??
    I copy in directory file I created http://www.modelszoo.com/ABVFP and renamed file http://www.modelszoo.com/ABVFP/errorpage_eva.php ,you can look what I did. Can you send me file created in vb-11 (errorpage.bvp) I can use or how I can created that box which should be with pasted in “<?php echo $error; ?> ” I put back error page created by DBTechnosystems for now. I am building site now and will need to be able change it (updated). Please help me.
    Thank you Eva

BV 11 is still beta and has issues, that's why it won't open (sometimes) pages created with BV 10.

Anyway, to create the error page from scratch, please use the instructions in the ABVFP manual. Posting them again here is meaningless, as it it mush moredetailed (and with images) in the manual.
    Navaldesign

Hi Navaldesign
    , I did use that manual but that box which looks like Inline frame have
    different property if I use your error page evrything is working
    here is my temp page I created http://www.modelszoo.com/ABVFP/errorpage_my.php
    Can you please check it. Do you thing that I should go back to BV 10?
    If so will I have a problems with Log in pages.
    I am new in all this and thanks to you I figure out a lot.
    You are great thank you
    my site is http://www.modelszoo.com
    You are great thank you
    Eva

You can use BV 10 to create the errorpage and only that, if you wish.

If the error doesn't display, you have either NOT added the necessary code in the text area (initial value) OR you have not pasted the necessary code in the Start of Page.

I can't see anything from your page, php code is not visible in the page code.
    Navaldesign

Hi,
    I am sorry tu bug you again

In box I put <?php echo $error; ?>
    and in start of the page
    <?php
    session_start();
    $error = $_SESSION[‘error’];
    ?>

Page show up but without inside error mesages
    Thank you Eva

<?php
    session_start();
    $error = $_SESSION['error'];
    ?>

Please copy / paste the code from here, your quotes in 'error' are the ones Word ads (which are not correctly interpreted by PHP)
    Navaldesign

Hi Navaldesign,
    Thank you very much, you are great. I am learning from you by reading all your posts.
    I just test it and it is working now.
    Thank you Eva

Hi Navaldesign,
    I have other question. In my form I have File Upload for pictures.
    Up to what size of file could be uploaded. I know that in ABVFP manual
    show 200 KB, how I can increase size? I changed number in form set up but I don’t thing that did make any difference.
    Thank you Eva

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information