Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor is with us since September 2006. It has been, in the meantime, downloaded and installed by nearly 3000 users. It has evolved, improved, and soon a new version with more features will be released.
However, since July 2008 BlueVoda has a built in Form Wizard and Form Processor. The later was writen by DB Technosystems (me, hehe!) and is a subset of the ABVFP full script. The built in Form Processor will suit MOST cases, with a good security level and excellent features (multiple uploads, multiple selection listboxes, a basic error reporting system). Please refer to the How to create a form using the Form Wizard , How to create a form from scratch , and How to edit a form tutorials to see how you can create a form and how you can process it using the Built in Form Processor.
ABVFP has all the features of BlueVoda's built in Form Processor, plus the below...
php validation other than basic level one
enhanced security checks
This is where ABVFP is unique in its kind.
You can still build your Form using the Form Wizard, and SIMPLY CHANGE THE FORM ACTION so it can be processed by ABVFP. Detailed instructions are included in the ABVFP zip.
Please Download it from this location .
Here are the main features of ABVFP v2.1:
Please note that ABVFPv2.1 will process ANY form that uses the POST method, not only the ones built with Blue Voda. It will process forms built in Frontpage, Dreamweaver. or any other site builder or html editor, as well as hand coded html and php forms. Furthermore, if you have more than one domains in your account, ABVFP will process ALL your forms, in ALL your domains, and will redirect correctly the visitor back to a thankyou page, that can be separately customized for EVERY form/domain. Error pages can also be independently customized for each form/domain. Just include the correct path to the pages, and ABVFP will take care of the rest.
- Required fields checking.
- Validation of the fields (email, numeric field, field length, allowing or not for http:// , www. and @ symbol to be included)
- Multifile upload, with max size specified by the user.
- Attachments: you will receive the uploaded files directly on your desktop with the email that you will receive.
- Multiple owner email addresses: the script will now send multiple emails, to the specified owner email addresses. The first one, will be used as the "reply to" address for the autoresponder message.
- Option to have your email address included or not in the autoresponder message. If not, a " email@example.com " address will appear.
- Multiple choice field processing.
- Customizable mail subject.
- Customizable multiline email header and footer. Autoresponder with customizable header, footer, subject and "From:" field. Built in security measures against automatic bot submission and / or mass spam submission using your script.
- Single "action" file for all your forms. It will process ALL your forms.
- User friendly interface that will allow you to setup the processing script by just typing in your site info. No hand coding required.
- Username and password feature for the script administration page: no one else but you will ever be able to login.
- FULL error reporting page: it will notify the visitor of all the errors encountered in filling in the form.
- Thankyou page to let the visitor know that his submission has been successfull and allow him to go on surfing your site.
- User defined URLs for the Errorpage and the thankyou page
- User defined folder for the uploaded files (inside the same folder where ABVFP is installed)
- You can now save your project in the database. If you need to change the settings for a form, you can do it just editing what needs to be edited. You don't need to type everything from scratch.
- Database storing of the form submitted info: the script will AUTO CREATE the necessary database table, and store the info in it.
- Installation wizard, that makes software installation as simple as possible. Create a database and a database user, upload the files, provide your details, and the script will be automatically installed.
- Popup Help windows to guide you through the installation and the setting up of the forms.
- Support for multiple forms per page. The old version could only process one form per page.
- Support also for non VH users: since the script is a collection of html and php files, you can simply upload it on your server and it will work.
- Captcha validation (Yes! that small number and character image that you have to read and type before you can proceed!)
ABVFPv2.1 consists in a collection of html and php files that you simply upload on a dedicated folder on your site. As such, it will run on ANY site that is conform to the minimum requirements which are PHP (4.0 or higher) and MySQL (4.1.21 or higher) support.
Extras: Downloadable Word file with the tutorial, for offline work. Full instructions on how to upload the software on your site, how to install and use it, how to customize or create your own Thankyou page and Error page.
Download the new ABVFP now and have fun!
Please note that this is a new thread, but it is not different from the original Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor thread. That thread grew too much, so a new thread was started just to make things easier for those that want help or clarifications.