Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tell A Friend Script

Default Re: Tell A Friend Script

Is there any way I can share my work so far with my sister in another state? I've tried copying the pages and emailing them to her but she can't open them. She was going to help me with the design and give suggestions. Does she have to download Blue Voda and if she does, can she then access my work so far? Thanks for your help,
    Sandi
    www.ourenchantedchildren.com

Yes, she can download BV and then she will be able to open the pages. She might have to re-establish the path to the images.

Please open new threads about your issues, this thread (as any other existing) is for a a different subject.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to open a new thread.

Find the proper category for your question. At the top left you will see the new thread button.

If you are in the right category however if you look through the posts already there before posting you may well find the answer you seek.
    Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

The script works great!

However I cannot open up the ATF.PHP form page in BV, I had to upload itthrough FTP. The questio I have is when somebody puts in there name email and then there friends name and e-mail, how do I get that info? The whole pupose of haveing a form like that is to see who is submitting leads and captureing prospects? I would assume an email address needs to be put in the PHP page somewhere, and I do I do it?

I tested the form and it did send the email to the friends email adress, but where do I as the web designer get that info sent to me?

Quote Originally Posted by 1alvinnewton View Post
    The script works great!

However I cannot open up the ATF.PHP form page in BV, I had to upload itthrough FTP. The questio I have is when somebody puts in there name email and then there friends name and e-mail, how do I get that info? The whole pupose of haveing a form like that is to see who is submitting leads and captureing prospects? I would assume an email address needs to be put in the PHP page somewhere, and I do I do it?

I tested the form and it did send the email to the friends email adress, but where do I as the web designer get that info sent to me?
    The TAF script is NOT for you to collect email addresses, it is for site visitors to let some of their friends know about your website. So it only sends the email to the "friend".

Also, the TAF.php file is NOT intended for opening in BV (read the instructions) but only for uploading to the site. It is the php script that processes the mail request
    Navaldesign
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Thank you,

By the way this script is Awsome!!!

Question Re: Tell A Friend Script

Hi all,

I must be dumb. I downloaded The TAF file and found it in my computer. Now I go and try and open them in BV and all I get is a blank page with that box asking to open in new window or existing page, I can't figure out what to do am I missing something. I have spent the last 2 days trying this and I can not get anywhere.
    Please can someone help. I'm missing something, I just know it.

Best Regards

Chuck
    www.grumpyscountrystore.com Still a work in progress.

www.yourwaterfountains.com Also am still working on it.

Only open the pages with the .bvp extension. The others, which are php need to be uploaded on the site. Please follow the instructions included in the Word Tutorial included in the zip.
    Navaldesign

Quote Originally Posted by navaldesign View Post
    You do not have a script problem, you have a form problem. You have modified the "Tell a friend" button. It is no longer a submitbutton, but it has become a "On click" button, linked directly to the "thanku_tell.html" Page. The info is not evan submitted to the script, when you click on "Tell a friend" you go straight to the Thanktou page.

The same goes for the Reset button: it doesn't reset, you have also made it a "On click" button, with it's action set to refresh the page. It does reset, but because it reloads the page.

Also, both buttons are OUTSIDE the form area, this is why initially they didn't work, then you started touching here and there.

Also change the metatags; Page description, keywords, Author etc: they result to be still mine (as you have downloaded my original script and didn't edit these elements)
    Plese follow these steps:

1. open the page in Bv.
    2. stretch the form area towards the bottom of the page, enough to have the buttons inside the form.
    3. Copy the two buttons.
    4. Delete them
    5. Paste them using the Paste icon in the top toolbar (this way they will be pasted excactly in the same position).
    6. Double click on the Reset button, and edit it: make it "reset" instead of "On click"
    7. Do the same with the submit button, make it "Submit" instead of "On click"
    Save, Publish and try your form

HEY NAVALDESIGN
    THANK YOU THATS REALLY GREAT BUT I CAN NOT FIND THE TAF.PHP IN THE ZIP :( WHERE IT IS?
    Feyza

www.sesan.org
    Self Representing Art Workers

Quote Originally Posted by feyza View Post
    HEY NAVALDESIGN
    THANK YOU THATS REALLY GREAT BUT I CAN NOT FIND THE TAF.PHP IN THE ZIP :( WHERE IT IS?
    Sorry, but i don't have a solution for this. The TAF.php is included in the zip, i don't know why your's doesn't have it. I suggest that you download the zip again.
    Navaldesign

What do you mean "then went to tellafriend.php location " ? the script should only be accessed by the form, not directly. Please post here the URL of the tell a friend page so i can have a look.

Navaldesign,
    I just did what you wrote above step by step. The form seems to work properly but whenever fill the form and cliick on tell a friend ALWAYS ther's the error message...The e-mail's are right and everything. I dont know why...Plz give me an opinion...
    Feyza

www.sesan.org

Please provide a link to your Tell a Friend button. I could not locate it in your site
    Navaldesign

Red face Re: Tell A Friend Script

Please post here the URL to your page with the TAF form. Are you sure you have uploaded all files, and given your email address in the script ?

Hey Naval Design,
    I did quite well with the "Tell a friend script"..BUT as my first language is Turkish I want to fix something in the form. As I send an e-mail it starts with "HI" and ends with "BYE"....I hope you see what I mean...Is it possible to fix it???

THANXXXX
    Feyza

www.sesan.org

Only by opening and editing the TAF.php file.
    Navaldesign

Hi navaldesign,
    I downloaded the TAF script about amonth or so ago, did what I was instructed to do, tested it out on my website and it worked liked a dream!!!. Nice one!!!!!
    I recently finished my website with the 'mail a friend' buttons on all of my pages and now it doesn't work at all???. I can open the form when I click on the buttons, but when I try to send nothing happens. I don't even get error messages if I fill the form in incorrectly. All the files needed are in the folders where they are supposed to be, including the TAF.php file.
    This has really got me confused....I've checked everything so many times and uplaoded and published the files again but I just cannot figure it out.
    Please help.
    Thank you,
    Dave,
    DeStarman
    My homepage is www.destarman.com
    (It is Dutch but the 'mail a friend' button is easily recognisable)

Looks like your submit button is not the form area. make sure the button is fully on the the form grid.

Thanks Alien Dude.
    That was the problem....It looked like the button was inside the form, but I tweaked the settings and BINGO....
    once again
    MANY THANKS.

Best kept secret in Kansas, Wilson, Kansas

Default Tell a friend about THIS page

Hello,, I have implemented the TAF, tell a friend script that can be found at the following link,, provided by Navel.. thanks.. it works great!

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...nd-script.html

Question is: can the code be modified to insert into the link the url of a specific page.. whatever page the user of the taf system is on.??
    It would be very nice for them to guide their friend to a specific page?

If so,,, is there an existing script??
    thanks.. mike
    Kindest of Regards,

Just Mike
    www.treetables.com

Default Re: Tell a friend about THIS page

If your talking about your own site
    why not put the script into an html box
    and then put it on all of the pages that you wish.....I think that would work.

Default Re: Tell a friend about THIS page

Heres an alternative. LINK

Default tell a friend

Hello Naval, can you tell me what i did wrong. with my "tell a friend". the link is:
    www.videopostcards.info/bellavita100.php
    when i hit the tell a friend button the image is not in the box. i have put the images in top left corner and here are the links:
    http://www.videopostcards.info/TAFform.html
    http://www.videopostcards.info/TAFemailerror.html
    http://www.videopostcards.info/TAFreturn.html
    http://www.videopostcards.info/TAFspamerror.html
    thanks again for your help
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Navaldesign

Have just used your Tell A Friend Script, as posted 27feb06, with a Vodahost TAF button. All works fine with the exception of one field background colour issue. You’ll see what I’m referring to when you go to http://www.leopardlike.com/about.html and select the Email a Friend button. As the popup window opens, the Friend’s Email background colour changes. I’ve cut & pasted, set, saved, published, reset, resaved and republished numerous times to try and correct the errors. As a newbie, still cannot easily read/find the problem to correct in the source code. Can you assist?

Rhon

Th epages i provided are BV pages, so the fields background color is set by you when customizing the page. If it changes between your BV page and the published (or previewed) page, it can probably be that you have the Google Autofill feature enabled. It changed the color of fields it recognizes to make you understand that these fields can be autofilled.
    If a visitor DOESN'T have this feature enabled, it will NOT change the colour.background
    Navaldesign

when I submit the tell a friend form I get the spamerror page. I only use @ for the emails but it still give me the error massage. Can you please tell me why? I dont use http or www.

Question disappering taf replies

my taf form pops up fine but the sent confirmation notice does not, neither does the email go out... checked with different emails and they were not received.... please help, what am I doing wrong???
    THANKS!

Hbp, coralstar,

please get used to provide also links to your pages, otherwise it is quite hard that me or anyone else will loose time searching for your website / page.
    Navaldesign

Default Re: tell a friend

Your problem is the link associated to the TAF image. It should be a popup, but it is wrong. Rebuild the link correctly and test.
    Navaldesign

Default Re: tell a friend

i have fixed the problem, thanks

My form work great now, but when I go to my email I cant click the link. I see the link to my site but it can not be clicked. What can I do?

Hi George,

I just installed your TAF, and it works fine. Three questions.
    1) Can the order in which the fields in the TAF form be updated to follow from top to bottom when the TAB key is pressed? Right now the TAB buttons jumps all over the form.

2) When using a hotmail address to send the TAF information to, it is blocked. I can still open up the blocked email, but is there a way to work around this? In your ABVFP software, I was eventually able to get it to send to Hotmail without being blocked by using the correct format in the "Your autoresponder From:" field which consisted of my website url without the http:/www in front of it. (As a sidenote, when I tried the form from your sample page, it also was blocked by Hotmail.)

3) The email that is sent shows the text with the website link, but your cannot click on the link to go to the website. Any fix for this?

As always, thanks for your help!
    Rich
    www.zionsbranch.org

1. Open the Taf form page, right click the first field and select Move to Front. Repeat for all fields in the desired order. Save, Publish, Refresh and test.
    2. That's a Hotmail problem, sorry, i have no solution for this. ABVFP will (probably) be able to overide this, using SMTP authentication.

3. HOW did you type the link ? with the full http://www.domainname.com ?
    Navaldesign

Hi George,

Issue 1) Following your instructions on reordering the fields was very easy and worked great.

Issue 3) I originally had entered the link without the http://, which is the way your example shows. I updated the link to include the http:// and the link now works fine.

Issue 2) When you say ABVFP will (probably) be able to overide this, using SMTP authentication, is that something you are working to modify in the TAF.php file or is there something I can do on my end?

As always, your help is a great service to Blue Voda users!
    Rich
    www.zionsbranch.org

konrad Guest

I have some small adjustments issues to. I have added this button and tab order is screwed when i am trying to fill up my name and email information. Keeps jumping into wrong boxes. How can i adjust that?
    Also in firefox buttons looks stretched out so I' don't see half of the letters. Is that regular problem when it comes to Advanced buttons? please look it up. You will find this icon at the very bottom of the site ( in red ) www.reliableliaison.com/alicja.php

For the TAB order please look 2 posts above yours
    Which buttons are you refering to ?
    Navaldesign

konrad Guest

I was referring to all actually. I made them a bit bigger to see the letters, but if I make em back to original size I see only half of the letters. I replaced submit button. Can't do it with email error "back" button, and "close window" button.
    This only happens in firefox, works fine in int explorer.
    I just made them original size, and i see only blue rectangle.

Hi Konrad

Re not seeing the letters on the buttons I had the same problem but try enlarging the button instead. That should work.

Zimba

Quote Originally Posted by Picture Perfect Totes View Post
    Hello Again. I found the BlueFTP and uploaded my file.
    Now, I'm having trouble with my TAF button page that I downloaded. I already unzipped them and pulled them into BV. When I open the page, there are only boxes with red x's in them. I can't see what the button looks like.
    Can you help me again?

Thanks for all of your help.
    Picture Perfect Totes
    Hi
    I am having the same prob as above but I can't see how it was solved anywhere.I also tried the other buttons listed but when I go into properties on the button to link it it doesn't give me the opportunity to do it.Please help

Cheers

Hi

My name is Fanus. My website's URL is www.headstartconsult.com. I have added a "Tell a friend" button and it works fine. The only problem is that the "Tell a friend" (or "send") button on the form does not display correctly in FireFox - the text on the button is cut off horizontally. (No such problem in IE) I cannot see that it is because of something that I am doing wrong. Can you help me to fix it please?

Regards

Fanus

This is a small bug.

To correct:
    right click the button, select HTML and copy its html code

Drag a html box in your page. Paste the code. Remove from the code the <p> and </p> tags. Make the html box same size as the original button. Delete the button, and place the html box where the button should appear. Save and republish.
    Navaldesign

Hi Naval,

Thank you so much for this script! Your instructions were very easy to follow and is a huge addition to my website. Although, still in the testing and tweaking stages, it looks really good! So Thanks Again!
    Yusheeka Davis - Credit Report and Score Expert Providing Free Credit Report Audits
    http://www.start-fresh-credit.com

i must be the dumbest cookie on this forum!
    i can't even get the popup window to appear.
    the email, spam and return page would appear but no popup
    i surrender

Thank you for the script it works great! Is there any way I can be notified when someone uses it, so I can keep track of numbers?

Hi Naval,

I have successfully used your Tell A Friend script on my first website, www.zionsbranch.org. I recently created an addon domain, www.bountifulquartet.com. For this addon domain, I download the Tell A Friend file over again just in case their were any updates. I have followed all the instructions, and have not made any modifications to 4 pages that are uploaded to the bountifulquartet addon domain. Your TAF.php file was uploaded to the bountifulquartet addon domain via Blue Voda FTP Mananger. My problem is that when I click on the Tell A Friend button, the Tell A Friend window pops up, but I can not type information into all of the fields. Is there something different I have to do with an addon domain to get this to work? The Tell A Friend button is located on www.bountifulquartet.com. Thanks in advance for your help!

I can't type anything in the last field, it works fine with the first , i can focus but not type in the second.

This is due to an incompatibilioty of the new BV11 with older versions.

Simple solution:

Open the TAF page (form). Double click each field, and see if the "Disabled" and "Readonly" checkboxes are chacked. Eventually, check and then uncheck them. Save and publish, refresh your browser to test.
    Navaldesign

As usual, your answers are right on! I really appreciate all your help. Your fix on checking and unchecking the Disabled and Readonly boxes worked perfectly. The form now works as it should.

Thanks Naval!
    Richest
    www.zionsbranch.org
    www.bountifulquartet.com

Hi Naval,

I really like your Tell A Friend script. It works great!

A simple question I hope...can the placement of the pop up Tell A Friend box be adjusted to be centered on the screen? Currently, the box pops up somewhat to the left side of the screen and towards the top in Explorer and at the top left of the screen in Firefox on my laptop.

Thanks again for you assistance!

Richest
    www.zionsbranch.org
    addon domain www.bountifulquartet.com

Lightbulb Re: Tell A Friend Script

Hi Navaldesign,

I can't key in data for both the "Your name" and "Friend's email". Please kindly advice. See http://www.babyandpapa.com/TAFform.html

Thank you.
    Cheers,
    Eric PSF

PapaEric.com
    A Father's Parenting Diary & More...

Pease look at my above answer (4 posts above)
    Navaldesign

Pease look at my above answer (4 posts above)
    Hi navaldesign,

It's work, I can key in entries in all the 4 fields. But I can't received the email after testing it several times. It too didn't direct me to the TAFreturn page after submission and the error page is not working as well?

Please kindly advice further.

Thank you.
    Cheers,
    Eric PSF

PapaEric.com

I can't find your page anymore....
    Navaldesign

I can't find your page anymore....
    Nvm, thanks anyway.
    Cheers,
    Eric PSF

PapaEric.com

I've used the form before and it's worked fine. Now for some reason when I test it with my on email address, it will send the results to my spam folder but it won't redirect me the the TAFreturn page. Any ideas? I've had this happen with other forms I've created as well in the passed. They work one moment and then when republished later, the form will process but never redirects me to the following page.

Thanks!

I tried it and it worked just fine ?
    Navaldesign

Hello,

The form is on my site. It shows but does not send mail to myself. I have inserted my own domain name in the mailbody.

Thank you!

Wink Re: Tell A Friend Script

Quote Originally Posted by jojopara View Post
    The form is on my site. It shows but does not send mail to myself. I have inserted my own domain name in the mailbody.
    Of course it will not email you - it emails the friend you are telling about the site and inviting to visit! Supplying a domain name does nothing ..... it requires an email address.

Simply put, you are better off using one of the more familiar "Sharing" tools offered than using this single function script to promote your website, such as is available from www.AddThis.com or www.wibiya.com.

Both are completely customizable and offer more choices for Visitors to consider to effectively engage with and promote your website, and are thus the proven tools and method you should be focused upon using. Not only can a Visitor email a friend, but they can "Share" the site on Facebook, Google +1, Digg, add the site to their Favorites, and in nearly 100 other ways create a sense of loyalty for your website.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information