Thread: BlueVoda Version 11 - Over 100 New Features & Fixes

Talking BlueVoda Version 11 - Over 100 New Features & Fixes

Greetings All,

After months of hard work, we have just finished BlueVoda Version 11 (BV11). BV11 contains over 100 new features and fixes (we are still working on the tutorials for the new features) Please feel free to download it form the below link. If you any problems or find any bugs, please let us know immediately and we will fix them.

Please Note: BlueVoda 11 is still in its BETA stage and may have a few issues. if you come across any issues. Please post them on this thread and will will fix them immediately.

Click Here - to downalod a PDF explaining the new features

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Armands1991 Guest

Default Re: BlueVoda Version 11 - Over 100 New Features & Fixes

First error: When i go to Banner and press Style, BlueVoda is not responding. It just turns white, and its not possible to press anything + my CPU goes to 100% then

Thanks BV Team,

Loads of great additions... can't wait to play more.

Is there a bug report as I can't open my ABVFP form pages which worked fine in BV10? "Unexpected file format" and if I select all on the .html page which I've imported from the net, BV crashes.

Hello again. Please disregard my last post - I found the slide show feature. It is the conveyor belt slide. Sorry that I didn't pay closer attention.

I've been looking through the features of BV 11, which seem to be such an improvement. I especially like Word Art, as before I was using the Logo text feature.

I have found a couple of other things that you might want to know about.
    Hope you don't mind me mentioning them.

I discovered that the rotating Banner feature will be more suitable for my header than the slide show as I want a fade in-out effect. However, in my test the fade effect only worked in Firefox and was showing just as a regular slide in I.E. Also in Firefox, immediately after an image fades into view it jumps.

The other thing I noticed is in the Word Art feature. It isn't a huge thing but it might confuse some people. If you select the 'outline' option for your text border the color bar displays as a solid bar of color and without a drop down menu for selection. Of course you can click on the color bar and it then opens up the selection box but initially it does appear that you are unable to select different colours.

Well many thanks
    and I look forward to using all these features
    Gary

Absolutly fantastic.

Just one thing.... well two things.

1)... when you use the gradient colour in background and set to vertical then it wont save. That is if you close BV page and open again then it reverts to Horizontal even though you saved as vertical gradient.

2)... The new version will not open any previous built pages that contain a contact form (built by an older version of Blue Voda). This is a critical error as the error message states that it cannot recognise file format and in some instances just closes BV programme.

Having the same problem as above with my pages that have forms. It comes up with an error message stating 'Unexpected file format'.

Quick question:
    I downloaded BV11 and now I can't open my index page. It says "unexpected file format." All the other pages work though. So I went back and downloaded 10.2 again, but 11 is the one that still opens. Any ideas?
    THANKS!!!

-Money Steve

[quote=VodaHost;315298]Forms
    New feature: Captcha object for (PHP) forms. An attempt to stop spammers from submitting form data.
    New feature: Added the ability to write form data to a (csv) file.
    New feature: Added 'Create data file wizard' to quickly create an empty csv data file, without the need of an external FTP client.
    Improved: Rendering of themed form controls uses (much) less system resources
    Hi,
    Could you help me please and advise what to do?
    I can't open my pages containing forms in new BV 11. It says "unexpected file format".
    Thank you in advance
    www.amerautogroup.com

Hi
    I have been trying out the new member log in script as described in the pdf download but try as I might the pages I want to be pass word protected are still appearing as open pages and unprotected. I don't know if this is a bug with the programme or if the instructions in the pdf are not complete but I would like to be able to use this option. Any suggestions or help appreciated

I too also just downloaded BV11...

I can't open my form pages which worked fine in BV10? Says: "Unexpected file format." HELP.........!

Can't open pages created on bv 10...it said unexpected file format

Hi,
    I downloaded BV 11, looks like there's some fab extra stuff, and I'm very glad to be able to give it a go.

I have found a bug fairly early on.

When using a text menu>text menu properties>edit hyperlink styles - it freezes and just blips at me.

Haven't got much further than that. I'm sure you clever guys in development with iron out the glitches. Keep up the good work!

There seems to be an ongoing problem with forms in BV11. I have created the same form now three times, it is ok for a couple of days but then when I try to open it again it comes up with a "file format not recognised" message. On the last attempt I even saved additional copies in backup and template folders but get the same result with all of them.

Another issue is the new membership protection script as dragging and dropping the padlock icon on to a page does not seem to have the required effect. When the page is published it is visable and the redirect to log in or sign up page does not happen

Hi.

The new version is brilliant but, as requested, here are a few issues that will need seeing to:

1... new version will not open some old BV pages that contain contact forms.

2... new version will actually close when trying to access some old bv opages.

3... New version will freeze and cpu goes to 100% when trying to edit hyperlink styles

4... background gradient clour will not save in "vertical" but will revert back to the "horizintal" gradient style

Thats it for the moment but otherwise the best product I have seen as regards web builders. Very impressive.

-Liam

Hello.
    BlueVoda version 11 is great!
    But there is a bug. I can´t open my ABVFP form pages which worked fine in the onder version.

Best regards

Hi! - I'm new to the forums...
    Blue Voda 11 is absolutely fantastic!
    I have a few issues here though:
    I had this problem, that I was creating a contact us form, and added a CAPTCHA. My first problem was, that not all the letters showed, usually the 5th barely showed, if it showed at all... So I played with the settings, until I realised that I was only publishing the page's file itself, and not the captcha1.php that would make any difference... :) oops! When I realized that, the next try: there were no letters in the CAPTCHA at all... tried minimum 5 times until I gave up, saying that for now, it was not that important...
    Secondly The login system tools: here I'm thinking primarily about the login component itself, because that's what I remember: it only let's you direct to .html files for success, and error pages. The problem is, that if each page has a login component requiring .php page property, it's hopeless for the error page. But worst, how can I password protect the right pages, because those also require .php page properties, and that's not allowed to be linked to in the login?
    I'm wondering wether I'm only missing something :P

I think it'd be useful for the BV tutorials to cover a little more on the webshop, because when I watched the webshop tutorial, it didn't clarify how you're supposed to put it together. I mean: how a webshop with like 3-6 buttons? I realized that the view cart, add to cart, and others actually link to a paypal page, which then solved my worries... until then I was wondering how I would construct the view cart page. :)

Blue Voda rox!
    Goblin :)

Quote Originally Posted by Armands1991 View Post
    First error: When i go to Banner and press Style, BlueVoda is not responding. It just turns white, and its not possible to press anything + my CPU goes to 100% then
    Same, but I get a AffiliSys - Bluevoda. &number of Rows.

I have found a bug in the Link feature. When trying to add a link to a word in a text box, if you click on edit styles it locks up and freezes the program. Other than that, I haven't found any other bugs. Thanks for the free easy website builder.

I have installed BlueVoda Version 11 and 2 of my pages will not open up. The error message says "Unexpected file format". All my pages were created using the previous version of BlueVoda. These 2 pages in no way differ significantly from any of my other pages. However one of them is an e-mail us page and the other a product ordering page. What to do?
    Bless you!
    Stephanus
    Light The Fire Ministries

Talking Re: BlueVoda Version 11 - Over 100 New Features & Fixes

Hi,

Iused the new conveyor belt in a horizontal format under my domain name.

And much lower I used the same conveyor belt in a vertical format.

I can view both in Opera and Firefox, but the conveyor belt in the horizontal format under my header will not show up even after repeated republishing in Internet Explorer 8.

Any suggestions anybody?

Here is the link..........
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Smile Re: BlueVoda Version 11 - Over 100 New Features & Fixes

It is a major improvement on Bluevoda 10.2. I like it; it's great and am excited about trying out the new features; and that I have. The following observations were made:

I have found that the Banner freezes as you tyr to edit some of its features in properties tab.

The single page password protection seems not to be responding even after following closely instructions in BV 11 tutorial.

Forms created with Bluevoda 10.2 will not open. An error message: AffiliiSys - Bluevoda Unexpected file format is reported. I believe this may have something to do particularly with the updated features in Combobox, TextArea, File Upload and Radio button functions. I say this because forms created in Bluevoda 10.2 opens without a problems so long as it does not include the the aforementioned.

The inbuilt Captcha requires further information to make it easier to us; otherwise it works well.

These are the problems encountered so far otherwise Bluevoda 11 is excellent.

Well done Vodahost!

MYICE07
    Not matter what happens this day, may you know that God loves you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by VodaHost View Post
    reseverved

Hi, I just loaded Version 11, I have same problem with page where is form
    created in older version. Can't open it.
    Other thing I test banner and if you go to style program freezes program.
    Link to page didnt work I did have to retapit.
    Program is great I thing that all this comments will help you debug it.

Question Re: BlueVoda Version 11 - Over 100 New Features & Fixes

I have just upgraded to v11 from 10.01 and tried to edit bvp page and got the error message unexpected file format. The page is php all other pages open. Any ideas?

Thanks

DrWebtest

PS. The new features are great. Please consider a preview pane in the word art element.

When trying to widen the grid for a form created in bv 10.1 BV11 shuts down.

DrWebtest

BV11 ENCOUNTERS PROBLEMS AND SHUTS DOWN WHEN EDITING FORMS.

DrWebtest

I have encountered a number of problems with BV11

1) It crashes when editing a form created in BV10.1.
    2) Roll over pics have to be re-entered and published to work.
    3) If you make an edit in say text and publish in BV11 this can effect certain elements such as shapes that were created in 10.1.
    4) When creating a form from scratch BV11 encounters a problem and needs to close.

As a long serving loyal customer of BV I am sure the team will do their best to react to these problems. However, on the plus side the new features are great.

Further to my earlier posting I have found that if you create a page from scratch the form elements work fine and BV11 DOES NOT CRASH. However, the captcha element does not work when published so forms won't submit.

Hope this helps.

DrWebtest

Further to my earlier postings I have found that when you create a new page from scratch BV11 works fine. However, if you edit a page created in 10.1 it is best to update each element and then publish. This is a pain but it works.

Hope this helps.

DrWebtest

Exclamation Problems in BlueVoda 11

Hi there,
    I am trying Blue voda version 11 (the Latest version) and i found two main problems;

1- As i insert text menu bar and click on "Edit Style" the software (Bluevoda 11) hanged and dont work. To close bluevoda i need to run Task Manger to close and restart Bluevoda 11.

2- As i enable shadow for image(JPG, JPEG, GIF), the image disappears in preview.

Please look in this.

Regards
    Muaawiya
    Pakistan

Bluevoda 11 Problem
    1- Software hanged as i inser text menu bar and just click on "Edit Style"

2- Image disappeared in preview as i enabled shadow for image(JPG, GIF)

Muaawiya

I have also loaded BV 11 and have a sporadic problem when I try to open a second page to work on. When I try to open the 2nd page, the app freezes.

I posted a quick reply a while ago, but it didn't show up. Here are my problems, so far:

1. BV-11 froze after I open the link style dialog box.
    2. I get the same (unexpected file format) like others posted above. The file it did not recognize was my contact page where there is a form built in.
    3. I re-installed ver10.2 and was able to open the contact page, but get the (unexpected file format) for pages that were saved in ver11 (especially my index page)...Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Until then, to remedy problem #3. I have install both versions under separate program folder.

I had an issue with shapes not appearing in Internet Explorer (FireFox is fine),
    After some testing it seems that the "Anti-Alias" option was the culprit. After switching it off the shapes display just fine in IE.
    However, I am not able to curve the edges of the shapes as I wanted because without anti-aliasing they are not too pretty.

Thing is, I've came across the problem of shapes not appearing in IE before with other versions of BlueVoda (but didn't find the solution those times).
    I'm wondering if this is a more general IE compatibility problem with BlueVoda rather than being version specific.

I am still testing the new BV11 Builder, but it has passed the tests for the items I am using for the website I am creating.

One thing I noticed, that was not mentioned, is that double clicking on the round /circle/button option (right next to the edit box on the tool menu - R/H side) while still in the builder makes the BV11 builder crash and a Microsoft message comes on saying it has to shut down the BV builder. Hence, if one does not save anything they lose everything up to that point, I guess.

So, do not select the round circle and double click it while it is on your BV 11 pallet. It is Okay in the preview mode though. I hope this helps some.

Initially I put the BV11 builder in Sandboxie and went through all the apps that I would use and it checked out okay.

And I am simply impressed. The drop-down menus are so amazing. Thank you BV and in all sincerity my eyes got watery when I saw those menus. I was so completely put out and depressed with not being able to negotiate the HTML or DMHTL or Java and having to use the old blue buttons.

This new BV11 is truly a gift and I thank you so much for listening to your customers. BV adds a whole new meaning to WYSIWYG when it comes to satisfaction.

My warmest and most congratulatory thanks,

John K.

P.S. I cannot imagine how many threads will be null and void with this latest edition. There are so many resolutions to many former unsolved problems. I just hope that all users study the new builder and its possibilities before they jump the gun and inundate the BV team with redundant queries. I make it my duty and obligation to give due diligence before hitting the forum with my woes. Anyways, thank you and best wishes in working out the kinks.

Please help- I tried several forms to hyperlink my four pages and can not resolve the problem. I have index (home) page, contacts, links, news and tried link under - file, http and sub domains ithout sucess. I need a help for thi, I have spend lot of time already.

I receive an error msg "
    Not Found
    The requested URL /www.dsustentavel.com/noticias.html was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.dsustentavel.com Port 80

Does anyone know if these problems have been corrected in version 11, I would like to download new version but not at the expense of these problems.

Andy
    thewoodsatsummerford.com

3... New version will freeze and cpu goes to 100% when trying to edit hyperlink styles

Is there a way I can download without the zip, I have no idea how to do that. Ive downloaded winzip tried tried and tried.

Hi

Two issues:

1. I downloaded BV 11 and started to use it. Same problem as others on this thread. Can't open a few of the BVP files. There were no forms in either of the files.

2. am trying to use the Login script, it creates a database file but doesn't store anything and even after signup it doesn't go to the success page as mentioned in the properties.

Thanks
    Alok

Just another item to add to your list of tweaks.

When I click the yellow folder to open up an existing page to work on, and I click on that page, it bogs down and won't open up. The tab for the new page is kind of a half tag and blank and my builder freezes.

Solution: I minimize the BV window and maximize it again and that page I selected is there.

Still, I am happy as can be over your changes.

Respectfully, I have a request for BV 11.?: to make it so items can be rotated as in MS word and MS Publisher.

Cheers!

John

Okay! Some more things I figured out that I cannot explain in layman's terms, but they seem to make sense and they work:

I am making new changes to the files I did on BV10 that I transferred to BV11.

I am publishing those changes and they seemed to be alright but after I loaded up (published) 8 or 10 pages I noticed that some of my BV10 shapes and Logo text were now transformed into either logo shapes (formerly logo text), or text that was transformed into shapes, or even shapes still being there, but jpg or png photos filling the shape area (stretched and distorted to fill the oblong rectangle.

This was showing up on the Internet after I published.

Then it occurred to me that these shapes were BV10 creations. I was publishing a combination of BV10 creations along with BV11 creations, and I suspect that this mix was creating some kind of allergy between the two coding formats. SO, I recreated these shapes to the exact specifications using BV11 and discarded the old BV10 shapes.

I put back together these shapes the way they were and so far I am getting WYSIWYG at its best.

Moral to the story: Re-create any BV10 shapes and logos using the BV11 tools and discard the old BV10 logos and shapes and text indigenous to the old format as there seems to be a conflict created with BV11 and BV10 coded items all squeezed into the BV11 Builder.

I also could not open the BV10 contact us page because it had a form on it. I had read these posts and now I believe that the BV10 form code is not compatible with the BV11 form code.

So I opened up the contact us page on the Internet (thankfully it was published) and I copy / pasted all the text into my BV 11 and basically re-created the layout and new form using only the BV11 code and tools. Now it is Okay!

BV11 seems to be a bit allergic to the BV10. If this is true, then some people will have to do a lot of updating when they go to make changes or updates to their websites created in BV10 (i.e. chain reaction due to incompatibility). I sure do hope I am wrong on this.

'Hope this helps.

John

Hi,
    I had all problems mentioned above, so I reloaded version VB-10.2. I will go back, when this version is finished or fixed.
    It is great software, keep it up.
    Thank you

Well, version 11 sounds exciting and I can't wait to have at it. . .but, I'll be hunkered down over here in the high grass until the beta-schrapnel stops flyin and someone announces: IT'S FIXED! (I have lots of forms)

Thank you VH for a great new upgrade. I jus want to mention that when you lock a Glass button, you can still move it around.
    Bless you
    Tom

BV11 give me error message "& Number of Rows" in a dialogue when I try to open the Style tab of a Banner. When I close the dialogue, BV freezes and shuts down.
    Bless you
    Tom

Found the 1st one - BV freezes when you click on "Edit Style" in Text Menu.

It won't let me EDIT/ADD new link styles... It stops working EVERY time I try and o this.

Quote Originally Posted by AWS View Post
    Hi.

The new version is brilliant but, as requested, here are a few issues that will need seeing to:

4... background gradient clour will not save in "vertical" but will revert back to the "horizintal" gradient style

Thats it for the moment but otherwise the best product I have seen as regards web builders. Very impressive.

-Liam
    I came on here to post and I have to quote Liam's comments as they are exactly what I wanted to mention.

The hyperlink editing right now, for me, is my biggest issue as I have many different styles I'd like to use but can't really do much besides editing the "default" set in Page Properties.

Thanks guys. BV11 is pretty awesome. Looking forward to the full release, whenever that may be. :)

The "style" feature freezes my BV as well. Otherwise, love the new drop down menu!

Pardon my cluelessness, but I don't see a link to click that will let me download the new (11.4) release of BlueVoda. I saw the link to the PDF about the 100 new features, but what about an actual download link? Thanks.

I want to report a problem with ver 11.4. I created a simple page and when i try to view the finished design or preview my browser freeze. It happen several times.... Any tips?

I'm having issues with objects disappearing on pages I've already built in the "old" Voda - specifically "shape" objects. Some picture boxes are experiencing problems too.

If I click "antialias" on the vanished boxes, they will come back once I re-publish. Also, if I redefine the path on the pix boxes that disappear then do "move to front" they will also come back, but it's a pain to do this on every single page I work on.

They seem OK unless I have to change and republish something, which I do all the time, which I guess moves it from the "old" to "new" Voda.

Is this something that can be fixed, or will I just have to do these workarounds on every box on every page I republish until they're all converted?

Thanks!

Thread Information