Thread: backup and restore problems

Default backup and restore problems

Website is www.safersecurityproducts.com built with Soho and after going back through some of the Stickies I realized I had not done a backup for a while. Went into backup/restore as I have done in the past, did a backup downloaded it to my computer as I have done before and deleted the one on line. Then I did the updates which I have done before so far so good. Then I went back into the builder to continue making changes but I could not drag and drop anything which means I canít make changes. I can how ever move some items up but not down and I can not drag and drop the delete to remove unwanted Items.
    I chose the stable updates. I thought it was because Voda was down this morning but its back up and I still have the same problem.

Default Re: backup and restore problems

I will ask another question and hopefull a yes or no will answer my first question.

If I do a restore with the backup that I just downloaded should that solve my problem or not?

no, clear your cache reboot and make sure you got the latest java update too.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Mac View Post
    no, clear your cache reboot and make sure you got the latest java update too.

Karen
    I did those before I ask the question because you told me to do that before. Anything else I can do besides restore?

Well I have found that it works ok in Firefox but still won't work in Internet Explorer. I went back and run the CCleaner program on my laptop and rebooted. No luck
    I checked it on my laptop which is only a few month old and I get the same problem. works in Firefox not in IE.

Well I have found that it works ok in Firefox but still won't work in Internet Explorer. I went back and run the CCleaner program on my desktop and rebooted. No luck
    I checked it on my laptop which is only a few months old and I get the same problem. works in Firefox not in IE.
    Last edited by redmond; 10-17-2009 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Correct a word

OK, I submitted a ticket to support and they said restore from the back up which I did and it works fine now.
    I did lose a couple of days work but thats better than I expected.

Thread Information