Thread: No German Umlaut in reply form

Post No German Umlaut in reply form

I have created a form with a text field. When the form is returned by e-mail to me I cant see any German Umlaut like: , or similar.

I think it has nothing to do with my browser setting as German Umlaut are shown correctly in the browser. Normal e-mails show Umlaut aswell. Who can help ?

Default Re: No German Umlaut in reply form

Hi Thomas,
    I just sent you something from the Kontaktformular (david & jürgen & lübeck etc) just as a test. The formular is fine with the ä ö ü - only thing I can think of is that BV forms don't recognise the umlauts? Check with support - maybe they can help
    nice site btw,
    david
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Quote Originally Posted by ahimsa View Post
    Hi Thomas,
    I just sent you something from the Kontaktformular (david & jrgen & lbeck etc) just as a test. The formular is fine with the - only thing I can think of is that BV forms don't recognise the umlauts? Check with support - maybe they can help
    nice site btw,
    david
    Got your form and it is without Umlaut. Will have to talk to BV Support.
    Thanks for your help and compliment - took me a couple of weeks but I think it looks quite good now. Are you playing golf. Do you want to be registered ?

Umlaut issue solved: e-mail programm, options, read, international setting, use westerneuropean setting and - important - tick "for all incoming messages".

Thread Information