Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Can I stop Google indexing a duplicate page?
      
   

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    86

    Default Can I stop Google indexing a duplicate page?

    Hi,

    I have a page on my site (www.bestbeekeeping.com/beekeeping101.html), which I want to copy & republish as a PPC landing page, just making a few changes to the layout but keeping most of the text. Is there a way to stop Google indexing this page (as there will obviously be some duplicate content)?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    3,026

    Default Re: Can I stop Google indexing a duplicate page?

    Not to worry, just complete your page and republish.

    google bots will be coming back to your webpage to index your pages again and again. The Bots has no other function.

    It was created to transverse the internet and index webpages only.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

    HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    86

    Default Re: Can I stop Google indexing a duplicate page?

    Hi Zuriatman,
    thanks for your reply. Sorry I didn't explain properly - I want to STOP the Google bot indexing the copied page (because it will be duplicate content). Is this possible?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bristol UK
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Can I stop Google indexing a duplicate page?

    Quote Originally Posted by valwilson View Post
    Hi,

    I have a page on my site (www.bestbeekeeping.com/beekeeping101.html), which I want to copy & republish as a PPC landing page, just making a few changes to the layout but keeping most of the text. Is there a way to stop Google indexing this page (as there will obviously be some duplicate content)?

    Thanks.
    I found this for you

    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/goo...ing-pages.html
    Happy Building

    DarrenC

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    86

    Default Re: Can I stop Google indexing a duplicate page?

    Thanks Darren.

    Just to clarify, if I use either of these methods:
    2. <meta name="robots" content="noindex" />
    3. <meta name="robots" content="nofollow" />

    Do I put this in the page html? If so, where at?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bristol UK
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Can I stop Google indexing a duplicate page?

    Quote Originally Posted by valwilson View Post
    Thanks Darren.

    Just to clarify, if I use either of these methods:
    2. <meta name="robots" content="noindex" />
    3. <meta name="robots" content="nofollow" />

    Do I put this in the page html? If so, where at?
    I'm not 100% sure so I won't guess. One of the pros will hopefully give you the answer.
    Happy Building

    DarrenC

  7. #7
    Bethers's Avatar
    Bethers is offline Major General & Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,224

    Default Re: Can I stop Google indexing a duplicate page?

    You want noindex on that page. No follow is used for links you don't want to have followed.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bristol UK
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Can I stop Google indexing a duplicate page?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bethers View Post
    You want noindex on that page. No follow is used for links you don't want to have followed.
    Bethers I think they need to know which section to paste it in the page html.
    Happy Building

    DarrenC

  9. #9
    Bethers's Avatar
    Bethers is offline Major General & Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,224

    Default Re: Can I stop Google indexing a duplicate page?

    Oops, sorry - page html works fine - at the very start of the page - first thing.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    86

    Default Re: Can I stop Google indexing a duplicate page?

    Thanks Darren & Beth for your help - page now successfully published! (http://www.bestbeekeeping.com/101.html)

    Val

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •