Thread: Captcha validation needed on forms

Default Captcha validation needed on forms

Any chance of a Captcha validation pop up, to stop visitors filling out the form & then hitting the send button & being sent to an error page if they forget the Captcha. This is to enable not loosing the information already entered on the form & having to re-type it again.
    (The same as other fields have if not filled in).

Thanks.

Default Re: Captcha validation needed on forms

Hi Chris,

EAsy solution: add an editbox. Name it "captcha_code"
    Make it the same size an place it OVER the one generated by BV's captcha object.
    Use BV's validation to make it required.
    Make sure that this field comes, in order, AFTER the captcha object.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Hi George,
    well done! Your adding of an extra edit box works well. But i have another problem with all my forms in that if i create an error by putting (Lets say) the wrong captcha code in the form it go's to an error page. But the error page is sum how has the same url as the page that the form is on. http://www.collectors-info.com/articles_main_index.php I am getting this on 3 forms that i am making & just incase i gave them all differant name for the error pages. IE: At the bottom of this page is a form that needs the Name, email & captcha for validation. If i enter the wrong captcha it should go to http://www.collectors-info.com/error.php but some how its going to http://www.collectors-info.com/articles_main_index.php again. Any ideas?

Cheers

This is not a bug, it is by design.

The form processor doesn't redirect to the error page, if an error is encountered, it INCLUDES the error page and replaces the text ##error## that you should have in your error page, with the actual error message.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Ah! I'm getting old, LOL. Many thanks George, its all sorted now with some iframes to keep it looking a little more tidy.

Thread Information