Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Wildlife Photography Website Review
      
   

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Port Elizabeth, South Africa
    Posts
    653

    Default Wildlife Photography Website Review

    I'm in the process of designing my own Wildlife & Nature Stock Photography website and would appreciate your comments & crits.

    Navaldesign's Instant Download Cart molded well to my requirements as usual.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    in the now :)
    Posts
    2,184

    Wink Re: Wildlife Photography Website Review

    Hey Andrew,
    very nice indeed.......only one teeny thing & it's just a personal thing for me: the colour of your font (grey). I would prefer a slightly darker shade - I can read everything OK & my eyesight is pretty good.....but...a little darker would make it much easier :)


    And.....didn't read the whole site but on your home page I found this:
    You can use our images in all projects of a customers
    I would write it: "You can use our images in all of a customer's projects"

    good luck,
    david
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kings Lynn Norfolk UK
    Posts
    8,702

    Default Re: Wildlife Photography Website Review

    Hi Andrew, great looking site. Ditto on the grey text, but this might be down to how good a quality our screens are. (My one is a cheapy)
    The only thing that might be nice is not to have the water mark on the larger images so heavy (bit more translucent).

    Good luck.
    PS. What cart are you using?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Port Elizabeth, South Africa
    Posts
    653

    Default Re: Wildlife Photography Website Review

    Quote Originally Posted by ahimsa View Post
    Hey Andrew,
    very nice indeed.......only one teeny thing & it's just a personal thing for me: the colour of your font (grey). I would prefer a slightly darker shade - I can read everything OK & my eyesight is pretty good.....but...a little darker would make it much easier :)


    And.....didn't read the whole site but on your home page I found this:
    You can use our images in all projects of a customers
    I would write it: "You can use our images in all of a customer's projects"

    good luck,
    david
    Thanks David,

    The lighter grey was chosen as it looked great on my screen at the time. But I agree, darker would be safer for all... Wow, now to change all the pages. LOL

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Port Elizabeth, South Africa
    Posts
    653

    Default Re: Wildlife Photography Website Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Collectors-info View Post
    Hi Andrew, great looking site. Ditto on the grey text, but this might be down to how good a quality our screens are. (My one is a cheapy)
    The only thing that might be nice is not to have the water mark on the larger images so heavy (bit more translucent).

    Good luck.
    PS. What cart are you using?
    Thanks Chris,

    I prefered it when you found spelling mistakes LOL... I re-thought the water mark on the last batch of images I processed and it is now 20% more transparent. I am going to update the remainder of the site pictures over the next day or so.

    The shopping cart is a customized version of Navaldesigns - Instant Download Cart which includes the websites search feature as well.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Warwickshire, UK
    Posts
    4,539

    Default Re: Wildlife Photography Website Review

    Up to your usual standard Andrew, Brilliant!
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Port Elizabeth, South Africa
    Posts
    653

    Default Re: Wildlife Photography Website Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Marincky View Post
    Up to your usual standard Andrew, Brilliant!
    TKS Ramsey, I forgot how much fun it is to put your own project together (design freedom is a wonderful thing) and with the amount of images I still have to process... it's going to take some time.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,733

    Default Re: Wildlife Photography Website Review

    I'm a bit late on this one Andrew, but just had to visit your latest publishings and found this one. Absolutely brilliant my friend. Keep up the good work.
    Bless you
    Tom


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kings Lynn Norfolk UK
    Posts
    8,702

    Default Re: Wildlife Photography Website Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Stamati View Post
    Very nice indeed!
    What do you use to get your slideshow into Flash? Is there a simple (cheap) tool that does not require you to learn Flash or buy the Macromedxia package?
    I believe its an open-source script from this site. http://code.google.com/p/swfobject/ (you will need a little scripting experience)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bristol UK
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Wildlife Photography Website Review

    Very nice site
    Happy Building

    DarrenC

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Port Elizabeth, South Africa
    Posts
    653

    Default Re: Wildlife Photography Website Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Stamati View Post
    Very nice indeed!
    What do you use to get your slideshow into Flash? Is there a simple (cheap) tool that does not require you to learn Flash or buy the Macromedxia package?
    Hi Tony,

    That one was created with "Flash Slideshow Maker" really easy to use software at $50.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Port Elizabeth, South Africa
    Posts
    653

    Default Re: Wildlife Photography Website Review

    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenC View Post
    Very nice site
    Thanks Darren

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •