Thread: Linking Pages.. I am having trouble. Please help

Default Linking Pages.. I am having trouble. Please help

I am getting this message from the net. i am a newbie and need lots of help

http://search.yahoo.com/404handler?e...=toolbar&nrd=1

Can someone help me. my page is owencountybassmasters.com

Default Re: Linking Pages.. I am having trouble. Please help

Your links need to have the same names as the pages you've published. For example, you have a link to pictures.html, but the name of your published page is Pictures.html. Not the same.
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Are you saying that the P and p are what is stopping it? Capital? Vs Non Capital?

Well I have copied and pasted the links to make them match and still no good will Someone please help me? PLEASE.
    Owencountybassmasters.com

By the way i am working on the Pictures link

Are you publishing to public_html/
    Have you got the publishing area set to Publish all files.?

I have it set to publish all files.. Is that right?

If you click this link you will go to your page: http://www.owencountybassmasters.com/Pictures.html

But you don't have that on the link you put on your home page. Instead, you have http://www.owencountybassmasters.com/pictures.html. That page does not exist. It is proper web practice to use lowercase letters only. Rebublish the pictures page with a lowercase p.

I did not look at your other links.

So guys. I understand what you are saying now about the lower and upper case. My question now is I went back and made them all upper case then went back again and make them all lower case. But still didn't seem to work. So I guess my question is do you have to some how delete the first one or something. I figured it would just over right the first one when i publish form bluevoda?

Ok great,,, I am getting to my page now. But it keeps reloading itself over and over and over. Check it out.
    http://www.owencountybassmasters.com/pictures.html
    Whats the deal with that?

Not sure if this is the right fix but I took the Redirect Delay way up... Seems to help but not sure if this is the right thing to do

If I understand what you're asking, I think you're talking about your page(s) opening in a new window each time you click the link(s)? To fix this, right click on a link in your Blue Voda page. That brings up a window that gives you some options. Make sure "Open link in a popup window" is not checked, and make sure there is nothing in the "Target" field. Do that for all your links (unless, of course, you have some that you do want to open in a separate window). I recommend a big pizza and an hour in front of the VH video tutorials.

Frankly, I don't know what the Redirect Delay is, so...

Nope.. I I do as you said and take the Redirect time back to 0 it just refreshes the link over and over and over. So..........
    By the way I have watched every Video... They are good but some of the small details are left out.

Hi,
    I've been watching this thread for a while but you seemed to be in good hands so I stayed away....however, today I took a look:-
    the link you gave to the pictures page works OK for me with FF....yeah, OK I get a little FF banner at the top saying "Firefox prevented this page from automatically reloading" but it didn't stop me from seeing the page or opening the pictures. Other links from there worked just fine also.
    What I really wanted to tell you is that some of your pages are REALLY wide!! I have been told I have a small screen by general standards but, still, your pages need to be a little narrower. The 2nd. picture I opened (Lake Egypt) is HUGE!! I mean I was scrolling & scrolling LOL....in BOTH directions!! I don't know about anyone else, but for me I find it really annoying when I can't see the whole shot in one screen, know what I mean?

Next: you need to check the text - there are quite a few errors :( some examples:

Home: Updates - no '...........in your "breaking news" Iframe: The annual chilli supper will be held Saturday

........but don't give up LOL
    good luck,
    david
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Thread Information