Thread: Website FORM Problems

Question Website FORM Problems

Hi I'm Betty,

I can not receive e-mail from my form wizard. When I fill out the form and hit my submit button my thank you page pop up but there is nothing in my e-mail. My website is: http://www.mybiznetorganogold.com, I open my form through the "Get Started" button. Can you help me.

thinks,

Default Re: form wizard

1. Open your 'contactus' page in BlueVoda
    2. Double-click on FORM AREA to reveal FORM PROPERTIES
    3. Make sure you have selected > "Encoded:multipart/form-data"
    4. Under FORM PROCESSING, select "Use built-in PHP form processor to send data to email address"
    5. Be sure to edit/enter your valid email address, replacing the example shown by default (yourname@yoursite.com)

SAVE page, re-Publish page.

> TUTORIAL: Form Wizard - Fast & Easy
    > TUTORIAL: Form Wizard - Creating FORM From Scratch
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Mr. Vasili,

Your advice was on the mark.

Thank you,

Glad I could be of some help, Betty!

It's really just attending to all the details, you know ....

Default Form Page Problems

I could use some help. I have published a webpage online and it shows some code above it. As far as I can guess it is code from the form that I had on the page but not sure. I looked through the forums and tried to clear the cache, downloaded and ran the Ccleaner, and also sent a support ticket where they replied to clear the cache. I changed the form on the page and tried to upload the new page in it's place but it won't change online. Please give me some advice to change it because I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Thanks. Here is the webpage so you can see what I am talking about. www.artbydonelle.com/question.html

Default Form problems

Hello,

I have build another website using bluevoda and I have a problem with my contact form.

The problem is that iīm not receiving the content from the form fields. I only receive the information about,
    TITLE and IP ADRESS all other informations in form fields are blank.

Can anyone help me on this?

Here are the website url - www.codice.pt - the form are in this page www.codice.pt/contactos.php

Best regards,

Nuno Abrantes

Default Re: Form problems

Quote Originally Posted by Intelengine View Post
    I have build another website using bluevoda and I have a problem with my contact form.
    The problem is that iīm not receiving the content from the form fields. I only receive the information about,
    TITLE and IP ADRESS all other informations in form fields are blank. Can anyone help me on this?
    Here are the website url - www.codice.pt - the form are in this page www.codice.pt/contactos.php
    Nuno Abrantes
    See above posts ... especially #2 for a possible solution.

Default Re: Form Page Problems

Quote Originally Posted by momuv712 View Post
    I could use some help. I have published a webpage online and it shows some code above it. As far as I can guess it is code from the form that I had on the page but not sure. I looked through the forums and tried to clear the cache, downloaded and ran the Ccleaner, and also sent a support ticket where they replied to clear the cache. I changed the form on the page and tried to upload the new page in it's place but it won't change online. Please give me some advice to change it because I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Thanks. Here is the webpage so you can see what I am talking about. www.artbydonelle.com/question.html
    PLEASE REVIEW THE ABOVE POSTS FOR POSSIBLE SOLUTION ... THE TUTORIALS OUTLINE EVERY DETAIL ALSO

Any page that has a FORM (email Form) on it must be published as PHP, as dictated clearly in the Tutorials.

Review All Three Video Tutorials, AND the Page Instructions below each Video Screen:
    1. Form Wizard – Easy & Fast!
    2. Form Wizard – Creating a form from Scratch
    3. How to edit a Form (already created)

Default Form Problems - Not solved in previously thread

Hello, Vasili.

I have make everything you said but it has not solved the problem.

Regards,

Default Re: Form Problems - Not solved in previously thread

Quote Originally Posted by Intelengine View Post
    Hello, Vasili.
    I have make everything you said but it has not solved the problem. Regards,
    As advised above, you must follow the Tutorials precisely to achieve the predictable results, and you are in fact not following the Tutorials by having improperly "re-named" your "contact" page as "contactos" (Portuguese) .....

The email scripting and all the links pre-coded to make the Success page and the Error pages display are written in English (the official language of the internet, all Search Engines, and HTML coding), and since you have changed the page name, the function of the Email FORM cannot "find" the relevance as the script is written to function properly.

You must re-Save and Publish your "contactos" page as "contact" for your FORM to work.
    Also, you should use BlueFTP to connect to your Root Directory ("public_html/") and delete the previously published "contactos" page to remove any potential conflicts between your pages.
    > How To Use BlueFTP To Manage Your Hosting Account (Upload/Delete Files, Create Folders, etc.)

* You can create your Menu Navigation Buttons and even your Text Links so they display as "Contactos" as long as you enter the properly named and published page as part of the link: just as shown here in example ... if you "mouseover" the link here CONTACTOS you will note in your browser the link was actually created using the "www.codice.pt/contact.php" (which will be the proper page name once you publish it).
    Thus, you can show any link in any Menu or Text however you wish, but the link itself must always be in English, and the pages must be named in English according to the format in which the script was created for any function to actually perform.

Default Intended "index" Page with a Form will not Correctly Publish with working Form.

Please - Please Help! I have been working on this problem for a month! I went through the three tutorials many time. I Posted a previous tread. I submitted a ticket. I was always sent back to the tutorials! Please give me a bulleted procedure for publishing an index page that has a form and must be in php.

Having clicked on Page Properties is the File Extension "php"? Do I save the Page as "index" or "index.php"? Do I publish the page as "index" or "index.php"? I have tried all of these variables - nothing works! When the page does publish as the index, there is strange text at the top and the form does not work. The tutorials say nothing about publishing the "Index" page containing a Form.

Due to the above, we have been unable to publish a new "Landing Page" containing a Form and Call-To-Action (CTA). This is costing us dearly. Please be more helpful this time around.

Thanks - Phil

Arrow Re: Intended "index" Page with a Form will not Correctly Publish with working Form.

Quote Originally Posted by Eides View Post
    Please - Please Help! Please give me a bulleted procedure for publishing an index page that has a form and must be in php.

Having clicked on Page Properties is the File Extension "php"? Do I save the Page as "index" or "index.php"? Do I publish the page as "index" or "index.php"? I have tried all of these variables - nothing works! When the page does publish as the index, there is strange text at the top and the form does not work. The tutorials say nothing about publishing the "Index" page containing a Form.

Please be more helpful this time around.
    You are having a singularly difficult time following the procedures so clearly outlined .... it is not the fault of anyone else, nor should it be reason for you to demand clearer replies for assistance.

To repeat:

1. Open your 'index' page in BlueVoda

4. Under FORM PROCESSING, select "Use built-in PHP form processor to send data to email address" (This selection also resets the page to automatically be published as PHP)

Be sure to edit/enter your valid email address, replacing the example shown by default (yourname@yoursite.com)

6. In PAGE PROPERTIES (access from the Toolbar via EDIT > PROPERTIES or by right-clicking on a blank area of the page in the Workpane > PAGE PROPERTIES), verify that the "File Extension" has been automatically reset to "PHP" ... if it has not been, make the correct selection to "PHP" before moving to next Step.

7. SAVE page as "index" (only - do not add any page extensions when Saving or Publishing, as outlined in the Tutorials)

8. Re-publish page as saved (as "index")

9. Use BlueFTP to connect to your Root Directory ("public_html/") and delete the previously published "index.html" page to remove any potential conflicts between your pages.
    > How To Use BlueFTP To Manage Your Hosting Account (Upload/Delete Files, Create Folders, etc.)

10. Refresh your browser to load the newly published "index.php" page that remains on the server to your browser cache for full view.

Please do not continue to create duplicate Threads or Posts on this same issue ....

Default Hoping for Help

The form on my contact me page isnt working

http://www.sandarellas.com/contactme.php

I have searched the forums and watched all the videos and have done everything that everyone has suggested and litterally my form does not work. You can hit the submit button a million time and nothing will happen, same for the reset button. I have 3 forms on my website all built with the form builder and none of them work. If I could just get one of them working I am sure I could fix the rest.

Thank You for any assistance

Default Re: Hoping for Help

Quote Originally Posted by Sandarella View Post
    The form on my contact me page isnt working

http://www.sandarellas.com/contactme.php

I have searched the forums and watched all the videos and have done everything that everyone has suggested and litterally my form does not work. You can hit the submit button a million time and nothing will happen, same for the reset button. I have 3 forms on my website all built with the form builder and none of them work. If I could just get one of them working I am sure I could fix the rest. Thank You for any assistance
    A. See Post #10 above for applicability of suggested solution (as you re-named your page "contactme").

B. Open your page in BlueVoda and Double-Click on FORM AREA to reveal FORM PROPERTIES: Make sure you have selected > "Encoded:multipart/form-data" ... your page HTML shows that it has been improperly configured:
    <form name="contact" method="post" action="contactme.php" enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded" id="Form1">

C. Apparently you have 4 "Buttons" on your page when you should only have 2 ... do you have duplicates (in layers) which would be preventing normal function? The following HTML from your page shows distinctly this issue:
    <input type="submit" id="Button4" name="Button4"value="Submit"style="position:absolute;
    left:486px;top:645px;width:96px;height:25px;font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;z-index:20
    ">
    <input type="reset" id="Button3" name="Button3" value="Reset" style="position: absolute; left:486px;top:613px;width:96px;height:25px;font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;z-index:21">

D. You're absolutely sure your Submit and Reset Buttons are both properly configured AND each well within the FORM AREA?
    Form Size & Position:
    <div id="bv_Form1" style="position:absolute;left:318px;top:253px;width:401px;height:491px;z-index:19">
    Button Position:
    <input type="submit" id="Button4" name="Button4"value="Submit"style="position:absolute;
    left:486px;top:645px;width:96px;height:25px;font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;z-index:20
    ">
    <input type="reset" id="Button3" name="Button3" value="Reset" style="position: absolute; left:486px;top:613px;width:96px;height:25px;font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;z-index:21">

If you have precisely followed the directions outlined in the Tutorials and implemented the detailed Tips offered in the posts above (applying them according to your particular need), it is literally impossible for your FORM(s) not to function. Review this thread with particular attention to identify your error.

* At one point, you may do well simply re-building your page from scratch if you cannot find the specific lapse in your method. Be sure not to Save your page improperly, however, in order to preserve the dynamic functionality of certain elements (elements such as Menu systems, LightBox, etc.) -- these must be individually embedded onto your pages and not simply SAVE PAGE AS method duplicated, which does not protect their formatting: use the COPY+PASTE method to embed each element anew upon your pages before Saving.

Thank you for helping with my contact page -- it is working now.
    I have another form on this page http://www.sandarellas.com/veils.php that is not working. I checked everything you said that helped make my contact page work but it is not making this page work. If you could take a look I would appreciate it.
    Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Sandarella View Post
    Thank you for helping with my contact page -- it is working now. I have another form on this page http://www.sandarellas.com/veils.php that is not working. I checked everything you said that helped make my contact page work but it is not making this page work. If you could take a look I would appreciate it. Thank You
    Convert the "veil comb" selection checkboxes to simple drop-down selections as used in everything else. Make sure the "Veil Color" Table is not in the FORM Area.

The rest you should be able to figure out on your own, after resolving your earlier issue and by studiously following all the directions and Tips noted above..

Default Publishing Forms

I have a problem publishing my site. (www.yeswaysystems.com). I have a 2 menu with different form. It was successfully published but the problem is when I run the website there is an 404 not found error and I don't know what to do. Please help me...

Default Re: Publishing Forms

Quote Originally Posted by arvin0917 View Post
    I have a problem publishing my site. (www.yeswaysystems.com). I have a 2 menu with different form. It was successfully published but the problem is when I run the website there is an 404 not found error and I don't know what to do. Please help me...
    You should be able to find this simple thread in the Forums very easily to provide the solution you seek.

Any page that has a FORM (email Form) on it must be published as PHP, as dictated clearly in the Tutorials.

Review All Three Video Tutorials, AND the Page Instructions below each Video Screen:

After reviewing the above thread completely and the Tutorials, do you still have a FORM on your page that is not working?
    Still confused about how to install a FORM on your "index" page and make it work (see instructions with "index" included)?
    Follow these steps specifically to find and correct your error:
    1. Open your ('index') page in BlueVoda
    4. Under FORM PROCESSING, select "Use built-in PHP form processor to send data to email address" (This selection also resets the page to automatically be published as PHP)
    5. Be sure to edit/enter your valid email address, replacing the example shown by default (yourname@yoursite.com)
    6. In PAGE PROPERTIES (access from the Toolbar via EDIT > PROPERTIES or by right-clicking on a blank area of the page in the Workpane > PAGE PROPERTIES), verify that the "File Extension" has been automatically reset to "PHP" ... if it has not been, make the correct selection to "PHP" before moving to next Step.
    7. Also in FORM PROPERTIES, make sure the 'Name' of the FORM is consistent with the name of the page (defaulted as "contact" and that your "Success" page has also been created and published for the FORM to present after processing (all parts of the script must be present and configured properly: FORM page, Success page, Error page).
    8. SAVE page
    (as "index") only - do not add any page extensions when Saving or Publishing, as outlined in the Tutorials
    9. Re-publish page as saved
    (as "index")
    10. Use BlueFTP to connect to your Root Directory ("public_html/") and delete the previously published "contact.html" page to remove any potential conflicts between your pages.
    11. Refresh your browser to load the newly published ".php" page that remains on the server to your browser cache for full view.

Default Re: Publishing Forms

Hello Vasili, I also have a form problem which I need some help with. This is the page http://www.aacvirtual.co.uk/uploadform.php and the auto responders and emails do not seem to work or the upload. I am using ABVFP and I have the upload folder in my correct FTP directory and the file uploadaction.php has also been added. I added the database and myself as the user. I don't see how the upload is going to get to the right folder as I cannot seem to be able to change the Action in Form Properties to dbts_abvfp.php as opposed to ?php echo basename(_FILE): ? with "greater than" and "less than" arrows at either end. I get an error message if trying to complete the form in BV, Preview in browser, but if I publish the page, the submit button works and I get the success page, but it has not worked. Gulp! Charlie.

Default Re: Website FORM Problems

Sorry, Charlie, but I do not use nor can advise with regard to ABVFP ....

I have never had the need to over-complicate simple email functions by programming a Database. You will need to either wait for someone to specifically address this ABVFP issue in the Forums, or you might try contacting Support for some advanced assistance (ask that your Ticket be handled by Hank ...)

Thanks Vasili, I tend to agree with you about overcomplicating, but...... Will ask Hank! Charlie.

Default after filling the form it doesn't get to my email that I put in the form

after filling the form it doesn't get to my email that I put in the form:
    http://www.mgsportsmanagement.com/MG...ourSession.php

how can I send u the bvp file so u can try and see what's the problem?
    tnx,
    Mili

Default Re: after filling the form it doesn't get to my email that I put in the form

Every element of the Form, especially the SUBMIT button must be within the boundaries of the FORM AREA (the 'grid' Form layer) for the Form to function.

The Page must also be properly configured with the proper entries (i.e. select "multi-part data form" and enter a valid email address to send the completed Form to) as outlined in the Video Tutorial for the Form script to function properly.
    * Review the Checklist of items in this post to be sure you have configured your Form with all that is required.

Please review the Video Tutorials carefully ... these are basic skills that you need to master.
    TUTORIAL: Creating a Form From Scratch
    TUTORIAL: How To Edit a Form Already Created

Default Contact form not working

My url is www.brockton-furnace.com . Using Firefox, access to all pages works well except for the CONTACT US button. I receive a page not found message. If I right click on the button, the form appears and info can be entered, and I get the success msg when I SUBMIT. When I check the email address, the submitted info is not there.

1) Why do I have to right click button to see form and

2) Why do I not get the info in the email address ?

Default Re: Contact form not working

Refresh your browser, or maybe even make sure your browsers are updated ... everything appears fine for me.

The reason your Form is not submitting email properly is because you have not configured or published your pages precisely as outlined in the Tutorials. Double-check your efforts. You may find some steps (in addition to links to the Tutorials) in earlier posts in this thread above.

Default weird scrip or java in background of webpage

hi, i am new to building a website, just managed to get mine published, but have a weird scrip, think its java not sure in the background of one of my pages, ive looked on my webbuilder and cant see anything, any one had the same problem or know how to remove this?
    many thanks

sam

Default Re: weird scrip or java in background of webpage

Quote Originally Posted by sjskinner View Post
    hi, i am new to building a website, just managed to get mine published, but have a weird scrip, think its java not sure in the background of one of my pages, ive looked on my webbuilder and cant see anything, any one had the same problem or know how to remove this?

After reviewing the above thread completely and the Tutorials, do you still have a FORM on your page that is not working?
    Still confused about how to install a FORM on your "index" page and make it work (see instructions with "index" included)?
    1. Open your page in BlueVoda
    7. SAVE page "as-is" with the same Page Name as entered as Form Name in Page Properties above
    only (i.e. "contact" "inquiry" etc.) - do not add any page extensions when Saving or Publishing, as outlined in the Tutorials
    8. Re-publish page as automatically saved by BlueVoda
    9. Use BlueFTP to connect to your Root Directory ("public_html/") and delete the previously published "contact.html" page to remove any potential conflicts between your pages.
    10. Refresh your browser to load the newly published ".php" page that remains on the server to your browser cache for full view.

Default Problem with two forms - please assist

Good morning:

I have created a fundraiser page for the coffee I sell. It is just a website with ONE main page (then the success pages),...

I have two forms on the ONE page. Is that allowed? The problem I am having is that when I submit the request for, it send an email showing that it has been submitted as the order form and the Order Success page comes up. I have worked on it for hours, and so has my husband who has been using blue voda for years. We went through all the tutorials. What are we missing?

http://www.javitafundraiser.com/gillespie/

I also have this page as well:

http://www.javitafundraiser.com/McKinnee/

And here is our "landing page"....
    http://www.javitafundraiser.com/

Thanks so much!
    Michele~

Default Re: Problem with two forms - please assist

Only one FORM per page, if it is to function properly.

If, in fact, you only have one page for your website, or have a FORM on your index page, you should review carefully this same thread (especially posts #11 and #12 which address FORMS on the 'index' page) to understand the concepts outlined in detail in order to properly create a functional single-page website with a FORM.

Default contact form wont publish

hi all,

not sure what im doing wrong, ive added a contact form on my contact page, followed all the steps in the tuturial, checked everything, saved as php, encoding type as multipart/form data, processing boz checked use built in php form processor, saved published, and the form isnt showing online, really dont know what im doing wrong.

www.sjskinner.co.uk

any idea will really help, many thanks

sam

Default Re: contact form wont publish

Quote Originally Posted by sjskinner View Post
    not sure what im doing wrong, ive added a contact form on my contact page, followed all the steps in the tuturial, checked everything, saved as php, encoding type as multipart/form data, processing boz checked use built in php form processor, saved published, and the form isnt showing online, really dont know what im doing wrong.
    1. You are publishing pages you've named using CAPITAL letters when all pages must be named, saved, and published using all lowercase letters and no whitespace (use the underscore or hyphen only between words if you must). Not only must you make corrections to all your page names, but you must also make corrections to your site navigation to reflect the proper methods.

2. Your CONTACT US page has in fact been published as ".html" and the menu links are all created using the ".html" extension: you will need to not only re-name all your pages properly but make corresponding navigational corrections to each page before re-publishing them.

3. It is possible that you have 2 versions of the Contact page published to your account (HTML and PHP) .... PRIOR to re-publishing your corrected pages, I suggest you access your Root Directory (public_html/) of your account and manually delete both Contact page versions from the server, as whenever there is a HTML and a PHP version of the same page published to a single Directory, a page conflict arises and the HTML version will by default display first.
    It is simplest to use BlueFTP to delete these pages before singly re-publishing the correct PHP page version.

ALL of these "issues" are errors in simple basics (Naming Pages, Creating Form Pages, etc.) and are clearly outlined in both the Tutorials and in the countless threads in these Forums. Please review them carefully, and focus on attending to the details of each method and process with great care in order to accomplish the predictably optimal results.

>BlueVoda Video Tutorial Library

>Complete Video Tutorial Archive

Thanks for the advice.
    I have 2 pages with a form on each.
    When saving the error and success pages for each of these forms.
    How do I differentiate between the 2?
    The one page is named contact and the other addaprogram
    Your help is greatly appreciated!!

Another thing that I have noticed Vasili is that the tutorials say that one should select "Multipart/Form-Data" only if you want to do file uploads, otherwise one should always use "Application/x-www-form-urlencoded" You say it should be the other way around!!
    Could you please clarify?
    Best regards!!!

I think I might have sorted that one out!!
    I've simply added a number at the 2nd page's name i.e.contact 2 & error2
    Hope this is right!!

Lightbulb Re: Website FORM Problems

The Tutorials, although costly to produce, are not always perfect, whereas the proven methods repeated in the Forums are worthy to be followed precisely.

A good example is one of the first Tutorials "How to name and Save Your Page" instructs you to manually enter the ".bvp" extension when this is a major break in the method required and continually causes problems for new and unfamiliar Users: pages should simply be Saved to the BlueVoda Folder using a single "name" only and no extension, as BlueVoda automatically adds this as part of the encryption process later to be un-encrypted by the server during the Publishing process which also converts the page extension from ".bvp" to ".html" as it generates HTML Code.

And yes ... the Tip I outline above does prominently mention as Step #7 the need to name each of your page's Forms (via Form Properties), specifically formatted Success Pages and Error pages with corresponding Names in order to clarify for the script which pages to incorporate with linked function. You will need to name the Form itself with unique names, such as you mention: Contact1, Contact2, or AddAProgram1, etc.

Thanks for the reply Vasili.
    ***You are a shining star***

Default Success & Error URL,s

Hi,
    for the contact form, would I be right in saying that the success and/or error URL's in the form properties will read something like:www.sitename.com/contact/success.html.
    I'm sure it is described somewhere but I just don't seem to be able to find it.
    Also, when creating these success and error pages, how are they then linked to the contact form?
    What should one specifically take note of in this case?
    So sorry for troubling you.
    Thanks very much for your help,
    Derek D

Default Re: Success & Error URL,s

You are seriously mistaken in your understanding of how to create and otherwise implement a FORM in BlueVoda, let alone what the URLs look like once successfully created.

Review the Tutorials (especially #21) with particular attention to the simple steps and methods that must not be abbreviated or interpreted.

Just to be clear .... you do not create separate Sub-Directories for each page (or function) of the website --- this is done only as a means to create a separate site altogether that is associated with the main site. Your URLs should look like this when done:
    1. www.YourSite.com/contact.php
    2. www.YourSite.com/success.html

The Contact page and the Success pages are created, saved, and published individually and separately, and are "linked" to each other by the FORM script itself --- which is why you need to pay attention to FORM PROPERTIES to be sure you have properly entered the correct page name, email address, etc.

When in doubt, review again this Tip for clarity's sake.

Hi Vasili, I am also having issues with my form being sent to my email address. I've followed the instructions that you listed for Betty but it still doesn't work. I have listed a valid email address for the form to be forwarded. In the "Encoding As" section, I have tried both "multipart" as well as "...urlencoded". My "success URL" doesn't work and when I click SUBMIT, all I get is a message that reads: "The webpage cannot be found. HTTP 404 Not Found." I've also noticed that when I "rollover" the SUBMIT button, it's linked to my JNJ_contact.php page. My website is www.jeffnealdrum.com Click onto the cymbal image in the lower right and then click "WORKSHEET" to get to the form. Thanks in advance for your help. Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by lefthandrumr View Post
    My "success URL" doesn't work and when I click SUBMIT, all I get is a message that reads:The webpage cannot be found HTTP Error 404
    You do actually need to create, save, and publish a SUCCESS page to fulfill the FORM SCRIPT, you know .... the SUCCESS page does not mysteriously appear by itself! Same goes for an ERROR page, as noted in FORM PROPERTIES .... they are not difficult to create, and simply complete the functional logic.

Here some examples from one of my websites to clearly illustrate the necessity:
    1. My CONTACT Page
    2. My SUCCESS page (seen after successful completion of the FORM)
    3. My ERROR page (seen only if they unsuccessfully complete the FORM as required)

Hi, I hope Im posting my issue on the right page. Just finished my new website and have followed all the tutorials and read the forums but cannot seem to get my contact page to work. Any help please. My website is www.benthejeweller.com.au
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by silandben View Post
    Hi, I hope Im posting my issue on the right page. Just finished my new website and have followed all the tutorials and read the forums but cannot seem to get my contact page to work. Any help please. My website is www.benthejeweller.com.au
    Thanks.
    Your SUBMIT button should appear after the RESET button and not before (the scripted method is linear), and both should be well within the FORM outlines.

Have you properly configured FORM PROPERTIES (email address, "page published as," specified a Success and Error page, etc.)??

Quote Originally Posted by Vasili View Post
    Your SUBMIT button should appear after the RESET button and not before (the scripted method is linear), and both should be well within the FORM outlines.

Have you properly configured FORM PROPERTIES (email address, "page published as," specified a Success and Error page, etc.)??

Hi Vasili,

Ive done it all, even changed the SUBMIT and RESET buttons around. Dont know whats left to do but maybe make another.

Quote Originally Posted by silandben View Post
    Hi Vasili,Ive done it all, even changed the SUBMIT and RESET buttons around. Dont know whats left to do but maybe make another.
    If you are following the Tutorials and are taking the Steps outlined in this thread, be sure when re-creating your page with a FORM that you also adhere to the details outlined in this post for the proper method of page creation using BV12+.

There can be no other source for your error than a missed Step, a skipped Requirement, or a mis-applied method.

Default Trying unsuccessfully to get a form to work

It's been a long while that I've had Blue Voda issues but I've just started playing with the form wizard (don't know why as I have access to Fantastico options and they work fine). I have a test page (http://www.onlineresearch4u.com/testpage40.php) with the form but click submit and all i get is:Warning: mail(/var/log/phpmail.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/jirfwoyu/public_html/onlineresearch4u/testpage40.php on line 80

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jirfwoyu/public_html/onlineresearch4u/testpage40.php:80) in /home/jirfwoyu/public_html/onlineresearch4u/testpage40.php on line 81
    (checking the source code only goes up to 68 lines)Any help appreciated.
    I was using the comment form and the same problem occurred sometime although the error page i created finally came up and the emails came through as they should have. BUT with this support form no email has yet gotten to the designated email as well as that error message above to make it all a double disaster.

Michael J Ming

Default Re: Trying unsuccessfully to get a form to work

Sorry, Michael, but you are pretty much wasting time "playing around" without a good understanding of the Email FORM in BlueVoda and how it really works (there is no Fantastico option, for instance).

You should carefully review all 3 of the FORM Tutorials (numbers 20-22) and additionally give focused attention to the posts in this thread, as these same errors have been addressed repeatedly with clear outlines and suggestions (selection in FORM PROPERTIES of "multi-part data", configuration of email address, etc.).... pay particular attention to the posts mentioning "Page Creation" and the proper methods when using BV12 and later versions:
    If you are following these Steps outlined in this thread, be sure when re-creating your page with a FORM that you also adhere to the details outlined in this post for the proper method of page creation using BV12+.
    There can be no other source for your error than a missed Step, a skipped Requirement, or a mis-applied method.

Default Re: Trying unsuccessfully to get a form to work

I tried carefully to follow the steps without success a few times- as you say there must be a step I'm missing somewhere so I will plug along until I get it right. In reference to Fantastico I was really referring to the php support tickets & the help center there that I use quite often and realise that the form wizard is quite separate from Fantasico but thanks for the advice. The form I now have looks great but still doesn't work. We will keep going hopefully until it does.
    Mike

Mike -- Something isn't right, and I'm sure it's something simple. Use this Contact Form to privately (and securely) send me your phone number so I can call you and walk you through some troubleshooting to get it fixed quick and easy. You can even upload a copy of the BV Page File so I can look at it directly.

I tried your "contact" method and finally manage to get a message sent plus an attachment bv file (with minimal content in message.)

Insofar as you are in Austrailia, I'll not try calling .... and will have to be limited to whatever assistance I can offer after reviewing you Page File itself. Somewhat clever, I am sure I will find something to advise you with .... hang tight!

Thanks so much for your help now and in the past. I look forward to a solution to my little dilemma.
    Mike

Insofar as you are in Austrailia, I'll not try calling .... and will have to be limited to whatever assistance I can offer after reviewing you Page File itself. Somewhat clever, I am sure I will find something to advise you with .... hang tight!
    Just thought I might ask on your progress.
    Mike

I've built my form, saved it, published it and watched all tutorials following the directions. My issue is that the tutorial states that we must name our "success" or "error" areas but since all of us are not fluent in HTML language and don't already know how to do everything.... it didn't say what the name had to be in order for it to function properly. Is it our URL with "success" added to the end or is there another title it needs. My reset button works just dandy but the submit button won't work and I'm sure I've misnamed them.... Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce GaddyEnlow View Post
    I've built my form, saved it, published it and watched all tutorials following the directions. My issue is that the tutorial states that we must name our "success" or "error" areas but since all of us are not fluent in HTML language and don't already know how to do everything.... it didn't say what the name had to be in order for it to function properly. Is it our URL with "success" added to the end or is there another title it needs. My reset button works just dandy but the submit button won't work and I'm sure I've misnamed them.... Thank you.
    Yes - it is as simple as that: www.YourSite.com/success.html for a page designed, Saved, and Published by you as only "success" .... the same method is repeated for your ERROR page as well.

To make everything visually obvious, review the following Quote and click on the Examples shown to see the URLs in your browser and how those pages function within the overall Navigation scheme of your site:
    You do actually need to create, save, and publish a SUCCESS page to fulfill the FORM SCRIPT, you know .... the SUCCESS page does not mysteriously appear by itself! Same goes for an ERROR page, as noted in FORM PROPERTIES .... they are not difficult to create, and simply complete the functional logic.

1. My CONTACT Page
    2. My SUCCESS page (seen after successful completion of the FORM)
    3. My ERROR page (seen only if they unsuccessfully complete the FORM as required)
    *Please note that while my site mentioned above shares a single ERROR page throughout, my SUCCESS page is actually named "contact-success.html" only because I have numerous Website Email Form Pages on this site and each SUCCESS page has specifically composed text to acknowledge each specific submission: this requires similar modification to the FORM PROPERTIES "Success" page hyperlink field (adding the "contact-" to the defaulted "success.html") .... you can see what I mean by comparing these same-site SUCCESS pages how the need for such specific Text replies compel one to create separate SUCCESS pages as a matter of simple proper communication:
    1. "contact-success.html" ... (replies to General Contact Form)
    2. "career-success.html" ... (replies to Career Inquiry Form)
    3. "advertising-success.html" ... (replies to Advertising Inquiry Form)
    4. "rates-success.html" ... (replies to Rate Request Form)
    5. "franchise-success.html" ... (replies to Franchise Inquiry Form) .... and so on.

For most websites a single "success.html" and single "error.html" page is enough, but you do have tools to do more!

If your SUBMIT is not working properly, you need to double-check how you configured your FORM PROPERTIES: these Steps outline them clearly -- especially the email address you entered, and, despite what the Tutorials say, select "Encoded:multipart/form-data".

PS
    DON'T FORGET! Now that you have properly Named, Saved, and Published your "index" page after making corrections from the improper "pcaindex.html" you will need to make site-wide corrections to your Navigation for every link to your "Home" page -- meaning you will need to change links from the incorrect www.porcelaineclubofamerica.org/pcaindex.html to simply the standard default www.porcelaineclubofamerica.org and republish those pages as well.

Default Form Error

Hello. I had a form on my website: https://www.c2ccaptioning.com/webreg.php
    which I used successfully for some time now. However, today, when I made a change to the page (not the form), I tested it and go an error message:

Warning: mail(/var/log/phpmail.log) [function.mail]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/njcascom/public_html/c2ccaptioning/webreg.php on line 94

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/njcascom/public_html/c2ccaptioning/webreg.php:94) in/home/njcascom/public_html/c2ccaptioning/webreg.php on line 95

I looked through the forum and saw a couple other people experienced the same error. I double-checked everything from the checklist as suggested and everything seemed to be correct. So I decided to start from scratch and create a new form using the Form Wizard. I am receiving the same error message and the Captcha box does not appear in my form at all (it should appear between the list of webinar topics and the submit button).

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Form Error

1. Select "Encode; multi-part data form"
    2. Line 94 refers to your Validation: it appears to have been configured improperly
    3. Additionally, it is likely you have used the improper method to SAVE the page, if not also improperly populated elements onto the "new" page before Publishing. See the Tips in the same Thread you refer to with the "Checklist" ...
    4. Re-locate your SSL Cert off the FORM area entirely as it is not part of the FORM and will conflict with FORM Scripting (may explain CAPTCHA error).
    5. Delete your Submit button, install CAPTCHA once again to the left (before) where you intend to have your SUBMIT button, and then once again add your SUBMIT button, making sure both CAPTCHA and SUBMIT are well within the FORM area (in the new "order" as added to the FORM).
    6. Lastly, remove the Google Site Verification when you get the page straightened out and publish without it once: once page is properly functional online, go back and add the newly generated Google Site Verification and again re-publish.

PS: You are spamming KEYWORDS on this and other pages of this site: this page alone has 126 words entered as KEYWORDS (although standards allow up to 100, Google actually favors no more than 20-25 providing they are all anchored within normally composed textual Content -- not just words appearing on the page somewhere, and especially not in any FORM or MENU); you have stuffed in 1,023 characters and spaces into a METADATA field that normally accepts no more than 250. You can see for yourself the obvious infraction reviewing these facts ... It makes no sense at all attempting to comply with Google Web Design by including Site Verification if your "Build" falls far below normally acceptable standards!

Vasili,

Thank you for your quick reply. I apologize in advance. I'm not a web designer...just a small business owner. I have always created my own website so forgive me if I have made some mistakes (re: your PS reference). I removed all the keywords on this page and will remove a good deal of them from the other pages once I get this page straightened out.

I have gone through your list step by step:
    1 confirmed
    2 I don't know what you mean "configured improperly."
    3 I can't locate that checklist. Do you have the link handy? From memory, it said to save as, which I've done, but I would like to review those tips again, please.
    4 Done.
    5 Done. Captcha still does not appear in form area
    6 Sorry I do not know how to remove Google Site Verification. Please advise.

I think perhaps there was a problem with my success page. I had the link as https://www.c2ccaptioning.com/success.html in the form properties. It occurred to me after reading through more forum threads that perhaps I should omit the https:// Please advise on the proper way the success page URL should appear in the form properties.

I just want to mention again I have used forms for years and most recently in September I used the original form I had problems with today without any issues. I'm curious as to why all of a sudden I received an error message.

Thanks again!

Vasili,

FWIW, I just tried my form in Internet Explorer (I normally use Chrome) and Captcha appears in IE after displaying a message about displaying only secure content. I went back into Chrome and noticed a shield that was blocking the non-secure content. So that explains why Captcha wasn't appearing. Of course, I don't want that to happen when my clients go to my webpage. Is there a way around that?

If you are unsure of how to properly configure Validation, just omit it entirely, as once the CAPTCHA is installed properly, the Anti-Spam protection it offers itself should be enough to thwart any Form abuse.

Here is the "Checklist" once again.

Here is the Page Creation Methods Tip mentioned earlier.

If you are having this much difficulty getting a FORM formatted properly using the Wizard, I would suggest you instead build your own from scratch (using the individual Toolbar Icons to install individual elements onto your page, starting with the FORM AREA itself). It may be something of a bother time-wise, but I have never done anything but, and not only have the assurance that all is done precisely, but that it is created and customized exactly the way I desire. You can't really get that using the Wizard ...

As for Site Verification, check your PAGE HTML (right-click on a blank Page area to reveal PAGE HTML option) by clicking on each of the Tabs (Inside Head, Before Body, etc.) to reveal where it was pasted in, and simply delete it.

* I checked all of your Contact/Form pages, and none of them are functioning ....

Vasili,

Well, I'm at the end of my rope. I started from scratch, new blank page. I added a very short simple form - name and submit. I still get the error message. I went through all tutorials, read all the checklists and tips. Could it be as simple as my success & error page links are incorrect?

FWIW, the error message changed slightly:

Warning: mail(/var/log/phpmail.log) [function.mail]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/njcascom/public_html/c2ccaptioning/webreg.php on line 80

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/njcascom/public_html/c2ccaptioning/webreg.php:80) in /home/njcascom/public_html/c2ccaptioning/webreg.php on line 81

I'm ready to give up and have my clients download an unsophisticated .pdf form to fill out and return. I really hate to do that!

Can you help???

You have built a new Page from scratch, but you are still using the Wizard to build your Form (it is obvious by the Form background being visible that is not present if manually created) and that you are not laying in a Form Area manually, and proceeding to add elements by hand and labeling them independently .... and the email script is not visible to me to see what could be wrong (typical of how the Wizard "hides" the script) as your Error now comes up mentioning Line 80 and there are only 44 lines to this sparse page -- another mystery!

Either you have named the Page "webreg" and have not named the Form consistently, or the "Action" is set wrong --- point being there is a breakdown in how the script is set to run on the page, and it is not recognizing a Format or setting.

Or ... it may still have something to do with the SSL Cert being associated with the site and/or page and whether or not it is there or installed properly (I can't see why you even need this on this site if using PayPal).

That is the only things I can see from this side: still the Wizard, the Error mentioning the Form name "webreg" and the "Action" being of issue, and the possibility of the SSL Cert having lingering issues.

Unless Navaldesign can somehow be brought in to examine the code further, you may have to submit this to Support (submit as "Attn; Hank" to get a real person to help).

* You can easily see the difference between your Form (Wizard-created with tell-tale background) and some of mine from a single website (all manually created):
    1. General Contact Form
    2. Career Inquiry Form
    3. Advertising Inquiry Form
    4. Rate Request Form
    5. Franchise Inquiry Form ... and so on.

I didn't use the wizard. I did it manually. And why do they even have the wizard if you can't use it??
    I named the page and the form webreg.
    The action is grayed out because I chose use built-in PHP form:

I took a screen shot of the properties but it won't let me paste here, so I can email if you like.
    I have the SSL because my form has PayPal or credit card.

Thanks for trying to help. I'm giving up because I need to get my webinar announcement launched. They're just going to have to register the old-fashioned way. I'm pretty upset about this because, as I've said, I have been using this form without any problems for a long time.

Cool Contact pag

Please help... I have done everything I have read on the forum. My contact page was working fine... till one day. I have rebuild it, re-named it, but still a 404 error. www.elandskloof.co.za

Default Re: Contact pag

Quote Originally Posted by Elandskloof View Post
    Please help... I have done everything I have read on the forum. My contact page was working fine... till one day. I have rebuild it, re-named it, but still a 404 error. www.elandskloof.co.za
    No, it is rather obvious you have not done everything as you have read on the Forums ...

Your Links all improperly point to a
    www.elandskloof.co.za/contactus.html page rather than to the page as it has actually been Published correctly as www.elandskloof.co.za/contact.php meaning you need to correct Navigation on all pages it is incorrectly shown and re-publish all of those pages. Pay particular attention to Tip #7 below and verify that the Form and the Page are named the same.
    Active Link To Your Properly Published Contact Page - Click To Verify > www.elandskloof.co.za/contact.php

2. Once you have corrected your global Navigation on your site and the page comes up properly, you should then follow Tip #10 below to resolve potential page conflicts.

If after all the above corrections have been made and you find your Contact page not working properly, then r
    eview the following Tip carefully and make corrections to your page(s) as necessary:
    You should be able to find this simple thread in the Forums very easily to provide the solution you seek.

1. Open your page in BlueVoda
    7. Also in FORM PROPERTIES, make sure the 'Name' of the FORM is consistent with the name of the page (defaulted as "contact" but you can change it only if you also change the page Title similarly) ... and that your "Success" page has also been created and published for the FORM to present after processing (all parts of the script must be present and configured properly: FORM page, Success page, Error page).
    SAVE page only - do not add any page extensions when Saving or Publishing (even though the Tutorials incorrectly instruct you to do so otherwise)
    9. Re-publish page as saved

10. Use BlueFTP to connect to your Root Directory ("public_html/") and delete the previously published "contact.html" page to remove any potential conflicts between your pages.
    11. Refresh your browser to load the newly published ".php" page that remains on the server to your browser cache for full view.
    3. You have improperly created your SUCCESS page as http://www.elandskloof.com.za/action.html (indicating a very old method indeed -- Andy's old script, if I remember correctly) when it should be simply created as http://www.elandskloof.co.za/success.html .... Unlike the old script, when using the BV FORM (especially as generated by the Wizard) you do actually need to create, save, and publish a SUCCESS page to fulfill the FORM SCRIPT, you know .... the SUCCESS page does not mysteriously appear by itself! Same goes for an ERROR page, as noted in FORM PROPERTIES .... they are not difficult to create, and simply complete the functional logic.
    Remember to enter each page's Link properly in the FORM PROPERTIES (use the Drop-Down "Browse" button to auto-populate with your Saved pages)!

A. My
    CONTACT Page
    B. My
    SUCCESS page (seen after successful completion of the FORM)
    C. My
    ERROR page (seen universally only if they unsuccessfully complete any site FORM as required)

* Please note that while my site mentioned above shares a single ERROR page throughout, my SUCCESS page is actually named "contact-success.html" only because I have numerous Website Email Form Pages on this site and each SUCCESS page has specifically composed text to acknowledge each specific submission: this requires similar modification to the FORM PROPERTIES "Success" page hyperlink field (adding the "contact-" to the defaulted "success.html") .... you can see what I mean by comparing these same-site SUCCESS pages how the need for such specific Text replies compel one to create separate SUCCESS pages as a matter of simple proper communication (all Links are active):
    "contact-success.html" ... (replies to General Contact Form)
    "career-success.html" ... (replies to Career Inquiry Form)
    "advertising-success.html" ... (replies to Advertising Inquiry Form)
    "rates-success.html" ... (replies to Rate Request Form)
    "franchise-success.html" ... (replies to Franchise Inquiry Form) .... and so on.

For most websites a single "success.html" and single "error.html" page is enough, but you do have tools to do more!

Thank you, will do. Thought I could fix the main pages first and see if it works before doing the rest of the navigation bar. Will fix later today and see if all works. Thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Elandskloof View Post
    Thank you, will do. Thought I could fix the main pages first and see if it works before doing the rest of the navigation bar. Will fix later today and see if all works. Thank you so much.
    It is my pleasure to help you out ... just be sure to do each as mentioned in 1-3!

...and on we go!

Default Still Getting Form Error Message

I completely built a new form (http://www.b2bcopywriter.net/guide.php) to replace the form which was giving me an error message.

I'M still getting the following error message:

Warning: mail(/var/log/phpmail.log) [function.mail]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/dcinzcom/public_html/b2bcopywriter/guide.php on line 80

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dcinzcom/public_html/b2bcopywriter/guide.php:80) in /home/dcinzcom/public_html/b2bcopywriter/guide.php on line 81

And, yes, I have created a "success" and "error" URLS.

So what's the problem?

Regards
    Dave Coyne

Default Re: Still Getting Form Error Message

Quote Originally Posted by DavidCoyne View Post
    I completely built a new form (http://www.b2bcopywriter.net/guide.php) to replace the form which was giving me an error message.

I'M still getting the following error message:

Warning: mail(/var/log/phpmail.log) [function.mail]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/dcinzcom/public_html/b2bcopywriter/guide.php on line 80

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dcinzcom/public_html/b2bcopywriter/guide.php:80) in /home/dcinzcom/public_html/b2bcopywriter/guide.php on line 81

And, yes, I have created a "success" and "error" URLS.

So what's the problem?

Regards
    Dave Coyne
    Why don't you review this Thread above? You describe the same "issue" as many others before you, and they were able to resolve it properly after such simple review as well!

Pay particular attention to the handy Tip List mentioned in Post #27 ... and Tip #3 especially.

Default made form that worked, made changes to form and now it don't work

A few days ago, I made the form from scratch with the wizard and it worked. Today, I changed some field names, positions of fields, email addresses for it to be sent to, and values for the radio buttons. It has no required fields yet I get the error page now when the submit button is hit, I got the success page before. I then changed everything back and it still don't work.

seen at https://www.ezpayrentals.com/rentalapp.php

Many thanks
    Cebb

Arrow Re: made form that worked, made changes to form and now it don't work

Seen this, Mr. Flat?

Quote Originally Posted by cebb View Post
    A few days ago, I made the form from scratch with the wizard and it worked. Today, I changed some field names, positions of fields, email addresses for it to be sent to, and values for the radio buttons. It has no required fields yet I get the error page now when the submit button is hit, I got the success page before. I then changed everything back and it still don't work.seen at https://www.ezpayrentals.com/rentalapp.php
    There is a big difference between building a FORM "from scratch" and "with the Wizard" ...
    If you are having this much difficulty getting a FORM formatted properly using the Wizard, I would suggest you instead build your own from scratch (using the individual Toolbar Icons to install individual elements onto your page, starting with the FORM AREA itself). It may be something of a bother time-wise, but I have never done anything but, and not only have the assurance that all is done precisely, but that it is created and customized exactly the way I desire. You can't really get that using the Wizard ...

Using the Toolbar icons (shown above):
    1. Insert onto your BlueVoda page the "Form Area" which you can properly re-size as desired;
    2. Insert the individual "Form Elements" (Name Fields, ComboBox, Text Area, Buttons, etc.) upon the Form Area completely within margins;
    3. Insert CAPTCHA
    upon the Form Area completely within margins;
    4. Insert SUBMIT Button
    upon the Form Area completely within margins in the last "sequential" position on the Form (usually lowest-right);
    5. Review Form Properties formatting according to this List (especially Tip #3 ...
    and the fact you have a SSL installed on your site requires that you be careful to configure Hyperlinks to Success and Error pages using the "https" rather than the normal "http");
    6. SAVE Page;
    7. PUBLISH Page

One last suggestion ....
    Locate your SSL Cert off the FORM area entirely as it is not part of the FORM and will conflict with FORM Scripting
    Sometimes doing things the Old Fashioned Way by attending to the details independently affords us greater freedoms!

Default Form

Hi ive created a form with the form wizard and when I submit it I keep getting a error 404 code

Default Re: Form

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Holden View Post
    Hi ive created a form with the form wizard and when I submit it I keep getting a error 404 code
    Same issue that has been described countless times here. You have yet to create a SUCCESS page and an ERROR Page to "fulfill" the script, and thus are getting a '404' Error (No Page Found).

Email Form Checklist

Always look in the Forums for solutions to common issues before posting .... most of the time, you'll find them and not have to wait to be answered!

Hi Vasil,
    My website is : http://www.westberegarage.co.uk I have set the web form but i keep get this error message whenever i click the send button: Warning: file_get_contents(www.westberegarage.co.uk/error.html) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/westbere/public_html/index.php on line 33

I have created both the error page as well as the success page, taken all the steps outlined yet i'm getting this error. what am i getting wrong here? Please advise. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by detabz View Post
    Hi Vasil,
    My website is : http://www.westberegarage.co.uk I have set the web form but i keep get this error message whenever i click the send button: Warning: file_get_contents(www.westberegarage.co.uk/error.html) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/westbere/public_html/index.php on line 33

I have created both the error page as well as the success page, taken all the steps outlined yet i'm getting this error. what am i getting wrong here? Please advise. Thanks
    I assume you are using ABVFP, since the Error presented "function.file-get-contents" indicates the Form is tasked to possibly verify or collate the Registration Number on the Index Page "Estimate Inquiry" ....

I am not one to analyze or deal with ABVFP issues since I do not use it. You might find some assistance from Navaldesign (who wrote it), and you can contact him via his website directly > www.DBTechnosystems.com

I'm not using ABVFP. I'm only using the normal form wizard on bluevoda. I selected the encoding option: application/x-www-form-urlencoded, as directed by the tutorial video. The "Registration Number" is just a label for one of the edit box of the web form i created. Please advise. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by detabz View Post
    I'm not using ABVFP. I'm only using the normal form wizard on bluevoda. I selected the encoding option: application/x-www-form-urlencoded, as directed by the tutorial video. The "Registration Number" is just a label for one of the edit box of the web form i created. Please advise. Thanks
    Lose the Wizard-created Form and manually create one on your own without the "suggested" encoding, implementing instead "simple" encoding that is available using the manual method (allowing only text and numbers, for instance). You will find not only a greater design freedom using the manual method, but will not have to deal with pre-configured parameters that may confuse or limit the proper processing of fields that you independently require.

Review the following previous post to familiarize yourself with the manual Form Creation Method:
    > http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/for...tml#post376564

Default submit button or success page not working

Hello,
    I have read over the info on how to add a form using pre built wizzard, i have a contact us page, when you click on the email buttun it takes you to our eamil page with my contact form, i also created a success page, i have done everything and double checked, but when i go online to test it this is what happens.. i fill out the form, and type in the code then hit submit, once i hit submit it takes me to a blank page not my sucess page? im sure its something very simple, but i can not figure it out and its driving me nuts. could you take a look and maybe see what i am missing? thank you.
    http://www.thelodgecudahy.com/email.php

Default Re: submit button or success page not working

Quote Originally Posted by thelodge View Post
    I have read over the info on how to add a form using pre built wizzard, i have a contact us page, when you click on the email buttun it takes you to our eamil page with my contact form, i also created a success page, i have done everything and double checked, but when i go online to test it this is what happens.. i fill out the form, and type in the code then hit submit, once i hit submit it takes me to a blank page not my sucess page? im sure its something very simple, but i can not figure it out and its driving me nuts. could you take a look and maybe see what i am missing? thank you. http://www.thelodgecudahy.com/email.php
    1. Your "Contact Us" Navigation Button delivers to the thelodgecudahy.com/contact.html page where you have the Google Map displayed, along with another link to the "Email" page with the Form on it (thelodgecudahy.com/email.php). Rather odd format, but whatever works for you .... as long as you have in fact properly configured your Form Properties with this new "Name" rather than the default "contact" that is configured automatically by the Wizard.

2. You might have created your "Success" and "Error" pages, but you have not published them (either as ".html" or the proper ".php"), so it is no wonder why the script 'cannot find' them and returns a '404 Error' message. I checked, believe me, and neither page is there under either page extension, so go ahead and publish them immediately (using the proper page extensions, of course).

3. Personally, I would suggest you lose the Wizard-created Form (since you are re-naming it and substituting your own manner of presenting the Contact/Email functions) and manually create your Form instead, as this allows you total access to the Form's Properties and design abilities. Although there are consistent "issues" with Wizard-created Forms in the Forums, there has never been a single issue with a manually created Form (provided it was properly configured). Just a thought ....

* Don't forget to "clean out" earlier page versions off the server so they do not conflict with each other (via page extensions -- ".html" vs. ".php") by using either File Manager in cPanel or by the simplified tool included in BlueVoda, BlueFTP!

Default Re: submit button or success page not working

Hello, I started all over, and i can not get the success page to show up, and it has been published(as a html)
    my contact us page now has the email form on it , this is what i have ..form name contact,encoding is multipart/form-data,
    using built in php form, i have thelodgecudahy****** to send it to and www.thelodgecudahy.com./success.html
    can you check to see what i am missing, on why the success page is not showing up. i greatly appreciate it, thank you.

Hello, I can't get my form to submit to my email... It's a fairly big form, so I created a test form to make sure everything is working properly before I start on the main form... This form is at http://beauxartsfair.com/test1.php It goes to my success page after I hit the "Submit" button, however I don't receive an email (I've also been checking my spam folder, and tried another non-AOL email address... I manually created a form with form wizard, I watched the 3 videos several times, I've been over this thread with a fine tooth comb several times, and verified every step...

1. I went to the page in BlueVoda

2. Double-clicked on FORM AREA to get to FORM PROPERTIES (I also right clicked a couple times)

3. I made sure "Encoded:multipart/form-data" is selected

4. I verified Under FORM PROCESSING, "Use built-in PHP form processor to send data to email address."

5. I entered my valid email address, replacing the example (yourname@yoursite.com)

6. I right clicked on a blank spot in BV to access PAGE PROPERTIES and verified that the "File Extension" is set to "PHP"

7. I also made sure the 'Name' of the FORM is the same as the page (In this case it's "test1" without the quotes of course) ... and that my "Success" page and "error" pages are created.

8. I saved the page without any page extensions.

9. I've Re-publish page several times.

10. I also Use BlueFTP to delete the previously published "test1.php" and "test1.html".

11. I even deleted my internet cache and temp files, and refresh my browser to load the newly published page

But no matter what I do, I do not receive the email... It acts like it's working (it goes to the success page), but nothing..

I'm completely dumbfounded... After reading carefully each suggestion, I even tried placing the "Submit" button after the "Reset" button then re-traced all the steps again.

I know it's something stupid, but after 5 days of combing over everything, I can't get it to submit to my email...

Can you take a look and tell me what I'm missing?... I could even send you screen shots of my page properties if that'll help.

Let me clarify... I built the big form initially, and had this problem, and after trouble shooting that one, I started from a blank page to take out any possible coding conflicts.

Okay... Just thought I'd give you guys an update if anyone is interested... After working on the problem all day going back and forth with tech support, apparently AOL and Yahoo changed their form template policy for security reasons, so the solution is to either create the form to comply with AOL and Yahoo form policies (not sure how to set that up), or put a different email such as Gmail or MSN as the main email address, then cc to the AOL or Yahoo addresses...

I had an existing 'comments' form that was working correctly. I started getting too much 'bot mail' so added captcha, form now fails to contact. I have used captcha and re-captcha, I have used form wizard and created my own. They work until I add the captcha element, please could someone tell me what Im doing wrong...?
    My original working contact form

http://thebakersarmsdroxford.com/contactformtest.php

My failed efforts

http://thebakersarmsdroxford.com/con...estcaptcha.php

http://thebakersarmsdroxford.com/contactform.php (this has both the wizard and manual version)

Quote Originally Posted by cordery7 View Post
    I had an existing 'comments' form that was working correctly. I started getting too much 'bot mail' so added captcha, form now fails to contact. I have used captcha and re-captcha, I have used form wizard and created my own. They work until I add the captcha element, please could someone tell me what Im doing wrong...?
    My original working contact form

http://thebakersarmsdroxford.com/contactformtest.php

My failed efforts

http://thebakersarmsdroxford.com/con...estcaptcha.php

http://thebakersarmsdroxford.com/contactform.php (this has both the wizard and manual version)
    1. It is important to maintain proper order of the elements in a FORM, so their function is not "competing" or interrupting of the other. In your case (whether or not you prefer the design), the proper ordering of elements should be Name, Email, Tel. No., Comments, the Reset (optional), and THEN followed by CAPTCHA and finally the Submit BUTTON. CAPTCHA should always be just before SUBMIT in the functional chain, and SUBMIT the last.
    2. It is common for Webbies to set up "test" pages for FORMS without making the proper entries in the FORM Properties to accommodate the unique Page Name, rendering the FORM useless as it will function only according to the precise settings. It is by far simpler to "test" a single page that is actually Published, keeping the different FORM designs and layouts on separately saved -- yet unpublished -- BlueVoda pages, making it simple to COPY+PASTE them onto pages when and if needed.

* And, as always, be sure to have every FORM element completely and well within the FORM boundary itself to preserve functionality (no overlapping or extending beyond the FORM).

Thread Information