Thread: How does it look so far?

Default How does it look so far?

http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/

I am still working on it....but want some opinions

Thank You
    Tina

Default Re: How does it look so far?

Hey, Tina!

I know you are just getting your feet wet, but from what I saw when I peeked at your initial design, I really think the best advice I could offer is to sit down and really plan out your site: make a list of pages, sections, elements that you want to include and offer to visitors (if to "fulfill" the "Mission" or "Purpose" of the site) and then re-think the layout to best incorporate those important elements ... especially when it comes to creating a Navigational scheme.

You might get an idea of what I am suggesting by looking at a very simple Demo I created to include some of the sections and items that might normally be expected on a site such as this. Mind you, this is just my "take" and meant only to clarify and inspire ..... you'll see I am suggesting a Forum (where parents can interact and support directly one another and you can Moderate progress), some writing possibilities for you to lead by example in sharing with White Papers (which you can create and "store" in a Wordpress Blog and highlight a few in the left navigation as I did), Parent journals, etc. included in the left margin navigation, and some other sections that makes sense if to make a well-rounded offering to a specific interest group such as this. Some other sections might be Family Life, Social Skills, Relationships, Legal Issues, Self-perspective, etc. There are so many ways to offer support, I know, but really a website as you propose should have a much more well-thought offering and support system if to be worth the effort to even publish and maintain, yes?
    A former Educator with a specialized degree in Special Ed-Profound Handicap (Autism, Savant, Aphasic), I am rather familiar with the genre.
    You can do whatever you want, really, but I hope I have provoked some serious consideration of the benefits of having a real website outline, a Plan that can provide the basic structure and cognizant organization that you will need to build upon successfully.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

WOW!! Thank You so much for your insight! It is almost as you knew where I was trying to go with this! I will take your advice and learn everything! I LOVE the demo site you created! Do you mind if I use this template you created?? If not. that's ok, I will learn to build one like that!

Again, Thank You!
    Tina

I have been watching tutorials on installing forum (watched several times) and was going step by step in my attempt to install on and while trying to install this I encountered this error:

The installation can not be completed:
    - You chose to install in the main directory of the domain adhd-bipolar-child.com, but there are conflicting filenames, therefore we can not proceed. Following filenames already exist in the main directory of the domain adhd-bipolar-child.com (path="/home/makemon3/public_html/adhd-bipolar-child.com/").You must manually remove these files before proceeding with auto-installation:
    images

Click on the browser's Back button to fix reported errors.

What am I doing wrong?

Glad my little design was useful ... you can copy it all you want.

Every website (including those created using a script such as Wordpress or phpBB Forums) requires a separate Directory in which to be installed, and that is why you are seeing the Error message after attempting to installing on the Root Directory ("public_html/") of your Domain.

For both the phpBB Forum and the Wordpress Blog, you will need to create a separate Directory in which to install each of them, and Fantastico! does this automatically for you: simply type in "forum" or "blog" in the little white box at the top labeled "Install in Directory" ..... (see phpBB Fantastico! installation image below as an example)

Then, the link for you to use on your webpage navigation would look like:
    1. www.adhd-bipolar-child.com/forum (and to access the Admin Dashboard of the Forum, www.adhd-bipolar-child.com/forum/admn or Login using the link on the index page of the Forum)
    2. www.adhd-bipolar-child.com/blog (and to access the Admin of the Blog, www.adhd-bipolar-child.com/blog/wp-admin or Login using the link on the index page of the Blog)

* It will become clearer to you why I designed the website Demo the way I did, especially after installing a Wordpress Blog. The simple idea of maintaining some degree of design continuity between your site, forum, and blog will become self-evident and very compelling, and for Wordpress especially, swapping out the header images to use the same image as used on your website is a very easy thing to do via the Template Manager Dashboard, and the resulting duplicated design will be very pleasing to you, for sure. The same type of "customization" can be done for your phpBB Forum, depending on the Theme ("skin") you choose to apply --- there are literally thousands of free themes for both phpBB and Wordpress available if you do a Google Search for them.

Thank You so much! You have been so helpful to me more than you could know :)

Glad my little design was useful ... you can copy it all you want.
    Now if I can figure out just how to copy this I'd be at a great start! Been trying to figure out how, but not getting it!

Quote Originally Posted by mrstmb73 View Post
    Thank You so much! You have been so helpful to me more than you could know :)
    Now if I can figure out just how to copy this I'd be at a great start! Been trying to figure out how, but not getting it!
    Again ... you're welcome. It has been my pleasure entirely.

I purposely kept it very simple, using SHAPES or various configuration, with and without Shadows enabled, all in basic colors, so it would be easier to duplicate using the "layering" method by anyone. You will simply need to find your own images to use in the header and elsewhere (mine are mine, sorry!). Experiment with creating SHAPES of different sorts and colors, and in layering elements on your site.

I will share however, that to be more in line with continuity with your Forum and Blog, I configured the page as 1020 pixels wide, and "inset" the page from the left Margin in the BlueVoda Workpane 10 pixels in order to make room for the Shadow on both sides (which was set at -9/9 and 9/9, as I used 2 stacked white 1000 pixel wide squares to show a shadow on both the left, right, and bottom page edges).

* Page Margins set at 1020 pixels wide in PAGE PROPERTIES
    * Header image 1000x333, doubled (two Shapes layered atop another) to display shadow on both sides (shadow set at -9/9, 9/9)
    * Page Area 1000w, doubled (two Shapes layered atop another) to display showing on both sides (shadow set at -9/9, 9/9)
    * Rather than the normal requirement that all page elements be "Locked in the Top-Left" position withnin the BlueVoda Workpage (the 0/0 Axis Position), in order to display the Shape with a Shadow effect on the left edge, the Header and the White Page Area Shape must each be "Inset" or MOVED TO THE RIGHT 10 pixels from flush-left against the Workpane Magrin: this will allow both the left page edge and the right page edge some room to display the Shadowing effect and still remain exactly "Centered" when published.

I will share however, that to be more in line with continuity with your Forum and Blog, I configured the page as 1020 pixels wide, and "inset" the page from the left Margin in the BlueVoda Workpane 10 pixels in order to make room for the Shadow on both sides (which was set at -9/9 and 9/9, as I used 2 stacked white squares to show a shadow on both the left, right, and bottom page edges)
    I am not understanding what you mean by

"inset" the page from the left Margin in the BlueVoda Workpane 10 pixels in order to make room for the Shadow on both sides (which was set at -9/9 and 9/9,
    I am beginning to understand about shapes, but need to learn about layering, I will experiment with that one! Also where can I put some good free images of kids, since this site will be about kids that have ADHD and Bipolar? Then when I find a image I like do I just resize it in PIXresizer?

See above updated post for particular Tips.

Yes ... you can use the PixResizer to properly size and crop your images (the Header I used is 1000x333)

Do a Google Search .... there are plenty of free image sources to choose from, all of them paying particularly close attention to the Search Terms you enter. Try a number of Search Terms to see how the selection of images changes -- you are bound to find something to use that fits your fancy.

I am sorry to keep asking questions, but I am learning so much from you!

the Header and the White Page Area Shape must each be "Inset" or MOVED TO THE RIGHT 10 pixels from flush-left against the Workpane Magrin
    How do I know if I move images and shapes to the right at exactly 10 pixels? Is there a tool in BV that I have missed? As soon as I know this, I will be good to go to start experimenting....although I am sure before my site is finished I will have more questions

Header image 1000x333, doubled (two Shapes layered atop another) to display shadow on both sides (shadow set at -9/9, 9/9)
    do you mean 2 of the same size shape and 2 of the header picture all on top of each other to layer it all? Or just 1 shape and picture header on that to create shadow?

http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/test1.html

Is this what you are talking about?

I was bored so I formatted a few headers for you consider and published them HERE for you to copy from.

http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/test1.html

Is this what you are talking about?
    1. You need to re-position the Header flush to the very TOP of your Workpane .... there should be no "gap" between the top of the published page and your header.

2. It's obvious that you have taken an image and added a Shadow to only the same sides (RIGHT and BOTTOM) and "doubled" them ('stacked' the same image) which makes the shadow appear much too dark. Not only that, but you should "adjust" the color of the Shadow from the default "Black" to a gray color so it appears more appealing against the background color, and especially when you will be "stacking" them as you do not want the Bottom Shadow coming out too dark as a result.

At the bottom of the page I have created an example of some Shapes that have a Shadow enabled (since you can only shadow 2 edges at a time, you need to create multiple layers to shadow BOTH sides of anything), and how once "stacked" they properly have a shadow on each side as intended. You apply the same principle to images and anything else you want shadowing on both sides.

REFRESH THE "SAMPLE BANNER" PAGE in your browser to reveal the updates added since you first saw it ... I added another snapshot describing how to adjust the COLOR and DEGREE of TRANSPARENCY of the Shadows.

Thank you again so much for your help! I have 1 last question ( I promise....LOL) I now understand the layering and such, but I can't figure out how to get the shadow effect to appear on the left side top and bottom. I know how to do the shapes, just not how to make them appear on left side too!

Thank you again so much for your help! I have 1 last question ( I promise....LOL) I now understand the layering and such, but I can't figure out how to get the shadow effect to appear on the left side top and bottom. I know how to do the shapes, just not how to make them appear on left side too!
    I mentioned it above ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasili View Post
    I will share however, that to be more in line with continuity with your Forum and Blog, I configured the page as 1020 pixels wide, and "inset" the page from the left Margin in the BlueVoda Workpane 10 pixels in order to make room for the Shadow on both sides (one set at -9/9 and the other set at 9/9, as I used 2 stacked white 1000 pixel wide squares to show a shadow on both the left, right, and bottom page edges).
    * Page Margins set at 1020 pixels wide in PAGE PROPERTIES
    * Header image 1000x333, doubled (two Shapes layered atop another) to display shadow on both sides (shadow set at -9/9, 9/9)
    * Page Area 1000w, doubled (two Shapes layered atop another) to display showing on both sides (one shape's shadow set at -9/9, the other shape set at 9/9)
    * Rather than the normal requirement that all page elements be "Locked in the Top-Left" position withnin the BlueVoda Workpage (the 0/0 Axis Position), in order to display the Shape with a Shadow effect on the left edge, the Header and the White Page Area Shape must each be "Inset" or MOVED TO THE RIGHT 10 pixels from flush-left against the Workpane Magrin: this will allow both the left page edge and the right page edge some room to display the Shadowing effect and still remain exactly "Centered" when published.
    Review the bottom of the "ADHD DEMO BANNERS" page using the link and refresh it in your browser to reveal any updates since it last loaded in your browser .... note at the bottom images showing two shapes each with different sides shaded and the settings indicated textually in the shapes themselves: this is why it is important to configure the COLOR of the Shadows with a lighter gray than the defaulted Black, as when you place one over the other they combine to make a much darker bottom edge (where the Shadow is doubled).

In fact, the image at the bottom of the banner page is incorrect since I was trying to best illustrate the CONCEPT rather than give specific instructions: the correct settings should be for the color indicated in the illustration (the gray in the top-right of the Color Sampler) to set the OPACITY for 30-50% in order to not make it too dark when both layers are stacked .... or ... to use the second from the top-right grey setting, and to set OPACITY to 50-80% (not the 80% in my illustration), as this lighter gray when doubled needs to be more noticeable without being overly pronounced.
    Experiment. You'll see for yourself this concept must be adjusted according to the background color and overall desired effect ....

I don't wanna say I am stupid, but right now I feel that way!
    and "inset" the page from the left Margin in the BlueVoda Workpane 10 pixels in order to make room for the Shadow on both sides (one set at -9/9 andthe other set at 9/9,
    I can't figure out how to inset to 10 pixels

Lightbulb Re: How does it look so far?

Return to "ADHD DEMO BANNERS" and refresh it a few times so the updated INSET instructions that have been added are visible.

Again Thank You so much! You have gone well beyond to help me & I appreciate it so much! After re reading & looking over everything, I think the light bulb in my head is on now! I guess I should have waited until I had more sleep.....have a 3 month old son who had me up all last night!

Anyways.....I think I got it!! I am sure needs some adjustments, but I now know what I need to do! Thank You again :)

http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/adhd01.html

Looking Good!

...and on we go!

I am beginning to learn forum and I have watched the tutorial many times and followed exactly as shown and I get through it and when I click the link to log in to admin area and this is what I keep getting! I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and keep getting the same thing

Information

Access to the Administration Control Panel is not allowed as you do not have administrative permissions.

Nevermind......It's working!!

It's still in progress, but I am actually getting it and having some fun doing this :) Here is what I have done so far: http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/adhd01.html I know there's some adjustments to be made still! One thing I am having a little problem is inserting navigation in between the header and start of page! Everything I seem to put there doesn't look right :(

Cool Re: How does it look so far?

I am having a little problem is inserting navigation in between the header and start of page
    It's all about configuring the appropriate Font Size in the MenuBar Properties 'Style' Tab and adding extra spaces after each Item entry to properly "space out" Navigation items horizontally in a balanced, normal-looking display. Use your mouse to rollover "RESOURCES" in the Demo to see how it functions.

ADDDITIONALY ...

Your Page Text is extended too far across the page and interfering with the other elements: it is important to "emphasize" Content by creating obvious distinction from the rest of the page, so you would be better off "narrowing" your Page Text display area significantly (not your white "Page Area" shape, but the Text Displayed on that Page Area).

This "narrowing" of your Page Text will be easier (and make more visual sense) if you do not add extra lines between your "Introductory Questions" that are also errantly shown in differing text color (making the content look not normally composed), as if to suggest they are hyperlinks to another page: not only is this clumsy "optimization" methodolgy very outdated and visually confusing, it is incongruent with the methods required by the "New SEO" outlines of using H-Tags for any "emphasis" of organically composed Textual Content (so to better fit in with normal Relevancy establishment). Also very important to keep in mind is to be sure all the "most important Content" (which later should have H-Tags applied) is always kept "above the fold"
    * not just for visual appeal and first impressions with intelligent interaction stimulated, but also as a demonstration of compliance to the Search Engines according to their expectations and processes of evaluating with regard to formulating Relevancy on how your Content was composed, displayed, and emphasized (optimized according to the "New SEO").
    Open your Test Page in another browser Tab, and then open the Demo in a Tab next to it so you can switch back and forth to compare the differences and to prove to yourself how the eye will pick up on the "problems" of the page before it begins to actually "read" the page. This is how carefully you must create a balanced visual appeal and invisibly integrate the technical aspects.

I would also check your image top-right of the Page .... the shadowing is much too dark and dis-similar to the left-margin Navigation area which has purposely been given a Shadow effect to make it stand out from the Textual Page Content: giving other elements on the page Shadows tends to appear overbearing when not fitting with the obvious continuity, especially when those elements are "additional visual contributions" and not formally linked to Page Optimization. My point is that it is not necessary, and genuinely is a distraction: "Less is More"
    To "match" the radiused shape of Left navigation gutter and the AdSense border (to maintain visual continuity) as seen in the Demo (which has a more balanced and cleaner overall appeal), simply create a SHAPE and select Radius Corner, and then select "Fill With Image" and your selected image will automatically be re-formatted with matching radius corners.

The explanations above may be over-the-top and technical, but simple visual appeal should always be your initial guide to a balanced, technically-compliant Visitor Appeal. Every detail is important and contributes to an optimally performing and functionally complete website. I have taken the time to comprehensively outline throughout this thread many of the methods, logic, and techniques that are not fully detailed elsewhere so that the many others reviewing this might benefit from the sharing and discussions.

Overall, you seem to be getting the hang of things quick enough, and once you sort out the difficulties of properly installing a Forum and a Blog, you will usher in the more tedious (and seemingly endless) task of "customization" and technical formatting ....

* Keeping important and initial impacting Page Content "above the fold" is a universal standard in web building, and refers to a common "media" concept going back to the Newspaper days, where the biggest, most important headlines and images were to be kept above the halfway-mark of the front page, so it would be visible when the paper was folded and on display in the hand, the racks, bundled, and in the lap of the reader. Typically in web building, the "fold" mark is 650 pixels down from the top of the web page, as this is where monitors of nearly all User-set resolutions will cut off the page view, despite the size of the actual monitor. Thus, keeping all your most important Content no lower than 650 pixels from the top of the page is in keeping with keeping your Core Content "above the fold."

I made some adjustments and published new version. To me it looks not quite right because the adsense is longer than text, but can't decide which adsense ad would look best in there. I tried the 120 by 240 one but to small, and when I added 2 of them didn't look right to me. I am sure I will get it figured out after experimenting :)

Arrow Re: How does it look so far?

I would still move your Page Text at least another 5 pixels to the right - as it is now, it is too close to your navigation for visual comfort.

You can always add additional items under your Navigation area to 'balance' things out once you know what all you'll be presenting as Navigation.

I would also move your White Page Shape Area (and everything else on the Page) DOWN at least 3-5 pixels in order to accommodate your yet to be installed MenuBar Navigation, so it is not unduly affected by the bottom shadow of the header.

You should eliminate the Hyperlink on the Text on the upper-right image and create over the entire image a transparent SHAPE to hyperlink to your Forum instead. This allows you to utilize the entire image area as a link rather than simply Text or image area around text placed over an image (you should see this inability to not be able to link both elements at the same time, just as in your Header: you should also create a transparent Shape and Hyperlink it rather than have your header linked only where text is not).

You have formatted the text in this image very unusually, and it is not appealing with the white highlights: use the LogoMaker instead to achieve better formatting and shadowing of non-bold text with colors that match your Header (for continuity).

Beyond these obvious minor adjustments, you should be fine proceeding on your own from here on out .... Good Luck, Tina!

Thank You again....you won't hear from me again until I get the site all done and want it reviewed before publishing it :)

I have been working & re arranging site and I think I am doing ok, but have a couple problems. The first one is when I add the menu bar I can't figure out how to get it to go all the way across under header. I have tried everything, and the only way I can get it all the way across is to enlarge the text on it, but then looks hideous. The second problem is I can't decide if my new image on top right looks better with or without a border around it.

Here is the changes so far: http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/indexp.html

Sorry wrong link, it published as main page http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/

Lightbulb Re: How does it look so far?

I have been working & rearranging the site, but have a couple problems. 1.The first one is when I add the menu bar I can't figure out how to get it to go all the way across under header. I have tried everything, and the only way I can get it all the way across is to enlarge the text on it, but then looks hideous. 2. The second problem is I can't decide if my new image on top right looks better with or without a border around it.
    1. This was mentioned above ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasili View Post
    It's all about configuring the appropriate Font Size in the MenuBar Properties 'Style' Tab and adding extra spaces after each Item entry to properly "space out" Navigation items horizontally in a balanced, normal-looking display.
    For instance .... (referring to the Demo) ... when adding "RESOURCES" as an item under the MAIN navigational tree, after typing in RESOURCES you need to use the keyboard spacebar to 'add extra spaces' in order to create 'positive padding' between the Items in the horizontal display. Experiment. It can seem to take forever to figure out you need to add 6 and not 4 spaces after all the Items, but it is the only way. *Keep in mind you do not add any spaces after the last Item you enter (which is shown as CONTACT in the Demo)

The reason your image looks awkward is purely visual: A. The image you chose is "too white" in general nature, and does not have the contrast against the page background that is usually required for a natural visual impact. Also, the image border "competes" with the Bold Text formatted within the image. Try using a 'lighter' font that is not Bold, and seriously consider using another image with definitive contrasting colors (as shown in the Demo, for example). B. There is no need to increase the Border Width (which would eliminate the natural appeal) if these individual elements can be combined properly.

Something that has not been mentioned, but that is 'glaring' nonetheless -- and hopefully you will take this to heart without resistance: You have re-written your Index Page Content considerably, and have not only made some errors in syntax and sentence structure (which Flags with the Search Engines immediately), but you have made it much too personal, to the point of repetition and redundancy. The Index Page Content is supposed to be the perfected "Introduction" to the entire website, giving visitors (and the Search Engines) a clear indication of what is available on the Interior Pages and specific Sections -- something to provide visitors the compelling desire to engage and for the Search Engines a basis to formulate and evaluate the Relevancy of your site. As it is written now, it seems as if you are straining to establish some personal note or credibility, as if to transfer it to the site (which is supposed to be all about offering Support, information, insight, and resources). This "personalization" needs to be carefully composed, and specifically reserved for the ABOUT section and not plastered on the "Front Page": you do not want visitors to think the site is nothing but a compendium of personal opinion and just another lame site that does not maintain objectivity or a professional aspect. Not only is is coming across as disorganized and/or confusing, but it is a definite 'Turn-Off' and telegraphs a very unprofessional attitude. Who would want to join a Forum or believe in the resources if it is simply one person's opinion being projected? The "personal insights" and revealing of your character (if not credibility) is usually a result of interaction in the Forum discussions and "positions" you share in some Articles.
    It should always be your official position to temper personal opinion with the dedication to universal fairness and professionalism in how you provide useful, generic support, resources, and information.

Some insight on writing website Content can be reviewed here, with the concept that is most important being to consider ALL the nuance involved when interacting with a faceless mass that visit your website. It's all about becoming (and staying) relevant and in regard by those whose interests you serve.

3. Something that has not been mentioned, but that is 'glaring' nonetheless -- and hopefully you will take this to heart without resistance:
    I appreciate your advice & won't resist your advice :) You have already been a big help to me and I am grateful for that! Thank you for your advice.

but you have made it much too personal, to the point of repetition and redundancy.
    I did that because I thought the more I use the keywords of my index page, the better, but you are right, and that will be changed too!

Thank you again.....you have been so helpful!!

I spent all day today working on menu bar and thought I had it almost looking right, so I published it and when I did, I must have did something wrong cause it is messed up. you can see here what I mean: http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/index2.html

I was under the heading & between white page area, but it wasn't after I published it. I am still working on the padding settings on menu bar, but obviously I did something wrong placing the menu bar

I took your advice & changed up the info on page and changed the picture as well http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/

I am planning on changing some names on menu bar, just kept same as yours while I experiment and learn this :)

Default Can someone help me

I have been working on my website and learning so much, but I am having major issues right now. I added a menu bar and placed it under the header image and before page area, and it is there when I preview the page, but after I publish the page the darn thing is over on left side of page and not where it is supposed to be. You can see what I mean by here: http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/index3.html What am I doing wrong and how do I get the menu bar to stay under header image?

Default Re: Can someone help me

I figured out what I was doing wrong! I wasn't moving all the files over to where they needed to be. Now that I know what I was doing wrong, I can adjust it better. I am sorry I asked so many questions, but I thought that is what this forum is for.

Arrow

Become more familiar with the Forums ... this has been repeatedly posted (pay particularly close attention to "#2" in the post, and be sure to also review the link in the post to affirm proper method) >> http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post374365

Were I you, I would change the Font in your MenuBar from TimesRoman to Arial, as this would be more visually acceptable being more similar to the other Fonts on the page/site (complimentary design is visually more "congruent" and builds continuity).
    The reason your Menubar is not evenly "centered" across the top of the page is because you have too many 'added spaces' after RESOURCES in the MenuBar Properties. The important aspect to the "Tip" of adding extra spaces is to make sure you have the SAME NUMBER of added spaces after each Item (remembering, of course, not to add any spaces after the last Item --- as this would add unnecessary spaces to the right side of the MenuBar, and ultimately extend off the page outside the margins).
    It is really not necessary to add "Credits" to your page on the prominent areas for any Images Sources you may have used ... they can be just as "officially" mentioned in an obscure portion of another Page's Content, such as "About" or "Resources" or even "Useful Links" depending on how you create that Content. Placing such mention as you have totally lowers the professional appearance of the site entirely, IMO.

* Rather than have you struggle unnecessarily and use a less than realistic image that defeats the "real people" message on the image, you may as well simply copy the elements for the more realistic "Join Our Forum" image I used in my Demo and simply re-assemble them to get the look that is best. * Remember to add OVER the assembled image a transparent Shape that you will eventually hyperlink to your Forum --- once it is installed properly.
    1. Basic image (400x400 -- you can use this to "fill" whatever sized Shape your site needs)
    2. Join Our Forum
    3. We Are
    4. Real People Offering Real Support
    5. Formatted Image (sized per Demo requirements with 2pt border)

Assembling them precisely will hone your positioning methodology and be a practical lesson on attending to the Details that are so important ....

Default Hoping this post doesn't get deleted

I am experimenting with Bluevoda and I am going to redesign my site. I have been working on the header and I was wanting to know if it looks good, don't mind the rest of page it is a mess

http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/test.html

At 1250 pixels wide, it is far beyond the standard of 985 maximum acceptable width in order to comply with Search Engine parameters .... not to mention the inability of being universally viewable across multiple device types.

Creatively, it appears to be a significant devolution, but since you have such obvious emphasis and/or devotion of page space to AdSense rather than organic Content, it might be fitting after all. Your choice, right?

Thank You for your thoughts & advice! I am getting frustrated because I seem to mess it all up, but I will get it eventually! What I am actually trying to do with my site is something like this, not copying it, just wanting my site to fit the whole browser window. Here is what I mean: http://www.chadd.org/ Again, I do not want to copy site or anything from it, I just want my site to be something like this where it will fit the whole browser window

Can this be done in Bluevoda?

Pretty sure you are asking about a "responsive" site template, where the website adjusts automatically to the Viewer's browser settings. If so, you should review this post.

Maybe if this is what you really want, you should consider using either Soholaunch, Joomla, or Wordpress, each of which have templates (or "themes") that are specifically written with this feature included, and all of which can be easily auto-installed via Fantastico in your cPanel.

Yes, that is what I am meaning....sounds really complicated but I will work at it. I have found a different header I am going to purchase and the size is 3000 by 2000 so would I then use pixresizer to size header to 1000 by 333?

Images are offered over-sized for for a reason: so they can be re-sized according to the requirements of a template or page dimension, as images can be made smaller without problem, but when making larger they often lose definition.

Auto-sizing templates use this principle to their advantage (making images smaller according to demand of the Viewer's browser), but they too have a set size written into the template page code that must be originally loaded.

The required image size depends on what route you decide to take - BlueVoda, Soholaunch, Wordpress, Joomla, etc. Again, your choice.

The required image size depends on what route you decide to take - BlueVoda, Soholaunch, Wordpress, Joomla, etc. Again, your choice.
    Are these easy to install? Meaning what directory name should it be so that it points to my site (hope I am making sense) I want to experiment and see how difficult or easy it will be for me to learn

If you wanted to "experiment" and build skills using CMS, I would suggest you use Fantastico in cPanel to install the easy-to-earn and rich selection of free resources supported Wordpress platform in a separate, indescript new Directory that will be auto-created for you (by enetering a name in the Directory Box during installation).

It is all spelled out in the Tutorials:
    > How To Install Wordpress Using Fantastico in cPanel
    > How To Install Template Themes Into Wordpress

When you get the hang of things and are confident of moving your Content over into a real installation, you can with one click "un-install" Wordpress from this temporary Directory and then re-install it into your Root Directory ("public_html/") to replace your BlueVoda website.

You will still have your BV pages saved on your local system (and if you are using BV12+) and copies of your originally designed pages in ".bvp" format on the server, should you need to retrieve them and/or re-publish them at a later date. Win-Win.

Thank you, I will experiment with WordPress.

Anyways, I found a header image I liked and purchased it, and tried to resize it with pix resizer to 1000 by 333 should I just choose to stick with Bluevoda, but it looked horrible and I think I just wasted money :(

This is the image I was trying to resize http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/canstockphoto8733283.jpg

Ok, after experimenting I think I finally cropped the header right http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/new.jpg

* Rather than have you struggle unnecessarily and use a less than realistic image that defeats the "real people" message on the image, you may as well simply copy the elements for the more realistic "Join Our Forum" image I used in my Demo and simply re-assemble them to get the look that is best. * Remember to add OVER the assembled image a transparent Shape that you will eventually hyperlink to your Forum --- once it is installed properly.
    1. Basic image (400x400 -- you can use this to "fill" whatever sized Shape your site needs)
    2. Join Our Forum
    3. We Are
    4. Real People Offering Real Support
    5. Formatted Image (sized per Demo requirements with 2pt border)

Assembling them precisely will hone your positioning methodology and be a practical lesson on attending to the Details that are so important ....
    I missed this somehow! I just wanted to say "Thank You" for letting me use this image!!!

I have been up all night trying to get this just right, and somehow it still doesn't look right. I can not get the left side shape to look right and I do not think the nav bar is right either http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/test2.html

Taking a small break while I take my 8 month old son to Doctor, then when he is napping, back to it I go! I will get this right sometime!!!

I have been up all night trying to get this just right, and somehow it still doesn't look right. I can not get the left side shape to look right and I do not think the nav bar is right either http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/test2.html

Taking a small break while I take my 8 month old son to Doctor, then when he is napping, back to it I go! I will get this right sometime!!!
    Actually, this is a major improvement overall, and one that serves you better than the layout currently used on the site for one reason in particular: the "Left" side of any website is "premium space" insofar as it is the first location both the Search engines and the human eye travels to when "reading" and this is where you should have supplementary Navigation and Important Content start ..... your previous layouts had placed AdSense in the most upper-left position (even within the Navigation area!), and all along the Left Content area and these areas need to be reserved for actual elements of your website! This also might help to demonstrate why in all the Demos I consistently positioned AdSense as I did, along the Right side of the page only, and never within the page Content Area.

This "new" layout properly places AdSense to the far right of the page, and is sized complimentary to the "gutter" position defined by the width of your "Forum" image.

As for your Navigation issues, it really is all simply a matter of Spacing (for the Main Navigation consider reducing by one the extra Spaces added to each Item) and possibly re-formatting: the Left navigation might be easier to deal with if each "Heading" with links be created in separate, smaller Text Boxes that can easily be aligned similarly but which will allow that extra vertical spacing that seems obviously unequal. Also, it is a fact that Text Boxes that are "too long" generally lose formatting, so it is important to create longer Content displays as multiple Text Boxes instead of just one. This same principle applies to any Text Box, including those used to configure Navigation in a gutter.

Thank You...I will make the changes!! So is it best to only have 1 adsense ad on my pages, and that being where it is currently? One last question. Where is the best place to put my RSS feed button?

Yes ... AdSense should always be a strategic "non-interfering" minimal contribution to a web page, not an obvious emphasis, if only to "reign in" the number of Outbound Links that are disfavored by the Search Engines.

Were it me, I would place the RSS icon (no text necessary, as any savvy Visitors that understand RSS already know what the icon means) in the same general area that Social Tools are relegated -- in the upper-right of the website, preferrably in the Header Area distinctly apart from the Content area (illustrated by my example here). You may wish to simply place the coded icon on the lower-right of your Header Image itself, thus freeing up more actual Page Area for the more important things ... as suggested here:

HOWEVER …. I have a feeling you do not really understand RSS in current times, or what it is intended to do, and, as such, you may wish to re-think your overall web design strategy.

RSS was the first original tool intended to “Share Content” typically between a website and a Blog (such as a similarly themed Wordpress site) so that when you published an article on your website, it would be auto-populated on another website that was subscribed. Not too many individuals have a website that want to have Content from another website auto-populated, as this diminishes their own efforts and runs the risk of having the Search Engines flag their site as having too much “duplicate content.”
    Thus, RSS soon became a different Content sharing device, mostly for sharing PodCasts, or “streaming sessions” instead of static content (which was much more suited for people to view using a cell phone - the convenient choice of the majority). You are not regularly producing PodCasts, are you? This means another negative aspect from devoting a simple website to using RSS in a less-favored format. Another aspect is that individuals typically do not have the technology to poll and display static Subscribed Content using RSS methodology, and this is the exact reason why Twitter has become so popular and effective in maintaining engagement with followers/subscribers. But it is not the only reason ….

The advantages of properly integrating Visitor Engagement using the most popular and universally accessible methods is imperative in these times, and the compelling reasons to add this functionality to your website are far too many to list even here. “Social Media” has become the basis for maintaining engagement with a verifiable and typically ‘convertible’ consumer segment, and these most important Social Media platforms are still free to participate in and manage effectively. It should be something any webmaster should include in an overall web design strategy.

The second image below illustrates the Social Media you should concentrate on:
    1. FACEBOOK If you have not created a free “ADHD” Page already, this is something you should do immediately. It is by far the most active manner in which to engage (and engage effectively) with individuals on the internet. You can post articles, updates, and anything else that is relevant to a subscribed audience.
    2. TWITTER If you have not created a free “ADHD” Twitter page already, you should do so immediately, as this is the primary means to communicate directly to subscribers (followers) using the tools they already have in their hands without the need to have them visit a website to review content. It is very easy to announce a newly posted article or web feature in the 140 character spaces allowed, that should include a link directly back to the page it was posted on so you can draw visitors back to your page easily and conveniently... and it is delivered directly to their phones!
    3. GOOGLE PLUS (G+) Another free site that many are commonly using in addition to Facebook and Twitter, G+ is considered “more business oriented” and generally engages with a much more converting and loyal following. If you do not yet have a free “ADHD” page on G+, you need to create on immediately and manage it just as you would the Facebook page (even duplicating FB posts onto G+).
    4. SHARE Allow your website Visitors the ability to share your site or page with their friends and following on their own across whatever platform they desire – it is simply an expansion of exposure that is free and unpredictable. There are more than 250 ways a Visitor can share your site, including email to a friend, add to favorites (which places your URL in their browser for convenient re-visit), Digg, Pintrest, etc. The point is to offer whatever support you can for others to share and expose your site with others. It’s free, you know.
    ** It is very important to note that the "Share" icon shown is separate from the other icons that link directly to the sites they represent: AddThis is defaulted to configure the button to display other icons (FB, G+, etc.) as a means to Share, not as a link to another site, so be careful in how you actually configure your Share button. You will need to "edit" the actual code before pasting into a BV HTML box to only "show" the AddThis Share icon (as is done on my site mentioned above). You can configure your Share button at www.addthis.com More on this is detailed below.

Once you fully understand these strategies, the following suggested “Social Layout” will make more sense:

You will note the difference in the Icon size in the second Banner Demo, as AddThis only has two sizes to choose from - 32x32 pixels (which would be much too large to use with three others on your banner as needed, as even the first Demo was done using 24x24 images) and 16x16 pixels, which is the smaller icons layout shown just above.

For instance, this is what your uniquely generated AddThis Code should look like that you should use and paste into a BV HTML Box alongside your other Social Icons in order to show only the AddThis icon and not any others for sharing purposes only:
    <!-- AddThis Button BEGIN -->
    <div class="addthis_toolbox addthis_default_style addthis_16x16_style">
    <a class="addthis_button_compact"></a>
    </div>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/250/addthis_widget.js#pubid=****dd3*****2301***"></script>
    <!-- AddThis Button END -->

* You need to visit www.AddThis.com to create your own code that will include your own specific website ID info (shown in goldenrod above) and simply "edit" this unique Publisher ID into the code as shown above before pasting into your BV HTML Box and publishing.

Note that the above coding specifically configures the solo Share icon as 16x16 pixels (shown in red), meaning that all the other icons you should use need to also be 16x16 in size to create the uniformity required. You can use this 16x16 set of icons if you wish:
    ... ... ...

Thus, when the BV HTML Box is placed in alignment with the other 3 independent images (which are each unique images separately linked to the respective sites) you will have a fully functional and minimally intrusive set of Social icons to aid Visitors in subscribed engagement.

WOW!!! Thank You very much! I will remove the RSS and do the things that you have so wonderfully suggested ;)

I added my content to my test page and I think it is formatted correctly. Should I shorten the left side navigation ( and move the links that will be removed when I shorten it, and place those in the main navigation) to make it look better?

http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/test2.html

As far as "adjusting" your navigation, I would suggest the following:
    1. In your "Main" navigation (the one that is at top and horizontally displayed), I would EDIT Menu Items:
    A. EDIT "ABOUT" Menu Item to "ABOUT US"
    B. EDIT "MISC/CHILD DISORDERS" to simply "OTHER DISORDERS"
    C. EDIT "BIPOLAR DISORDER" to simply "BIPOLAR" to 'fit' with how ADHD and OCD is described;
    D. EDIT "FAMILYLIFE" to the proper "FAMILY LIFE"
    E. EDIT Positions of "CONTACT" and "PRIVACY" by at least switching them ('Contact' is traditionally at far-right) ... do all of these suggestions so all Items both appear more cogent and "fit" better within Page Boundaries.

With regard to your Left navigation, I would:
    A. be sure it is aligned precisely as is the right side gutter on the Page area, meaning that it is exactly as far down from the top of the white page edge and as far left as the page edge as your "Forum" image is on the other side, and
    B. your Left Navigation area could be thus adjusted in WIDTH to better accommodate all the links displayed in that section, making this the Left Gutter the same width as the Right Gutter.

Also, do not forget to "break up" your 'long' navigational Text Box into smaller, shorter individual ones in order to preserve formatting across all browsers and to better manage spacing within the gutter section.

It is important to not ignore the same method of Text Box management when designing your Content/Page Area .... since you will be using multiple Text Boxes to better preserve the formatting of your Textual Content, defining the actual Page is important with regard to assisting the Search Engines properly caching your Content --- thus it is strongly suggested you not attempt to "wrap" your text around objects on your page, but instead maintain the same overall dimensions and precisely aligned positioning of your Text Areas. Currently, you are "wrapping" Text under AdSense on the right page gutter, which should not be done: it should naturally extend in the same margins down your page. (As it is now, the page text can be centered better between the Left and Right gutters only after you properly edit and re-size the Left navigational gutter as mentioned above)

It is important to not ignore the same method of Text Box management when designing your Content/Page Area .... since you will be using multiple Text Boxes to better preserve the formatting of your Textual Content, defining the actual Page is important with regard to assisting the Search Engines properly caching your Content --- thus it is strongly suggested you not attempt to "wrap" your text around objects on your page, but instead maintain the same overall dimensions and precisely aligned positioning of your Text Areas. Currently, you are "wrapping" Text under AdSense on the right page gutter, which should not be done: it should naturally extend in the same margins down your page. (As it is now, the page text can be centered better between the Left and Right gutters only after you properly edit and re-size the Left navigational gutter as mentioned above)
    I understand what you are saying about the text, when I do this, should I extend the left navigation and right gutters down the page, or just leave them as they are?

You can leave them properly sized (the Left gutter needs to be adjusted somewhat longer, and the links vertically spaced better) just the way they are .... the "Page" is thus more defined and traditionally "read."

Besides ... you can always use the space to "fill-in" with other items that are page-Relevant (especially on the 'index' page), or did you forget about such suggestions as I displayed on the very first Demo such as the "Donation" Link?? You might have other things to show, such as an eBook title, a Link to another related Article, a link to an Event, etc. You are not limited to creating visual links to other pages within your site, and this "extra space" becomes quite valuable as a self-promoting element in the long run ...

PS:
    I forgot to mention above that the main Menu "rollover" Style is really bad .... the shift from white to a peach color on the Sub-Menu items is a very poor choice, for so many reasons. You need to change them to be all the same, and to a more legible color: I suggest from WHITE to PURPLE (the same Purple used elsewhere on the site) or WHITE to BLACK, with the Main Items and Sub-Items with the SAME BACKGROUND -- which is fine currently, being the same color as the Site background.

... and ...

One last suggestion: when working with Square Shapes to define sections as shown in the first Demo, it is quite acceptable to have the very top edge of the Header flush with the top of the web page. Not so when working with "rounded-corner" shapes!

Make the corrections easily in this manner:
    1. With the Page open in the BV Workpane, use the keyboard CTRL+A to "select" everything on the page;
    2. Using your Keyboard "Down Arrow" move everything on the page "down" at least 5 clicks, so to better define the page Header and to "soften" the contrast between a squared page top against the rounded Header Shape.

When done, click once off to the side of your page to "release" your "mass-selection" before Saving the Page and Publishing.

Gotcha ;) Now I am good to go, and I Thank You so very much!! I am actually excited because I finally understand how it will all come together and now as I look at my work in progress I realized just how tacky my site looked and unprofessional!!!

PS:
    I forgot to mention above that the main Menu "rollover" Style is really bad .... the shift from white to a peach color on the Sub-Menu items is a very poor choice, for so many reasons. You need to change them to be all the same, and to a more legible color: I suggest from WHITE to PURPLE (the same Purple used elsewhere on the site) or WHITE to BLACK, with the Main Items and Sub-Items with the SAME BACKGROUND -- which is fine currently, being the same color as the Site background.
    Thank you for that....I was trying to figure out what the best look would be!!!

* See "updated" Post #53 above

Made the suggested correction ;)

Thank You so much again......you have helped me so much!!!!

Thumbs up Re: How does it look so far?

Very much on the right track!

1. Do not apply shadow to the Social Icons, as when using the "AddThis" Share icon (which is generated by the HTML code) will not have such an ability to add a Shadow, and you want them all to match. Re-download the icons from my Post #49 above which have been "updated" without Shadow and use them exclusively.
    2. The spacing horizontally of the Social Icons needs to be perfected .... insert onto your page a BV HTML Box 16x16 as a placeholder until you actually Publish the page with the active code (which afterward you may need to re-Publish a few times after tweaking the position, as the HTML-generated icon will not show up in Preview)
    3. You need to better even out the spacing of the Main Navigation ... "pull in" the right side (make smaller from the right edge) and re-center again by moving the Main Navigation to the right a few clicks.

The only thing now is to uniformly present Content, Links, and other text uniformly across the site.
    Personally I think you should "reduce" the font size of your Page/Article Headlines. and increase the size of your Left navigation Links so they are more easily read and conforming to the page as complimenting one another, but that is just me. (You might once again review the Demo to see the balance I am talking about that I think is missing on yours).

And actually I was thinking about this last night .... you should have some kind of symbol or graphic design that is like a small "logo" element (maybe that can be set near the Textual Title of the site) so you can use that single small graphic as the sole element as the Favicon for the site --- the little design shown on the Browser tab, like my "L" with a Lion on my sites. I was having a hard time coming up with an idea (I first thought a Small Butterfly -- as in reborn, or metamorphical changes -- or maybe a leaf, etc.), but whatever it is to be, it should be single color and very simple so to render nicely large with your Logo Text and by itself in the Favicon. The Favicon is "uploaded" to pages as would be a Background Image once it is selected in PROPERTIES before Publishing.
    Create yours here > http://www.favicon.co.uk/ (you should have an image ready to be converted to ".ico" and to the proper size)
    I have a very cool Purple Butterfly (and Purple IS the "color" for "Handicap" issues, right??) with a transparent background that would be perfect, to both place on your Header and to convert to Favicon .... I'll show it here in a small size:

Just an idea ... (or two!) .. of how to properly integrate a Favicon into your website to create the balanced design and recognition that converts unique graphical design into an effective overall "Brand" imaging:

Good Work!

I should leave you on your own from here!

Thank you for you thoughts & cool ideas ;) I redid the left navigation with smaller text boxes and increased text size from 8 to 9. http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/test2.html

I looked and could not find anything I liked so I decided to use your butterfly image idea and I have been trying to place it and I did get it placed, but not sure if I did it correctly

Cool Re: How does it look so far?

You need to change them to be all the same, and to a more legible color: I suggest from WHITE to PURPLE (the same Purple used elsewhere on the site) or WHITE to BLACK, for the Main Items and Sub-Items, each with the SAME BACKGROUND -- which is fine currently, being the same color as the Site background.
    What happened with this? A mouseover color change is important as an aid to Visitor site use, and the WHITE to PURPLE was perfectly fine .... just the Sub-Items needed to fall into continuity.

I too, think a Purple Butterfly is probably the best type of image to "work in" to be something of a Brand symbol and that will work best as a Favicon, seeing as how they need to be integrated obviously. The Butterfly is very symbolic for many reasons, and is really a "softer" image to introduce into the website and "image" you are creating .... especially the fact is is purple (the color of autism and other similar handicaps) and suggesting "change" and "rebirth" (something you strive for as a result of sharing resources and education to make a difference).

The use of two butterflies over the Social Icons was my way of showing you the "progression" of design, and how it was the compelling final design that provided a more true "balance" in the overall header (filling empty space, natural "look" etc.) and to "connect" the concept of the Slogan (which emphasized "Community") to the aspect of Social Media (another "Community").
    * You will note that such visual "connection" is not as complete in yours as it is in mine, however, for your Slogan position is not on the same "line" as the Social Icons as it is in mine: this helps to provide the best visual continuity, and also to properly define the spacing of the 'bottom of the Header' .... making it more acceptable to the eye and more natural to "read" and thus "pull the eye" over to the Social Icons (added "importance" and/or "credibility" of the site) and an immediate invitation for Visitors to "engage" --- all within those critical first 15 seconds.

Some more design details that are too important to ignore are noted in this example:

You may also choose to use a 20x20 (or so, but no bigger than 24x24) butterfly image to identify the "End" of an article also .... I am sure you have seen them used elsewhere ... and this will provide not only the unique signature of your site to all documents and page displays, but it will be a fine detail of continued "balance" to the tying the Header to the bottom of your pages. Additionally, as an image, when used as such a "closing" to articles, you can add ALT TEXT to the image that will contribute to the page's overall optimization, such as "From The ADHD-BiPolar-Child.com Resources Archive" (which will prove 'relevant' to every page if named so) -- I am sure you can see how adding this "optimized" element to your pages adds both visually and SEO-wise.

I may be going on and on, but these aspects of intelligent web design are rather important and often overlooked, just as they are in most businesses. In this case particularly, the absence of a Favicon that is recognizable as part of the Brand would be seen as an obvious incomplete effort, something that would signal your website as less than professional or well-thought than I believe you wish. I am happy to see you agree, and have begun to use a Favicon, and using the one suggested that unifies and truly compliments your site.

Web Design is all about the details .... from not just understanding how the technology works and must be configured, but how you must translate normal human interaction and business concepts into a digital presence with the required visual balance, intelligent flow, and functional purpose. It is for this reason alone that I in particular always stress having a detailed Website Plan before getting busy building a site .... few take my advice, however, and I am sure many struggle with the challenges of why their vision doesn't work or look as nice as they planned.

I have spent much time and effort to not only guide you through many different specific Steps but to illustrate them visually so the impact of my suggestions would speak independently. I hope that you (and the countless others that read this thread) will benefit from the Tips, Outlines, and Inspirations presented and be better able to build your sites in like kind.

Try to remember the Basics always: attend to all the Details precisely, accentuate the intelligent Flow, maintain natural Balance in all, and purposefully facilitate full Function​ according to requirement and expectation.

I will take all your suggestions and apply them to my site. One last things is I will be creating a FAQ page, but not sure what kind of questions/answers should this consist of

I am sure you told me already but I can not remember how. in your above example, I see it say 16 pixels from bottom of text to page edge how do I know just how many pixels up from bottom is? I can not remember how to tell how many pixels is an element placed in.....hope I am making sense
    Do I use arrow keys and count 19 up?

Cool

I will take all your suggestions and apply them to my site. One last things is I will be creating a FAQ page, but not sure what kind of questions/answers should this consist of
    These should be the most basic type of questions, similar to what someone might ask on the phone or at the Reception Desk. They can include simple questions about the Site (although more should be offered in the About us page), "First Steps" questions any parent might ask, some quick answers about how to find Local Help or more Professional help, etc. They might also conclude by offering questions and answers meant to slow any panic or excitement by parents who have "diagnosed" their own children and are looking at what to do next .....

I am sure the more you write some questions down yourself, you will see how to not duplicate efforts already made on other pages, but by keeping things abbreviated and more pertinent, be able to "steer' Visitors to another resource on your site or elsewhere for more definition.

I am sure you told me already but I can not remember how. in your above example, I see it say 16 pixels from bottom of text to page edge how do I know just how many pixels up from bottom is? I can not remember how to tell how many pixels is an element placed in.....hope I am making sense
    Do I use arrow keys and count 19 up?
    Yes ... that is the easiest way (and it IS 19 pixels).
    But, since you need to put other things on the same line across the area, you may simply wish to use a Shape extended out to align the remainder of items to the Shape's top edge (after which you can delete the Shape) rather than going to the trouble of selecting and moving the icons as a "group," or individually using the X-Y Position Plotter to determine their comparative position.

Font Key
    Logomaker - Bradley Hand Font, Bold, Size: 44
    Logomaker - Eras Light ITC Font, not bold, Size: 16

Still having issues with Links (layout) and Link Styles -- especially the Left Navigation, which still shows your "Hyperlink Style" as not changed from the defaults? Don't forget the very first Demo that serves as one example of what proper (and Standard) method of Site Navigation could optimally look like. DEMO

Here one last time is the 'updated' example image to serve as a design outline for you before I leave you on your own to continue building your skillset (because you really only learn how to best build webs by doing, experimenting, improvising and applying the concepts):

DO ALL THIS >>

TO GET THIS >>

Simple, really!

Seriously, though ... I have to stop. This is supposed to be your website that reflects your design and creativity, and everything should pass your muster -- whatever that is and however it is to be expressed. It is up to you. Always has been, and always will be. So ... tis time to have others chime in to give some pointers and comments as you finalize things ....

I made all the needed adjustments and man I hope it is all correct now!!! I know all this hard work will eventually pay off :) Again I wanted to say 'Thank You' for all your help and guidance!!!!

Still having issues with Links (layout) and Link Styles -- especially the Left Navigation, which still shows your "Hyperlink Style" as not changed from the defaults? Don't forget the very first Demo that serves as one example of what proper (and Standard) method of Site Navigation could optimally look like. DEMO
    Not sure what you mean or how to change links, but I am experimenting until perfected ;)

Arrow Re: How does it look so far?

Not sure what you mean or how to change links, but I am experimenting until perfected ;)
    Said nothing about "Links" per se, but rather "Link Styles":
    The point is to "see" (understand) the essential value in creating a functional "Navigational Continuity" ....

I know I said I was done asking questions, but I ran into a little issue and am having trouble correcting it. I use Google chrome as my web browser and everything looks ok with the main navigation in middle, but was having some issues with chrome, so I checked my site out in IE and the main navigation was hanging out right after the contact link, so I re centered it and it looked fine in IE, but when I go back to chrome browser, it is in too far to the left. Is there a way for this to look correctly in both browsers?http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/index.html

I know I said I was done asking questions, but I ran into a little issue and am having trouble correcting it. I use Google chrome as my web browser and everything looks ok with the main navigation in middle, but was having some issues with chrome, so I checked my site out in IE and the main navigation was hanging out right after the contact link, so I re centered it and it looked fine in IE, but when I go back to chrome browser, it is in too far to the left. Is there a way for this to look correctly in both browsers? http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/index.html
    Well since no one answered me, I finished my site the way it is and not gonna worry about it not displaying correctly in Internet Explorer! I am sure it is not perfect but it is what it is!

Thumbs up Re: How does it look so far?

You would be better off "merging" in your Main Menu "Other Disorders" and "Mental Disorders" into a single Menu Item such as "Other Disorders" as was shown on the DEMO (being sure to "pull in" from the right side the margins of the Menu to make overall smaller width-wise), not only because it reduces the horizontal spacing required to make it easier to properly 'center' across the top in all browsers, but also because it makes more logical sense altogether, according to Topical Importance.
    * And, to point out an obvious "Error" .... your PRIVACY page-link should not be in your Main menu, but in the Footer area of each page, as according to Law (also as shown on the DEMO), it must be displayed on each page in order to be accessible to all Visitors, but it is an "additional" component of a website, and not part of the unique Content that should comprise the main menu selections per SEO Rules. Thus, when PRIVACY is relocated and removed from the Main menu, "US" is added to CONTACT to become CONTACT US -- just as ABOUT US, these and the merging of "Disorders" will afford you both the cleaner look and the reduced width that will make 'centering' the Main menu easier, more logical, fully compliant, and visually more appealing.

Providing more room to center-fit better the Menu thus will prove to be much easier when finding a 'happy medium' as you "proof" your site design by viewing in multiple browsers .... making the slight compromises to assure a more optimal View. This "proofing" of a site's design using multiple browser views is one of the basic techniques, and is one that is not usually deemed something that needs be officially added to any List -- it is something you should have picked up very early simply by reading the various posts in the volumes of Threads in these Forums.

Still needing your attention also:
    Whatever happened to formatting a "Navigational Continuity" by defining Hyperlink Styles in the Left Navigation? Again, refer to the DEMO.
    The 'spacing' of your Social Media icons/links is still obviously uneven and thus perpetuates a unnecessarily burdensome visual incongruity.
    And a few more things you should pick out on your own ....

You have been afforded sooooooooo much assistance (as evidenced by the laboriously prepared Posts in this Thread) that has been directly instrumental in the evolution of your site (I still have a screenshot of the rudimentary "pink" BV Template site you initially presented) that it is rather unexpected for you to become so impatient and demanding at this late juncture. It seems quite ungrateful, at best. But, it is also the reason the effort was made to let you go further on your own, to truly build your own Skillset, and to marry those Skills with the resultant website design that you could truly (and proudly) call your own.

It just takes one step forward to make progress, and to do it on your own is more meaningful than to be guided every step of the way. Have fun, and be happy with what your hands have wrought!

Thank You again for all your help! I have completely given up on getting the icons right so I went a different way. Now off to work on your other insights and suggestions :)

http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/newtest.html

Whatever. Be aware, however, that such scripts only present properly on desktops, as the abbreviated browser versions on tablets or phones -- which account for approximately 48% of all visitors today -- do not fully interact with the "responsive" nature of the script code. (The core reason I suggested another way)

Whatever. Be aware, however, that such scripts only present properly on desktops, as the abbreviated browser versions on tablets or phones -- which account for approximately 48% of all visitors today -- do not fully interact with the "responsive" nature of the script code. (The core reason I suggested another way)
    Ok I will practice until I get it right :)

Whatever happened to formatting a "Navigational Continuity" by defining Hyperlink Styles in the Left Navigation?
    This one has me stumped. Where do I change Hyperlink Styles?

FORMAT > STYLES > HYPERLINK STYLES
    or
    In the Hyperlink Dialog during the actual process of "linking" text using the Hyperlink icon in the Toolbar.
    TUTORIAL

You should also review this Thread for critical insight regarding applying Hyperlink Styles page-to-page .....

I have been working on redoing my site because my computer crashed and I lost EVERYTHING, so I had to wait until I was able to get a new laptop.

I have changed some things, but basically the same design. I have been rereading & studying this thread so I could get it all perfect, and I think I have most of it. I am having some issues on where the best place would be on header to place butterflies? Also, please do point on anything I missed or did not do correctly

http://adhd-bipolar-child.com/index2.html

Thread Information