Thread: If you like Hip-Hop or R&B Music

Default If you like Hip-Hop or R&B Music

I finally finished this bad boy. It's not completely finished yet but folks can buy and download instrumentals and listen to some music at least. I haven't tested using safari, netscape, or IE....only firefox so far. Any feed back from different browsers would be great. Also if you know anyone who might be interested, please pass along a link. Thanks to VH for all the tools, great promotions and awesome customer support!

Default Re: If you like Hip-Hop or R&B Music

First Class site, Sergeant First Class!

It will serve you well. Good example of creative cart design.

(PS - Check out my step-daughter's site)
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Hi wgreene,

Wow what a fabulous site youve built there...on my AOL the music that plays when the page is loaded is all broken so cant get a real taste of the sound.

I tried IE to and that was fine for a little while then that went the same way ....ive no idea why that happens ..might be my old cranky pc ....lol

one other teeny weeny thing ....your paypal banner isnt inline with the vodahost banner it need to shift more to the left ...told you it was teeny weeny lol

Well done that man.. youve done a fantastic job!
    Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
    http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

wow thats some awesome site

Great site.
    Sharon Chajin

Great site, well done.
    ~Jan~

Jan's Place
    The Life n' Time's of Lady J'
    Picture This!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    God made man....then he had a better idea!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nice site, the music works ok for me in Firefox.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to check out my site. I will also try downloading netscape to try. I apologize for the AOL broken music, I'm not sure why that is. However that is huge. I used a flash player to differentiate from most other sites. The flash player is supposed to instantly load and start playing "as" it is streaming to the cpu so there is no wait time to hear the music.

Now I just have to work on my SEO strategies. 1 step at a time!
    Thanks again for visiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Vasili
    First Class site, Sergeant First Class!

It will serve you well. Good example of creative cart design.

(PS - Check out my step-daughter's site)
    Vasili, what great music. That's what I love to hear, talented artists who just love music. Is she currently on tour anywhere? I would love to set up a free artist page for her and I'd put a link to her site on her album cover. Just a thought but certainly very good music. Must say she's beautiful as well. I know your a proud step-father.

Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by royb
    Nice site, the music works ok for me in Firefox.
    Hey Roy, thanks for taking the time to test, I appreciate it. How R things cross seas? Just curious....have a good one!

Wilson

Wilson-

She is just finishing up the last tracks for her newest CD, then probably moving to Miami for simplicity. She just wrapped up touring, her last was opening for (God! I forgot her name...really BIG HH star...in Atlanta, and before that Miami ...Missy E??), so she's back to the closet for a while.

On her site (in her Gallery...which I just noticed some pix aren't working..hmmm) are more of some of the people she works and hangs with, and you might see her Mom and her together in some. *We've been dating for almost a year now...I'm trying to wrap up my business 'machine' tight to get back to Florida to rebuild the family, thus: our meeting in Voda- my website(s) solution house!!

She's charted Billboard, is popular request throughout the SE, and does clubs selectively. I hope she keeps the momentum up. Glad you liked the site and all. There is not a lot of this genre in Voda yet....

Awesome Visili,

I am happy for her! Yes, there is not much representation for that genre here at VodaHost. Hopefully I will be able to draw some people that take their music seriously to VodaHost. They have enough tools to make a good multi-media site if you know how to use them. Our company really wants to focus on helping promote others online. As big as our Industry is, there isn't a large online presence. I take that back, there is but I still think the bulk of up and coming artist's do not have an identity online and if they do it's very broad and unfocused. Thanks for the post and as far fetched as this may be, if your step-daughter ever has the free time and desire to do a promo for us, that would be sweet. I actually want our site to be balenced with HH, dance and R&B so we will just have to see how it all plays out. Check my links page tomorrow. I will have a link up to her site. Have a good weekend!

Wilson

Wink Re: If you like Hip-Hop or R&B Music

perfect site also the hormony of the colors are nice. With your site i begin to like Hip Hop Music

Quote Originally Posted by janset
    perfect site also the hormony of the colors are nice. With your site i begin to like Hip Hop Music
    Thank you for the kind words Janset. I guess it's all in how you present the music. So many are not really serious about it, so they don't put much effort into it. While I love producing music, I don't like a lot of the mediocre material out there that isn't even worth listening to. With that being said, you'll have to visit my site from time to time as more people sign up so that your next statement will be " I love this music" :) I will be adding a membership portion to the website shortly. Have a good weekend.

WG

Wilson-

Gotta be honest. I passed looking at your site as I am not into hiphop music. But......- you do it right! Really enjoyed it and bookmarked it. You did a first rate job on the site. What else more can I say- Very nice job. I wish you the best.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Andy,

I appreciate your honesty. You'd be surprised at how picky I am when it comes to music. It's a little different for me because I create the music and others put lyrics to them so I view things from a different POV. I like music that is original, creative, and inspiring, and can find those attributes in ALL types of music. Thanks for visiting. I took the time to design the site correctly because in the end even if you are not a big fan of hip-hop or dance music and happen to run across it, you will at least say that some hard work went into making it. I'm currently 1/2 way through an M.B.A. program so I look at everything from a business standpoint and the question I had to ask myself was would I shop here and until I could say "yes" I kept pluggin away. Have a great weekend Andy!

I think for anyone who likes that type of music the site is excellent. The information is comprehensive and the sounds load quickly.
    Have a look at your "Get a Free Website" page, there is one spelling mistake where it says "....get your own space our here....."

wgreene! That is some good **** there man.Keep it up ! Nice site aswell. Well done be proud of your self.Have you got msn or an email adrees so you can teach me some of that stuff if you have please add me or send a email to hash-boi********.com --- Safe ¬!
    .:Business Is Me - Me Is Business:.

Quote Originally Posted by royb
    I think for anyone who likes that type of music the site is excellent. The information is comprehensive and the sounds load quickly.
    Have a look at your "Get a Free Website" page, there is one spelling mistake where it says "....get your own space our here....."

Thanks Roy, will fix ASAP.....hate spelling mistakes but there is ALWAY at least 1, good catch!

Quote Originally Posted by hash
    wgreene! That is some good **** there man.Keep it up ! Nice site aswell. Well done be proud of your self.Have you got msn or an email adrees so you can teach me some of that stuff if you have please add me or send a email to hash-boi********.com --- Safe !
    I'm pretty expensive hasboi. Seriously though, I'd like to make a little ebook of tips and tricks. If you get a chance go sign my guestbook so I have your email and when I go get around to making it, I'll give you one for free!

WG

Thanks Mate.Safe ! Ill sign it right away. Edit : i cant find the guest book Urh ?
    .:Business Is Me - Me Is Business:.

hi WG

I am using IE, 1024X768 res, it seems well optimised for it, it fits in nicely, everything functions optimally, nice work!

Beautiful Desert State of New Mexico "Heart of the Desert"

Very nice site. Still dancing to music. My 20 year old loves the sounds and colors. Good work

Quote Originally Posted by laindia
    Very nice site. Still dancing to music. My 20 year old loves the sounds and colors. Good work
    Thank you very much!

WG

Quote Originally Posted by gueorgui
    hi WG

I am using IE, 1024X768 res, it seems well optimised for it, it fits in nicely, everything functions optimally, nice work!

Thanks for visiting. IE is touchy with some code, so I am glad that is looks good in IE!

WG

it is a very good website and its purpose is well served

Very cool, Wilson!

It's looking better all the time. ..Sorry I didn't get back to you on the other thread...been VERY busy the past week!

**And again, Brooksman, do you have a Voda account/website you would like to share? You've been so kind sharing in the Forums these last 2 days, I wonder if you are doing well yourself, or if we can adivse you particularly???

Its a very nice site !!!

I have 2 quick questions:

1) How does the music start playing instantly. You mentioned it is streamed using flash. Any tutorials for this ? I have lot of MP3's to be used in my site.

2) How did you create a custom player? Any tutorials?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ram

Arrow Re: If you like Hip-Hop or R&B Music

Quote Originally Posted by Ramkumar
    Its a very nice site !!!

I have 2 quick questions:
    1) How does the music start playing instantly. You mentioned it is streamed using flash. Any tutorials for this ? I have lot of MP3's to be used in my site.
    2) How did you create a custom player? Any tutorials?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Ram
    Ram,
    If you remember, this was the site I referred you to way-back-when you first joined the Forum, to show you what you could accomplish for a music site/showcase.....
    Each of the elements you inquired about are discussed in detail in the appropriate Forums, and can be easily studied in the Tutorials as well.
    This particular thread is intended for review of this particular website, not for technical "help's"....I know you understand!

Excellent ... very very well done ... Tasteful and informative ... everything works for me ... loads quickly, colors are terrific ... awesome job ....

It's hip to the Hop all the way to the top!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Nice

Thread Information