Thread: Scams From Nigeria to Japan

Default Scams From Nigeria to Japan

I wonder how many people fall for this.

JAPAN EMAIL PROMOTION INTERNATIONAL
    INTERNATIONAL PROMOTION SECTION

PRIZE AWARD NOTIFICATION

We are pleased to inform you of the announcement made on 15th of may 2006, of winners of the JAPAN EMAIL LOTTO PROMOTION, as part of our promotional draws.

Participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from 2,500,000 email addresses of individuals and companies from all part of the world as part of our electronic business Promotions Program.

Note that you/your email address qualified for the draw.

as a result of your visiting various websites we are running the e-business promotions for. You/Your Company email address, attached to ticket number 343-221-8756, with serial number 454-17 drew the lucky numbers 3, 8, 13, 22, 27, 41 and Bonus number 12 and consequently you won in the Second Category of the JAPAN FORTUNE LOTTO DRAW.

Your winning Ticket is Number. 343-221-8756
    Your Serial Number. 454-17
    Your lucky draw Numbers are. 3, 8, 13, 22, 27, 41 Bonus Number 12
    Your INSURANCE Number: FLS433/453L/GMSA

You have therefore been approved for for the payment of the sum of US$500,000,00 in cash, which is the winning amount for the Second category winners. This is from the total prize money of US$2,650,000.00 shared among the international winners in the Second category.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Please be informed that your CHEQUE of the sum of US$500,000.00 is now with INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL BANK OF CHINA{ICBC} deposited with your email address which won you this prize. Therefore your requested to contact your Claim agent,HENRY FRANK give him your full names,address,telephone and identification so that he will get all the neccessary documentation to enable you claim your money with the ICBC Bank. To begin your claim, please call your claim agent immediately.

MR.HENRY FRANK
    FOREIGN SERVICES MANAGER,
    JAPAN LOTTO,CHINA OFFICE
    PLAZA DE MAR ZHENG CHINA
    EMAIL:henryfrank001******.co.uk
    TEL:+(86)-13427949381
    NOTE: In order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications, please remember to quote your reference and batch numbers and other information provided above and below in every one of your correspondences with your claims agent. Moreover,we have noticed some illegularities and double claims,we advise to you keep your winning information secured and confidential until you receive your money.
    Congratulations' once again from all our staff and thank you for being part of our promotions program.

Sincerely,

MRS. JOY KAMAH
    VICE PRESIDENT INT.PROMOTIONS
    EMAIL:www.japanemaillotto.net

[pq6zg81dkzj]

Default Re: Scams From Nigeria to Japan

Ive seen that one. I dont trust anything that says Ive won. congradulations, I dont sign up for anything..well, maybe a lottery ticket here and there. but Ive found the only way with good conscience to get money is to work for it.

complete scam, stay way clear. Many of poor souls have fallen victims.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

moving to review section.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

I received the same email from England lottery last month. They asked me my bank account to make an international transfer. I didn't send nothing, so I received a phone call from a men with a strong african accent asking why I didn't send my details??????
    Was very strange....I made some research and founded that was a Nigerian fraud.
    I live in Portugal and they can attack anywhere.
    Caution......easy money don't exist.

This may sound a lil harsh, but seriously, lets face it.. isen't it the case that only fools fall for those scams..??!!.. Here are some pointers that even the naive knows:

1. These scams are not new. They have been exposed many times over the years and almost every known authority warned its citizens from reacting to those scams.

2. Ok, so I've never bought a lotto ticket on Mars, yet I believe that I won the lotto on Mars.. a bit strange..!!

3. I have a multi-million dollar company asking for my bank details to send me a truck-load of money.. If this multi-million dollar company decides to spend $25 they could enhance their operations with adding an option for their customers to chose the method of payment to include checks, bank to bank guarantees where their bank confirms their details before mine.. etc.. So they forgot to do that, and I thought it's cute, smiled and gave them the bank details..

In that case I would be the biggest fool walking around.

If it is true that people do actually fall for these pethatic tricks, then easy money does exist... EASY MONEY FOR THE SCAMMERS.

Quote Originally Posted by ez-ez
    This may sound a lil harsh, but seriously, lets face it.. isen't it the case that only fools fall for those scams..??!!.. Here are some pointers that even the naive knows:

1. These scams are not new. They have been exposed many times over the years and almost every known authority warned its citizens from reacting to those scams.

2. Ok, so I've never bought a lotto ticket on Mars, yet I believe that I won the lotto on Mars.. a bit strange..!!

3. I have a multi-million dollar company asking for my bank details to send me a truck-load of money.. If this multi-million dollar company decides to spend $25 they could enhance their operations with adding an option for their customers to chose the method of payment to include checks, bank to bank guarantees where their bank confirms their details before mine.. etc.. So they forgot to do that, and I thought it's cute, smiled and gave them the bank details..

In that case I would be the biggest fool walking around.

If it is true that people do actually fall for these pethatic tricks, then easy money does exist... EASY MONEY FOR THE SCAMMERS.
    Yes these are all old news...
    But every day there is someone that just learned to use the internet and recieve email..someone that has just published thier first website and is anxous to make their first dollar...for those these are good reminders for us and new news warnings to them. For those who know - they need to teach the ones who dont know....

I am already fed up with the latest **** to clog my systems for the last 3 weeks: Hoodia
    It even sounds like something connected with either Halloween or purely anatomical/clinical.....like a virus waiting to happen.

But these guys from Nigeria. Lagos, Surinam, and Ivory Coast are pretty clever: always surfing the net and places like our Forum looking to scam up a free utility, plug-in, or script to twist to find another way to scour email addresses or bypass website securities and clone credit cards, etc.
    And they don't seem to give up. Or get caught........

I apparently won the lotto today! Shame it was a scam - I knew it was, yet found myself thinking for a moment wouldn't it be lovely if I really had won 170,000! They are bringing the amounts down to a more believeable level - ok, so people won't fall for the big amounts, but if they get smaller some more might be sucked in!

I agree with Kate - there are still a lot of people out there who are going onto the 'net for the first time, and receiving their first emails. And there are a lot of poor souls in real need of money! Warnings are always useful!

Perhaps it should be a subject taught in school!

Oh, and I now get 100 spam emails a day too Vasili - my Hoodia ones seems to have stopped, but I still get loads of offers to impress my girl and enlarge a piece of anatomy I don't have!!

I have got this letter and send them my name(only). What can they do with this information?

Throw away new letters.
    How did you give them your name?

vodafan Guest

always watch out for the sender's email addresses. solid companies never use freemail services, like gmail or yahoo etc to be their company mail address.

Quote Originally Posted by vodafan View Post
    always watch out for the sender's email addresses. solid companies never use freemail services, like gmail or yahoo etc to be their company mail address.
    Ok, let's think about this seriously.... So are you saying as long as it's not gmail or yahoo or similar email, it's genuine????

Come on ladies and gentlemen... a 'You have won the lottery' email is a scam is a scam is a scam...... A 'Your account needs updating' email is a scam..... A 'Dear friend, I am speaking on the behalf of the late Nigerian king.....' is a scam.... A 'log in to your pay pal account...' email is a scam!!!

Do we really need to discuss the genuinity of the email addresses???
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

vodafan Guest

all am saying, that the scammers are not computer maniacs, but lazy bastards, who will not take extra step to make it look perfect. check how many times they are using freemails. also many times the names are not matching (the name in the mail and the sig)

vodafan Guest

checking email addresses+sig could be the first filter, you do not need even to read further, to know it is a scam all am saying king or not...

I think my friend you are missing the point I am making....

Whether or not they use web based or free email handlers,

whether or not their names match from the top to the bottom of the email,

whether or not it comes in a purple crinkly wrapper encrusted in a gold engraved ribbon that says the words 'THIS IS NOT A SCAM' .......

ANY email of this nature from any company, person or camel is a scam...full stop...period!

If the subject field says 'CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE WON $4,500,00000000000 ' then why even scan the email for how genuine it is or not????
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

vodafan Guest

nobody questions that. period. since lots of young & naive users scrolling trough these forum pages I thought to give some advise, if you do not mind...

vodafan Guest

just to explain a bit further to you: scams are not always transparent, like those nigerian scams. (however the naivity of some people is truly amazing) sometimes their "salespage" is better written and more convincing. so you have to look further, than their text. than you check the "environment" they using...

I think the morale of this story is better schooling for all no?....

vodafan Guest

we r both try our best to help, I guess...hope they listen

Thread Information