Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revamped my website and good eyes to look at!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revamped my website and good eyes to look at!

I haven't been posting much as I've been busy revamping my website. I've added pages, published all my pages as php, revamped my nav bar using css as well as my footer nav, added sitemap, news page, privacy page, etc. etc.

I am looking for some input on seo as well as suggestions for additional content. I also have a few questions, hoping someone can answer for me.
    1. On my news page, I am seeing my script appear twice, once where it is suppose to and another fixed behind my sidelines. Any help you can give me on how to correct would be great. I can't find in the code how to delete that one that is hiding.
    2. On my book travel page, that is linked to my booking engine, but I would like for it to open up in a seperate window. Since I am using a css nav bar, any idea how I can have that open in another window?

www.journeyshappen.com

Please, I would welcome any other comments. Is my affliate page to much? I really tried to stick with travel related vendors, with a few exceptions, but I am somewhat limited in who I can put on my site since my booking engine handles most of the travel vendors already.

Anyway, I do hope I get a lot of eyes looking at all of this, as mine need a break! lol Thanks in advance!
    Cindy Smentowski

Re: Revamped my website and good eyes to look at!

looks real good but the footer box can be moved over to the left a little bit its off centered and your weather is slightly wide for the side you have it on may i recommend moving that down up above the footer box?
    also all your resources are opening within your site no way to navigate back to your site unless you click the back space may want to set them to open up in a new browser.
    the left side that says right place at the right time opens within your site but also get page cannot be displayed.
    "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Very nice, I checked flights to Hong Kong for january....works well.

Good job
      Sharon Chajin

Comment

Thanks Jim...I'm starting a list of things to correct. I would like several of my links such as book travel and the golf pricing to open in a sep browser, but I don't know how to do that using the css nav bar. I'll wait and see if anyone can answer that here, otherwise in a few days, I'll post in the approproiate thread.

Thanks for looking Sharon, let me know if you see any problems in navigating the site.
        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Hi Cindy

Yes, miss you down in the lounge ... as expected you have done a fabulous job .... I find the text in black in some areas against the navy a little hard to read ... your honeymoon page, the text is not as bright as your main page, is it bold on the index and not on the honeymoon? May be bold there too ... it's just a little hard to read, the yellow mainly ....

I do see what you mean on the news page, can only imagine you must have the script in twice somehow, but hey, I wouldn't know ... the experts, will rescue you for sure ....

The honeymoon registry is a terrific idea, sign me up, lol ... but am thinking maybe a different picture than the guy and girl with the wedding cake, looks more wedding related than honeymoonish .. don't u think? If he could carry her in a way that looked like carrying her over the threshold, that would be cool .... just my thoughts ...

Hope to see you having some 'free time' soon ... you have been missed!!
          Treat for you ... lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

in the css nav check where your link is going in ref to look for something like this HREF then once found check link and see if it has target=blank
            if not you will need it to look like this EXAMPLE for css nav...
            <a href="http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/\\" target=_blank" title="TAPS">TAPS</a>
            this will allow your button to open a new browser.
            i tested it on my site it worked :) just change the href to what you see up top. hope that helps ...the information i got it from was from the world wide web on css navs.
            "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

How about arranging your affiliates around themes? Might make it easy to find things if they were categorized and you might get more clicks on them that way, too.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Great idea Beth, I'll work on that. I have placed a few on selected pages that are theme related, but I'm not planning on having to many more than I have now. I may just change them out. I have applied to a few more that are more in line with travel.

Jim, thanks for the info. I will take a look and see if I can find that.

Holly, thanks so much for the signature...I will add that now. I'll double check on my text colors and see what I did there. Yea the lady and guy in the marriage photo....I'm waiting on some other pics that will replace them. Although, she will be disappointed when I do that....(she is my best friend from grade school) but she knows she is just temporary anyway! (the pic not the marriage) lol I see you in the lounge very soon!

Any other suggestions or problems anyone?
                Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Ok...Thanks to Beth, Jim and Holly for their suggestions and help. I think I have fixed and corrected those things. Jim the change in the code did the trick on my css nav bar for the book travel link. THANK YOU!

Has anyone been able to find anything else that I might change? I am still waiting on approval on some pictures I want to use and change out and also just a few more affiliates that are more travel related. Any other suggestions that you would like to see on an internet travel site? More content or text???
                  Cindy Smentowski

Comment

like it a lot the colours are great very lush!
                    Spanish Senora

Comment

Thank you Senora! Colors are difficult for me, but I think these do go together with the purple, blue and teal. To double check I pulled up a color chart someone had posted on another thread and I was happy to see that these were all recommended colors and tints that go together. So many of the threads on this forum offer so much information and for that I am thankful!
                      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

beautiful site - love the transitions - i do agree with LadyEye about the yellow type on Honeymoon page - it appears to move as you read it - just my old eyes - mybe if it wasn't italics?
                        Ann
                        www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
                        www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
                        www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Cindy,

You need to add alt text to nearly all your pictures - including your logo. And all your destinations running down the right of the home page should be clickable to more info - as well as having the alt.

On the left you have the box that has a clickable sentence "You are in the right place at the right time" - personally, I wouldn't do it all in caps - but that's acceptable - however I don't like the sentence broken up to only part of it clickable - so, I'd make it all clickable. And I'd also make the "Welcome" image clickable to the same page. And give it alt text!
                          Beth
                          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

CIndy You've outdone your self and it's truly wonderful..i've bookmarked you to go back later and take a indepth look but great job.
                            Beezz
                            sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Beth: Gosh darn it...I knew I missed something big (on the images) Thats pretty important....Back to the drawing board. The destinations on the right side are the places I am Certified for. I don't know that I want people clicking to those places as I would want them to contact me or go through my website. I'll have to think about that one. Other changes...will take care of.

Beezz!! Thanks for the comments. I would welcome your indepth look and suggestions when you get the time.
                              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Working...
                              X