PDA

View Full Version : What is the best program to use for creating graphics and banners for websites?

karel
01-12-2007, 09:40 PM
I will hopefully soon be building websites for others, this will be friends and local businesses to begin with until I feel more confident with it. My question is which is the best program out there to help create great banners and graphics for websites.

I hope to give some a professional look and was advsied to buy a program like adobe paintshop. I would also like it to be easy enough to grasp, I am pretty patient and eventually do pick things up. Putting those elements together, could anyone suggest a particular program that would be best suited before I spend my money?

As usual thanks for any advice.

Paul

bill2006
01-13-2007, 12:34 AM
Too name a few:
-Paint.Net; PhotoDraw; PhotoShop; MSN Paint; PaintShop; Dreamweaver; Corel, Illustrator.

There are many programs out there, do a search and read about several options at cnet (http://google-cnet.com.com/4566-3513_7-0.html?filter=500342_5515623_&?tag=dir.cat.creat).

Bethers
01-13-2007, 12:44 AM
I agree with Bill. The most important thing is you pick a program that you can comfortably use. If you can find anywhere to try some of them out and find out which works well for you - go for it. I have only used it a few times, but paint.net (which you can find here (http://www.getpaint.net/index2.html)) is a free download. Why don't you try it first - many like it.

Jeremy
01-13-2007, 01:58 AM
I will hopefully soon be building websites for others, this will be friends and local businesses to begin with until I feel more confident with it. My question is which is the best program out there to help create great banners and graphics for websites.

I hope to give some a professional look and was advsied to buy a program like adobe paintshop. I would also like it to be easy enough to grasp, I am pretty patient and eventually do pick things up. Putting those elements together, could anyone suggest a particular program that would be best suited before I spend my money?

As usual thanks for any advice.

Paul

Hello.

You will not be able to create a good looking banner / graphic design without knowing how to use the software first.

The best ones out there would be Macromedia Fireworks or Adobe Photoshop which will cost you more than 1000$ ... so what you can do is get the 31 day free trial and make everything you need, then when it expires, you can decide to buy it, or get a free program ...

If you need any help learning how to use them, let me know! (jeremy@bwservices.ca)

karel
01-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the advice. I did download the free trial for adobe photo shop and it was a bit complicated, I will keep playing with it. There are some helpful dvds out there for sale on how to use them.

I just wanted peoples opinion on what they thought would be suitable for someone starting out. So thanks for the advice and I totally understand Jeremy the hard part is getting used to them, but I am always willing to push myself and thanks for the offer of help if I get stuck.

Beth I will try that free program to begin with...Cheers.

Paul

Karen Mac
01-13-2007, 07:39 PM
I use paint shop pro and adobe cs2. Paint shop is by far EASIER and with some practice you can make some EXCELLENT graphics. I know cuz I do it all the time. They all require some use to get familiar, but theres almost nothing I cant get done with paint shop that i can do with adobephoto, cs2 or fireworks.

Karen

VodaHost
01-14-2007, 11:08 AM
click the below....

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/reviews-share-your-thoughts/9225-paint-net-adobe-photoshop-clone.html