What do you all think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you all think?

Well we did an over haul on our webiste. Took a look!

www.bellissimoweddingsandevents.com

Thanks in advance

MH
    creator: M. Hoon
    http://www.bellissimoweddingsandevents.com
    Wedding Planning and Consulting

Re: What do you all think?

very nice. if this is your first crack at this. it looks good!

only issue is on the contact us form. The Contact Us is overriding the name of the person on the left.

that's it! nice pics!

will you do mine? lol.

www.carabellaskincare.com

Comment

Thank you yeah its our first website. As for the problem on the contact page. It looks fine on my computer, not sure what else to do. I will check to see if anyone else has the same issue. Thank you though.

MH

Comment

Nice work,
        -I see same problem: "Contact Us" appears overlapping name.
        -Consider changing the titles on your pages. "Index new" isn't what search engines like.
        -Might want to center your pages.
        -Use PixResizer to make your images smaller, 2,804,139 is big and users on dial up, may have a hard time loading the page.

You don't need to open a new thread for comments, duplicating posts can be confusing.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Site looks good -interesting choice of colors but nice. Ditto on using pixresizer (its a free download)as pictures take a long time to load and I'm on broadband again ditto pages need to be centered. in page properties check center in browser and keep width to 800-900
          might also want to add a bit about where you are located - if you did I missed it.
          Ann
          www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
          www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
          www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I just finished up resizing all the pictures and centering the pages. Is the "Contact Us" still overlapping the name on the left? On my computer it looks fine, but i know somebody said it was overlapping earlier. Thanks again!

www.bellissimoweddingsandevents.com

P.S. I was testing my form out and when I hit register, my thank you (action) page pops up and at the very top this > symbol appears. Anybody know what that means?

Thanks

MH

Comment

All your links work OK, I like the choice of colours and also the mix of black and white photos with the coloured ones....neat.

I noticed that your contact form allows a blank form to be sent, so your action.php script is not doing any error checks, which also means that your comments box is wide open for the spammers out there..........

If you are interested, I can fix that for you...contact me here or try using NavalDesign´s excellent advanced form.......here
              As an aside, would you care to exchange links with my Wedding Dress Market
              website ? If so, then you can use my "add it yourself" links page........
              Have fun
              Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
              Newbies / Beginners Forum
              FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
              My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
              Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

the "for a beautiful beginning " is way to large some hide behind the photos and mainly the entire words are too large unless this site will be only for people with poor eyesite . try lowering the text a tad .
                "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

A tremendous improvement over the last week. I hope the women didn't beat you up too badly! Great job
                  Naturally Yours,
                  Dori
                  www.earthelixirs.com
                  www.earthelixirsinc.com
                  www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
                  www.virtualdesigndiva.com
                  www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Your site looks great. I think you have done a wonderful job and I love your choice of colors. I too noticed that your contact us page, does not indicate where you are located. I think at least a city, state, country would be good. Keep up the great work. ditto to the other comments above also.
                    Cindy
                    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I just need to figure out how to do an error page for my form.

As for the gentlemen saying that "for a beautiful beginning" was too big and covering up things on the page. I have no idea, you are the first to have that problem. Looks good on my computer.

Thanks again

MH

Comment

I suggest you head over to the search engine room and read some of the basic search engine optimization techniques - starting with how to title pages and writing a meta description for each page.

You need your name (header) to be on ALL pages - people will not always come onto your site from your home page.

On your home page I recommend you make your header much smaller - it's taking up 1/2 my screen and I see so much more blank space than I do what you're about.

Remember you only have a few seconds to catch people's attention or they leave. You have a home page that could easily fit on the screen with no scrolling - but instead have decided to spread it out.

I also may be in the minority here, but the picture on the home page wouldn't keep me for what you do. And you repeat it three times! I like every other picture on the site better - but for the elegance of your home page - would like to see flowers that bring it out - not detract from it.
                        Beth
                        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

The 3 pictures at the top cover the text from my browser. Apart from that good job.

Paul
                          www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                          The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                          Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                          Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

I get the same overlap of the text on the front page pictures as Paul. I aslo agree with Beth on the header being too big. You are using up valuable real estate on that first view by having it so big, space that could be better used to give an inviting description of what you do.

One other thing. You might consider warming up the page alittle alittle bit using another color for the text in the header besides black. The stark could be softened alittle with a brown or burnt sienna type color, and if you combined that with smaller text it would make the site feel more friendly I think. Right now everything is so big and spread out if feels alittle cold and stark. Maybe rather then repeating that picture you could add some event pictures or something, to warm it up..

Follow Beths advice about learning about titling pages, meta stuff and like that - really important, and there is alot written about it.
                            You have a good start, few more tweaks and you'll have it..
                            Good luck
                            Liz
                            www.sebastopolparty.com
                            www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Hi
                              As i am not much of a computer buff, all said and done i liove the sight and the way you have used the colours. A very classy site ! Good luck
                              All the best
                              Karen

Comment

Working...
                              X