Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email...setup

Hello Voda friends.

The email account setup is complete, as far as I can see. It has been configured in Outlook Express.

1. When I open Outlook to retrieve mail, there is a security warning. It says, "The connection to the server has failed. The server you are connected to is using a security certificate and could not be verified. A certificate chain was processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider. Continue?" I chose yes. The warning box closes. Have I made an error somewhere? Can I avoid this warning?

2. Next, there is a box saying, " The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.vickswickscandles.com', Server: 'mail.vickswickscandles.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E" and "Unable to logon to the server using Secure Password Authentication. Account: 'mail.vickswickscandles.com', Server: 'mail.vickswickscandles.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid command.', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18"

So here I sit...completely stumped! Anyone feel like tackling this with me? Your help will be greatly appreciated!
    Vicki

www.staceygoldendesigns.net

Re: Email...stumped

Hi Patience,

Wish I could help but i tired it once and gave up...but i knwo others have gotten this so hang in there and as usual...someone will be along to help out. Have patience...lol..sorry had to get that one in....hehehe
    Beezz
    sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Awww Beezz...how nice of you! How are you my friend? Hope all is irie in sunny Jamaica. Thanks for the encouragement!
      Vicki

www.staceygoldendesigns.net

Comment

Originally posted by Patience
        Hello Voda friends.

The email account setup is complete, as far as I can see. It has been configured in Outlook Express.

1. When I open Outlook to retrieve mail, there is a security warning. It says, "The connection to the server has failed. The server you are connected to is using a security certificate and could not be verified. A certificate chain was processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider. Continue?" I chose yes. The warning box closes. Have I made an error somewhere? Can I avoid this warning?

2. Next, there is a box saying, " The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.vickswickscandles.com', Server: 'mail.vickswickscandles.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E" and "Unable to logon to the server using Secure Password Authentication. Account: 'mail.vickswickscandles.com', Server: 'mail.vickswickscandles.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid command.', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18"

So here I sit...completely stumped! Anyone feel like tackling this with me? Your help will be greatly appreciated!
        I too think i got this message in the properties of your email when setting up Outlook make sure you have under "Servers" that the email username is
        enquiries+vickswicksandles.com this would normally be enquiries@vickswickscandles.com I hope this may help if not someone else will come along and correct me.
        Photography is a snapshot of a time in your life.
        http://www.quantumphotography.net

Websites you dream of... www.quantumwebworks.com

Comment

Re: Email...setup

Click the below to learn how to set up your emails, please also read the trouble shooting section....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X