No announcement yet.

4th Website . . . I love this program!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th Website . . . I love this program!

Being able to have multiple websites under one hosting plan is tremendous. I wake up in the middle of the night with ideas for new products.

Here's my 4th website for your comments.

I've always wanted to do a site with these colors, and if I do say so myself, I think they look pretty good together.

Any and all comments and suggestions welcomed.
    Sheryl Tupa
    Cust-M-Cartoons -- 10% Discount Code: "FORUM"
    Personalized Cartoons For Everyone and Personalized Music CDs for Kids
    New Baby Cartoons
    Personalized Cartoons to announce your new arrival!
    Cloud Nine Photo Magic
    Specializing in unique children & pet portraiture

Re: 4th Website . . . I love this program!

Very Professional Sheryl

You have been working hard. I agree Vodahost is fantastic
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Hi Sheryl,

Good clean and easy to navigate.

You start with examples or quotes, consider 'catching' visitors and telling them about the product or services, using 'keyword rich content' (helps with seo) The 'examples' can move down on page.
      The marquee is way to fast .(It is something i'm not a fan of, as it brings down a good, clean, professional looking site and while making a statement draws attention away from all the other key areas. Consider changing the alt tabs on your nav bar to a discription (short) of where you are taking me... With a corporate website (products for sale) I like to see a 'about us' or 'our company' page, as I want to know where my money is going (time in existance, background, qualifications etc) Consider a 'contact us form' instead of a mailto: address, as it reduces the chance of spam bots finding your email address.

Cheers,
      Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
      Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
      Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
      BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

you are doing a great job ... ditto to the above comments ...
        kym, merlin & tala
        creating white majick
        www.whiteshepherds.com.au
        www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
        www.merlinsmajick.com
        www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Hi Sheryl,

Wow, I think you should get ready for a major influx of business! Excellent concept. The real estate marketing spin doctors are going to love this!!

I wonder if DVDs are possible. That would be nice for those who don't use computers, but have a DVD player.

I hope you make millions!
          Vicki

www.staceygoldendesigns.net

Comment

Great site! How did you make the frame/outside border of your site gray?

Thanks,

WJL

Comment

Originally posted by WJLeary View Post
              Great site! How did you make the frame/outside border of your site gray?

Thanks,

WJL
              Hi WJL,

As sheryl isn't online at present here's the answer:
              In BV>> Right click on open area of page>>page properties>>background>>choose colour from drop down box>>ok

Cheers,
              Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
              Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
              Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
              BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

Thank you all so much for your comments!

"Beer" -- I have printed out your comments, so that I can make the changes you suggested. I'll create the "Our Company" page, and get rid of the scrolling marquee. I really wasn't too sure on that myself. I'll have to read up on doing a contact form. I didn't know that would cut down on spam. Anytime I can do away with that is great.

Kim -- I like your "make millions" comment! With my software I do have the option of burning either a CD or DVD, so hopefully will capture all those who don't have computer like you said.

WJL -- The gray color is just the page background color. All the rest of the page elements are on top of the background.

Again, thanks for your comments. They are greatly appreciated.
                Sheryl Tupa
                New Baby Cartoons
                Cloud Nine Photo Magic

Comment

Hi. Might be worth letting others confer this! But the 2 black lines going horizontal on the page look great in IE, but look rounded & crinkly if fire fox. Its as if FF is reading it as having radius's on the corners. (Strange) Most images would benefit in looks from being reduced with a program & will save on loading times.

Good luck.
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Sheryl,
                    I'm impressed. I like purple, so of course I like your colors :)

Good job - good idea for a site - do you make these yourself also?

Glad to see that the move has been so good for you.
                    Beth
                    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Beth. I do make all the CDs myself. Of course, when this really takes off and I get tons of orders, I'll probably have to enlist the help of others to create and burn the disks as well. That will be a ways down the road though.

I've starting to implement the changes suggested by "Play it by Beer". Removed the scrolling marque and added "alt" descriptions to menu buttons. Still have to write an "About Us" page and I'm not sure about the paragraph at the top of the first page with the keywords as he mentioned:

You start with examples or quotes, consider 'catching' visitors and telling them about the product or services, using 'keyword rich content' (helps with seo) The 'examples' can move down on page.

Being the SEO wiz you are, do you have any suggestions as to what I should put there?
                      Sheryl Tupa
                      New Baby Cartoons
                      Cloud Nine Photo Magic

Comment

Have you researched the keywords to use to reach your target audience? I'm guessing you want realtors and real estate and people selling homes - so you need to research and find the terms they are using to look for products/services that will help them sell - and after you know those keywords - that's what you need to write about. If you can tell me the words - I'd be happy to see about writing about it for you.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to do the research to find those words/phrases for you. But, I agree that you need to find them and use them.
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Sheryl

I remember talking with you about this before, and I noted someone else suggested it too. Really would be worth the effort to make this a DVD. YOu can upgrade your burner for less than 150 bucks to a dvd,cd, dvrw and that way, even if they arent computer guru's they can pop it in their dvd player, as well as a computer.. or charge five bucks more to make it in dvd. But i think you really are missing the crowd just doing it on cd.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                          02036089024 / United Kingdom
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks the the input Karen. I'm off work today, and have begun checking into DVD burners. I've found an external one at BestBuy for about $120. As long as DVDs play in most computers, do you think that I should just produce them in DVD format rather than offering two different outputs? I want to keep it simple, but I know cost of blank DVDs will be more than blank CDs.
                            Sheryl Tupa
                            New Baby Cartoons
                            Cloud Nine Photo Magic

Comment

Well, in my past life managing motels - both myself and my sales person had personal dvd players - so we could take a dvd of the motel on sales presentations to corporate customers. I would think in real estate sales, they might want to do the same.

For that reason, I'd vote for the dvd - and up your price to cover the difference.
                              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                              X