Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first site ever for football (soccer) fans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first site ever for football (soccer) fans.

Hi there! Please have a critical look at my first ever site - www.clanfootball.com/ I'm a Scot, retired, and living in Spain and thought I'd like to have a go at something I'm passionate about (and hopefully augment the pension!). Really looking forward to your comments. Many thanks.

Re: My first site ever for football (soccer) fans.

Well.. whoever your football statcounter cookie thing is get rid of it. I had 9 million popups to allow your cookie, or check your coding, so I never GOT to look at your site cuz i closed it to stop the damn popups.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Dons1,

I didn't go through completely but did NOT have any Pop Ups and I think your site looks GREAT>>>>>
      Sharon Chajin

Comment

you have done a fantastic job .... well done ... one thing I notice is that some of your pages are not centred in the browser ... good luck for the future
        kym, merlin & tala
        creating white majick
        www.whiteshepherds.com.au
        www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
        www.merlinsmajick.com
        www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

hi dons1

have a brief look and think you've come up with a great idea i for 1 have added it to my faves. grest job

bluerovers.co.nz

bluerovers
          www.bluerovers.co.nz
          www.five-a-side.co.nz

Comment

oh and i dont know if you've disabled your cookie? or what but i didn't get any pop ups!!

bluerovers.co.nz
            www.bluerovers.co.nz
            http://summerleague.bluerovers.co.nz
            bluerovers
            www.bluerovers.co.nz
            www.five-a-side.co.nz

Comment

Lots of hard work gone into this. Great job, you should be proud of that.
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

[quote=Karen Mac;184839]Well.. whoever your football statcounter cookie thing is get rid of it. I had 9 million popups to allow your cookie, or check your coding, so I never GOT to look at your site cuz i closed it to stop the damn popups.

Karen[/quote=dons1]Thanks for this and being the first person to reply.

I'm not sure what is going on because I have tested the site on IE, Netscape, Firefox and Opera without any problems. Also I have friends and family around the world who haven't reported your problems. I pull in 2 types of feed:- news feeds which I am not allowed to change (other than look and feel), and product feeds from affiliate networks and merchants which need cookies to track customers in order to pay me!

I don't understand cookies / pop-ups etc., so you'll need to explain to me in more layman's terms what's happening with you - I'm not even sure if I am using this 'reply' thing correctly!

Comment

Sharon, white shepherd, blue rovers, Marincky:

I hope you folks don't mind if I address you all together. It's just that after I posted my original last night I went out to dinner and this morning is the first time I have been able to access the forum.

Thanks for taking the time out to review my site. Your encouragements have really given me a boost at a time when, to be frank, after 3 months of hard slog I was beginning to doubt whether the site was up to scratch.

And your taking the time out with Karen Mack to critique the site so quickly after the posting just confirms that I made the right choice in choosing BV and Vodahost.

www.clanfootball.com/ connecting fans around the world

Comment

Hi, real nice job you have done on this one. One of the best I have seen that has been made with BV. Had no problem with pop ups & all loaded really well. This link might interest you for a map page. http://www.aardvarkmap.net/getamap-e...ll-grounds.htm
                    Be nice to get your logo on the forum instead of the phpbb logo.
                    It may have been worth going down the Navals PHP route before the site gets to large. With your layout, it could quite easily be done. Will save a lot of time in the future.

Good luck.
                    Oh! Just noticed the centre area/list is hanging over the bottom of the page when using Fire Fox. But let others confer this is happening.

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris.

That map will be a great asset - I'll take my time and ensure I get the most potential from it!

I know what's happening with the news feed and I'll take care of that asap.

Once again many thanks.

John (I've just noticed I haven't been using my name!)

Comment

Chris

Bye the way, what is Navals PhP?

John

Comment

Ah! I should of said Naval part.

On that map part you can now use the new google maps with some good choices of map pins. Far easier than the old G/Maps.

Good luck.
                          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                          X