X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with contact form. (editing)

Hi there every1. My name is Bill and my site is www.websitetrafficvault.com

Having trouble with the form.

I have added the code for the contact form. Added the action.php in the form properties box. Built my thank you page, edited the 2 lines of code to reflect my email. Saved the page and published it. Now I enter my contact info as a test to see if it works. When I do this I get a 404 error. It says action.php is not found on the server. I then renamed the action.php to thank you.php, and it worked. Do anyone anticipate this becoming a problem within my site in the future?

Help is most appreciated.

Re: Problem with contact form. (editing)

wball,

click here..this should answer your question

Dan.

Comment

wball,

Your pages are not closing as your site is navigated...this can be
      very annoying to visitors...click here to learn how to set your page
      properties to fix this.

Dan.

Comment

Thanks Dan, I appreciate the input on my site. The pages are fixed and only open in one window. I'm still building but soon will be going live. Thanks again.

Comment

sounds good...look at the PHP code carefully...there is more to the
          code than just 2 lines

Comment

Do you mean the mailto code:

$mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form :\n";

Comment

Here's the entire PHP code..modify the blue to fit your needs:

---------------------------------------------------------------
              <?PHP
              $mailto = "email@yoursite.com";
              $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS['email'];
              if ($email == "") {
              $email = $mailto;
              }
              $mailsubj = "Reservation request";
              $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
              reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
              $mailbody = "Values submitted from our Reservation Form:\n";
              while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
              {
              if ($key!="submit")
              {
              $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
              }
              }
              mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
              ?>
              -----------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by lemmondr View Post
                Here's the entire PHP code..modify the blue to fit your needs:

---------------------------------------------------------------
                <?PHP
                $mailto = "email@yoursite.com";
                $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS['email'];
                if ($email == "") {
                $email = $mailto;
                }
                $mailsubj = "Reservation request";
                $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
                reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
                $mailbody = "Values submitted from our Reservation Form:\n";
                while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
                {
                if ($key!="submit")
                {
                $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
                }
                }
                mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
                ?>
                -----------------------------------------------------------------
                As you can see by my rank, I am very new at this. Quick update. I have created a bunch of pages in my website (I am not published yet). On my index page I have created a form so that I can have people request information from me (get on a newsletter, etc). I followed the instructions to the T. I then created a thank you page. The html script is getting me confused. I copied and pasted the html code which I placed in the "beginning of body" tab as instructed in one of these threads. Again, I have not published yet. My website domain is www.DrAlfredSantoro.com Do I assume that in the mailto line where is says your email, I would put DrAl@www.dralfredsantoro.com ? I haven't set anything up with my email, except for being sure I name the email blank in the form "email" as directed. And then when it says mailsubj would I put "thank you" since it is a thank you page? And lastly, where it says mailbody = Values submitted from web site form - what do I put there? I have no clue. Thanks for your help. I am sure once I finish this and try to publish it, I will have additional questions, but I need to get by this one first. Thanks Big Time!

Comment

Originally posted by santoro1 View Post
                  As you can see by my rank, I am very new at this. Quick update. I have created a bunch of pages in my website (I am not published yet). On my index page I have created a form so that I can have people request information from me (get on a newsletter, etc). I followed the instructions to the T. I then created a thank you page. The html script is getting me confused. I copied and pasted the html code which I placed in the "beginning of body" tab as instructed in one of these threads. Again, I have not published yet. My website domain is www.DrAlfredSantoro.com Do I assume that in the mailto line where is says your email, I would put DrAl@www.dralfredsantoro.com ?
                  Correct

I haven't set anything up with my email, except for being sure I name the email blank in the form "email" as directed. And then when it says mailsubj would I put "thank you" since it is a thank you page?
                  No. Since this is the mail that YOU will recieve, it should be something like "New submission from our Web form" or similar

And lastly, where it says mailbody = Values submitted from web site form - what do I put there? I have no clue. Thanks for your help. I am sure once I finish this and try to publish it, I will have additional questions, but I need to get by this one first. Thanks Big Time!
                  The phrase "Values submitted from web site form" will be simply the start of the email that you will recieve. It is not really important, you can change it with whatever you like, as, in example:

"There has been a new submission from our Web Form. Here is the info submitted:"

Or anything similar. You can also leave it as it is.

Please note that youe email address (when you set it up) will NOT have the www. it will be dral @ dralfredsantoro.com . I have purposely left whitespaces between the text and the @ in order not to spam you before you even set it up!!!
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you for the information. I will be trying to go live by end of day. Another question..All my pages in BV have a .bvp extension. I saved the thank you page with the .php extension as directed. However, the tutorial made a point of saying the thank you page MUST have the .php extension. Did I do something incorrectly? Or does this sound ok to you. Thanks again

Comment

Thank you for the information. I will be trying to go live by end of day. Another question..All my pages in BV have a .bvp extension. I saved the thank you page with the .php extension as directed. However, the tutorial made a point of saying the thank you page MUST have the .php extension. Did I do something incorrectly? Or does this sound ok to you. Thanks again
                      It sounds correct. All pages, by default, are saved as .bvp by blue voda and will publish as .html unless you change the extension. Your thankyou page should be .php.
                      Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Your pages do have the .bvp extension when saved in your computer.
                        You do NOT save your thankyou page with the php extension!!! You simple go in Page Properties and set the extension to be php when published. This way BV will add the correct extension when you publish.
                        Navaldesign
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

thank you for that clarification. BTW, when I went to publish my index page, I got a user id/password issue which I will take up with VodaHost. However, I noted that my email server is mail@dralfredsantoro.com So do I type THIS email address in the html mailto line? Instead of what I had originally done dral@www.dralfredsantoro.com Thanks I have a feeling I will be asking a bunch of question in the short term, so thanks for your patience with me.

Comment

Your mail server should be mail.dralfredsantoro.com and not mail@dralfredsantoro.com

This is NOT your email address, you need to go in your cp / webmail and create whatever email address you want to use, in example dral@dralfredosantoro.com
                            Navaldesign

Comment

ok, let me get this straight...I am getting a bit confused... What should I put on the HTML "beginning of body" tab mailto= line? Right now I have on that line DrAl@www.DrAlfredSantoro.com Are you saying I should have mail.dralfredsantoro.com ? Sorry, but I have no knowledge of this information. I feel like I have mastered addition and subtraction, and now I am thrusted into calculus. A totally different language and logic. Thanks for your clarification.

Comment

Working...
                              X