Using the Validate tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using the Validate tab

I am trying to figure out how to stop spam emails. I thought if I used the validate tab under the editbox properties. I could control the information that is required to be entered in my boxes. Am I going at this the wrong way and is their anyway to stop unwanted emails using your form. Any help would be nice. This form thing is difficult, there's got to be an easier way.

Thanks in advance

MH
    creator: M. Hoon
    http://www.bellissimoweddingsandevents.com
    Wedding Planning and Consulting

Re: Using the Validate tab

Hi MH,
    Go to your cpanel and in the mail section you should see a SPAMASSASSIN button. Click on it and see if that may filter out the spam emails.
    Diane
    www.smallbizunite.net

At first you don't succeed, pick yourself up and try again!

Comment

Thanks for the respond. Yeah I doubled checked that and its enabled. However does that help if my contact form is sending the information to a personal email such as fuse.net.

Comment

Originally posted by MHoon623 View Post
        Thanks for the respond. Yeah I doubled checked that and its enabled. However does that help if my contact form is sending the information to a personal email such as fuse.net.
        That I can't answer and also I don't believe you can really ever stop spam in general but I did find a thread that may be of assistance to you. Give it a look

Diane
        www.smallbizunite.net

At first you don't succeed, pick yourself up and try again!

Comment

Thank you I will look in to it.

MH

Comment

Using the validation entry will not disallow multiple entries by users or bots -- only a validated secure form can do that, or at the very least a simple Email Form with limits on how many characters may be entered....
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Use Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor . The last version also supports captcha validation, so it protects you against bot submissions.

You will find the full instructions on how to implement the captcha in your form, in the tutorial included in the zip.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
              X