Linking Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking Questions

I've created my index page and my menubar,the menu bars are sopposed to have pages linked to them so that when you click on one it directs you to a new page........but right noww it's not working!!!T^T

Re: Linking problems!! Helppppp!!!

What's your website address?
    CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
    CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
    CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

Hi Kelly…
      Make sure your pages are published.. and the buttons are addressed right.. full address; http://www.yourdomain.com/thepage.html... Many times, a slight mistake in the address will cause the… no find… Doug

Comment

eh? My website isn't published yett...it's still a work in progress^_^''
        i just can't link pages to a fixed menu bar!! T^T thanks for trying...........

Comment

Assuming you've done everything as shown in the various tutorials, you're links still won't work until you publish. I usually leave the links to the final stage of development.

Tom
          CLAMcentral.com Children's Ministry resources
          CLAMcentral's Projects Blog
          CLAMbakeonline.com Family Fun

Comment

1. Publish each and every page - (as suggested above). NOT your
            website. (I'll explain later). It doesn't matter if you're still working on it - noone will see your site but you. That comes later.

This is what you have to do:

1. Name every page correctly.
            2. Save on the very same name (Toolbar on left, above - File - Save as...
            3. Publish page. (Toolbar on left, above - Publish...)

Now. Go and type in your web address (your URL which you bought...).Your index page will appear as your website...
            Those who can help need this.

Don't give up, it's easy (or will become).

Now GO TO TUTORIAL, AND START AGAIN AND PAY VERY PRECISE ATTENTION TO EVERY LITTLE DETAIL QUOTED THERE. ESPECIALLY ON FIXED MENU BAR AND HYPERLINKING.

Help will come.
            www.gabor-music.com

Comment

You need to Review Forum Decorum >> How To Ask For Assistance

This forum gets thousands of visitors every single day...We need to know who we are speaking to.
              A forum username does NOT tell us who you are. It is impossible for us to assist you or diagnose your issue, if you do not identify your website's domain name.
              Simply saying "Heeeeeeelp! Why dont my links work?" is NOT CORRECT.
              END QUOTE

It is not a resolvable issue (or even a real issue) unless you have an actual domain name and an account to which you have published a website to, now then is it?
              ( * HINT: Since you do not have pages published into any account, there is no possible way "Preview" can display any page that may have a valid hyperlink that points to a non-existant website, correct? You need to have a website with pages published to it in order to navigate! )
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by gabor View Post
                1. Publish each and every page - (as suggested above). NOT your
                website. (I'll explain later). It doesn't matter if you're still working on it - noone will see your site but you. That comes later.

This is what you have to do:

1. Name every page correctly.
                2. Save on the very same name (Toolbar on left, above - File - Save as...
                3. Publish page. (Toolbar on left, above - Publish...)

Now. Go and type in your web address (your URL which you bought...).Your index page will appear as your website...
                Those who can help need this.

Don't give up, it's easy (or will become).

Now GO TO TUTORIAL, AND START AGAIN AND PAY VERY PRECISE ATTENTION TO EVERY LITTLE DETAIL QUOTED THERE. ESPECIALLY ON FIXED MENU BAR AND HYPERLINKING.

Help will come.
                You need to buy a URL??
                o . o...watttt?? o geezz- .-
                it's kinda confusingg, but thnx for helping!! This goes for everybody tht's bothered to helpp me!!!! Althought i will try to make your efforts worthwhile but tht's a promise that i'll try to keep!! I probly just end up hiring somebody to make it for me ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                  You need to Review Forum Decorum >> How To Ask For Assistance

This forum gets thousands of visitors every single day...We need to know who we are speaking to.
                  A forum username does NOT tell us who you are. It is impossible for us to assist you or diagnose your issue, if you do not identify your website's domain name.
                  Simply saying "Heeeeeeelp! Why dont my links work?" is NOT CORRECT.
                  END QUOTE

It is not a resolvable issue (or even a real issue) unless you have an actual domain name and an account to which you have published a website to, now then is it?
                  ( * HINT: Since you do not have pages published into any account, there is no possible way "Preview" can display any page that may have a valid hyperlink that points to a non-existant website, correct? You need to have a website with pages published to it in order to navigate! )
                  ummm..................i started this thread to GET help, which mind me is probly what this WHOLE SITE is FOR, resolvable or unresolveable is gonna depend on how helpful these posts and people are. And right now, the're being pretty danmed helpful!
                  So if you wanna help, thank you, if you wanna lecture mehh, write on a piece of paper and eat it! it'll get some one to notice it...........or notice and care about it more than i do anyway.....;D

Comment

Working...
                  X