Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing Assistance

Hello people

I`ve had my site running for a while now and have been able to update and add pages without a problem.

Recently though I`ve sent pages to update and yet they appear unchanged on the site (yes I`ve updated my browser window and deleted all cache files).
    Looking in FTP manager the pages are there in the public folder and look like the page as it has been updated.

No settings have been changed in BlueVoda.

Any ideas?
    Paul
    www.tinwolf.co.uk

Re: Can`t update site

Originally posted by tinwolf View Post
    Hello people

I`ve had my site running for a while now and have been able to update and add pages without a problem.

Recently though I`ve sent pages to update and yet they appear unchanged on the site (yes I`ve updated my browser window and deleted all cache files).
    Looking in FTP manager the pages are there in the public folder and look like the page as it has been updated.

No settings have been changed in BlueVoda.

Any ideas?
    what do you mean by 'sent pages to be updated' ? do you mean you have republished them? If so, make sure you haven't at some point renamed the pages.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Yes I`ve published pages as normal, one page was the index page which is called "index", another was a new page called aboutus.
      This page should be http://www.tinwolf.co.uk/aboutus.html
      The page cannot be found but can be seen in the public folder in FTP manager.

I just know I`m missing something simple but can`t think what it might be.
      Paul
      www.tinwolf.co.uk

Comment

Yes I`ve published pages as normal, one page was the index page which is called "index", another was a new page called aboutus.
        This page should be http://www.tinwolf.co.uk/aboutus.html
        The page cannot be found but can be seen in the public folder in FTP manager.

I just know I`m missing something simple but can`t think what it might be.
        So you can confirm that the page file on your server is called 'aboutus' all lowercase, and nothing before or after it? If that is the case it should show... have another look, as you say, it will be something simple and staring you in the face.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

In FTP manager the page is called aboutus.html with no spaces or anything, infact I copied the file name directly from FTP manager and pasted it on the end of tinwolf.co.uk/ still nothing.

I`m a bit stumped, I`ve changed and re-published pages many times since I first set up the site back in 2006 with no problems.
          Paul
          www.tinwolf.co.uk

Comment

In FTP manager the page is called aboutus.html with no spaces or anything, infact I copied the file name directly from FTP manager and pasted it on the end of tinwolf.co.uk/ still nothing.

I`m a bit stumped, I`ve changed and re-published pages many times since I first set up the site back in 2006 with no problems.
            Remove the .html from the name, BV automatically adds that.

Comment

The file is saved as aboutus.bvp, I didn`t name it .html.
              Paul
              www.tinwolf.co.uk

Comment

How many websites do you have? If you have an add-on domain it is very easy to publish to the wrong site.
                Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
                Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
                Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

Re: Publishing Assistance

Just the one domain
                  Paul
                  www.tinwolf.co.uk

Comment

Something I`ve just realised, I sent a link to a customer to the aboutus page so he could see a bit of his motorbike vest being made which is shown on the page. The page worked then because he replied and said it was interesting.

So where`s it gone? I`ve re-published it but that doesn`t work, in fact I don`t appear to be able to publish anything although BlueVoda reports that pages are published and the pages appear in the list shown in FTP manager in the public folder.
                    Paul
                    www.tinwolf.co.uk

Comment

Open your aboutus page in BV and tell us exactly what the bar at the top of the page reads.
                      If it reads aboutus.bvp - the click File in the upper left, click Save Page As and make sure it is being saved as aboutus.bvp.
                      Then publish and see if you can go to the page via your browser. I don't see a link anywhere on your site to an aboutus page.
                      If you cannot see it, change the name of that page to aboutus1 and then open a new blank page. Save it as aboutus and put a simple text on the page with something like Under Construction. The save it and publish it and see if you can go to it then and get the new page.
                      Let us know.
                      Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
                      Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
                      Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

Note: There have been some server changes made recently. Possibly you are publishing sucessfully to a server that does not exist.

What is your IP#
                        CarbonTerry
                        Semper Fi
                        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                        Zone 5 Photo
                        My USMC

Comment

Originally posted by jcaywood View Post
                          Open your aboutus page in BV and tell us exactly what the bar at the top of the page reads.
                          If it reads aboutus.bvp - the click File in the upper left, click Save Page As and make sure it is being saved as aboutus.bvp.
                          Then publish and see if you can go to the page via your browser. I don't see a link anywhere on your site to an aboutus page.
                          If you cannot see it, change the name of that page to aboutus1 and then open a new blank page. Save it as aboutus and put a simple text on the page with something like Under Construction. The save it and publish it and see if you can go to it then and get the new page.
                          Let us know.
                          The page is aboutus.bvp, I have published it succesfully yet it can`t be found. There is no link to the page on the site as the link is in the new index page that I also can`t seem to publish.
                          Paul
                          www.tinwolf.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonTerry View Post
                            Note: There have been some server changes made recently. Possibly you are publishing sucessfully to a server that does not exist.

What is your IP#
                            IP address is 74.52.137.210
                            If I go to http://74.52.137.210/~uicnbkcu/ which is my "temporary URL" as shown in my login data I see the new index page I published.
                            Paul
                            www.tinwolf.co.uk

Comment

You had a server upgrade. Go here for info
                              CarbonTerry
                              Semper Fi
                              Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                              Zone 5 Photo
                              My USMC

Comment