Outlook vs. webmail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook vs. webmail

Here's the deal: my personal email account is with Netzero. I never set up Outlook on my new desktop computer because when I tried to on my laptop, it reconfigured my netzero settings and I couldn't get any email at all. Not that this is YOUR problem, but....I hope you can help me make this work.
    I want to use Outlook for my business email, not webmail. Yet...I still need to have access to Netzero for my personal email.
    When I open Outlook to configure, it wants to go to my ISP and change the settings. But I don't want it to change those settings.

I have searched the tutorials and the forums for something related to this issue but found none. Again, knowing this is really not Blue Voda's issue, can you offer any advice to keep my webmail server info from being altered and also using Outlook at the same time?
    Thanks,
    Treenerd
    briggatefarms.com

Re: Outlook vs. webmail

To be able to use the convenience of Outlook (which will collect your email from multiple sources into one 'desktop' interface) you will have to break down and learn how to set it up once and for all.

NetZero/Juno, Hotmail, GMail --- it matters not where the email is coming from whatsoever: it is all about how you set up your handling of email addresses at whatever source they may come from and whether or not you properly configured Outlook to poll for your mail.

I myself have high speed connection, and will always have Juno dialup as my permanent failsafe connnection .... so it really doesn't have any bearing on the type of default internet access either (although it may affect the speed of operation, of how long it takes for Outlook to download your mail). I elected to simply have all my Juno mail "Forwarded" to my domain/website hosted here at VodaHost.

Outlook processes all the email addresses I entered into it quickly and efficiently without fail. Having 4 computers on at all times helps somewhat, though, as I balance the load across them, each averaging 25 email accounts per Outlook/computer.

Adding Email Address To Domain (Control Panel Tutorial)
    VodaHost Outlook Setup Guide
    Outlook Configuration (VodaTalk Forums)

Or ... Google to find the specific Outlook version OEM Guide from Microsoft.

Time to get busy!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X