Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Size

Hi, Ah! Sorry, when I said about the folder part, I only noticed that when I went to upload I see the software going into overtime & appears to make 3 images from the one. But looking through my c panel there is only the 6 or so images that I used of yours. A lot of the other images where the template for showing the slide show being uploaded. (I’m new to this software as well)
    As for the folder/directory part I was thinking about if you do use a bit of software like this or the ones in c panel, it may be better to create an album with X amount of images (IE: 1 months worth of matches), then upload that album into a folder/directory of its own. Then create another album & place this in another folder/directory within the 1st folder. With this software you can create as many albums as you like & then link it the same way as you had done before on your site. You could have just 1 page with one iframe with all your links on the same page on drop down menus & link the albums to show in the iframe? With the amount of images you are talking about? This maybe a way to keep them organised. Bit like the links below.

Good luck! it will be a lot of work.

Chris.

http://www.halifaxwolverinesjra.com/photo/album1/maymatches.html
    http://www.halifaxwolverinesjra.com/photo/album2/junematches.html
    http://www.halifaxwolverinesjra.com/photo/album2/julymatches.html
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I think I definitely have to keep the photos organized, and perhaps I will make a new folder for each game, just in the same way i have them stored on my computer ... it's an awesome looking program and the price is not bad ... I will look into the fantastico options, I had a peak today, but didn't explore a whole lot, if anyone knows whether or not the gallerys in fantastico provide the same features as this or not, it would save me looking further into it .... I am thinking not since ez-ez is going to get it ...

one question I have is this(not necessarily related to this photo album, just storing and saving images in general) okay here's my question ....

If once I have uploaded my folder of images and published them on my page, do I need keeping them in the same location on my computer or am I free to move them around? or would this disrupt my files already published?

Thanks for any help ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Think you may have to do a little test with the software on moving your images around? I assume that if something has a link to it & you move it to another folder, you will lose the link. But with this software it may? make a copy of the image & place it in its own folder within the software. But once you have uploaded your album will be fine on site. (assuming you don’t move the photos in c panel) The only reason that you may want to leave them where they are on your machine is if you want to update the album & republish for any reason. Try the free PRO download & have a play around. It really quick to make an album.
        It may also be worth having a look at this post to see how the photo album freebies work.
        http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/customer-website-reviews-your-testing-ground/11857-jalbum-porta.html

Chris.

Oh! I made an enquiry at this software company to see if the software could be linked to Photo bucket or yahoo & they said this.

Dear Chris,

Thank you for contacting us and your thoughtful feedback. Version 2.0, to be
        released later this year, will offer easy theme editing from within the
        program, to enable more personalized themes.

Supporting photo hosting services like Photobucket can indeed be very
        helpful to users. From a practical perspective however, it may be difficult
        to achieve without downgrading the user experience. The galleries produced
        by Web Gallery Wizard require images at specific sizes to fit nicely in the
        gallery layout. It is something we can take a further look into.

Something we are considering to implement in 2.0 or shortly thereafter is
        something similar to your suggestion but in the realm of videos. That is to
        present in the gallery videos that are actually hosted at YouTube.com.

Please contact us should you have any other feedback or questions. We
        appreciate your business.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Awfully good well researched info for me Chris, thank you very much for your time, i actually have a ton of videos hosted on utube under the user name LadyEye as well, I uploaded all of my videos there last year, around 150 of them, with blue voda I am going to keep them right with my site but still may offer them in utube as the exposure it creates worldwide for the website and the players, and to satisfy the few subscribers to my videos there ... The same with my photos, I used yahoo last season, I have probably like 75 or more photo albums up there.

You see I was unaware of this web hosting last year and I used *******s as a fan site etc. I did not do the official site last year, using *******s it cost me a fortune in comparison to the one price I pay here, I constantly ran out of bandwidth, load times were slow, weekends without a website due to some technical problem or other, you were not able to be creative with layouts, there was not a support forum but they had live support, this is just so so much better, not to down *******s so much, but this is just one million times better ..... one million million times better and now the photo album, things just can't get any better.

I wonder if the video section will be part of just a simple upgrade or if one would have to buy the entire software again? Hmm ... something to consider as well .....

Thanks

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye
            Awfully good well researched info for me Chris, thank you very much for your time, i actually have a ton of videos hosted on utube under the user name LadyEye as well, I uploaded all of my videos there last year, around 150 of them, with blue voda I am going to keep them right with my site but still may offer them in utube as the exposure it creates worldwide for the website and the players, and to satisfy the few subscribers to my videos there ... The same with my photos, I used yahoo last season, I have probably like 75 or more photo albums up there.

You see I was unaware of this web hosting last year and I used *******s as a fan site etc. I did not do the official site last year, using *******s it cost me a fortune in comparison to the one price I pay here, I constantly ran out of bandwidth, load times were slow, weekends without a website due to some technical problem or other, you were not able to be creative with layouts, there was not a support forum but they had live support, this is just so so much better, not to down *******s so much, but this is just one million times better ..... one million million times better and now the photo album, things just can't get any better.

I wonder if the video section will be part of just a simple upgrade or if one would have to buy the entire software again? Hmm ... something to consider as well .....

Thanks
            Hah! I guarantee it will be chargeable, but hopefully with a similar price to their photo album. Good luck with the project, not sure how you are going to catalogue this very large project, but putting a date/number/code in the URL might help.

Cheers.

Chris.
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I think you are exactly right with the date and number code with this project. And then one only needs to have the memory to draw from a certain game a certain photo they need, lol ... I also take alot of individual shots of the players and create their own photo albums, I end taking a fair amount of pics each game, like 300 or more and I then break them up into what I call action shots and players profile pics, then separate the players profile pics by player, make their album and put the rest into game photos ... yeah, they all really like it though ....

thanks so much for all your help .... tomorrow I shall test the albums, freshly in the morning I will start and if Bill can have my tea shipped to me by mid morning that would be appreciated .... :)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

StephenG:

I too had as gallery size problem, my solution was to reorganize my galleries (espicially the dogs gallery) into subsets (size by weight) and additional pages. The bigger the project the more pages. I will eventually have 7 rows of 7 coloumbs of thumbnails inserted in a all encompassing I-frame for enlargement purposes. I still haven't gotten any feed back on load time for any of these pages on low speed (28 mbps) dial up modem. This number is my shot in the dark. If ten people would use similar tecnique with different number of thumbs, a graph could me made ploting thumbs VS. load time for that tecnique. As far as I have researched no one has bothered to do this. It would be nice if the designers of these programs did these kind of studies, then every one would know where they stand. I am afraid until such a time we stand alone (together).

P.S. Carlos is more than a bright boy, his tec exposure alone is reason enough to heed his postings. Me, I still learn things the hard way (trial and error), but am always willimg to share the little I know with any one who will listen, and learning more every day.

P.P.S. I am not finished with the reorganization, so the new pages aren't
                linked to my site yet.

Comment

hi ewry bady i luking sam programm for maik slide show for my web sait do you now any free programm?????????
                  www.ltflooringinstallation.com

Comment

Originally posted by ivarok79
                    hi ewry bady i luking sam programm for maik slide show for my web sait do you now any free programm?????????

Hi Ivarok

In your control panel, down on the bottom right, you will see a blue smiley face, this is called fantastico, in fantastico there are several free photo albums, which include slideshows, for you to download and install and use with your blue voda website .... One that comes to mind and does a wonderful job is jalbum ..... you can find them there, they are free to use ....

Also within your blue voda website builder, on the left hand side tool bar, near the bottom, you will find the gallery, here you can create your own slide show right on your page of your website.

Both are useful, it would depend on the amount of photos you put in each.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

You can move your photos/whatever in your BV folder and it will not affect the online website at all. However, if you try to edit one of the files in your BV folder you will find that the images/whatever will be missing on every page. That's because you have broken the progression that you used to make the page originally. Believe me, I know.....LOL
                      Thankfully I had backed up my entire BV forlder before trying this.
                      I downloaded the trial Pro version and made Albums quite easily. I FTP'd them to a "test" folder in my public_html folder.
                      I cannot however figure out how to view them. Any suggestions?
                      CarbonTerry
                      Semper Fi
                      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                      Zone 5 Photo
                      My USMC

Comment

I tried using the JAlbum feature earlier this year. After much help, I was able to figure it out. Unfortunately it was over a month before I could get back to it and I can't remember an iota of the information.
                        CarbonTerry
                        Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                        Zone 5 Photo
                        My USMC

Comment

Check it out

http://www.zone5pix.com/Our-Family/
                          CarbonTerry
                          Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                          Zone 5 Photo
                          My USMC

Comment

Really nice job on the album, only wish I could get myself that organized ... soon, soon ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                            X