family tree chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• family tree chart?

I am (endlessly, I think) working on a site for my family, really informal, designed to reconnect cousins and other relatives who have drifted apart through the years and across the country. Most of it is stories and pictures of our ancestors, but I also want to include a family tree.
    I want it to be a simple chart, so I could put a few generations, maybe 4 or 5 on a page, and then I would link off of each box or name (to another page with someone's history) or rollover, maybe, to details about that person.
    I can make trees with the geneology software I have, (PAF) but can't figure out how to get them on my page. They are also slightly more complex than I had in mind, though I can probably work around that.
    Any body have any ideas?
    thanks
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Re: family tree chart?

Hi, I am not sure on the software you have & if it allows you to create web pages or not. If worst comes to the worst, take a screen shot of the page with your family tree from your computer & trim it up with a photo software, then load it into BV with image map facility. (Next to the image button) From here you can place as many links as you like anywhere on the image to the family members.
    Or place a menu bar (drop down) at each area of the family, so a list of names with links will appear when you mouse over an area of the tree.

Chris.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

thanks Chris.
      The software I have does make a webpage, but is very structured in what it does, and allows me no flexibility.
      I will probably do as you suggested, or maybe just make one from scratch.
      Anyway, thanks for the help.
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

One other way i forgot about was Navals post.

It woud alow you to place you page on the site with transparent overlay of other infomation.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
        X