Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone teach me how to upload a file full of photos? I need the ulr addresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can someone teach me how to upload a file full of photos? I need the ulr addresses

Thanks Amanda and thanks Ama... So all can be called out of ftp from main domain and subdomains links... That's swell I'll experiment with that... Now I know you're a clogger... Amanda... That's fun... I'm always learning something new at the forum...Again Thanks... Doug

Comment

Re: Can someone teach me how to upload a file full of photos? I need the ulr addresses

okay I'm stuck again..
      now I have my folder loaded in my ftp
      and thank you I now know where the http address of each photo is, but that is not working out...
      The program asks me to browse to "find photos" then to drag and drop in to its "holder" and is asking only for the "Host ULR"
      Boy I feel stupid right about now because I've tried everything I can think of. It only works if I'm previewing (files locally on my c-drive). No photos show up via previewing in bv.
      Any one have any suggestions??? I know it is suppose to work, but I’m beginning to get burnt out on this :)
      Thanks All..
      Beck

Comment

Beck

What program are you using? And does it support working on the web. Im thinking your issue is, that it makes its own image folder and you create a project, insert it to a webpage, and upload ITS files/folder to your website. Then the website URL would be www.yourdomain.com.

Im sure it has instructions for doing this, and without a clue as to its operation, we are all just stabbing in the dark to assist you. Have you asked its support for assistance?
        Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Here is the program download page - http://www.isdntek.com/clikinstall.htm

but before I actually purchase this program, I'd like to know I can make it work. So I've downloaded the full TRIAL version... and have 25 days left to figure it out :) Of course not that I have a full 25 days that I can devote to spending with my computer to figure this out.

Karen you have to be right -- I too think I'm just missing a step -- but I'm not a computer genius -- not just yet anyhow -- I'm still on a great big learning curve with lots of irons in the fire so to speak. (Maybe too many)

Being as I've never done this before, that is "the finding my photo file thing" that I’m stuck on --
          Please keep in mind that I will need to have the steps broken down to the smallest part... web building and the lingo is still a foreign langue to me at this point. lol
          But I’m a quick study.

I just get so frustrated when I can't figure something out - that I know is suppose to work.
          Guess as with all things in life, it just takes learning the steps and we can accomplish anything -
          right?...

Thanks all of you for the help -- hopefully if you take a look at the program you guys can tell me where I'm going wrong.
          Beck
          www.hitchhikinghorses.com
          www.picturetours.net

Comment

Beck

Heres your answer

Make Clickable Picture Gallery. Click a button and the program will create a beautiful clickable photo gallery for your web page. It can even include your own Copyright notice and Gallery title. The HTML is ready to paste into your web or auction page, and you will get a folder of compressed images and thumbnails to upload to your favorite image host. (Built-in uploader supports many sites, including your own webhost.) Automatically resize, zoom, crop, rotate, compress JPG/BMP/GIF photos/images into a high-resolution thumbnail clic-a-pic-gallery with ClicPic
            and...

Professional Looking Gallery. With a single click, Clic*Pic will resize and compress your images, make your thumbnails, make a project folder, and create a professional looking gallery. The perfect batch-processing solution for power sellers, and the quick and simple solution for occasional sellers.
            It makes a PROJECT folder to which you have to copy to your website, and the html to copy into your page.[/quote]

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

It makes a PROJECT folder to which you have to copy to your website
              Thank You Karen -- but I need to figure out where it put the "Project folder" then, and how do I load it? I know how to load the HTML just not the folder...

Comment

Beck

Id use a ftp client and upload the whole folder into your main directory, or the domain directory in question. AS to finding the project, id look on the c crive, programs, program name and a folder called projects. If it has a help file or tutorials Id go thru them. Im sure this is explained somewhere.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

By the way theres also a built in ftp so you dont have to hunt for your files. You might try using it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X